homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Blast of the Trump Against the Monstrous English Regiment of Evangelical Basher (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Blast of the Trump Against the Monstrous English Regiment of Evangelical Basher
MadFarmer
Shipmate
# 2940

- Posted      Profile for MadFarmer   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
No, l-e
Dammit Pestilential Penitent, I've been sticking up for you all thread and this is how you repay me? By hyphenating my initials? I've got half a mind to traipse over there to the Twin Cities and jump on that giant spoon and dink the big red ball into your livingroom window.

the CofE may have had fucked-up beginnings, but luckily, ol' Henry had some decent thinkers on board to get HMS Church into the water. Cramner and Hooker both were sound thinkers, despite thier "popery." Besides, do we not think that God can take human mess and make something good and beautiful out of it?

-le

--------------------
Where have I been? Busy, busy.

Posts: 537 | From: Yellow Springs, OH, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MadFarmer
Shipmate
# 2940

- Posted      Profile for MadFarmer   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[quote] ...Twin Cities...[quote]

...Man, my geography sucks.

The man lives in Milwaulkee. I knew that, I really did. Ah well, tit for tat.

- ducking now -

-le

--------------------

Posts: 537 | From: Yellow Springs, OH, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wood:
Oh, and by the way, do we have a consensus that we can all kick Lifeman to a bloody pulp anyway?

Normally I wouldn't kick a man when he's down, but in this case, what the hell:

Here's a big Texas size kick in the ass, Lifeman. [Devil] (We need a kick ass smilie.)

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by locust-eater:
Ah well, tit for tat.

Kindly keep your breasts out of my thurible.

Matron.

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's not a reference to gold-plated bras?

Alexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a thurible joke.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pestilential Penitent:
... I was drunk, ... and it was hot, and I was wearing... well, that's all YOU need to know.

No, it isn't! I've seen your profile pic now [Heart] (And, if you've seen the latest post on the leather thread, you've seen much more of me), and must know more! [Smile] Show us! (Heck, I did...)

And anyone who puts "Self-flagellation" in their profile, well! [Razz]

Only I'm not into the solo stuff these days -- I never find it satisfying anymore...

David
by the way, you're cuter without your glasses

PS: Yes, I know from his website (wife and two kids -- but then again, Master had a wife and two kids...) that he's probably straight. Darn it! [Flaming] Some-day my prince will come, la-laaa la la la laaaa...

PPS: Anyone who likes Spenser (and self-flagellation!) can't really be all bad...

PPPS: Yes, I'm kidding, though he really is cuter without his glasses on

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

PPPPS: We have similar interests also -- your profile says "Struggling to be Nice," whereas I think it's Nice to be ... [Big Grin]

I'll stop now.

David
and snuggling

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
David, David, David, what ever are we going to do with you? If you don't stop treating the newbies like this we're going to have to tie you up and ... no, wait, that won't work. We'll have to flog you with ... no wait, no point in that.

Carry on, then.

Alexis

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, Chastmastr, it took us a while, and we had to really work to uncover the subtle clues, but we have all figured out that you're gay and into leather.

Really. We have.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
Um, Chastmastr, it took us a while, and we had to really work to uncover the subtle clues, but we have all figured out that you're gay and into leather.

Really. We have.

Chast's into Leather!?

No, really?

Honestly?

Wow. Learn something new every day.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

[Eek!]

Oh, no! My secret is out!

[Eek!]

Don't tell anyone, okay? [Ultra confused]

Seriously, if I can't use my Special Mutant Powers (as it were) on newbies in such a context as this, well, what can I do with them? [Confused]

Wait, don't answer that... [Yipee]

--------------------

Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:

Seriously, if I can't use my Special Mutant Powers (as it were) on newbies in such a context as this, well, what can I do with them? [Confused]

Do you really want us to tell you???

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stephen
Shipmate
# 40

- Posted      Profile for Stephen   Email Stephen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You could always tell him to belt up!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Devil]

Yes,I know it's a terrible joke! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Best Wishes
Stephen

'Be still,then, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations and I will be exalted in the earth' Ps46 v10

Posts: 3954 | From: Alto C Clef Country | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord have mercy...the filth...the smut...the abuse of cows to make leather goods for these deviant acts (THOSE POOR COWS! HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF MAKING THEM ALL DIE SO YOU CAN HAVE LEATHER)...Betsy the cow sacrificed her life so you could have leather goods...mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yes, I did try to change the subject here...but alas I know I did not succeed...

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chast mate, just hurry up and get laid, will ya!
Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
David, David, David, what ever are we going to do with you? If you don't stop treating the newbies like this we're going to have to tie you up and ... no, wait, that won't work. We'll have to flog you with ... no wait, no point in that.

I suggest that we put him in a corner and pointed ignore him for a few days. Either that or we stop his pocket money (allowance) and ground him.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Um, hey, I was only being silly because of the whole "troll" thing... I didn't mean to actually offend anyone as such.

--------------------

Hercule
Apprentice
# 2943

- Posted      Profile for Hercule   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not gonna dangle for your delight, MastChaser. What a salacious come-on! Yick!

--------------------
Let them hate, so long as they fear
-Accius

He collected audiences around him, and flourished and exhibited and harangued -Aesop

Posts: 49 | From: In transit | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Well, yes. That was the point; it was supposed to be a very silly salacious come-on, which couldn't possibly be taken seriously, or so I hope. (Disclaimer: Yes, your pic is attractive, and I do love Spenser -- my own focus was on Mediaeval/Renaissance lit when I got my own MA -- and yes, I really am into leather and celibacy (don't ask -- if you want to know more, see The Great Big Leather Thread in Purgatory) as a way of life.) But it was meant to be a joke, because, well, I *do* think your OP was somewhat trollish (though I've started a discussion of such matters over on Purgatory), and your "I was drunk, and it was hot, and I was wearing..." just seemed to invite that sort of humour.

Joke joke joke. It was all a joke. I don't hit on married guys (see disclaimers contained in original posting) unless their wives/significant others are OK with it, and I don't have sex with them anyway. I didn't want to frighten or truly gross out anyone.

David
possibly-overly-worried orthodox guy

PPS: When I saw "struggling to be nice" and mentally automatically reversed it (how do you think I come up with all those bad puns, anyway?) I just had to make a joke about it being "nice to be struggling," as it... it was just there, as if the universe was saying, "Here -- take it! It's for you!" (This last bit paraphrased from a Very Silly Person I met once in Real Life.)

PPPS: I need more coffee.

--------------------

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where else could a thread about Evangelicals develop into a conversation about Gold plated Bras and Leather?

Welcome to the Ship.

Neil

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
David,

How could you allow this avowed troll to tie you up in knots like this?

You're being way too nice. He needs to be handcuffed, and to await the tender ministries of a host.

Or mince him into the pigswill.

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Oh, he's not got me upset -- but babybear is nice and I didn't mean to make her upset. (Of course if I really thought that PestPen was truly worried I was going to stalk him or something I'd be VERY unhappy -- having been stalked myself for real I take that kind of thing extremely seriously!)

Hugs all... I don't think, from what I perceive as a semi-humourous tone, from the other posters, that others are genuinely upset. But I don't want to offend a Very Nice Fellow Bear at all!! [Heart]

David

--------------------

babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Oh, he's not got me upset -- but babybear is nice and I didn't mean to make her upset.

Well "Duh!". Surely you don't need loads of smilies to know when someone is joking. [Razz]

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stephen
Shipmate
# 40

- Posted      Profile for Stephen   Email Stephen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
quote:
Oh, he's not got me upset -- but babybear is nice and I didn't mean to make her upset.

Well "Duh!". Surely you don't need loads of smilies to know when someone is joking. [Razz]

bb

No,you just need loads of smilies for whatever reason!!!!! [Big Grin] [Devil] [Angel] [Sunny]

--------------------
Best Wishes
Stephen

'Be still,then, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations and I will be exalted in the earth' Ps46 v10

Posts: 3954 | From: Alto C Clef Country | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mysticlisa

Ship's seer
# 2867

- Posted      Profile for mysticlisa   Author's homepage   Email mysticlisa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear CM... please don't sweat it! You had me ROFLOL (loved the "nice to be...").

As to PestPen... did y'all truly expect a humble apology from someone arrogant enough to post his CV on the web and flaunt his creds in every post???

Guess what PP... you're not the only Post Hole Digger on the boards. You would think someone with alphabet behind his name would be able to post his hellish attack in a way that makes his point clear. Your generalizations are ridiculous and pathetic.

But thank you. The responses you received from my shipmates gave me an hour's worth of giggles.

(Erin... do you give lessons??? I would love to be able to snap and growl like you!!!)

--------------------
"More things are wrought by prayer
than this world dreams of."
-Alfred Lord Tennyson

Posts: 483 | From: my laptop | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

*profound relief*

Still and all, though, I think, even for Hell, I've been yammering on about leather etc. a bit too much lately, and I do apologise to, well, everyone. I'm going to try to post a bit less often (and/or less detail) about it, though as it's part of my life (and philosophy) I won't avoid it altogether. But there's a bit of a difference between serious discussion of the value of hierarchy, or what I learned from my (earthly) master -- and joke after joke after joke about bondage gear. [Frown]

Many sincere apologies, and *hugs* *hugs* and more *hugs* to all!

David
penitent orthodox guy

--------------------

MadFarmer
Shipmate
# 2940

Are those bear hugs, David?

-le

--------------------

Lifeman
Troll
# 579

- Posted      Profile for Lifeman         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ultraspike,

Your Texan big-ass kick has all the moral authority of your President Bush preaching to Robert Mugabe about democracy, after rigging a bogus election (with his brother's help) and on a minority vote!

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

quote:
Originally posted by locust-eater:
Are those bear hugs, David?

No, just hugs. [Sunny]

--------------------

Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A special troll float for Lifeman.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This Lifeman thing really confuses me.

Years ago, in Miss Monica's dungeon, I was charged with having Lifeman for lunch.

It was an unpleasant job, but somebody had to do it.

Unfortunately, the meal didn't agree with my tummy and I had a little incident of "spit-up."

But I assure you all that I kept most of the meal down. The only thing that I pitched up was this little stringy thing that looked like some white boy's dreadlock.

I am absolutely horrified that, out of that golem, Lifeman regenerated himself.

I profoundly apologize to all Shipmates for my lack of thoroughness. I promise that, the next time I eat Lifeman for lunch, he will stay et.

tomb
(off to purchase a year's supply of Pepto-bismol)

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Tomb,

I suggest something more plaetable for you -

A good helping of
Some English Strawberrys

Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Tomb,

I suggest something more paletable for you -

A good helping of Roast Beef of Olde England followed by some English Strawberrys and Cream.

With best regards

Lifeman

PS If you speak to Woody, kindly ask him why he wishes me ill. I don't recall ever having had a go at the Welsh and anything I've said about the USA has been true.
Anyway, here's a list of Americans, past and prsent, who I regard as seriously cool (in no particular order and not exclusive):-

Alice Cooper
Axl Rose
Martin Luther King
John McEnroe
John Brown
Bill Clinton
Tony Campolo
Jon Bon Jovi
Scott Peck
Gregory Peck
Abe Lincoln
Chevy Chase
Mohammed Ali
Erin (that's Erin Brokavich by the way) [Big Grin]

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
anything I've said about the USA has been true
You are either a damned liar or an ignorant jackass if you really believe this. I can count four things you've said on this thread alone that could not be more wrong if you tried.

--------------------

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, you called me 'Woody'.

Axl Rose?? [Eek!]

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Last I looked, the plural of "berry" was "berries."

Alexis

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lifeman, you're just jealous. If you would learn to appreciate your own country, you wouldn't need to slag mine.

Another thing, Bill Clinton is not "cool". He is big liar and womanizer. The worst of it is the lying. He is good looking, charming and fairly intelligent. He could have been a good president, but no...he had to have no moral fortitude.

He seriously doesn't belong on a list with the venerable Martin Luther King Jr who pushed peace and wisdom...leadership for all Americans, not just non-whites. He wasn't perfect (liked women too) but at least he didn't make it our problem like Bill Clinton did.

Ok...off my soapbox. Tomb, I wish you'd try harder to eat this guy up. Have you tried soaking him in a good marinade and then barbecue?

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Bill Clinton didn't make his womanizing Our Problem. Kenneth Starr did.

Alexis

--------------------

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who started Kenneth star and his investigations? wasn't that congress?

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

A "We'll Get Clinton No Matter What" subset of Congress, yes.

Alexis

--------------------

Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Well, I still think Bill Clinton's pretty cool -

He presided over the longest period of sustained growth in the U.S. for decades, he seemed to have something of a social conscience (unlike Bush and Reagan), he plays a mean saxaphone and tried harder to resolve the Palestinian issue than any other President I can think of.

I can't condone what he did in the Oval Office (what was really unpardonable was that he kept
Nelson Mandela waiting while he did it)but if anyone of us was married to a power hungry, social climber like Hilary, who's to say that we would'nt have done the same?

What really saddens me is that if Bush Jnr.had'nt been elected (I use the word 'elected' in the loosest sense of the word), we just might be seeing some progress in the middle east. There might not even have been a Sep. 11th if Clinton was still in power!

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
Ok...off my soapbox. Tomb, I wish you'd try harder to eat this guy up. Have you tried soaking him in a good marinade and then barbecue?

Welllll, if this is gonna turn into a squabble over Bill Clinton, I think I'll just watch. And I think I know who the winner will be. Five'll get you ten you'll bust a gasket before Lifeman gives up.

Thanks for the cooking suggestion, but I eschew barbeque.

Gives me the runs.

Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Tomb,

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I seem to recall your main preoccupation when we shared a dungeon together was Miss Monica's knickers!

(maybe you think Bill Clinton is cool too?)

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by Lifeman:
I can't condone what he did in the Oval Office (what was really unpardonable was that he kept Nelson Mandela waiting while he did it)but if anyone of us was married to a power hungry, social climber like Hilary, who's to say that we would'nt have done the same?

[emphasis mine]

Out of all of the shit you've spewed onto the boards over the past two years, this is undoubtedly the worst. I am no fan of Hilary Clinton by any stretch of the imagination, but this is absolutely disgusting. It's HER fault that scumbag couldn't keep his dick in his pants? Are you INSANE?

At least you have finally nailed your sexist colors to the fence. I pity the woman who ends up with YOU.

--------------------

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

quote:
Tomb,

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I seem to recall your main preoccupation when we shared a dungeon together was Miss Monica's knickers!

I never shared a dungeon with you, you little climber.
Benedictus
Shipmate
# 1215

- Posted      Profile for Benedictus   Email Benedictus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was a soccer mom for a couple of seasons, I know how this is done. You jump up and down and yell, "Go, go, go!" a lot, and you have cheering refreshments in the cooler for halftime. tomb, honey (we talk like that down here) there's a bottle of Bombay Sapphire here with your name on it.

--------------------
Resentment: Me drinking poison and expecting them to die

Posts: 1378 | From: Hertfordshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

quote:
Well, I still think Bill Clinton's pretty cool -

Ah yeah, we know.

quote:
He presided over the longest period of sustained growth in the U.S. for decades,
The growth might have had something to do with BOTH HOUSES of Congress being controlled by REPUBLICANS during that time period. Read up on your Recent American History. The president has limited power, Congress has a bit more...and the Juridical system does. It is a system of Checks and Balances that were established to keep every branch of the gov't from getting too much power.

quote:
he seemed to have something of a social conscience (unlike Bush and Reagan), he plays a mean saxaphone and tried harder to resolve the Palestinian issue than any other President I can think of.
quote:
What really saddens me is that if Bush Jnr.had'nt been elected (I use the word 'elected' in the loosest sense of the word), we just might be seeing some progress in the middle east. There might not even have been a Sep. 11th if Clinton was still in power!
Clinton is being blamed for many things leading up to 9-11...

The First WTC Attack
Clinton had been in office just 38 days when terrorists bombed the World Trade Center, killing six people and injuring more than 1,000. <snip!> the new president's reaction seemed almost disengaged. He warned Americans against "overreacting" and, in an interview on MTV, described the bombing as the work of someone who "did something really stupid."

Full story in link below:

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york-issue112901.shtml

Tomb, You are right...I will certainly drop out after a bit of this going back and forth. The reason is found in Proverbs. I just shed some light and then step back. I have learned people truly seeking real answers will investigate while others will continue to stir the pot, wanting to cling out to their notion of "truth"...never truly seeking it.

Sorry that barbeques give you the runs. You are missing out on a slice of heaven called beer can chicken.

[ 02 July 2002, 06:32: Message edited by: RuthW ]

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

2 things....

1) Host..pls put quotes around "he seemed to have something of a social conscience (unlike Bush and Reagan), he plays a mean saxaphone and tried harder to resolve the Palestinian issue than any other President I can think of." from my previous post (those were Lifeman's words, not mine...I messed up). thx

2) Surprise Surprise...but I DO NOT PUT THE BLAME ON CLINTON for 9-11! I merely put up the article to show that many are trying to blame him, not just Bush. As my opininon goes, it is the FBI/CIA's fault more than anyone else's...but looking back is always easier than looking forward. Time to heal, kick some terrorist butt and move on.

As much as I don't care for Clinton, I do not feel it is fair to put the blame on him likewise with Bush.

--------------------

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd jump in, but it would be like a high dive into a wading pool. Lifeman just doesn't seem like he has enough depth to make it any fun.

I am, however, going to answer this:
quote:
if anyone of us was married to a power hungry, social climber like Hilary, who's to say that we would'nt have done the same?

Lifehouse, you are a disgrace to your gender. You have no concept of personal responsibility, integrity or commitment. DO NOT project your inability (or Clinton's) to control yourself onto me. It is offensive, it is incorrect, and it is pathetic.

scot

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016