homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Ship meet for prime numbered members (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Ship meet for prime numbered members
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay... here is a picture and a recipe (though I make buttermilk biscuits). The picture isn't that great, but I think you can get the gist of it from this.

And Steve... for you, a huge pot of chili. I made some for a party we were having at work one night, and the Texas doctor who was there said it was the best chili he'd ever tasted.

I have my faults, but I can cook.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
andy d
Shipmate
# 452

- Posted      Profile for andy d   Email andy d   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by clare:
yes, and on a different thread if you please! dear me, andy, so obviously a two divisible it's risible. don't think you can sneak on in just because you've got a cool band to quote on your sig.

clare

(2 to the power of anything) minus one is not divisible by two. Try it with some smaller numbers.

The prime quoted is, rather boringly, the largest number proven to be prime. Larger ones exist (as proven by Euclid) but none larger have been found yet.

Sorry Clare, you picked my pet subject!

andy

--------------------
Let's just drive, until it gets us somewhere, even if it takes all night.
- All Star United

Posts: 159 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I feel a little embarresed, having failed most of my exams, I dont know what a prime number is....

am i one?

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A prime is a number whose only factors are itself and 1. Your Member Number is divisible by 5, so you're crashing.

My member number is 2^5, so I'm crashing even more.

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Peregrinner
Shipmate
# 409

- Posted      Profile for Peregrinner     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
By a stroke of luck I seem to be on the list of invitees to the party. I clicked on here and there I was so what can I bring?

OK, I'll handle the booze.
Boddingtons, John Smith's Extra Smooth, Caffreys, Kilkenny and Guinness for me

and a small bottle of vodka for the girls.

Does that sound reasonable?

I could lay on chinese herbal tea if you prefer and we can go healthy with carrots and celery to nibble.

Greetings fellow Prime People.

--------------------
I have always thought...

Posts: 271 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Peregrinner
Shipmate
# 409

- Posted      Profile for Peregrinner     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As this is a religious site can I ask...

Do we have a Prime Minister?

I have just checked the invitation list again and there are (to date) 114 possible attendees at the party. This should be good enough for some fun.

--------------------
I have always thought...

Maddie
Ship's cartographer
# 11

- Posted      Profile for Maddie   Author's homepage   Email Maddie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinner:

and a small bottle of vodka for the girls.

Does that sound reasonable?

Well not if that is all we're allowed to drink - no!

Maddie

Posts: 1304 | From: East of England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your loss - I won't be there. No I don't care and I don't feel in the least bit slighted. Really I don't.

I didn't want to go to teh stupid thing anyhow.

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinner:
As this is a religious site can I ask...

Do we have a Prime Minister?

Well, I am the first prime, so I think that's me by default.

--------------------

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
does anyone know why 1 isn't a prime?

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

It's considered a unit. The definition of prime is an integer greater than one that can only be divided by one and itself.

To go any further you'll need to find a math page, because that's about all I can remember.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin, would you like me to make some pecan rolls? I have a very good recipe.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
perriginer... are you our highest prime now? the positition has some honour.. though with it responsibility... ie. more booze for the girls!

we still seem to be missing some invitees...

clare

Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They have been thoroughly offended by your snobbish and exclusive nature!

I sure that I can find some message of Erin's talking about exclusive clubs, etc. wonder if I should quote it?

bb -- the product of two prime factors.

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A little aside - can you stop gate crashers in any way? I may not be in my prime [groan it was a very bad one] but I can always check in eh?
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin is Prime Minister. Great. Once again, we all have to kiss Erin's butt. And in Heaven, too -- there oughta be a law against this.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Peregrinner
Shipmate
# 409

Like all groups the highest and latest member sparks a ripple of excitement but there is always someone else just around the corner.

--------------------
I have always thought...

Peregrinner
Shipmate
# 409

OK,

Having considered this very carefully for a couple of secondsI think the girls do need a little more to drink so I will be puchasing a small bottle of Russian to go with the Vodka.

--------------------
I have always thought...

Rosario
Shipmate
# 163

- Posted      Profile for Rosario   Email Rosario   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Member #163 rushing in to join the party. (For a while I thought, for some unknown reason, I was 168 - which is definitely not prime, but hurray I am prime.)

I'm not really a party animal, but I'll try my best not to sour the proceedings!

Posts: 156 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If Erin's Prime Minister, what can I be? I do have a rather good number...

I'll bring the Pringles, by the way. Any particular flavours, guys?

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Moo, I would love the pecan roll. Anything pecan is a friend of mine. Ruth, no butt kissing in Heaven. Just quiet and tasteful worship is all I ask. babybear, exclusive clubs are only bad when I'm not part of 'em.

--------------------

Maddie
Ship's cartographer
# 11

- Posted      Profile for Maddie   Author's homepage   Email Maddie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now look Pere...(thingy)

I will hunt you down - I don't have far to go given I too live in Essex.

Get your act together with regard to us lot.

You may even get a smile

Maddie

marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin, will you be serving granfalloons, as well?

R.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Peregrinner
Shipmate
# 409

Maddie,

I love a good threat.

You have just earned yourself a bottle of gin and some tonic water to go with it.

Get me in a headlock and you might get some Martini.

I'll even throw in the Diet Pepsi.

--------------------
I have always thought...

Peregrinner
Shipmate
# 409

Wood,

As you seem to want some sort of official title for the party here are a few suggestions. Pick the one that takes your fancy and we'll make you a badge.

Prime Factor
Prime Interval
Prime L. Scream
Prime and Proper
Prime R.E. School (I think this is the one)
Prime R.E. Colour
Prime Time
Wood Primer (maybe this one is better)

Let us know and the badge will be yours.

--------------------
I have always thought...

babybear
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What is the thread doing in Heaven anyway?

You lot as having an exclusive (well trying too. ) shipmeet. But as we all know, cos we have read the guidelines for each board, that is within the realms of All Saints.

Could some kind member of the Heavenly Host please boot this out of Heaven?

(Then I'll get the Motherboard, to tell them to behave, and let everyone play. ::snigger:: )

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The sceptical Atheist
Shipmate
# 379

- Posted      Profile for The sceptical Atheist   Email The sceptical Atheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in. See even a reductionist can be indivisible!

--------------------
"Faith in God and seventy-five cents will get you a cup of coffee."
[Wayne Aiken]

Posts: 293 | From: Staffordshire | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Maddie
Ship's cartographer
# 11

Actually Babybear, Clare discussed it first and we decided given how silly it was likely to be Heaven was the most appropriate place so there!
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The sceptical Atheist:
I'm in. See even a reductionist can be indivisible!

So does that make you a prime candidate for conversion?

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
# 34

Pooh, I forgot that Maddie was a prime.

Wonder if the Motherboard is a prime..... What about Belly-thingy, is he one too?

It's a conspiricy I tell you!

bb

Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're not telling you.

You're divisible by 5, see, you can't be in our club.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
The sceptical Atheist
Shipmate
# 379

- Posted      Profile for The sceptical Atheist   Email The sceptical Atheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So does that make you a prime candidate for conversion?

You would have to show that there needs to be a prime cause

--------------------
[Wayne Aiken]

Peregrinner
Shipmate
# 409

I think each of us should adopt one of the little coloured children down there on the left. We can name them as they will be our own babies.

I would like to adopt

I think I will call him Primate (Prime Hate)

Daddy, have you got a throat lozenge?

--------------------
I have always thought...

The sceptical Atheist
Shipmate
# 379

Peregrinner, 69 is divisible by three, so you must ask nicely not just take the children.

--------------------
[Wayne Aiken]

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016