homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Broken and lost?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Broken and lost?
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was looking for the Broken thread. I can still find it in Purgatory, but the last post there was the Hostly decision to move it to All Saints, as it would be more appropriate there. That makes a lot of sense to me, except that it doesn't seem to be in All Saints. Does anyone know what has happened to it?

[ 01. September 2013, 22:16: Message edited by: Robert Armin ]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Somebody started making threats about legal action. This is something we always take seriously, so the thread has been removed from the public boards.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Somebody started making threats about legal action. This is something we always take seriously, so the thread has been removed from the public boards.

What threat of legal action? There is no threat.

I am not taking legal action against anyone, any time. The church is afraid of me because it thinks I will, but I won't. I am a Catholic. Catholics do not sue their own mothers.

[Frown]

Logging out. Not coming back.

[ 02. September 2013, 08:06: Message edited by: Anglo Catholic Relict ]

would love to belong
Shipmate
# 16747

- Posted      Profile for would love to belong   Email would love to belong       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think this is a reference to me.

To accuse me of threatening legal action is a travesty.

I simply warned of the possibility of posters facing action re abusive comments posted in Hell.

I dislike how things you say here are twisted by the admin for their own agenda.

There was no need to pull the whole thread. I am sorry for any upset caused to you ACR.

Posts: 331 | From: Lost and confused | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh the irony. "would love to belong" throws toys out of pram at a bit of swearing (whilst swearing herself), no one gives a monkies.

At the same time threatens the ship with some very offensive language causing a thread to close. Thereby hurting ACR.

ACR, come back, none of this is about you.

WLTB, I would like you to apologise please for your awful use of language which caused a much needed thread to be closed. I would call happily call you to Hell if I did not think it would drag out your desire to get all nasty, petulant and litigious.

Fly Safe, Pyx_e

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglo Catholic Relict:
I am not taking legal action against anyone, any time.

It wasn't you.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
would love to belong
Shipmate
# 16747

- Posted      Profile for would love to belong   Email would love to belong       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I have made my position clear.

I have apologised to ACR for any contribution I made to the pulling of the thread.

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As I said, we take legal threats very seriously no matter how they are expressed.

I'm pleased to see that you've found the correct place to air your concern though. If you have any other concerns about how the boards are run, this board (The Styx) is the place to do so. You'll notice a few threads down from this one is the the you started where you were concerned about the use of coarse language that was moved here from All Saints. Feel free to respond to some of the replies on there.

Spike
SoF Admin

[ 02. September 2013, 13:35: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

quote:
Originally posted by Anglo Catholic Relict:
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:

What threat of legal action? There is no threat.

I am not taking legal action against anyone, any time. The church is afraid of me because it thinks I will, but I won't. I am a Catholic. Catholics do not sue their own mothers.

[Frown]

Logging out. Not coming back.

As others have said, you've done nothing wrong but unfortunately the thread got derailed. I hope you've noticed that Tubbs has started a new thread in All Saints on the same subject. I hope you'll be able to contribute to it.

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anglo Catholic Relict - I started this thread which led to you getting hurt. That wasn't my intention, and I very much hope you will find your way back to these boards.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
would love to belong
Shipmate
# 16747

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
Anglo Catholic Relict - I started this thread which led to you getting hurt. That wasn't my intention, and I very much hope you will find your way back to these boards.

I hope so too. I have to accept 100% responsibility for ACR getting hurt and hope she finds her way back quickly.
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I disagree, there was always the option to come here and ask for an explanation and engage in a dialogue - rather than post and leave. That is a choice - not an imposition by you, or anybody else.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
would love to belong
Shipmate
# 16747

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
I disagree, there was always the option to come here and ask for an explanation and engage in a dialogue - rather than post and leave. That is a choice - not an imposition by you, or anybody else.

Whatever. ACR was hurt and it was me that derailed the thread and led to it being pulled. So the responsibility is firmly on me and I am sorry. Just hoping that ACR will return quickly. As noted above, there is a new thread on which the topic of discussion on the pulled thread can continue.
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have received two very kind messages, and have come here to make one thing clear. Nobody here is responsible for me leaving.

I have gone because I am already hurt, already broken, and clearly not resilient enough to cope with being here. It is not a safe enough place for me to be.

Nobody here is responsible for any of that. Nobody has to feel bad, or think that they said anything or did anything to hurt me. I was already hurt, long before coming here.

I wish you all well.

[Votive]

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Go well, ACR [Votive]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ACR [Votive]

May you find all that you need, with safe support.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016