Thread: Private Messages - what's the limit? Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=027590

Posted by Oscar the Grouch (# 1916) on :

Hi.

I can't see where this has been discussed before, so forgive me if I am bringing up an old and stale question....

I know that there is a thread in All Saints about PM Boxes being full. But how do I know (prior to such warnings) that my PM box is reaching its limits? Is there a definite number of PMs that a person can have? Or does it also depend upon the length of such PMs?

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

60 PMs in total, inbox + outbox - in whatever proportion.

Thanks.

I'm Ok for a while, then....

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

As it says on the page listing all your PMs
quote:
You can store a maximum of 60 private messages. Once you hit that limit, no one will be able to send you a private message. So... be ruthless! Delete those old messages!

Posted by Eutychus (# 3081) on :

Ah, but the art is in hanging on to some ripe old ones. I have a couple dating back to 2003.

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

Aye, I've some from 2003 too.

Posted by Stoo (# 254) on :

Is this a competition? My oldest is November 2001...

(don't start this in this Styx, Stoo.)

Posted by RooK (# 1852) on :

Bloody luddites.

Copy your treasured PMs to a more voluminous format. Of all the online services to save anything on, I do not recommend The Ship's current board software as a paragon of stable longevity. Also, it avoids the embarrassment of having to be poked publicly to make room.

Posted by Robert Armin (# 182) on :

October 2001. From Erin. And you wonder why I keep it?

Posted by Ye Olde Motherboarde (# 54) on :

Robert Armin. Ditto on Erin PM's

Posted by RooK (# 1852) on :

...and if you keep those ego-salve precious PM's exclusively on the Ship software, you're being an idiot.

I can see that all this thread is going to be is some more people attempting to impress other random strangers on the internet with how bloody-minded we are and how much we dwell in the past. In the fucking Styx.

No wonder Erin grew to loathe us all.

Hey! I am proud to say I DON'T have an Erin PM!

(Indeed, I can't actually remember ever receiving one from her. I tended to keep my head down when she was around....)

© Ship of Fools 2016