homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Good candy that is not chocolate. (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Good candy that is not chocolate.
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a child who does not like chocolate, but does like sweets. I like to put a bit of candy in his Christmas Stocking. Anyone know of a good candy bar other then Pay Day which I usually get that contains no chocolate?
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only candy bars? I suppose Turkish delight is bar-shaped.

Personally, I would load up on black licorice. [Yipee]

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, the restriction of "candy bar" does make it tough. Also "good" is a matter of taste. Bit-o-Honey, for example, has no chocolate. But they are not quite my cup of tea.

Now here is one I never heard of before, despite it being in the "Nostalgic" category:

Abba Zaba Candy Bar.

Actually, from the description, it sounds rather good from my taste preferences.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cross pond, left coast: Sees lollipops in vanilla, butterscoth, or caramel are all sublime.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Photo Geek
Shipmate
# 9757

- Posted      Profile for Photo Geek   Email Photo Geek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saltwater taffy?? Jelly Belly Jelly beans??? Swedish Fish??? Peanut Brittle??? Try here for more ideas

--------------------
"Liberal Christian" is not an oxymoron.

Posts: 242 | From: Southern Ohio, US | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What about this?

Very sweetly satisfying, and not the merest whiff of chocolate.

BTW, is your wee friend otherwise normal? [Devil]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You can get Caramac on Amazon. And what about white chocolate? which doesn't actually taste much like chocolate, IMHO.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry, the only candy I like is chocolate.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder whether you could find nougat without chocolate. However the real stuff will not be cheap.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The closest thing to a bar I can think of would be Goetze's carmel creams and cow tales—both of which are deliciously chewy on the outside with a contrasting center, and, unless you seek out the chocolate flavored ones, good for your purpose.

I'd also second the licorice suggestion, or anise candies if you can find them. Mind you, the usual stuff that gets passed off as black licorice won't do—you'll have to go to a real honest-to-God candy store to find the stuff that drives licorice fiends like me nuts. I never could understand why anyone even claimed to like licorice until I had the Real Thing® in a bag of hard fruit candies; suddenly, I went from being like most people, who avoid the black jellybeans and candies, to picking out all the licorice before hitting the lemon drops. Be sure to try before you buy if you can, though; real licorice should be spicy and herbal, never artificial or bitter.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about fudge? Lots of different flavours, mostly without chocolate covering.

[Smile]

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Disappointed]

Chocolate is no more "candy" than the paintings of Turner are "wallpaper". Its a higher form of art altogether. If the kids won't eat it, just say thank-you and eat it yourself. (Well, unless its horrid stuff like Hershey's of course - but what father, asked for an egg, gives a stone?)

[Disappointed]

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always preferred most other sweet flavors to chocolate, although I like it, too. When I was a little girl my favorite thing was a bag of Kraft caramels. They're individually wrapped so you could put a dozen or so in her stocking. My husband,(who loves Hershey's Ken,) likes Red Vine licorice. There's really no accounting...
John D. Ward
Shipmate
# 1378

- Posted      Profile for John D. Ward   Email John D. Ward   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sparrow:
How about fudge? Lots of different flavours, mostly without chocolate covering.

[Smile]

An excellent suggestion. If you want to add the personal touch, and have a sugar thermometer available, you can make your own fudge
Posts: 208 | From: Swansea, Wales, U.K. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just remembered something else. Do people outside the American northeast ever eat pure maple sugar molded into a lump?
I loved it. [Hot and Hormonal]

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nobody seems to have mentioned Werther's Originals yet - do they exist in the US? I think all the others I can think of are UK-only. Surely Jolly Rancher must make some special Christmas editions you can get?

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Jade Constable: Nobody seems to have mentioned Werther's Originals yet
Ah yes, for those I make an exception.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
HCH
Shipmate
# 14313

- Posted      Profile for HCH   Email HCH   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suggest "Bit O' Honey" and various Nature Valley granola bars. Have you tried rock candy? (Don't try to chew it!) You might like Golightly Fruit Chews.
Posts: 1540 | From: Illinois, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Surely Christmas stockings were invented for holding sugar mice?
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HCH:
various Nature Valley granola bars.

Even I would not torture a child because they do not like chocolate.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yellowman. Or tablet. Should get rid of any teeth he's acquired up to now.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Candy canes?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks all, I had forgotten about ABA ZABA. The reason I wanted a bar is because everyone else has a bar in their stocking.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe small pieces of blond fudge--maple walnut, pecan praline, penuche?

Drugstores here sometimes have them up by the registers. Or you can go to a candy store. Or make some.

Or you could get some from the Brigittine fudge monks! [Smile] They have great pecan praline fudge. (Along with choc fudge and truffles.) Cool story: the men's Brigittine order had been extinct for hundreds of years--and they brought it back.

Health/natural food stores also have alternative candy bars. They might be a little more expensive, depending on the store and item, but I've had good ones.

YMMV.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
I just remembered something else. Do people outside the American northeast ever eat pure maple sugar molded into a lump?
I loved it. [Hot and Hormonal]

[Tear] When I met jlg in Colorado, I mentioned how I'd always wanted to try pure maple candy sometime. After we had all scattered to the winds, I was surprised and delighted to receive a small package of maple candies and a bottle of maple syrup from jlg in New England. Bless her kind soul. [Votive]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Crystallised Ginger is pure heaven if he is old enough to appreciate it.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maple sugar candy is one of the few non-chocolate candies worth eating. But brittles (I prefer cashew or pecan, but peanut can be acceptable) are one other, if done well.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My chocolate (and a whole lot more) allergic offspring likes:
  • sesame bars,
  • peanut brittle (she's allergic to cashews and a lot of other nuts),
  • marzipan bars (but finding them without chocolate is a challenge),
  • nougat, which I can find without other nuts and chocolate,
  • licorice, but that's interesting to find without wheat flour

I have to see if there are marzipan snowmen on sale today for her stocking.

[ 07. December 2013, 07:32: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not really into sweets, but would second fudge as you can get bars of that. Liquorice is something you either love or hate (not sure I've ever seen that in bars, though), but there's always toffee or mint cake.

I always assumed Werther's Originals were medicinal, from the name.

For a change from the ordinary a box of baklava can be lovely, the pastries are delicious and very sticky, though you really get an intense blast of sugar syrup (or, in the better ones, honey). I find the smaller ones are easier to manage.

Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep reading the thread title over and over but I just can't make it make sense to me ...

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Licorice Bars

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know its not a bar, but a large bag of jelly babies. For more adult tastes salted rather than sweet liquorice.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jelly fruit slices are delicious, and usually available anywhere bulk candy is sold. I love the mint ones, and watermelon, and lemon..... and the crunchy sugar edges.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Graven Image

Not sure what the situation is in the USA/Canada with so-called "kids" chocolate these days. In the UK they're expected to eat our so-called milk chocolate which contains very little cocoa solid and is very sweet.

So, before writing off all chocolate, have you tried the offspring on dark, bitter chocolate with 70% cocoa solids or higher? My own children detested the usual fare here (purple wrappers and all) but would fall on my own rare treats of luxurious dark chocolate.

It may be worth a go.

Failing that, try them with Turkish Delight.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I should not, I really should not but Safari Fruit Dainties are a real treat. They are not as dry as fruit rolls and not so over the top as glace or what passes as jellied fruit here. If you want a bar then there are fruit stix which seem to be the same thing but in a stick form.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
I'm not really into sweets, but would second fudge as you can get bars of that. Liquorice is something you either love or hate (not sure I've ever seen that in bars, though), but there's always toffee or mint cake.

I always assumed Werther's Originals were medicinal, from the name.

For a change from the ordinary a box of baklava can be lovely, the pastries are delicious and very sticky, though you really get an intense blast of sugar syrup (or, in the better ones, honey). I find the smaller ones are easier to manage.

Werther's Originals are little hard butterscotch candies, not medicinal at all.

Baklava is a lovely treat, and sweet sticky pastry with nuts is surely kid-friendly assuming there are no allergies. A nice candied fruit selection (including sugar plums perhaps) is also good.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
A nice candied fruit selection (including sugar plums perhaps) is also good.

[Eek!]

No, no, no-- we LIKE this kid!

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chick-o-sticks?? Boy, do I love toasted coconut and peanut butter! Kind of hard on one's teeth, though. Probably a snap for a kid... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller:
quote:

[Eek!]

I do mean the good stuff - like this .

--------------------

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

quote:
quote:
quote:

[Eek!]

I do mean the good stuff - like this .
Agh! My eyes! My eyes!
[brick wall] trying to beat out of my brain childhood memories of eating this stuff. Even as a sweet-obsessed child I couldn't stand the stuff. Actually have never met anyone who could.

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Cross pond, left coast: Sees lollipops in vanilla, butterscoth, or caramel are all sublime.

Oh. My. God. You are sooooo right! I remember shopping at a Sees candy store in Seattle and getting those butterscotch and vanilla lollipops... mmmmmmmmmm! The East Coast doesn't get to enjoy the deliciousness of Sees, except for some malls during Christmastime! [Big Grin]

--------------------

The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

cliffdweller: Have you ever had the abomination known as ribbon candy? Bleahhhh! Usually really, really, old and feeble people like these because they had them during the Depression or something... I think the exact same candies were dusted off and presented as new... that and those hard candies that are filled with ancient, powdery peanut butter--same thing... appeals to fossils and children who don't know any better! [Killing me]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about a Gobstopper?
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trudy Scrumptious:
I keep reading the thread title over and over but I just can't make it make sense to me ...

I know, I know. Poor, misguided dears.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like chocolate, me. I cannot eat Abba Zabbas. They ruin my teeth as do caramels.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coconut ice? Though I don't think it's produced commercially, so you'd need to make it- you can google a recipe.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why buy marzipan shapes when you can make them yourself?!

I was going to suggest tablet but I see Firenze has beaten me to it. Though if you are in the USA you will probably have to make it yourself. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find, even in Scotland; even on the ROYAL MILE all the tourist shops sell fudge, for goodness' sake.

This will come as a shock to everyone, but I have a girl who does not like sweets (though she is moderately fond of chocolate). Yesterday at the ceilidh club's Christmas party she ate one chocolate Santa, then gave the other one away to Daddy and stuffed herself with tangerines instead (she loves fruit).

Unnatural child...

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

- Posted      Profile for Fineline   Email Fineline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I find most kids love Haribo candy - Star Mix, Tangfastics, etc.
Posts: 2375 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine doesn't. Nor does anyone else in the family.
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

- Posted      Profile for Fineline   Email Fineline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's why I said 'most', not 'all'. Of course not all kids love it, just like not all kids love chocolate.
Posts: 2375 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016