homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Argh!! My apartment smells like a urinal cake! (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Argh!! My apartment smells like a urinal cake!
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carmel:
And unlike children, you can't put your cat into nappies, and it doesn't grow out of it, and it won't eventually listen to reason.

Ah, but also unlike children, when you have been sufficiently amused by it, you can dump it out the door without the Social Services coming round.

--------------------------------------------

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
a the goth....when my daughter was 3 she put one of those springy type clothes pin on the end of the cat's tail and it ran into the woods. it reappeared a week or so later with 2 inches less tail.

and corgigreta...try auto racing for short lines for women...watching long lines of men waiting for the bathroom after consuming enormous quantities of cheap beer is almost as much fun as watching cars go around and around and around and around.

carmel...you forgot muddy pawprints all over the cars and the whiners.

Posts: 1236 | From: usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One can hardly believe they are typing about this...

babybear, the urinals in the UK and Europe seem to be the more "individual" ones where you get your own basin. (As an aside, the ones in Sweden are placed quite high up; even I at about 1.8m just made it!) They have small "cakes", 5 or so cm. The bottom has slits rather than an open tube.

Most in Oz and in Canada I have used are giant metallic things which span metres. These are where you'd get the bigger cakes. I still remember the expression of a girl at school who entered the men's bathroom on a dare: "Oh my god! There's a huge metal thing along the wall!!!"

Increasingly they seem to be being replaced with "intelligent" urinals that flush detergent or something with the water. One particularly "intelligent" urinal I used in San Francisco proudly announced it did not use water or anything, but rather had some form of liquid in the drain that broke down the waste for maximum water-saving efficiency and hygiene!

Admiral H.

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course, I forgot to mention - there is also a Proper Ettiquite (click here) to using urinals.

Erin, has the situation improved at all?

Admiral H.

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CorgiGreta:
Some random thoughts:

Why are the public facilities for women always inadequate for the number of women attempting to use them? This is especially unfair because we don't have that thingie to squeeze while waiting in an interminable line.

Before Denver built its new football stadium, the lines in the women's rooms were notoriously long. Several years ago, they almost had a riot during a game when some women, tired of waiting in line, stormed one of the mens rooms, blocked the entrance door so that no more men could get in, ran the men out, and proceeded to turn it into an ad hoc extra facility.

They became known as the Urinal Nazis, and the Denver TV stations reported it as the lead story for several days running. Of course the men complained, and for subsequent games, they had to post armed Denver cops at the doors of all the men's rooms at Mile High Stadium to protect the men from cranky women with full bladders.

Similarly, when they were building Denver International Airport some years ago, there was talk of installing a patented urinal for women in all the ladies rooms. From descriptions in the press, it resembled the "Mr. Thirsty" appliance at the Dentist's office--only Larger.

Needless to say, that idea didn't work any better than United Airlines automated baggage handling system that delayed the opening of the airport by two years.

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cats AND toilets - does it get any better than this?

Strange thing about Hong Kong - full of these shining malls, dripping in designer shops, the ultimate in wealth, display, consumer heaven - and the loos are not particularly spacious or comfortable (frequently squatties) or even outstandingly clean. One thing I learnt was always carry bundles of tissues - oh, that and the Cantonese for 'Where is the toilet?'

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

- Posted      Profile for Newman's Own     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cat lover that I am, I just spent a little time consoling a friend, who never before had a cat, because he found that, though his flat did not have the 'sewage' stench, he has just discovered that said cat has a secret latrine under the stairs. (R. didn't even know that cats can easily make themselves invisible, and pee in that state.)

I never should have had carpeting, but my combination bedroom/office always was difficult to keep warm, so my dad put down some carpeting for me some years ago. Leonora, my cat, has been angry with me recently because I have been spending time at the computer rather than doing better things (such as stroking her) and has used the area under the desk for her own private latrine.

I have tried everything, and the damn pee is soaked through. (She also did worse than pee...) I'm getting ready to cut out that part of the carpet, awful though it would look to have just a spot of bare floor...

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth
“History as Revelation is seldom very revealing, and histories of holiness are full of holes.” - Dermot Quinn

Posts: 6740 | From: Library or pub | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Before you do that, have you tired Sodium Bicarb? I don't know if it would be enough to remove the smell, but it might be worth a try.

Sprinkle the Sodium bicarb on the carpet and leave for two days, then hoover. You could also try having bowls of the stuff around the area. Also orange peel is said be avoided by cats.

The sodium bicarb is very good for 'spillage' from children too!

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
One thing I learnt was always carry bundles of tissues - oh, that and the Cantonese for 'Where is the toilet?'

But could you understand the answer?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
Before you do that, have you tired Sodium Bicarb? I don't know if it would be enough to remove the smell, but it might be worth a try.

I used to use white vinegar to clean up after my dog. Vinegar is acidic, and urine is alkaline. The vinegar counteracts the urine.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All for cause of cross-cultural understanding.

bb -- lifesavers are the same shape as Polo Mints. However, I (unlike Greta) have never seen a urinal cake in that shape. One wonders from where Greta gained this knowledge?

Urinal cakes are generally cylindrical cakes of waxy substance in shocking yellow, pink or blue. Occasionally they are rather small and one might find several per urinal. generally they are 3 or so inches across and one would expect one per.

Urinals in this country are generally individual, and either extend to the floor or else hang on the wall like an unattractive post-modern garden fountain. The "cake" sits in the bottom, or basin, where there may or may not be water, but genrally is urine from the previous user.

In England you may find the same sort of urinals, or you may find the stainless steel models that the Admiral describes. These look like some sort of trough for feeding animals, and generally drain to one central pipe, which means if several people are using one there is a sort of stream of... well, you know what, running down the length of it. You will generally find the stainless steel model in country pubs of a certain vintage, night clubs, and sometimes old cinemas.

A note on pronunciation. In American English "urinal" is pronounced with the accent on the first sylable, and the "i" is short, as in "virginal". In proper English, the accent is on the second syllable, which is also a long "i", hence "ur-EYE-nal".

Aren't you glad you asked?

Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This seems an appropriate place to post about...

Didactic Urinals

Am I the only one who finds little messages (usually along the lines of "Don't Do Drugs") on the mat on which the urine cake rests to be just kind of weird? Do they have moralistic messages in Brit urinals or is this an American thing only?

From this

(Ferndale, MI -- December 11, 2000) Men visiting the restroom at area bars and restaurants can look down for a safe sex message courtesy of the Midwest AIDS Prevention Project (MAPP). The non-profit HIV education organization has distributed thousands of urinal mats printed with the message, “Man’s Other Best Friend. Play Safe. Use a Condom.”

The mats were distributed free to dozens of bars and restaurants in Michigan as part of a project funded by the Michigan Department of Community Health.

And here is a photo of a (CLEAN) Didactic Urinal.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seems a bit odd, CM: the temptation would be to say, "I piss on your didactic urinal mat! I piss on your 'say no to drugs!'"

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

ChastMastr, a cinema complex in Dublin - Savoy or UCG: maybe both! - has entire movie scenes printed on posters above the urinals. I always wonder should I stay there longer to read the entire thing or go!

HT, a very good explanation. Does anyone else have the irrational fear when you stand on the metal over the trough that it might collapse and your shoes will splash in the ... ?

Admiral H.

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is a somewhat hostly question. Mind you, I'm not putting my host hat on or anything official like that, but would anybody like to speculate on the fascination with this/these topics?

I find this thread absolutely amazing, and upon reflection, am embarassed by my contributions to it.

Somebody? Anybody?

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is so good to be able to ask these questions and get a straight answer! I have even looked at some pictures on the net.

But all this leads me to conclude that I prefer the arrangements for women, but wish there were more of them.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

tomb,

Perhaps it's the fascination with that which cannot be said in polite society...a chance to talk about what we have never talked about before.

I too am a bit shocked reading what I have written and imagining friends reading it.

Admiral H.

Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

- Posted      Profile for Newman's Own     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My refined and dignified self wonders how I am bearing to even read all of this toilet talk. However, my innocence makes me hazard a question.... wouldn't time at a urinal be one when it would be most self-defeating to wear a condom? (I must admit I winced at how grotesque that Michigan report was.)

Just this once, I shall descend to join in toilet talk. Once, I put on my best clothes and walked through Harrods... one outfit there, of course, would cost enough to clothe me for a year, but I thought it would be fun. The charade did not work. No sales assistant mistook me for a true customer. I drowned my sorrows by paying a pound for the privilege of peeing... such extravagance.

Of course, with the possible exception of Germans, the English are indeed the most likely on earth to find toilet speech acceptable. One dear friend of mine, who is a priest, often leaves a conversation before the main Eucharist, un-self-consciously saying he has to go to the loo. Once, he replaced that usual line with referring to this as "taking a seat at the throne of mercy." I'll never be able to hear certain passages from the Scriptures again without thinking of that...

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth
“History as Revelation is seldom very revealing, and histories of holiness are full of holes.” - Dermot Quinn

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

Erin

What is your apartment like now?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

babybear
# 34

quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
I find this thread absolutely amazing, and upon reflection, am embarassed by my contributions to it.

Oh please don't be! And that goes for the Admiral as well.

For a lot of women this is knowledge that could not have been gotten from other sources. Thank you to all the men who have explained things. You have done so in a clear and unembarassing way.

I believe that India is even more interested in bowel movements than any other nation. But that information was from the "Goodness Gracious me" team, and they might just have been pulling our legs.

bb

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
Erin

What is your apartment like now?

Moo

Still smells like industrial strength disinfectant, but at least it's dispersed enough that I don't feel it permeating my skin. I'm still tempted to cook a dozen heads of garlic just to counter the hospital-like atmosphere.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Newman's Own:
Just this once, I shall descend to join in toilet talk. Once, I put on my best clothes and walked through Harrods... I drowned my sorrows by paying a pound for the privilege of peeing... such extravagance.

If you go upstairs, it's free. They only charge on the ground floor, because so many people come in, never buy anything, use the loo and leave.

Or so I'm told.

Better still, go somewhere else.

Reepicheep
BANNED
# 60

- Posted      Profile for Reepicheep         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin - try cutting an onion in half - it ought to absorb the smell, without making the place reek of onion. I've used it for rooms where I've been painting and cleaning, and it's worked.

Angel

Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heat up some cinnamon in a pan on the stove. That will work better than the garlic.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

I would recommend cutting a few lemons into small pieces, putting them in a pan of water, and boiling them for a while.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Move out.
Hooker's Trick

# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kill the cats.
Benedictus
Shipmate
# 1215

- Posted      Profile for Benedictus   Email Benedictus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And if you combine all these remedies, except maybe move out, what you will get is boiling the cats on the stove, with lemon, garlic, and onion. Perhaps you should try it with chicken.

Savannah is about a 6 hour drive for me. Could be arranged.

--------------------
Resentment: Me drinking poison and expecting them to die

Posts: 1378 | From: Hertfordshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
put the garlic, onion, cinnamon, lemon and cats in a pan and simmer 4 hours...serve it to your landlord.
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would you like a pound of our industrial strength anglocatholic guaranteed to overcome all earthly odors solemn high incense?

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
getting back to tombs question...

i don't see anything wrong with the discussion of urinals. in fact, the reason why i didn't ask any questions myself was because i already had almost this identical conversation on another discussion board, a few years ago. i think many women are curious about this sort of thing, but would never ask face-to-face, so an internet discussion like this with people we feel comfortable with, yet not in person, serves a valuble function.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am not sure if I should be alarmed at the fact that two people nearly simultaneously suggested that I boil my cats.

I'll bet both of you rate Fatal Attraction as one of your favorite movies ever...

--------------------

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf

Ship's curiosity
# 1283

- Posted      Profile for Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Email Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carmel:
If you go upstairs, it's free. They only charge on the ground floor, because so many people come in, never buy anything, use the loo and leave.

Or so I'm told.

Better still, go somewhere else.

Like Harvey Nicks just 'round the corner where the loos are free and come complete with attendent and lots of free perfume and handcream (an added bonus for an excema sufferer). They're located on the scarily posh ladies designer clothes floor, but I've wandered through there at my scruffiest and no-one gives a damn - just look arrogant like you own the place and they think you're a Slone gel, and no-one can tell the difference between designer and high-street store jeans anyway...

--------------------
"There is a divine discontent which has always helped to better things."

Posts: 1123 | From: Floating in the blue | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

well, i've never seen fatal attraction (the one with michael douglas?)... but my sister once put dogfood in her husband's bowl of beefstew when she was mad at him...he still doesn't know, everyone else does, though...and that's the truth, joan, about just look arrogant...i used to sashay through bonwit teller and those sales clerks were all over me like pigs on, well, you know.
Hooker's Trick

# 89

quote:
Originally posted by Benedictus:
what you will get is boiling the cats on the stove, with lemon, garlic, and onion. Perhaps you should try it with chicken.

I believe in parts of Virginia this is known as Brunswick stew.

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Just throw in some corn on the cob and a few squirrels and you'll be set.

--------------------

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

- Posted      Profile for Corpus cani     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
>dogs like to shove their noses in your crotch).<

Yup, the old "snout in the crotch" lark is the best thing about owning a dog and one of the few real pleasures left in life.

--------------------
Bishop Lord Corpus Cani the Tremulous of Buzzing St Helens.

Posts: 4435 | From: Trumpton | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

Brunswick stew is made with tomatoes, corn, onions, lima beans, potatoes and chicken or squirrel.

It does not contain lemon or garlic.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------

CorgiGreta
Shipmate
# 443

- Posted      Profile for CorgiGreta         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Originally posted by Benedictus:
what you will get is boiling the cats on the stove, with lemon, garlic, and onion.

For the piece de resistence, pour stew over urine cakes and serve warm.

Greta

CorgiGreta
Shipmate
# 443

- Posted      Profile for CorgiGreta         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trashy as this thread is, I must remember to proofread.

Greta

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, now we have achieved bulletin board nirvana!

All you need is to fry the onions in butter and cinnamon to perfume the air and kill odors.

Boiling the cats would create an additional bad smell.

The reason that women don't have sufficient bathroom facilities is because architectural standards are designed by men, and they think that equal floor space means equal facilities, and it has never occurred to them (even after numerous women have pointed it out) that you can fit more urinals in a given space than you can fit toilet stalls, and that it takes less time to unzip and piss than it does to undo the layers of formal women's wear (including panty hose), not to mention getting it all back in order.
Not to mention that women have other reasons to use the toilet stalls. Not to mention that I have read articles about this problem in architectural publications. The guys still don't get it.

Bottom line -- public restrooms are designed by men and they are TOTALLY CLUELESS.

(I and my sister have both worked in architectural design offices, and I worked as an engineer on construction sites. I'm talking from experience here. Don't get me started on kitchens in residential projects!)

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Boiling the cats would also create a very obnoxious noise and severe damage to your body.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
CorgiGreta
Shipmate
# 443

We have the first recipe for the "Cookbook From Hell":

Chat Brunswick Avec Les Gateaux Des Pissoirs.

Greta

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by Joan the Dwarf:
Like Harvey Nicks just 'round the corner where the loos are free and come complete with attendent and lots of free perfume and handcream (an added bonus for an excema sufferer).

If you can handle these, you're lucky. The penalty for my touching anything like this is
a week of skin like fire, and people avoiding you in the street.

And jlg is absolutely right, both about the space given to facilities and also to kitchens. I am fed up with encountering kitchens that are clearly designed for a midget with extremely long arms and a telescopic neck.

Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
Bottom line -- public restrooms are designed by men and they are TOTALLY CLUELESS.

they can't ALL be designed by men...

the 'wash-basin' in the mens' loos at the student union here in manchester looks like a huge circular metalic urinal. many drunk students (and some not so drunk) have made the mistake of peeing in it. any man would've known that that's a really daft shaped wash-basin for a male toilet. hell, i almost made the mistake of going in it when they built it.

oh, and "bottom line"... was that supposed to be a really bad pun?

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

Mmmmmm, do I love free perfume and hand cream, Joan! And restaurant loos where they have Molton Brown products in the ladies' - my favourite.

Glad you reminded me about Harrods, Carmel (not that I'd ever be able to really shop there, but it's a nice place to stroll on days when I'm indulging my addiction to the V&A). But I must say that, in my frugal life, it is nice to know I blew an entire pound just for a high class piss!

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth

The Mid

Officer and a gentleman
# 1559

- Posted      Profile for The Mid   Email The Mid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Newman's Own:
it is nice to know I blew an entire pound just for a high class piss!

What do you mean? Does it cost money to enter the shop, or to use the toilet?

--------------------
For God so loved the world She got involved

Posts: 3022 | From: The Wardroom | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some of the stories from the toilets in our work building are quite stomach turning. Bearing in mind this is a professional organisation, where apparently people are still not properly toilet trained.

I have no idea whether the stories relate to male or female toilets though. I might have a guess.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I won't be letting Mr M anywhere near this thread, else we'll never get that cat.

Erin...I thought that 'urinal cake' referred to soap!

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Miffy, for your information, a urinal cake is just a novelty cake like any other, except that it is baked in the shape of a urinal and iced accordingly in white and silver.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016