homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Reality Internet presents "SMILIE SISTER" (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Reality Internet presents "SMILIE SISTER"
Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
my vote goes to ... he's clearly been the star of the show!!!

btw... can i get an autograph...?

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've decided to vote for .

I'd rather know in real life, but as Phil R. mentioned, did fufill the final-round requirements better.

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyra
Shipmate
# 267

- Posted      Profile for Lyra     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
it just has to be

How could any of you support ?

--------------------
Around and about

Maddie
Ship's cartographer
# 11

- Posted      Profile for Maddie   Author's homepage   Email Maddie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I vote for because the other chap wound me up so much - also always got really involved in the tasks and did loads of the work.

Maddie

Posts: 1304 | From: East of England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
THE POLLS ARE CLOSED

Votes are currently being counted. A result is expected shortly.

Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ANNOUNCING THE WINNER OF SMILIE SISTER 2001 TO BE...

polling a decisive 60% of all votes.

Let the media circus begin...

Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<click> You have reached the phone of , I'm gonna sue ex-directory listings! I'm not here and I wouldn't answer you anyway; if you were important enough you'd be part of my media circus and know I wasn't here! If you really need to bore me, press 1 to register your support for my campaign for the Tory leadership, press 2 to register your support for my campaign to be President of any G7 nation and press 3 to register your support for my campaign to be Pope. Now, get lost!

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coming soon...

The Smilie Sister Renunion

Who is currently dating?
Will bother to come?
What is 's dark secret?
What will wear?
Has found a medication that works?
Will figure out how to get there?
What will write?
Who will beat up?

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Announcer: IT'S THE SMILIE SISTER REUNION!
WITH YOUR HOST-- !

<applause>

Yeah, yeah, it's my pleasure, blah, blah, blah, let's get this over with.

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen-- !

<burlesque-house hooting and cheering>

Thank you, thank you!! I love you all!!

Audience Member: Show us your--oof!! <dragged away by Smilie-Sister bouncers>

Announcer: Next, we have !

<applause descends to "polite" level>

Didn't have anything else to do today...

Announcer: And here's !

Glad to be here--so far...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Announcer: As well as !

Greetings and Salutations!

Announcer: And who could forget ?

<applause now has some catcalls>

It's OK...I don't mind...

[UBB Code Edited]

[ 20 June 2001: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Announcer: And of course there's ...

<wild cheering>

Audience: ! ! ! !

What is it?? Don't hurt me!

<even wilder cheering>

[UBB Code Edited]

[ 20 June 2001: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Announcer: Which leads us to ...

<applause again more polite>

My public!

Announcer: And finally...our winner, !

<standing ovation>

Oh, shut up!

<screams of delight>

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

<applause dies down>

It seems like some of you out there actually care these Smilies exist, so let's take some questions from the audience...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Reepicheep
BANNED
# 60

- Posted      Profile for Reepicheep         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
to what do you think life holds for you now?
Belisarius
# 32

The remote hope that I'll no longer be bothered by idiots. I have to deal with some asinine promoters, investors, and political organizations for a while longer, but after that life will be like a crap sandwich--the more bread you have, the less crap you have to take!

Buy one of the couple of zillion articles being churned out covering every ******* detail of my life if you want to know anything else, you cheap bastard.

Well, I suppose you're done answering the question--

And you'd better watch yourself, smartass...

--so who else wants their curiosity appeased?...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

To Which of the other participants in Smilie Sister did you most want to toast on slow burning coals?
Belisarius
# 32

< starts twitching uncontrollably>

<audience laughter>

[ 24 June 2001: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Elizabeth
Shipmate
# 207

- Posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To How painful was it for you to be the first one tossed out? Have you entered therapy yet? And what exactly are the dimensions of your....er.....

--------------------
The Hunger Site is back!

Posts: 669 | From: The Place of Knee Deep Leaves | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

Yes. Thank you so much for your suportive question. I found it immensly painful. I've had so little experiecne in handling rejection in my life it hurt me to the core. Especially as i was getting on so well with the hunk (is he out yet? Yes? Ooooh, we must get in touch! Sweetie, if you're listening...). And the media coverage has been so, well, exposed... it's really hard having to smile, and pout, and undress quite so often you know! but coming through that pain and learning to channel it into really meaningful artistic use of my body has been a wonderful learning experience. I have really blossomed through it. thank you.

[code fixed]

[ 21 June 2001: Message edited by: clare ]

Belisarius
# 32

Artistic...yeah, right.

Artistic enough for me, I should say!

I thought there were going to be refreshments.

Please, please, it's the pathetic losers in the audience who have the floor. Next question...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

To
What does it feel like to be a cult hero? Will you be releasing any songs about your search for Norman?

Belisarius
# 32

< pulls out a 3-by-5 card and reads> "Any questions of that nature will be answered by my agent and manager."

's pop-sensation career is still in its planning stages, but we will throw out enough tidbits--

The two of you?...<contemptuous chuckling>

Ooo, I've been looking for a new agent--

The possibilities are intriguing...

Your possibilities and hers probably aren't coinciding.

Oh, look who deigned to speak!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Well, you had been deigning long enough.

Why you--

Sorry to break up this shipmeet, but we'll take a few more questions and then go into the obligatory clips-from-old-episodes. Anyone?

>Yeah, which one of you's the Christian? I mean, all these reality shows have one.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
um... that'd be me.

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

<COLLECTIVE GASP>

I would have guessed it was ...

Well, I would have guessed it was you, ...

What about ? She does look like Nicky Gumbel.

Nicky Gumbel??? How could you say that??? My own agent!!!<sobs>

Just need one more "startling revelation" and then I can go home...

[ 24 June 2001: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Reepicheep
BANNED
# 60

- Posted      Profile for Reepicheep         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So who's the buddhist then?
And , are the tongues of flame anything to do with the SPirit of our living God?

Love
Angel

Belisarius
# 32

Hmm...I distinctly remember saying a few minutes ago that I DIDN'T WANT TO ANSWER ANY MORE QUESTIONS!!

Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities.

Offend this, Fauntleroy--

<CRASH>

That was a perfectly good spotlight

This is so Jerry Springer.

You mean Geraldo.

<wheeze, hack> Well, I'll be enjoying Christmas with the proceeds from the multi-million-dollar lawsuit...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

FINAL ROUND - THE TALKING HEADS SESSION

Now that the series has wound itself down, it is time for the academic types to discuss the relevance of it all. Grandiose themes, obscure allusions, and multi-syllabic jargon are encouraged. Cameos by Smilies are allowed.

To begin...

Smilie Sister--an affirmation of Jungian/Campbellian archetypes?

It is perhaps paradoxical but certainly obervable that technologically synthesized appeals to demographics still create resonances to pre-industrial allegory. One need only see the earlier, well-documented case of Gilligan's Island:

Professor--Pride
Ginger--Lust
Mary Ann--Envy
Mr. Howell--Avarice
Mrs. Howell--Sloth
Skipper--Gluttony & Anger
Gilligan--Satan

But how would the Smilies be designated, and to what system?

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Peregrinner
Shipmate
# 409

- Posted      Profile for Peregrinner     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Surely this eight page thread should be archived and a new one begun. Just a polite suggestion.

--------------------
I have always thought...

Posts: 271 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Elizabeth
Shipmate
# 207

- Posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps the Sisters should retire from public life for a while and write their memoirs, which I'm sure will be a huge bestseller with the SoF crowd.

--------------------
The Hunger Site is back!

Posts: 669 | From: The Place of Knee Deep Leaves | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

FINAL GOODBYES

Time to close the door on Smilie Sister and head off to another hugly popular incredibly commercial strangely compulsive money making venture.

The next eight posts are reserved for each of our wonderful star contestants to bid goodbye, in the order of their eviction , , , , , , and finishing with our viewers choice survivor... .

The thread will then be locked and archieved.

clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

So long darlings! Thank you for your amazing support! I love you all! You are wonderful! And so am I! Goodbye! Goodbyyeeeeeee!
Belisarius
# 32

Later. Time to hitchhike across Europe...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

Hey. It was great being part of it all, and I can be proud to say I did my best. What we had was worth getting out of bed for. Goodbye.
Elizabeth
Shipmate
# 207

Oh, is it my turn? It's not? Well, goodbye anyway. Let me know if you find Norman, okay?

--------------------
The Hunger Site is back!

Belisarius
# 32

All dressed up and lots of places to go--especially where Hell is not other people.

See ya--resist everything but Temptation!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Phil R.
Shipmate
# 128

- Posted      Profile for Phil R.   Email Phil R.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Vanity vanity, all is vanity. Except for tax demands.

I hate goodbyes, so I'm off to the green room to cry.

Posts: 216 | From: Sussex, England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

Hold the front page! Media Celeb leaves Smilie Sister! (Can you just hold a minute while I set the self timer?...ok)
FLASH See you later, Fans!

Belisarius
# 32

It's about time! I'm outta here!

Thanks for nothing, but I'm feeling generous, though, so here's some parting advice, Sparky--

GET OFF THE ******' INTERNET AND GET A LIFE!!!!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016