homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Coventry archdeaconies question

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Coventry archdeaconies question
Dan BD
Apprentice
# 16559

- Posted      Profile for Dan BD   Email Dan BD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wondering minds want to know.

Coventry diocese are apparently 'on a journey' to merging their two archdeaconries. It started with replacing (probably just rebranding) the Archdeacon of Warwick with the Archdeacon Missioner and delegating the Warwick archdeaconry to the Archdeacon of Coventry. Now the Archdeacon of Coventry is rebranded Archdeacon Pastor.

So who is currently legally responsible for where? I am just wondering and cannot find the answer online. Over to you, fools.

--------------------
DBD

We're here to spread your message, we're leading from the front!
Your word will cross the borders, you'll be in ev'ry coun- -try soon.

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have you tried asking anyone in the Diocese?

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't know but my diocese has one archdeacon instead of the former three and is appointing other clergy to do archidiaconal work in addition (but with no pay rise!!!)

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Indifferently
Shipmate
# 17517

- Posted      Profile for Indifferently     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One of the few priests I regularly chat to in Coventry will certainly know if you want to contact him. As for the other, The rector of St John the Baptist, well... let's just say he's not very fond of the diocesan hierarchy.
Posts: 288 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is a polity question and doesn't really belong in Ecclesiantics. I don't think you're going to get any better responses than to ask someone in the diocese so I am going to close this thread rather than moving it.

seasick, Eccles host

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016