homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Coleman Research Group- anyone know anything about them?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Coleman Research Group- anyone know anything about them?
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anybody got any experience or knowledge of this lot? http://www.colemanrg.com/ They've picked me up through Linkedin and would like to pay me to share my 'expertise' (slightly doubtful about that, but never mind) with one of their clients on the phone.
Thought they looked a bit snake-oil but Googling suggests they might be more serious than that- although seem to be working in a world of back-room business information that is rather alien to me.
My instinct is to steer clear, if only because I'm not convinced that what they do is terribly ethical.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hosting/

This looks more suited to All Saints than Purgatory to me.

/hosting

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, Eutychus- wasn't sure which board it fitted best.
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hosts will be watching this but if help is possible, please help.

My offering is that very little actual information is on that site. Eac heading brings up a couple of sentences the an offer to become a client, to join firm or whatever.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Garasu
Shipmate
# 17152

- Posted      Profile for Garasu   Email Garasu   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They have a Wikipedia entry

... if that helps

--------------------
"Could I believe in the doctrine without believing in the deity?". - Modesitt, L. E., Jr., 1943- Imager.

Posts: 889 | From: Surrey Heath (England) | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Garasu:

... if that helps

Sounds like it was written by senior management Wouldn't trust that entry further than I could shake a stick.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

Yes quite. At the risk of junior hosting, I'd like to say that I don't want people to say anything defamatory here- if you have any detailed criticisms please PM me.
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
quote:
Originally posted by Garasu:

... if that helps

Sounds like it was written by senior management Wouldn't trust that entry further than I could shake a stick.
I took a look at the article history. Only two major contributors neither of whom ever worked on anything else (well to be exact one edited a couple of other entries to add a reference to Coleman Research). If google searching note their initials CRG combined with Coleman might work better than "Coleman Research" (the latter gets you a lot about any research done by someone called Coleman).

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This highlights a general problem. Some time ago we were targetted by a scammer purporting to be interested in some shares we had. Reference to website - which indeed looked pukkah. If somewhat recent.

The penny only dropped when they started mentioning a large sum of money which could be ours but only if we acted quickly.

That seems to be the only way - to try and determine what advantage the approach is angling for (often not obvious): look out for appeals to cupidity, examine all assertions particularly those you would really like to be true, and be wary of any pressure to 'close the deal'.

But that, as I say, is a general caveat.

[ 01. July 2016, 08:30: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Honest Ron Bacardi
Shipmate
# 38

- Posted      Profile for Honest Ron Bacardi   Email Honest Ron Bacardi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is a genuine Coleman Research Group operating in this area. Whether it is they who are contacting you is something only you can determine.

But before you do sign up, you may want to read this.

--------------------
Anglo-Cthulhic

Posts: 4857 | From: the corridors of Pah! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

Thanks. That confirms my doubts about whether this is something I really want to be getting into.

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016