homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Reality Internet Presents SMILIE SISTER 2 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Reality Internet Presents SMILIE SISTER 2
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i think [Disappointed] has already taken over the world. so i vote for [Paranoid] for showing some emotion (even if unintentionally), enthusiasm, and because [Disappointed] is a grim pea.

never-before-seen family photo:

.............. [Disappointed] [Disappointed] [Disappointed] [Disappointed] [Disappointed]

Posts: 1236 | From: usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Sauna Photos

[Devil] [Disappointed]

[Disappointed] [Devil]

[Big Grin] [Devil] [Disappointed]

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Angel] Why is Tarquin interviewing [Disappointed] in the sauna? More to the point, WHAT'S THAT TART, [Big Grin] DOING IN THE SAUNA WITH TARQUIN?
Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

[Big Grin] everything you weren't willing to do, sugar! (blows kiss at tarquin) if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, and all that..

[Devil] (grovels up to [Angel] and whispers) buttercup, she's nothing to me. don't pout, come on and play your harp for me. pleeeease.

[Angel] (with that forgiving expression) well, allright. (begins plucking and singing)...you give me fever...

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Paranoid] to win!

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The crowd is watching transfixed ......

[Frown] [Razz] [Cool] [Mad]
[Embarrassed] [Big Grin] [Confused] [Projectile]

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LOUD BRASSY FANFARE

[Angel] Many apologies for being so delayed. We had requested a substitute but...

By the power vested in us by the Heaven Network, We officially proclaim [Paranoid] the winner, having amassed 67% of all votes.

[Devil] LET THE MEDIA CIRCUS BEGIN!

[ 13 July 2002, 13:39: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

(the winner at the winner's mansion)

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Paranoid] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Devil] So how does it feel to be the last one standing?

[Paranoid] This is just wonderful beyond my wildest dreams. I never expected to win! I just thought 'Well. I'll just be myself'. I am so shocked! And so happy! I think I'm going to cry.

[Waterworks] In fact, I think I will.

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

[Devil] Working the crowd 'til the last. And now I have a special interview with [Big Grin] to record, which we shall be screening by delayed telecast. Or something.
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Projectile] It's a fix!

Some of us were not allowed to enter!

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Belisarius
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From The Official Smilie Sister Website ("Your source for all things Smilie"):

Smilie Sister/SS2 Comparison Stats

Primary Removal Reason Code Key
A=Annoying
B=Boring
U=Unproductive
T=Tactical

First Removal
SS1: [Big Grin] A
SS2: [Sunny] A

Second Removal
SS1: [Cool] U
SS2: [Roll Eyes] A/B

Third Removal
SS1: [Wink] B
SS2: [Snigger] A/B

Fourth Removal
SS1: [Razz] U/T
SS2: [Yipee] A/T

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Fifth Removal
SS1: [Frown] A
SS2: [Ultra confused] A/T

Sixth Removal
SS1: [Confused] T
SS2: [Embarrassed] A/B

Seventh Removal
SS1: [Eek!] A
SS2: [Disappointed] A/U

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Winner

SS1: [Flaming] --though the smilie's hostile attitude (as well as acts of outright violence) annoyed some viewers, many admired the smilie's decisiveness, lack of pretense, and refusal to suffer fools gladly.

SS2: [Paranoid] --this smilie tried to be all things to all people; if [Flaming] was the ruthless despot, [Paranoid] was the scheming courtier. Won through the audience's indulgence instead of its respect.

In postscript--without a strong authority figure, the victory of a personality like [Paranoid] 's is perhaps inevitable. [Eek!] , the close second in the first Smilie Sister, after all, can be interpreted as a more confident and street-smart version of [Paranoid] (they're even a similar color!). [Continued]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Ultra confused] and [Snigger] , while approximating [Flaming] 's violence, had none of the latter smilie's self-discipline and resultant charisma, further tipping the balance to [Paranoid] .

On the other hand, the determination of ascendant personalities may all be cyclic. If there is ever a third season of Smilie Sister, the winner could be a bored enervate similar to [Disappointed] . Only time will tell.

A parting observation--Naivete, to judge by both shows, will never win out in the end (be it [Confused] or [Yipee] ).

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Cool] Naivete is just too boring to the viewers. They prefer scheming so-and-so's, or at least someone with a bit of nous, who knows how to play the game. However naivete and innocence are humoured/indulged for a while, before they grow boring.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Belisarius
# 32

[Devil] Though I don't see excitement in it, we've decided to be magnanimous and show the reunion of [Embarrassed] and [Yipee] . Hidden cameras are a wonderful thing...

<The couple is seated at a sensibly-priced cafe>

[Embarrassed] It's nice to have one's life back to normal...not doing things one usually wouldn't do...So...how did you spend your time?

[Yipee] Oh I couldn't do much without you of course I mean I watched you on the show but we couldn't do anything together but you know what I mean just like I wanted you to win but I'm glad we're together again even if it means you won't be as big a celebrity but I hope that doesn't matter especially since...you're not talking very much.

[Embarrassed] <sigh, then determined gulp> [Yipee] , we do need to talk...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

[Snigger] Look at those two talking.

[Devil] Yes, disgusting isn't it!

[Confused] Which two?

[Happy] I don't think you should gossip!

[Disappointed] No good will come of this.

--------------------

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

(film gets blurry, then transparent for several frames, random marks flit by, a new scene appears...seems to be a woman in the bedroom of the villa filmed while she was sleeping...hard to see who it is in the dark...)

[Embarrassed] zzzzzzz

[Devil] (scrambles to fidget with video) don't know how on earth that got in here. (switches videos)

[Embarrassed] you see, [Yipee] , i've met someone else.

[Yipee] i think it's great to meet new people.

(looks toward the plate glass window where the famous collie is patiently sitting outside waiting with it's head cocked to one side) er, it's not a people...and i'm in love! (grabs a waiter's arm and whispers) can you bring my friend a bowl of cold water...yes, the long-haired one by the door...and a large beef bone if you have it.

[Ultra confused] can you put it on pause, i have to use the loo.

[Waterworks] sure, this is the sad part anyway (aims the remote and everyone stares at the tv)

[Smile]

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

[Disappointed] No good will come of it: [Embarrassed] and a dog just won't last. And [Yipee] will be so unhappy.

[Cool] Well I just say that the saying: 'Dog is Man's best friend,' is certainly true in this case. And you'll all a bunch of prurient voyeurs. Now unpause the vid, so I can see the rest. I've gotta analyse it, you know!

--------------------

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

[Yipee] well, i'd never want to stand in the way of your happiness...i guess i'll move along now.

( [Yipee] rolls out door past famous collie, whose eyes widen, ears shoot up straight as he bounds after with exuberance.)

...some moments later,

famous collie stands outside cafe wagging tail vigorously.

(audience gasps)

[Snigger] did he eat the little cheezball?

Belisarius
# 32

< [Yipee] rolls back> No actually he just wanted to show there were no hard feelings so he gave me the card of his agent so I can possibly exploit having been on Smilie Sister even if I didn't win because Fifteen Minutes of Fame and all that but it's amazing how much control that dog has over its finances...

[Embarrassed] <cuddling Famous Collie> I knew you would do the noble thing! [Yipee] is, of course, very nice, and I will always remember him, but, to be honest, I wasn't in my right mind when my infatuation started...

Famous Collie: Of course, my dear. Now we have a Marriage of True Minds, if I may quote the Bard.

[Embarrassed] Oh, yes!--mere physical passion is so fleeting and trivial when my soul speaks to your soul--

[Devil] BLEEECCCHHH!! Let's watch another camera--ANY other camera...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Angel] Let's follow up on [Roll Eyes] --it appears he's trying to get his hosting career back on track. Here's a clip of him auditioning to be a judge on "American Idol 2:"

[Roll Eyes] I liked your singing, but to be fair I also like listening to cats in heat walking on barbed wire.

Producer: I love it!!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

[Sunny] oh yes, i remember that album. it was by whats'is'name's asian wife.....the whole record sounded like a cat walking on barbed wire...my, she was ahead of her time wasn't she?

[Disappointed] you both have warped and twisted minds.

[Devil] did someome mention a cat in heat? i love those!

[Embarrassed] hmph! i knew they were prejudiced all along...discriminating against dogs is what they're doing.

[Devil] (throws his head back) aaaOOOOOOO

Belisarius
# 32

<Taking a break away from his fawning entourage, [Paranoid] relaxes in his posh hotel suite>

<clicking remote> Ooo, a Star Trek Marathon...<cell phone rings> Make me happy.

[Eek!] You'll never guess what I've gotten for you--you'll be the biggest Smilie EVER!

[Paranoid] You once prmised that about [Confused] , but I'm still listening.

[Eek!] Three Words--Episode. Three. Star.

[Paranoid] <to self> OHMIGODOMIGODYESYESYES!!!! <out loud> And what part would I be playing?

[Eek!] Who cares?--you're in, that's what matters...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Disappointed] FINALLY, I'm home--no more of that Smilie Sister nonsense. Now I can relax. <reclines on couch> Maybe something's on IFC (checks TV Guide)--no, just the usual pretentious drivel. I'll just take a nap.

<dozes off>

<sun sets>

<still dozing>

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Coming soon...

The SS2 Reunion

Will [Sunny] have a brush with Reality?
Will [Roll Eyes] provoke yet another smilie to violence?
Will [Snigger] ever act in a remotely mature manner?
How will [Yipee] cope with a broken heart?
Will [Ultra confused] 's lust for life be his ultimate undoing?
Is it possible to know too much about [Embarrassed] and the Famous Collie?
How will [Disappointed] be persuaded/coerced/tricked into showing up?
[Paranoid] --what a superstar! Who can stand in his way?

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Announcer: It's the Smilie Sister 2 Reunion! With your hosts--Tarquin and Jocasta Smith-Smythe-Smith!

<Applause>

[Angel] Thank you all for tuning in--we are so proud of how our show turned out!

[Devil] We're mainly proud of the profit shares and tie-in merchandising, though!

[Angel] Perhaps, but it wouldn't have been possible without our cast of smilies. Let's bring them out now! <applause> First we have [Sunny] --

[Sunny] I just hope everyone's feeling as good as I am!

[Angel] --and then [Roll Eyes] --

[Roll Eyes] --I see they haven't painted since the last Reunion.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Angel] And here's [Snigger] --

[Snigger] Hey, you're pretty hot, heh-heh-heh...

[Angel] *ahem* And now we have [Yipee] --

[Yipee] Thank you very much for having me on though I guess you're having all the smilies on who were on the show but it's still nice I guess but I guess I'll just sit down since I've probably said more than enough...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Angel] Which brings us to [Ultra confused] --

[Ultra confused] ...ugh, a little, er, under the weather again...is that my seat?

[Angel] --and then [Embarrassed] --

[Embarrassed] Common politeness requires me to thank you for being on.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Angel] And here's our runner-up, [Disappointed] , who almost couldn't make it--

[Devil] Until some persuasion to the effect that a certain smilie would be put in Tabloid Speculation Hell otherwise...

[Disappointed] You can't make me say anything, though...

[Angel] And finally, our winner, [Paranoid] !

[Paranoid] Thank you, Jocasta and Tarquin. Lovely seeing you again, and I mean that sincerely.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Devil] To start things off--in our goal to make Smilie Sister 2 as intimate and invasive as possible, we have some clips of things you might have missed...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

<video clip of [Snigger] wearing a swiped pair of [Embarrassed] 's underwear, admiring himself in the mirror>

Video Clip: Oh yeah, I'm a naughty girl...

[Snigger] HEY!

[Embarrassed] *Urk*

[Angel] If all the clips are of that nature, dear, perhaps we should move on. Besides, I hear there's enough of that going on at the Miss SoF Pageant.

[Devil] Oh, all right. Moving on the traditional Questions From The Audience. Anyone?...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

To [Embarrassed]

What is your future with the Famous Collie? Is there anywhere you can be legally married?

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Embarrassed] Although I don't think it's any of your business, I know enough of the world what dirty-minded people will assume. I will simply say that our relationship, though close, is chaste enough that we needn't worry of its legality.

[Devil] <under breath>ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...<out loud> Next question?

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

A question for [Paranoid]

[Paranoid] Did you have any kind of plan to try and win the game?

--------------------

Belisarius
# 32

[Paranoid] Thank you for your interest--events were so chaotic, the competition so merciless, my foes so vicious--

[Sunny] Huh?

[Paranoid] --that I had no time to develop a coherent strategy. I was always thinking on my feet, forced to constantly re-adapt in a hostile atmosphere, relying only my skill and intuition--oh, the solace of my recently-acquired Faith helped too.

I hope to bring the same intelligence and energy to all my future endeavors and that my humble efforts will be of some interest to you, The Public. Thank you.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

[Angel] can you say a little more about this "faith"? what church, for instance, hmmm?
Belisarius
# 32

[Paranoid] Oh, well, hmm, I'm still seeking the right church--one that isn't a cult or something--you can never be too careful.

[Angel] Fair enough, but what influences made you decide to become pursue Chrisitianity?

[Devil] (*Snicker* This should be good...)

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

[Paranoid] i'm still thinking.
Belisarius
# 32

[Paranoid] because, I observed the behavior of the church-going voters in the original "Smilie Sister," and that impressed me? Yes, of course, that's why...yes.

[Angel] I see...we'll leave things at that, and go to the next question.

>To [Yipee]
>Are you seeing anyone else yet?

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

[Yipee] well, no. but my granny always said there's more than one tin can in the dump and i'm finding that a friday evening where you can do whatever you want, like take a walk in town and stop in and have a smoothie or a pretzel or maybe stop in the bookstore or the record store or look at the stars or see a movie like eight legged freaks that nobody else wants to see, or nothing at all, is really nice so i don't think i really want to see anybody right now if you know what i mean.

[Angel] tsk tsk the poor dear.

[Yipee] no, really, i'm good, it's okay.

[Angel] (casts knowing glance at others)

Belisarius
# 32

[Embarrassed] I think it's cruel the way you're tormenting poor [Yipee] .

[Ultra confused] You should've thought of that before shacking up with another species.

[Embarrassed] That's exactly the kind of response I expected from you.

[Ultra confused] At least I'm not a two-timing hypocrite!

[Embarrassed] Oh, just keep your mind in the gutter where it's always been!

[Roll Eyes] And I thought Jerry Springer was cancelled...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

[Yipee] don't fret [Embarrassed] . it would only be tormenting if i had any expectations that were dashed. but i've been around the block a few times and i know the neighborhood. see ya around.

[Embarrassed] okay, be careful, so long!

(few seconds later....SSSCCCRREEEEEECCHHHH!!! BANG!)

[Embarrassed] OH MY GOD!!! my collie's been hit by a bus!

[Devil] (mutters to himself...guess i'll have to find new renters for the basement apartment)

Belisarius
# 32

[Angel] I am reporting live from the Veterinary Hospital, where the Famous Collie is recuperating from his accident. He is now out of danger, but what will be the repurcussions to his career? [Embarrassed] has secluded herself, so we have can have no update on her opinions. While we wait, perhaps some more questions from back at the studio?

[Devil] Of course. You in the corner--

To [Roll Eyes]
How did you do in your lawsuit against [Flaming] ?

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

[Roll Eyes] oh that little misunderstanding? we settled...i'm meeting [Flaming] at the club in a bit for some lunch and a quick game of golf... care to join us?

[Devil] uh, no thanks...i have to install a ceiling fan for one of my tenants.

meanwhile, FC had a bit of a setback overnight and was put in the oxygen tank and allowed no visitors...this according to a cute fox terrier in the bed next to him.

Belisarius
# 32

[Devil] So, what's the next question?

>Uh, can we go now? We've been sitting here for a couple of hours since that dog got run over--and not all the smilies are here anymore.

[Devil] (Damn, they noticed!) Very well--we'll have the traditional goodbye posts, starting with the first smilie removed and ending with our winner, [Paranoid] ...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

[Sunny] oh my, just like that saying the last shall be first...

[Devil] (maybe i should've suggested everyone's lining up to do a farewell cancan and then handed out tomatoes for target practice.)

[Angel] yes, i hope somebody kept track...seems like a bit of work to remember. is there a reward?

Belisarius
# 32

[Devil] Oh, for crying out loud...

The order is [Sunny] , [Roll Eyes] , [Snigger] , [Yipee] , [Ultra confused] , [Embarrassed] , [Disappointed] , and then...the winner mentioned before.

Hah! Thought I'd have to use another post, didn't you!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

[Sunny] Oh, wow, another chance to wish everyone a really super life! This really makes my day!

A parting thought--remember, we're all travelers together on Spaceship Earth...

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016