homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: The Miss SoF Pageant (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: The Miss SoF Pageant
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dolphy:
Mrs Tubbs, my most sincere congratulations to you!

(How long is this going to go on?... the suspense is killing me! [Ultra confused] )

Thank you. Would you like a chocolate cup cake? I made them myself with my new Nigella cookbook ...

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Pageant will give Zandolit about two more hours to make a statement; the Pageant will then announce the Third Runner-Up.

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tubbs,
I would be delighted to sample some of your choccy cake!!! Thank you so much, I shall make us some tea to go with it.

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dolphy:
Tubbs,
I would be delighted to sample some of your choccy cake!!! Thank you so much, I shall make us some tea to go with it.

No, please allow me [Sunny]

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, No, No... I insist! It will kill the hours until the results are through...

This cake is rather good!!! I am most impressed Madame Tubbs of Pageant fame!

--------------------

Belisarius
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, Zandolit is welcome to make a statement when she picks up her charming commemorative virtual statuette, but the Pageant must go on.

The Third Runner-Up, with a total of 40 points, is...

CONTESTANT #14, FR. BUSKIN!!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May I join you? I must admit after all that champagne that seemed to have been thrown around like there was no tomorrow, not that i had more than a small glass I can assure you, it goes straight to my head! - it's very nice to meet up with some others for a lovely cup of tea. And cake too! The simple things in life keep you going don't they! especially during all this waiting around... just like the dentist!
Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

Certainly Clare, consider a cuppa on its way! I suggest you try one of Tubbs choccy cakes... they are really good!

Congratulations Fr. Buskin.

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

Cup cake Father? Or would they diminish the taste of the gin? [Razz]

Tubbs

--------------------

zandolit

Shipmate
# 346

- Posted      Profile for zandolit     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Contestant #11, Zandolit, finally shows up, not having understood fully that there was a beauty pageant going on and that she was the fourth runner up. She also got lost coming here on her way back from the beach, contributing to her tardiness.

She accepts the trophy handed to her. Puzzled, she looks at it and says uncertainly into the microphone thrust into her face: "Um, gee, thanks. What's this for? What? Oh - a beauty pageant? Really? Gosh. Hmmm. Well, this will make a... err... interesting... What is it exactly? Oh? A trophy? Well, never had one of those before. Gee... um... thanks"

Later that night, after getting home, she noticed that her tire was flat - the trophy made an excellent and sturdy car jack. Upon entering her house, she decided to finally hang that mirror she purchased, and the trophy came in handy to pound in the nail. It made a much better replacement for the broken table leg than what she was already using. Sadly, however, the dog thought the trophy was quite an intriguing object - it was subsequently dragged outside, peed on and buried. Interestingly enough, this treatment did not much affect the appearance of the trophy.

--------------------
Senye, nou kontan se ou kap kenbe nou e se pa nou kap kenbe ou

Posts: 185 | From: Britain's oldest recorded town | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

Well, we've given Fr. Buskin a few hours; considering he made a somewhat redundant appearance earlier, it's probably time to move on.

The Second Runner-Up, with 44 points, is...

CONTESTANT #4, ARIEL!!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Yoo-hoo, Contestant #4...

Oh well.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

The First Runner-Up, who will take on the responsibilities of Miss SoF 2002 should the Winner be unable...
With a total of 45 points...
is...
CONTESTANT #1, DOLPHY!!

MAKING THE WINNER CONTESTANT #10, CLARE, WITH
50 POINTS!!!

<Smarmy Host warbles>

Now down the aisle she can be seen
The Ship-of-Fools now has a queen
She's the shipmate whom we all adore
The proof is in her highest score...

[ 06 August 2002, 05:46: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

The Mid

Officer and a gentleman
# 1559

- Posted      Profile for The Mid   Email The Mid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't worry Dolphy, something will happen to Clare soon, making you the winner, I promise!!

*The Mid quickly runs to his hotel room, grabs his suitcase, passport and false nose and quickly exits through the back door. He jumps into a waiting taxi which drives him to the airport where he boards a private Gulfstream IV with no markings. It flys away into the sunset taking The Mid with it....before Dolphy can get her hands on him. He smiles to himself - it was well worth it. He can't wait until the next constest....*

--------------------
For God so loved the world She got involved

Posts: 3022 | From: The Wardroom | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Belisarius:
Yoo-hoo, Contestant #4...

Oh well.

And yoo-hoo to you too, you smarmy host. I don't normally post at 5.30 a.m., unless I'm suffering unusually badly from insomnia.

So I get the bronze award? Well, in the interests of tactical voting, I voted for me consistently in every round, so that I could have at least one vote I could count on, but I must say I am touched to discover that someone else has voted for me as well. For which I thank you, whoever you are.

I am now off to my dressing room, and would like to invite Fr Buskin round for consolation (I can't get that photo out of my head) which will take the form of a particularly moist sort of chocolate fudge cake. Cake forks will not be supplied, out of a desire to see how he manages without.

And after that, I must be on my way, as my agent informs me that he has arranged a tour of all the nightclubs in Patagonia for me. This was his last act before resigning, so I shall be looking for a replacement. If anyone would like to arrange my tours, put up with my fits of temper, and help me dress and undress, see me in about ... I think Fr Buskin should take about half an hour so come round after that.

Thank you and goodbye.

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations Clare - shall we all pop round and have a celebratory cup of tea? Bring out Aunty Maud's best china, this is a happy day [Smile]

P>S> I voted for you (smarm, smarm, sucks up to winner) [Sunny]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I never! Good heavens! How marvellous!

Well this is very exciting, could someone just take my camera and take a quick photo please? thank you, i can put that up next to Richard's graduation on the mantlepiece when i get home... Mrs Scott and Mrs Packer will be surprised! Now, oh, I have to stand here do I. yes, I think i'll still keep my handbag with me, i really do need that Kleenex now!

hello everyone! just to say a very warm thank-you to all the kind people who voted me, it's so nice to be appreciated. All my fellow contestants were absolutely super, though i do hope they enjoy taking off those dangerously high heels (they're not good for the feet you know) and pulling on a pair of slippers when they get home. And thank you very much kind compare, you really have been most accomodating and i think you have a real talent in a songwriting career.... yes, i do! such a nice voice. Oh thank you! such a lovely trophy, that'll have to go on the mantlepeice too... needs a little bit of brasso but i can se to it when i get home...oh, and if i could just get that changed from 'Miss' to Mrs? Thankyou, I'm afraid I'm rather old fashioned about these things.

well, this is all rather overwealming - oh hello? Weston-super-Mare Daily Argos, but of course, I read it every day! oh yes, cheese!

I really must be getting on, so, goodbye and thank you again to all the kind voters. Do pop in for a cuppa any time you're passing, it's no trouble.

Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Mid

Officer and a gentleman
# 1559

- Posted      Profile for The Mid   Email The Mid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*Ring ring. Ring ring.

Clare answers phone. It is a long distance call, although she doesn't know it it is from somewhere over the Pacific Ocean at present.*

Clare, it's The Mid. Just wanted to say congratulations on your crown, it was very well deserved, and if you are looking for a PR manager as you carry out your Miss Ship of Fools duties then I would be happy to offer my services. They come at a very reasonable fee.

Once again, congratulations!!! [Big Grin]

*The line goes dead, Clare looks at it thoughtfully before placing the phone back on the hook*

--------------------
For God so loved the world She got involved

Posts: 3022 | From: The Wardroom | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

Now, now Mid... Clare won fair and square... Most sincere congratulations to you Clare.

(Sheds a small tear but thanks those who did vote for me!)

--------------------

Belisarius
# 32

Thank you, Contestant #1.

Well, that about wraps it up for the Miss SoF 2002 Pageant. Thank you for watching and we hope to see you next year!

<Contestants who still happen to be on stage each throw an exaggerated, synchronized kiss>

<CURTAIN>

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

Email Communication
To: Simon Jenkins
Re: How very kind.

-------------------------------------

Dear Mr Jenkins,

Just a short note to say thank you very much for the lovely tea-bags and delightful card. I enjoy earl grey very much, not so much first thing in the morning, when really I think you need a good robust flavour don't you, but certainly mid afternoon I find it so refreshing. You won't believe this, but when I went to the cupboard to put the box away I realised I only had one teabag left in my previous box, such wonderful timing! It has been great fun winning the beauty pageant, I have so many stories to tell my friends (some of them quite shocking about the other contestants but I'll spare your blushes) so I think I'll have to bake some cakes, invite them over for afternoon tea and show them the photos.

I wouldn't like to quibble with the organisers, they did such a marvellous job after all, but the trophy really is a bit of a devil to clean and does tend to dwarf the collection of china country cottages on the mantelpiece, so really the box of teabags is much more practical. Thank you again for your kindness and interest in the beauty pageant.

Yours with very best wishes,

clare

(Miss Ship-of-Fools Pageant Winner 2002 (Mrs)).

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tea and crumpets for the winning!

Woo-hoo Miss Clare!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

And with that, we again bid you adieu.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016