homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Reality Internet Presents SMILIE SISTER 2 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Reality Internet Presents SMILIE SISTER 2
Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
tactically, i'm voting for [Ultra confused]

far too freaky.

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Get rid of the elephant's more ailing brother:

[Roll Eyes] Sicker Phant!

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
====================================
[Angel] How exciting--a 3-to-3 tie!

[Devil] Our viewers are too smart to throw away their votes!

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Feed [Yipee] to the pig (who may then get some sleep).

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Cool] I have been watching things very carefully and I see that there is a need for a tie-breaker. I am therefore going to ask both of you a question and the best answer will win.

[Ultra confused] I don't think that's fair!

[Roll Eyes] What a ridiculous idea!

[Cool] Good. As you are both in agreement, here is the question:-

"Why should you stay in the competition and your fellow smiley be eliminated?"

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Roll Eyes] cause we've both been thinking for an hour and a half, and i'm the only one who's deigned to answer.

besides, [Ultra confused] is just too pissing annoying.

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's time again for the

SMILIE SISTER PENALTY SHOOT OUT

The next person to post on this thread must vote out either [Roll Eyes] or [Ultra confused] . People who have previously voted on this round can vote again. If you are reading this, ACT NOW. the decision is all yours.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Francesca Shelbellini
Shipmate
# 53

- Posted      Profile for Francesca Shelbellini     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Woo hoo!! At last, I matter...

I vote off...

[Roll Eyes]

Too boring! Must keep paranoid smilie! Very entertaining.

Michelle

Posts: 109 | From: vancouver, bc, canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

[Angel] Thank you, Michelle, for solving our little problem-- [Roll Eyes] must find his way in the world outside Smilie Haven.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

DAY 5: ACTION DAY

Six smilies in various degrees of fatigue have been notified of [Roll Eyes] 's departure.

[Ultra confused] YEE-ESSS! PASSED THE SECOND ROUND!!--ooowh, my head...I gotta lie down...

[Embarrassed] I'm sure you were on very thin ice yourself.

[Snigger] Hey, you were no convent girl last night, heh-heh...

[Paranoid] [Ultra confused] is still here! This is the second time I've miscalculated! Could I be...fallible??

[Disappointed] We can hear you, you know.

[Paranoid] Dammit!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Yipee] Well I'm glad you're feeling better [Embarrassed] but I brought some aspirin for you just in case and some water because I read somewhere once that a hangover is mostly dehydration and what's all that paper mache doing outside?

[Ultra confused] Huh?--oh, who cares?...ZZZZZZ...

[Disappointed] It's probably part of the next task. The note's over there if someone wants to read it.

[Paranoid] Well, ahem, it is closest to me...<snatches note> Hmm...what the...build a sauna with it??

[Embarrassed] What a frivolous luxury!

[Snigger] I'll provide the cement! *hock-spit*
Heh heh heh...

[Embarrassed] *Urk* Thank God my stomach's already empty...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

< [Yipee] is getting more water when...>

[Yipee] Oh look here's a package why didn't we notice it before it looks like I can open it up though oh a parting gift from [Sunny] how thoughtful especially since I don't think [Roll Eyes] left anything for us but then again there were some issues but anyway it looks like brownies when did [Sunny] have the chance to make them well [Embarrassed] isn't quite up to having any yet but the rest of us should try them before they go stale...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Disappointed] Oh yer. Brownies. I bet [Sunny] spat in them. Take my advice, not that I really care if you don't, and use them to help keep the paper mache together.

[Yipee] What sort of spa would you like [Embarrassed] I wonder if you can get a wood grain effect with paper mache and then when we've built it we can- we can- you and I can bethefirsttotryitout!

[Disappointed] Gag me to death with a brownie.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Embarrassed] i'm a little concerned about Heat Regulation, You know it's terribly damaging to internal organs to be overheated. I might have to check with Sister Smilie herself about potential health risks...
[Snigger] turn up the gas honey, lie down, close your eyes, and we'll feast on your sweet posk crackling remains.
[Yipee] wow exciting can i watch this is just like daniel in the firey furness I want to see God in his power! drama!
[Paranoid] do i smell a religeous takeover?

[Embarrassed] absentmindedly helps herself to a brownie...

Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

[Paranoid] Hmmm... these brownies smell funny-

< [Snigger] snatches them off [Paranoid] >

[Snigger] Hey, [Ultra confused] , want a brownie?
[Ultra confused] Why? What've you done to them? What's wrong with them?
[Snigger] Nothing! Honest!
[Ultra confused] Oh, ok then...

--------------------
This space left blank

Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

[Ultra confused] munch munch... Hey, wait, these aren't brownies...

[Projectile]

--------------------
This space left blank

Dave P

stoned
# 2900

- Posted      Profile for Dave P   Email Dave P   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] oh good now we have something to stick together the sauna with come on everyone lets get cracking on this task not that if we don't anything will happen though I wish it would because it'd put some of you lazy layabouts in trouble oh but that's nasty i'm sorry c'mon it'll be fun and when we're done we can all have a nice sauna now how do we get heat how about we build it around the stove then it'll be nice and cosy and warm
[Embarrassed] That is far too dangerous, fancy thinking you could use an electric cooker in a sauna!
[Disappointed] Great! My chance to end it all
[Ultra confused] I don't feel at all well... [Projectile]

--------------------
ne Holy Stone

Posts: 736 | From: brum | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

[Snigger] Wuss--haven't you ever had a pot brownie before or does it have to be yuppie ****?

[Ultra confused] The way I feel this morning?? You son of a--*SMACK*

[Snigger] ****head! *SMACK*

[Ultra confused] NOW YOU'RE GONNA GET IT, **********!!
<CRASH!>

<meanwhile, outside>

[Paranoid] ...so all we need to do is soak the paper mache in eucalyptis resin--that will provide the structural integrity and provide the salutory vapors saunas frequently use!

[Embarrassed] Ooooh, sounds heavenly...I'll help out as soon as I finish this bag of chips...

[Paranoid] ???

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Disappointed] It will still be a fire hazard.

[Paranoid] Will you shut up if I shut up as well?

[Disappointed] Deal. <both start working>

< [Embarrassed] sidles up to [Yipee] and whispers> Now that those brownies have settled my stomach, I can see I was too harsh with you. I would be honored to try out the suana with you. All the other smilies are either boors or cynics, but you're different. I feel so, relaxed, with you...

[Yipee] <speechless for perhaps the first time in his life>

[ 03 July 2002, 15:01: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Snigger] (in the middle of the brawl collapses to the ground in soundless, prolonged laugher)...what are we doing, man? c'mere (opens his arms to hug [Ultra confused] ) there's just love, brother, and we're the proof, dont'cha see?

[Ultra confused] well, if you really think so. i'm feeling a little sleepy, though...i think i'll take a little nap.

[Paranoid] after using the bog, peeps out from behind a crack in the drapes and peers outside. it's the fuzz! flush your ****!

[Disappointed] i'm not the fuzz, you loser! c'mon where almost finished.

[Paranoid] oh, yeah...well, it doesn't hurt to be careful does it? i brought these chairs out in case....in case...i kinda forget why.

across the yard,

[Embarrassed] have i embarrassed you? because that's the last thing i'd want to do to someone i care so much about. tell me everything you're thinking, feeling. i want to know it all!

[Yipee] nnno. i'm not embarrassed, nnot at all. this feeling just makes my head spin a little, but i'm busy right now rolling this wet slop on the sauna. (braves a look back to see her unwrap third chocoloate bar and staring at the shapes the trees make against the clouds) isn't it so lovely? what does it all mean?

Posts: 1236 | From: usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dave P

stoned
# 2900

- Posted      Profile for Dave P   Email Dave P   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Paranoid] <to self> hmm those two seem to be hitting it off. I'll have to do something about that if i'm to win.
[Disappointed] would you shut up and finish pebble-dashing your side of the sauna
[Paranoid] stop doing that!!!!

[Embarrassed] well I think our sauna's looking lovely don't you?
[Yipee] beautiful...
[Embarrassed] gorgeous...
[Ultra confused] will you two cut it out, i've been sick enough already. Now where's [Snigger] gone?

--------------------
ne Holy Stone

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Disappointed] [Snigger] 's got the munchies. And [Yipee] 's tart has scoffed everything in sight.

[Paranoid] Yer. She's eaten enough for two.

[Ultra confused] Enough for two- har har har har har
(slaps [Yipee] on the back accelerating his spin)
Congratulations Spinny, brudda!

[Yipee] ???

[Embarrassed] Oh! The spa's finished! Smashing!

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

[Ultra confused] Let's open a bottle to celebrate.
I'll have yours.
--Braaaaap--

[Yipee] <staring too intently at [Embarrassed] to appreciate what's going on>

Dave P

stoned
# 2900

[Embarrassed] so do you want to try out the sauna?
[Yipee] er ok sure yes
[Ultra confused] <glug glug glug> aren't you meant to be naked in those things? or is that turkish baths? I don't care. pass me another bottle.
[Paranoid] <sipping from his half-full glass of wine> I think i'll let them two try it out on their own. Filthy heathen fornicaters that they are.

--------------------
ne Holy Stone

Belisarius
# 32

[Disappointed] Do you really think anyone's going to fall for that act?

[Paranoid] I freely forgive you despite your unclean heart.

[Disappointed] Yeah, knock yourself out.

[Ultra confused] How much longer are [Yipee] and [Embarrassed] going to be in there, heh-heh?

<The Love Theme from Tschaikovsky's "Romeo and Juliet" suddenly fills the air>

[Snigger] Hey, who's been touching my boombox?? Stupid classical ****--

<Rage Against the Machine's "Freedom" suddenly fills the air>

[Snigger] YEAAAAAAH!!!!! "ANGER IS A GIFT!!!..."

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

=================================================
[Angel] Well, why won't we take a short break and chat with our two smilies no longer in residence.

[Devil] (*snort*--losers!)

<enter [Sunny] and [Roll Eyes] >

[Sunny] Thank you for a wonderful opportunity. I had an enriching experience and I hope I made a difference.

[Roll Eyes] A difference in how much tie-dye was worn, perhaps.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Angel] You're welcome. Now, in hindsight, would you do anything differently?

[Sunny] Hmm...I'll have to say I would have tried even harder to reach out to my fellow smilies. I sensed so much pain and sadness--we all have to do our share to spread joy.

[Roll Eyes] Something else is being spread around at the moment, methinks.

[Sunny] *Sigh* Still the frightened soul hiding behind a mask. Just remember I'm always willing to listen.

[Angel] Any other comments, [Roll Eyes] ?

[Roll Eyes] Just that [Flaming] was beating up the wrong smilies...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Cool] Hello, I'm Smilie Sister's resident Psychologist. Actually I don't have a degree or anything - the little actual knowledge I have came from a GCSE textbook I once read. But that won't stop me giving my opinion on everyone's interactions.

First up I'm analyzing [Paranoid] :

He's very insecure and needs to be in control. We can see this in the way he reads the task notes, and gives orders to everyone else. He likes his world to be rigid and well-defined, with rules about everything. He's not interacting well with the others, being too busy constantly second-guessing the results of their actions to actually talk with them in a meaningful way.

Interestingly, he's becoming increasingly unsettled by his inability to predict who will be evicted both times so far. This is leading him to formulate increasingly more complex hypotheses about what the public want, and how he should act in order to remain in the house.

He has the potential to get into the final three, providing he stops voicing all his thoughts. Viewers may keep him, because he's scheming and conniving, and they generally like that sort of thing.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Cool] PsychoCow here again

Here's my analysis of [Disappointed] :

Here's the Eeyore of the house, without the loyalty to his friends of course. This dude puts a serious downer on the atmosphere in the house, which is probably a good thing as far as [Embarrassed] and [Yipee] are concerned - they need cooling off! Ahem, back to [Disappointed] Now, where was I? Oh yes, he dampens the atmosphere something rotten. He's incredibly negative and picky, and is always looking for the bad side in anything. He's shown this through both his reaction to the tasks, and in his interactions with the other smilies.

Their reactions to him and his apethetic and negative comments don't appear to have made any difference to him at all. He is immensly secure in himself, not changing for anyone or anything. This may be an asset, or it may not, depending on how the audience decide to see it - courageous with a good self-image, or arrogant and stubborn. If you want me to analyse the audience you should pay me more.

Ok, I'll stick to the question. [Disappointed] 's future? Depending on how the audience see his not-changing and negativity, he might get chucked out soon, or he may go further.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

Smilie Sister Voiceover guy: <Newcastle accent> It's one am, and [Disappointed] is the only housemate still awa-a-ake

< [Disappointed] is in the kitchen, smoking a cigarette>

[Disappointed] well, what a chuffing nightmare this has turned out to be. <draws on cigarette> I mean, this whole housemate thing was supposed to be a good laugh, but instead I get locked up in here with a maniacal laugh-bag, mr. wizzy and a chuffin' hyper-paranoid freak who makes me dizzy just watching him. They're all just like a bunch of school kids.

Smilie Sister Voiceover guy: [Embarrassed] is having trouble sleeping.

[Embarrassed] hello there!
[Disappointed] oh hi. You know, I'm thinking about leaving.
[Embarrassed] I'm so shocked!
[Disappointed] Yeah, I wanted to be nominated yesterday, but that didn't happen. That was Plan A. Plan B is to go out by the back door, but I don't want to do that - that's like admitting defeat, you know? Looks like it's down to Plan C...

--------------------
This space left blank

Belisarius
# 32

DAY 6: VOTING DAY

[Angel] Many thanks to all of our panel and apologies for being behind schedule. So many unresolved questions! Have [Embarrassed] and [Yipee] consummated their relationship? What is [Disappointed] 's Plan C? How extensive are [Snigger] 's musical tastes? Your vote will decide the answers!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
voting out [Snigger] . not that i've anything against evil bitch foul mouthed round objects in general.... it's just this one's becoming a predicatable morph of last year's winner. that strategy won't get past my beedy eyes!

clare

Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

Yes. I've tired of [Snigger] 's potty mouthed nastiness. The Coot says: Thumbs down to [Snigger]
Dave P

stoned
# 2900

[Snigger] has to go. Samey and boring.

--------------------
ne Holy Stone

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
well, it being independence day over here and all, and [Snigger] 's last musical selection being so appropriate, i'll vote out [Ultra confused] again, with a complimentary gen. admission ticket to a nascar race where he may find a reason for living.
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Snigger] 's porcism is unacceptable.

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

DAY 7: ACTION DAY

[Angel] Well, it looks like [Snigger] will have to leave, having received four votes.

[Devil] Removing the one obstacle to [Embarrassed] and [Yipee] completely nauseating everyone else.

[Angel] We'll see if that indeed happens. Today's task: Develop exciting new flavors of dental floss.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

[Paranoid] Right. Let's have a roll call.
<to self: it has fallen upon me to take the invidious leadership roll, thus exposing myself to blame if it all goes testicle-shaped>

[Disappointed] Whatever.

[Embarrassed] Here!

[Yipee] Here here I'm here I'm happy I'm-

[Ultra confused] Buggeroff!

[Paranoid] Who knows anything about dental floss flavours?

[Yipee] Oh great oh great I've got a really great idea, why don't we develop a dental floss flavour that matches the colour we are!

[Disappointed] Groovy. I'm mint. Sigh. But I suppose you'll want a nouveau creative flavour.

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

[Embarrassed] Oh, [Yipee] your zest for life is so attractive!

[Yipee] <tongue-tied>

[Disappointed] <showing uncharacteristic enthusiasm> I'll develop Nausea Flavour.

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

[Ultra confused] well, i'll be roquefort.

[Embarrassed] that's too stinky. i'll be seedless watermelon.

[Ultra confused] that figures. spitting out the seeds is the only fun part of eating watermelon.

(knock on the door)

[Sunny] hi everybody! i'm volunteering at the lawfirm of Possem, Bossem & Tossem. i'm here to take urine samples of everyone. a disgruntled neighbor filed a complaint because of the noise, smell and foul language. i don't know why everybody doesn't just live and let live.

[Embarrassed] merciful father! i won't! i just tinkled not 15 minutes ago and i just couldn't.

[Paranoid] i want it in writing that my health records will remain confidential.

[Yipee] oh, you guys! i'll go first, hey i could be pee-flavored floss! he he. (goes into bathroom and positions above the cup.) i better flush so no body can hear me...SPLASH...help, i fell in, i'm gluggurlglel [Yipee]

Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

This is Smilie Sister.

Will all smilies please make their way into the bedroom.

(Holy F&%$! There's a security breach! Shoot to kill!)

--------------------
This space left blank

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

[Cool] Well that was all-too predictable, that a security breach would happen. You sold Smilie Sister to the nation - now the nation wants to talk directly to them. Oh, sorry, am I meant to be analyzing the contestants, not the audience?

We-ell, I think they'll mostly conform to orders, and go to the bedroom, apart from some that won't, of course. [Yipee] and [Embarrassed] will go very willingly. [Disappointed] may sigh and tut, but she too will do what she's told, although she will pretend not to like the actvity in the bedroom once she gets there. She'll secretly enjoy it however, because it gives her an oportunity for a seriously good moan. [Paranoid] will wonder what's really going on - maybe we could feed this, by giving contradictory messages and explanations?

And you don't pay me enough to analyze any more today.

--------------------

Belisarius
# 32

DAY 8: VOTING DAY

[Angel] Well, viewers, no startling revelations today. I have no idea which smilie will have to leave next.

[Devil] At least someone hose [Embarrassed] and [Yipee] off!--otherwise, if they're the last two smilies <whiny falsetto> they won't care who comes in first because they love each other so much mwah-mwah-mwah...

[Angel] Words to ponder. Votes and task ideas are now being accepted...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Francesca Shelbellini
Shipmate
# 53

- Posted      Profile for Francesca Shelbellini     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I must vote off [Yipee] It is clear to me that [Yipee] has some sort of obsessive compulsive mania borderline personality disorder, which I can't believe PsychoCow hasn't diagnosed.

I have also watched with appalled fascination as [Yipee] tries to lead [Embarrassed] into a life of sinful fornication!! I can't take it anymore. Please, for the sake of [Embarrassed] 's eternal salvation, vote off [Yipee] !!

Finally, [Yipee] is just too damn irritating.

IMHO.

michelle

Posts: 109 | From: vancouver, bc, canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

[Embarrassed] Oh, Spinny!
[Yipee] Oh, Sally!
-Mwaaaaaaaaah!

[Paranoid] They've gotta come up for air sometime.

[Ultra confused] Phwoooarrr.

[Disappointed] Will someone vote me off? Please?

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

It's likely that [Embarrassed] will go into steep decline, (which she can workshop with [Disappointed] ) but thumbs down to [Yipee] .
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

[Angel] Votes are trickling in now but in the meantime with have another guest in the studio.

[Devil] Thanks Jocasta. To give his professional opinion, here is:

[Happy] Thankyou, Tarquin. Yes, I've been a master builder for 25 years and from what I can see the Smilie Sauna appears to have stood up to 2 days of continuous use by [Embarrassed] and [Yipee] .

[Devil] Incredible.

[Angel] There you are viewers, the Smilie construction meets with Bob the Builder's approval. Well Bob, what task do you have for the smilies tomorrow?

[Happy] Create a beaver lodge and artificial lake in the back yard.

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

I'm voting for [Embarrassed] as he doesn't really do a lot, besides snogging [Yipee] . Anyway, if [Yipee] stays, she'll really annoy [Disappointed] , which will be nice.

Viki

PS I really want to vote for [Cool] to win, but don't think I'm allowed [Frown]

--------------------

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

hey, where did that blockhead come from?

well, i vote off [Ultra confused] (with a bleacher ticket to suffolk downs.)

Belisarius
# 32

Of note this week...

Smilie Sister 2: Hit or Hype?

The long-awaited sequel to Smilie Sister, while not overly disappointing, suffers from the sequel-itis that has afflicted its less-virtual competitors.

Despite new elaborations to the point of baroque extravgance (two omniscent hosts, a psychologist, and cameos from practically every non-participating smilie litter the proceedings), the world of the partipating smilies is, paradoxically, now more mundane; there have yet been no fanciful adventures outside of the compound and the current social explosions are now seedy instead of outrageous.

The inability of SS2 to fully escape from its predecessor's shadow can be seen in the many allusions to the original show, which often fall into the realm of smirking coyness.

The most significant problem, however, is in the new smilies themselves. Cursed by the Smilie Sister legacy, they are too aware of the game's rules and attach too much importance to achieving ascendancy. Out of the remaining smilies, the most blatant example of this ethos is the ineffectually scheming [Paranoid] , but the rash, dissipated [Ultra confused] also relies on the unseen audience for self-worth. [Embarrassed] , before her not-too-ironically-pot-induced infatuation with [Yipee] (the latter perhaps the only "innocent" smilie), spent most of her time trying to dictate how the other smilies should behave in front of the audience and almost vice-versa. Even [Disappointed] 's ennui is a perverse acknowledgement of the audience--like the atheist who, by constantly denying God, is constantly thinking of Him.

All in all, SS2 can still entertain--perhaps more than most "reality" productions--but the decrease in vitality and spontaneity is discernible.

[ 06 July 2002, 19:54: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016