homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Homosexuality (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Homosexuality
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How dare any of you make light of such an important issue as homosexuality?! I'm deeply offended and demand this thread be closed!!!!

Btw.. I'm joining team C.

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Btw.. I'm joining team C.

Says who? We may not want your sort

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Says who? We may not want your sort

And who died and gave you the right to decide who's on Hell's team then? You're not even a member. RuthW (A HOST) kicked you out. So push off somewhere else with your recto-cranial inversion assumptions!

Freak!

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sarkycow:
And who died and gave you the right to decide who's on Hell's team then? You're not even a member. RuthW (A HOST) kicked you out.

Now wait a minute. I deposed him. Any more trouble from you and you'll be singing soprano in the Team A choir.

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Before Team C goes completely to pieces -- oh, sorry, too late ...

Anyway, I think we have a winner here. How any right-thinking person can say this thread still belongs in Heaven is utterly beyond me. Even left-thinking people (woolly liberals that we are -- granola forever!) should be able to recognize the essential Hellishness of this thread.

And while Kieran gave Spike a good push, I administered the coup de grace. And I'd do it again.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're next.
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So is this Heaven or is this Hell..?

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is so heavenly to see you Hell Hounds enjoying yourselves so freely.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Q: How many militant lesbians does it take to change a light bulb?

A: THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!

[ 31 January 2002: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kieran:
You're next.

Just try it. I double dog dare ya.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Done.

On the other hand, this is just too easy. Any real hell host who claimed to be on Team C would have shifted this thread to Hell ages ago without any of that nonsense about fair play and waiting to see who was going to win, then locked it so nobody else could have the last word. But you didn't, did you.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh its so nice to see everyone having such a good time with this thread that i have to give you all a big hug and lots of kisses!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the Springfield Gay Pride Parade--

Marchers: We're here! We're queer! Get used to it!

Lisa Simpson: But we are used to it! You've been having this parade for years!

(Pause)

Marcher: Party Pooper!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think this calls for a musical interlude.

[pulls out CDs of kd lang, tracy chapman and michelle shocked]

Oo oo. I'm just soooo 80s. Who shall we have first? What's that? You want the Village People?

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Any real hell host who claimed to be on Team C would have shifted this thread to Hell ages ago without any of that nonsense about fair play and waiting to see who was going to win,

Ah but you see, you can take the girl out of Purgatory but you can't take Purgatory out of the girl...........

Discuss, with suitable biblical references.

- Just giving Team D a trial to see how I like it.

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Time for one of those Cross Tics.

How
Often
Men
Only
See
Externally.
X-rays
Uncover
All
Longevous
Internals
Testifying
Youthfulness.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nicolemrw:
oh its so nice to see everyone having such a good time with this thread that i have to give you all a big hug and lots of kisses!

But that's a hellish thing to do nicole as I saw you barfing on an earlier thread

Ain't it great when even heavenly gestures become hellish?

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
well actually, i'm not totally sure about this, but i do believe that i posted the hugs and kisses here before i posted the barfing in hell.

however, that aside, remember, this is heaven, and therefore, no matter what my condition elsewhere, here i (as well as everyone else) is perfect! which in this case means perfectly sober and not barfing.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Belisarius:
Lisa Simpson: But we are used to it! You've been having this parade for years!

I have got to see this episode.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I nominate Lisa Simpson as an honorary Heaven Host!
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
I nominate Lisa Simpson as an honorary Heaven Host!

Why, because she's annoying and opinionated? And that would make her fit in as a heavenly host?

Viki

--------------------

Belisarius
# 32

South Park's Big Gay Al could be made Honorary OP.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Unkl Davy
Shipmate
# 2777

- Posted      Profile for Unkl Davy   Author's homepage   Email Unkl Davy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Post not quite suited to the nature of the thread; moved to new thread.]

[ 16 June 2002, 03:05: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

Posts: 216 | From: Silicon Valley | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, re the parades above, last week we had ours in DC (it was a lot of fun! Got sunburnt on Sunday at the festival though) and one is in Baltimore this weekend. I hope to make it to the festival tomorrow -- alas, I was sick with a summer cold today.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

I take it All Saints doesn't have a version of this thread yet.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Apologies if the above post sounded curt, but the Heavenly impetus does seem to have run out of steam; serious debate and personal experience (no matter how innocuous) don't really fit here. It's probably best to retire the thread back to its pre-archive status.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016