Thread: Lace Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=025043

Posted by seasick (# 48) on :

Ok, who has the laciest cotta? Probably someone cares...

Posted by Basilica (# 16965) on :

This guy. End of thread.

Posted by Thurible (# 3206) on :

Fr Brindley's pineapples.

Thurible

Posted by Bishops Finger (# 5430) on :

Our former Rural Dean came to celebrate Mass for us one Sunday morning and forgot his alb......

......so we provided him with one from the back of our sacristy cupboard. It was made (I am sure) from Granny's discarded lace curtains, and was intended for someone about 5 feet tall. The RD was 6 feet 3 inches, so you can imagine how seemly and edifying he looked in it.

[Devil]

Ian J.

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

This one comes with tastefully matching stole.

Posted by John Holding (# 158) on :

A friend of mine who'd cocked up his previous parish was serving a time in purgatory -- the local AC place. The rector, as was his wont, holidayed in Rome one year and came back with a complete set of the choir robes of a Roman Monseignor. These he donned one afternoon when the Altar Guild was about, presumably to demonstrate how fine he looked.

One rather earthy member of the Altar Guild muttered to my friend, who was also present for the displays, "Huh. Tits to toes in kitchen curtains." Which seems to me to be related, somehow, to dressing your visiting prelate in a disused lace tablecloth instead of a seemly alb.

John

[ 11. February 2013, 15:57: Message buggered about with by: John Holding ]

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

Nightdress anyone?

Posted by Devils Advocate (# 16484) on :

Not at that price!

© Ship of Fools 2016