Thread: Coventry archdeaconies question Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=025042

Posted by Dan BD (# 16559) on :

Wondering minds want to know.

Coventry diocese are apparently 'on a journey' to merging their two archdeaconries. It started with replacing (probably just rebranding) the Archdeacon of Warwick with the Archdeacon Missioner and delegating the Warwick archdeaconry to the Archdeacon of Coventry. Now the Archdeacon of Coventry is rebranded Archdeacon Pastor.

So who is currently legally responsible for where? I am just wondering and cannot find the answer online. Over to you, fools.

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

Have you tried asking anyone in the Diocese?

Posted by leo (# 1458) on :

I don't know but my diocese has one archdeacon instead of the former three and is appointing other clergy to do archidiaconal work in addition (but with no pay rise!!!)

Posted by Indifferently (# 17517) on :

One of the few priests I regularly chat to in Coventry will certainly know if you want to contact him. As for the other, The rector of St John the Baptist, well... let's just say he's not very fond of the diocesan hierarchy.

Posted by seasick (# 48) on :

This is a polity question and doesn't really belong in Ecclesiantics. I don't think you're going to get any better responses than to ask someone in the diocese so I am going to close this thread rather than moving it.

seasick, Eccles host

© Ship of Fools 2016