homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: A Christian Girl's Modesty (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: A Christian Girl's Modesty
Cosmo
Shipmate
# 117

- Posted      Profile for Cosmo         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And you say that you will probably go to Westcott House rather than Staggers or Mirfield you little bi-curious you? Hmmm....

Today I came across (as it were) a prime example of the 'Clapham Cutie'. A CC is usually single, with brown hair which she likes to keep quite short (but not so short that she is mistaken for one of the numerous Clapham Lipstick Lesbians). She wears good, trad, slightly girly clothes to work (usually in some kind of PR capacity or perhaps as an estate agent) bought from Jigsaw, Mango and Zara. Lots of skirts and shirts from Thomas Pink. Trousers on Fridays and when winter begins. At weekends she wears Monsoon or Gap if going out to the country for a walk or a house-party. Otherwise she has a secret stash of M&S and H&M which she wears about the flat. She has no religion. Some of her old schoolfriends go to HTB or St Mark's Battersea but she finds all that arm waving and guitar playing too embarassing. She likes High Church stuff when she goes at Christmas and Easter (especially the music and the incense) and finds the priest really funny but she was told by a friend that all the men there are gay and if there is one thing the Clapham Cutie wants it is a man (she already has a plethora of gay male friends) so she stays away. Eventually she will marry and end up in Wandsworth or perhaps move out to the suburbs and end up wearing a mixture of Country Casuals and Gap. She would love to be a ladette or experiance a secret lesbian fling but can't.

Cosmo

Edward Green
Review Editor
# 46

- Posted      Profile for Edward Green   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
And you say that you will probably go to Westcott House rather than Staggers or Mirfield you little bi-curious you? Hmmm....
Cosmo

Alas my wife being of a less elated churchmanship than myself would not enjoy (could not endure?) such things. Given a choice I would dispear to Mirfield never to return but my monastic tendacies are thwarted by being married to a wonderful woman who keeps me in line. It's why Anglicans don't need a Pope; our clergy have spouses.

--------------------
blog//twitter//
linkedin

Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
[QB] She wears good, trad, slightly girly clothes to work (usually in some kind of PR capacity or perhaps as an estate agent) bought from Jigsaw, Mango and Zara.[QB]

I do believe the good Father has been reading rather too extensively in the glossy bits of the Sunday Times.

But adding these Clapham observations to the Essex ones (above) I believe our Fr Cosmo has a second career in somcial commentary or personal shopping.

HT [why am I frightened that several of my friends fit quite neatly the "CC" description? They all have their man, tho, and have moved to cheeky little flats in Putney]

Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016