homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Argh!! My apartment smells like a urinal cake! (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Argh!! My apartment smells like a urinal cake!
Mrs de Point
Shipmate
# 1430

- Posted      Profile for Mrs de Point   Author's homepage   Email Mrs de Point   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow a man changing the toilet roll

--------------------
Beware I am not in control of my hormones..... or my mind

Posts: 602 | From: Across the road from Calvin | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hostie:
What do fathers of small children do, then?

The simple solution is not to have mens' toilets and ladies' toilets. But simply to have toilets! Each room should have a toilet and a sink. One (at least) should be fitted out to make it suitable for a person with limited mobility, or a wheelchair user. It takes quite a bit of space to provide a wheelchair-friendly toilet space, but a babychanging table can be affixed to the wall (a fold-down thingy) and so increase the use of that toilet. It also is good cos there is plenty of space for a parent/carer and child to 'go'.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am another who never thinks about which way the toilet paper roll is mounted. I find that the cat and the toddler have no difficulty in unrolling the whole thing in a twinkling of an eye, no matter which way it goes.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What do fathers of small children do then?

Well I remember the time when the Offspring was eleven months old and we were returning from a winter vacation in Mexico.

A blizzard in Denver forced the plane to land in Houston where we waited for the weather to clear.

My wife and her parents went to explore the airport, leaving me with the baby.

Then the Worst happened to him; everything they tell you about the bad things that can happen to your colon in Mexico came true right there in the departure lounge.

We proceeded to the men's room, where I discovered that there were no facilities for changing babies. There weren't even counters around the sinks.

I ended up changing him on the floor in front of one of the toilets. I took grim pleasure in the businessmen who would venture into the area of the stalls, take one look at the Disaster, gag, then back out quickly.

I'm happy to say that things are better now; most public men's rooms have those baby changing shelves.

Not that I ever expect to need one again. If and when the Offspring reproduces himself (please, God, let it be many years hence), this is one grandpa who has no intention of helping with the changing chores. My baby-butt-wiping days are over.

tomb

[ 14 December 2001: Message edited by: tomb ]

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
tomb--your butt-wiping days are over? Oh, say it ain't so.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lioba
Shipmate
# 42

- Posted      Profile for Lioba   Email Lioba   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
The simple solution is not to have mens' toilets and ladies' toilets. But simply to have toilets!
bb

I'd agree only if men could be forced by some mechanism not to stand but to sit down. For a couple of month our school had shared facilities due to rebuilding - and that's a time me and my female collegues still remember with horror!

Otherwise I fully agree with you.

Abo

--------------------
Conversion is a life-long process.

Posts: 502 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another way to slow down the depradations of said toddler/cat is to squash the toilet roll after you've hung it up.

With two creases in the inner, it doesn't roll easily - so you know it's deliberate.

Unfortunateley, this means the inner can't be used by the toddler for creative play afterwards.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amos:
tomb--your butt-wiping days are over? Oh, say it ain't so.

Notice how quickly I edited that particular bon mot, Amos.

T

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abo:
I'd agree only if men could be forced by some mechanism not to stand but to sit down. For a couple of month our school had shared facilities due to rebuilding - and that's a time me and my female collegues still remember with horror!

Otherwise I fully agree with you.

Abo

Memories of sharing a bathroom with my younger brothers came, well, flooding back. It got so bad for a while that my mother finally agreed that I didn't have to clean any part of that bathroom until their aim got better.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One of my brothers was diabetic; not just the normal results of bad aim, but the urine splashes on the seat dried into a sticky, sugary residue.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my God. I just spent 20 minutes reading this entire thread.

I was going to post something about the brilliant new perspective I have gained on toilets from waking up with nausea every night (at 12+ weeks pregnant), but now I am feeling too queasy to do so and, if you all don't mind, will have to excuse myself for a moment...

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow! I had a brainwave while on the loo last night and meant to post it, but Ann beat me to it! Squashing the toilet roll. Yer!

Also, because I/demonspawn poster child have found a new toy, here is an electronic card with a lavatorial bent.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coot, that is *truly* a disgusting e-card. It is so bad that I think a Hell-host should consider closing this thread so that it can end on such an appropriate note. (And I imagine Erin would heave a sigh of relief to see it go off to Archive-land.)

Then again, it's amazing to see how truly infinite are the possibilities of this topic; no one can say that it has gotten repetitive!

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abo:
I'd agree only if men could be forced by some mechanism not to stand but to sit down.

Abo

I . don't . think . so !

I remember a few years ago reading that somewhere in Scandinavia (Sweden?) they passed a law requiring men to sit. I don't think that law got very far. Afer all, how are you going to enforce it?

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I tried the empty roll over the new roll idea but alas my rolls are too big for it to fit. Do they make decorative holders for just a hand-held setup?

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Help me friends! I've found another one.
The Farting Elves

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh coot, we are reaching new lows....(p.s. i just spotted a cat's head silhouetted on the curtain and when i looked outside, it sure enough was Murphy resting in the window box in the sun. home for the holidays!)
Posts: 1236 | From: usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf

Ship's curiosity
# 1283

- Posted      Profile for Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Email Joan the Outlaw-Dwarf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh blackbird, that's such good news! Give M. a hug from me too...

--------------------
"There is a divine discontent which has always helped to better things."

Posts: 1123 | From: Floating in the blue | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh! On the subject of urinal cakes - look what I found at The Onion

Gross, but enlightening!

Louise

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so glad Murphy is back home. Sometimes you have to run away to realize how good your home is.

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
thanks for being happy for us...M's still not saying a word about where he's been the last month...to keep this on thread, we've set up a litter box and will keep him inside(for now). there have to be loads of litter box stories out there...not least the one's i have about my boston terrier confusing it with his food dish.
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had to keep my cats inside for a month or so, and put their litter tray in the bathroom. That was fine for the number ones, but they insisted that the bathtub was the place for number 2s. OK, so litter tray(s) go in bathtub. Cats still insist that number 2s are REALLY better done in the bathtub. Grrrr.

I am hoping that a month's break will have short circuited the routine...

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

Better they use the bathtub than the bathmat (or the living room rug or your bedspread or the clothes basket...)
JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief

Ship's pirate
# 2049

- Posted      Profile for JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of Farting Elves and Toilets... I love it.

Ann said Unfortunateley, this means the inner can't be used by the toddler for creative play afterwards.
Ann

Directive from Department of Health. B4 allowing toddlers creative play with toilet rolls please microwave for 1 minute to kill off germs.

--------------------
Written from my alternative universe.

Posts: 1101 | From: East Anglia in the UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're down to our last roll of M and S "festive" loo paper; snowman and polar bear pelting some poor, defenceless penguin with snowballs. Mr M is reserving the football trivia paper (my pressie) for his personal use.

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JoyfulNoise and his Parrot, O'Kief:
Directive from Department of Health. B4 allowing toddlers creative play with toilet rolls please microwave for 1 minute to kill off germs.

But ... you can't fit a toddler in the microwave!

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We've had lots of people in and out (and eating) over Christmas and New Year; inevitably, many have used our loo. Have you noticed how everyone's stink after they've used the loo is distincly different?

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

daisymay...you'd get along great with my dogs...they love that kind of stuff.

louise...just found the bin laden urinal cakes page....priceless.

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Daisy May,

You are far too observant!

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016