homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Blast of the Trump Against the Monstrous English Regiment of Evangelical Basher (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Blast of the Trump Against the Monstrous English Regiment of Evangelical Basher
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was an apology?

Reader Alexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Benedictus
Shipmate
# 1215

- Posted      Profile for Benedictus   Email Benedictus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, sure, Alex. What with us being so fragile and all.

--------------------
Resentment: Me drinking poison and expecting them to die

Posts: 1378 | From: Hertfordshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MadFarmer
Shipmate
# 2940

- Posted      Profile for MadFarmer   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it was about as coherent as the OP...

incoherent rant/ incoherent apology...

Strange thing though. Read the guy's home page and seems fairly smart and nice enough. He's started an interesting thread down in Kerygmatics about the Bible and usury- he's not dumb, and he's being quite coherent down there...

Do people commony misunderstand Hell to the extent that our serpent-turned-penintent* and Miss Dree Saint have?

-le

* "Scyndan" = Old English for "Serpent." Didn't anyone else here have to recite Beowulf in the original OE when in high school?

--------------------
Where have I been? Busy, busy.

Posts: 537 | From: Yellow Springs, OH, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by locust-eater:
Kerygmatics

::sigh:: Kerygmaticx is Dogmatix's litter sibling!

Kerygmania is where we have discussions based on what it actually says in the Bible!

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Do people common[l]y misunderstand Hell to the extent that our serpent-turned-penintent* and Miss Dree Saint have?

Never in my experience. Getting them both at the same time has been something of a -hmm- coincidence.

Reader Alexis

--------------------

Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scyndan heofon-cyning:
those whose egos have acquired an extraordinarily strong cathexis with SoF.

Gosh. And I thought my ego only had an extraordinarily strong cathexis with the BCP (you know, the Anglican one. Oops, I think I'm glomming. Glomming while cathecting, what WOULD Kristeva say about THAT?) Anyway, at least my copy of the BCP is taller than it is wide, so it qualifies in the most signatory/symbolic sense as a phallic symbol.

I shall get to work cathecting SoF later on this afternoon, after I've realised that Mr Cyning has no reality outside of the language I faultily employ to understand and (de)scribe him.

HT

Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

You know, HT, you are what you cathect. In. Whatever.

Reader Alexis

--------------------

MadFarmer
Shipmate
# 2940

- Posted      Profile for MadFarmer   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Kerygmaticx is Dogmatix's litter sibling!
[Embarrassed]

... just trying to fulill my quota of newbie mistakes as quickly as possible...

-le

(who is noticing for the first time his initials' French article feel...)

--------------------

Posts: 537 | From: Yellow Springs, OH, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scyndan heofon-cyning:
4) savaging individuals individually

If those who feel they have been individually savaged step forward

[Eek!] Wait! Wait! I didn't get a turn! Savage me! Savage me! Oh, do, do, do savage me! It's what I live for... [Sunny]

But remember, "yellow" means "be more careful" and "red" means we have to end the scene.

David
safe, sane and consensual orthodox guy

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Sorry, David, the savaging is all over. Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Can we get some crowd control tape down here?!

Move along, people. Keep it moving.

--------------------

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Mousethief said Getting them both at the same time has been something of a -hmm- coincidence.
Do you think they are related?

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
MT, that was not an apology, that was the most pathetic candy-assed display of insincere groveling I've ever seen. Jeez, man, you and your inner shithead need to go on some kind of "find yourself" retreat or something. I mean, if you're going to be an asshole, BE AN ASSHOLE. There were a few seconds in there that I thought you might actually be serious. The art of a good sarcastic flame is that your readers KNOW you're blowing sunshine up their asses. You're losing your touch, man. I have to say I'm disappointed. I can only award that flame a 2.

Better luck next time, dude.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Erin, I take it that from the point where you say "Jeez, man," you're talking to the scintillating cunt and not to me? Otherwise I don't get it as I haven't flamed anybody on this thread.

Alex

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:

Husband and wife, perhaps?

Reader A.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:

Husband and wife, perhaps?

Reader A.

EEEEK!

Just imagine what the offspring would be like...!

I mean, sanctimonious gits are fun toys to wind up, and Stay-Puft Marshmallow Men ego people with useless educations are good for an amusing scrap. But blend them together... it's enough to make me religious.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RooK, you shouldn't go and tell us what it's going to take for you to straighten up, fly right, and get religion - we just might make some arrangements ...
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
I can only award that flame a 2.

What is the flaming-scale Erin?

1 - slightly warmed
2 - a little heat and colour
3 - lightly toasted
4 - toastie
5 - char grilled
6 - char coaled
7 - reduced to constituent molecules

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Qestia

Marshwiggle
# 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Strange thing though. Read the guy's home page and seems fairly smart and nice enough.

You think? I thought I'd never seen anyone over the age of 16 looking so dour in a family photo.

People seek knowledge for different reasons. Some people seek knowledge with the goal of improving themselves. Others, such as our new, name-changing friend, seem to pursue knowledge so they can use it as a stick with which to beat others. Not that this is real knowledge. If it was knowledge about the good ol' CofE he was interested in, a little more he would have listened, a little less he would have whipped out the needlessly scatalogical comments.

So, Name-Changer, I'm dying to know, did NC State ask you to leave their doctoral program? Was your master's thesis not up to snuff?

--------------------
I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t an Aslan to lead it.
I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Interesting how the guy failed to reply to anything I said.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hercule
Apprentice
# 2943

- Posted      Profile for Hercule   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear, did Professor Wood say something? <fumbles for ear trumpet> I must have missed it.

Dearest Qestia--I have enjoyed the argument over whether or not I am "smart." My sense of security hangs in the balance. BTW, NCSU has no PhD program. Also, unlike the inbred universities of certain lands, it's customary for Americans to try to do an MA and PhD in different institutions.

Keep digging. I'm sure you can find heavier lashes to bring forth.

Posts: 49 | From: In transit | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wood
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pestilential Penitent:
Oh dear, did Professor Wood say something? <fumbles for ear trumpet> I must have missed it.

OH. You weren't paying attention. And there was me thinking you hadn't the brains or guts to actually stick with the argument.

quote:
Also, unlike the inbred universities of certain lands, it's customary for Americans to try to do an MA and PhD in different institutions.
'Try' is the operative word with some people.

quote:
Keep digging. I'm sure you can find heavier lashes to bring forth.
No need. you're making a big enough twat of yourself without us having to do anything.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Wood
# 7

Oh, and did I mention that pretending academic superiority and then attempting to use 'professor' as an insult is possibly a fatal error?

Or it would be if you hadn't made about seventeen already.

It's moronic anyway.

I've slaughtered better than you in here, bollockbrain.

--------------------
Narcissism.

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is a big "L" on his icon...I wonder what that means... [Devil]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brandy Alexander
Shipmate
# 2792

- Posted      Profile for Brandy Alexander     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It means Moo-Koo and I need to go find new avatars for fear of being mistaken for the Name Changer.
Posts: 52 | From: Oxford | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Loser

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Also, unlike the inbred universities of certain lands, it's customary for Americans to try to do an MA and PhD in different institutions.

This is by no means universal in the US. The UC Irvine English dept. prefers to accept people directly into its PhD program, and every year only accepts one or two "transfers" who have received the MA from other schools. And these folks tend to have to redo some coursework anyhow. I imagine lots of folks reading these boards won't have heard of UCI, so I'll explain that it's got a highly respected literary theory program. Not that anyone who doesn't read literary theory cares!
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sorry, David, the savaging is all over. Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Can we get some crowd control tape down here?!

Tape? Oh, yes, bring some tape! (licks lips) I do so love...

Okay, I'll stop now. [Sunny]
quote:
I'm sure you can find heavier lashes to bring forth.

I said I'd stop now, you naughty, naughty boy!

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Behind the pylons, leatherboy! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Reader A

--------------------

MadFarmer
Shipmate
# 2940

quote:
You think? I thought I'd never seen anyone over the age of 16 looking so dour in a family photo.

People seek knowledge for different reasons. Some people seek knowledge with the goal of improving themselves. Others, such as our new, name-changing friend, seem to pursue knowledge so they can use it as a stick with which to beat others.

er yeah. You like, missed my point and stuff. My point was not that he looks bad in a photo (who cares? Oh wait. This is Hell... everyone's an ass down here) or that he's behaved badly in Hell here, but that in the other available contexts, he seems to be nicer and actually writes coherently.
That's why I was wondeing if his posts in hell here were something of an affected persona. Which is a misunderstanding of what hell is for, but he seems to be playing "stick and hornet's nest" with everyone here, which is admittedly not nice, but everyone seems to be playing right into his hands in that regard... if he really is playing some persona game, the flames are probably doing nothing more than entertaining him. I can't tell if everyone else is genuniely angry with him or is equally entertained...

-le

--------------------

Qestia

Marshwiggle
# 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LE, I did go check out the Kerygmania thread and you're right, he seems completely different there.

Maybe after he's been around for awhile we'll become accustomed to his sense of humor.

He did choose an awfully strange way to introduce himself.

--------------------
I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t an Aslan to lead it.
I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hercule
Apprentice
# 2943

- Posted      Profile for Hercule   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Woody--I repented, but I still have to argue? Which argument? Can I do that and still be nice?

UCI is not all that unusual, RuthW. Several "top-tier" univerisites take that approach. UW-Madison tried it for a while. Is Murray Krieger still alive and on the wagon?

Are there any Avatar that are not taken?

Will I ever be able to contradict myself, engage in paradox or irony, without this being pointed out as something I probably didn't intend? Wood--you must be a new critic at heart. Or whatever they had on your side of the pond. Leavisites. Richardsists. Etc.

This board is interminably logocentric. Keep banging those rocks together boys--maybe you'll ground this free playing signifier to some external reality one day.

how dull.

--------------------
Let them hate, so long as they fear
-Accius

He collected audiences around him, and flourished and exhibited and harangued -Aesop

MadFarmer
Shipmate
# 2940

Strange. counterproductive, mean. Not to mention his OP makes no damn sense. He never answered my questions about how fundies in England are somehow worse than fundies in America, which makes me wonder if he had a point at all. Was he using himself for flame-bait maybe? But why?

Maybe he was drunk?

-le

--------------------

Hercule
Apprentice
# 2943

Oh--damn!

"L" for loser. Why do I set myself up for such abuse. I am SOOOO dumb. Really, I want to work hard so you will all like me. Please!

--------------------
-Accius

He collected audiences around him, and flourished and exhibited and harangued -Aesop

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't you have some puppies to kick? SOMEWHERE ELSE?

--------------------

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

- Posted      Profile for Lifeman         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've only just encountered this thread.

Normally, I have a pretty balanced view where Americans are concerned but let's look at a few
facts:-

1) America - the people who gave you the MONKEY TRIALS - an eternal testement to bigotry.

2) America -founded in the name of religious freedom and yet Anabaptists were being savagly persecuted within a few years of the Mayflower landing.

3) America - where even today, being black in the southern states does not relate much to the Christian concept of all men being created equal
(and how many churches there are essentially blck or white)

4) America - the home of the mega rich T.V.
Evangelist, obviously watched by huge numbers or else thet would'nt be so rich. I read of one who has a fleet of aircraft!

All the above are merely a few thoughts which immediately spring to mind. Who's the most screwed up? Pestilential Penitant, are you sure you know what you're talking about?

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another "expert" who doesn't live here. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Playing with a troll is symptomatic of intense boredom. Why not move along someplace else, everyone? [Disappointed]

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Can I kick Lifeman? Can I? Please?

Rdr Alexis

--------------------

Hercule
Apprentice
# 2943

What makes you sure I know what I'm talking about, or that my talking has anything to do with what I might know?

quote:
America - where even today, being black in the southern states does not relate much to the Christian concept of all men being created equal

Typical European holier-than-thou bullshit derived from watching too much of the demonic American TV. Church segregation is common all over the US and is probably more pronounced in the Northern urban regions, which are the biggest seats of covert but pretty damn obvious racism. Leftover KKK pro-confederacy nuts (also existing in the north) in the south are hardly indicative of much empowered racism in the US today. Ideological racists may shoot people still once in a blue moon, but in the big northern cities the politics of housing and education is far, far more racist and destructive.

Of course the enlightened Europeans embrace people of every kind.

--------------------
-Accius

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Can I kick Lifeman? Can I? Please?

As far off the boards as possible, please!

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Of course the enlightened Europeans embrace people of every kind.

Unless, of course, they're refugees.

Rdr Alexis

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by Lifeman:
Normally, I have a pretty balanced view where Americans are concerned

Everybody get back, lightning is headed his way for this flat-out bold-faced LIE.

quote:
3) America - where even today, being black in the southern states does not relate much to the Christian concept of all men being created equal

*snip*

Pestilential Penitant, are you sure you know what you're talking about?[/QB]

Why should he? You sure as hell don't. Let me heartily recommend a course for you, Lifeman. It's called Reality 101: How to Tell Your Ass from a Hole in the Ground. You know precisely DICK about racial relations in the South, so until you actually have something to go on besides the anti-American xenophobic bigotry spewed by the columnists in the Guardian, you should really not spout your "facts" anywhere there are people with functioning brain cells.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

On the other hand, why not let Erin kick for me? She is much bolder than I'll ever be.

PS My wife was born and raised in the south and never heard the "N-word" until she moved to northern Indiana.

Reader Alexis

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

quote:
UCI is not all that unusual, RuthW. Several "top-tier" univerisites take that approach. UW-Madison tried it for a while. Is Murray Krieger still alive and on the wagon?

Talk about your New Critics! Alas, no, Murray the K died a few years back - but not before they renamed one of the humanities buildings after him. In class he was such a fine reader of Renaissance poetry that it made you want to Learn to Love the Logos. Then you'd leave the magical space of the classroom, shake it off, and dutifully go back to reading Derrida (hey, it was the 80s).
Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alas, Ruth -- those were the days before Derrida had become his both his own text AND context.
Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hercule
Apprentice
# 2943

After 8 years in North Cackilacky I never heard more uses of the n-word than I did in the ROI and northern England. Also the only time I ever heard someone (for myself) use the word "monkey" as a racial slur--against a leading English football player. Incredible.

I really love old new critics who make you love the logos. I've met a bunch of young wannabes, but I think we cannot ring the bell backwards in this case.

--------------------
-Accius

Wood
# 7

quote:
Woody--

That's MISTER Woody to you, buster.

quote:

I repented, but I still have to argue? Which argument?

Does it matter? I'm having a blast here. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Narcissism.

Wood
# 7

Oh, and by the way, do we have a consensus that we can all kick Lifeman to a bloody pulp anyway?

(show of hands)

Thought so.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Hercule
Apprentice
# 2943

OK, well then Wood and l-e, yes my OP was incoherent BS, and I was drunk, and for some reason Diminutive Nematode's CoE-down-the-toilet thread peeved me, and it was hot, and I was wearing... well, that's all YOU need to know.

No, l-e, British fundamentalists aren't worse than American ones, but their existence--esp. in the CoE--is an annoying anomaly (at least to my mind) given the liberalized dessicated impression I have of that institution. Perhaps also like John Calvin I have a revulsion toward the mixing of radically disparate entities. At least in the US we tend to properly institutionally segregate ourselves by theopolitics. Hurray for schismaticism! And I do think the whole English national church enterprise was nutso and a doomed imperialist pile of fudge from the start, although I do like the short weird Edward VI moment. But let's not start some kind of serious historical discussion.

--------------------
-Accius

Wood
# 7

quote:
No, l-e, British fundamentalists aren't worse than American ones, but their existence--esp. in the CoE--is an annoying anomaly (at least to my mind) given the liberalized dessicated impression I have of that institution...

Ohhh kay... and it follows that... ?

quote:
And I do think the whole English national church enterprise was nutso and a doomed imperialist pile of fudge from the start
Me too, although it's best to keep it quiet round here.

Damn. Got to stop thinkig aloud like that. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Narcissism.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016