homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Blast of the Trump Against the Monstrous English Regiment of Evangelical Basher (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Blast of the Trump Against the Monstrous English Regiment of Evangelical Basher
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I now understand everything. Because of the moral teachings of an enlightened teacher from the west, I now know how the universe works. Consider:

1. The philandering of a married man is due to the personal failings of his wife, and

2. The wilful actions of psychotic misanthropes convinced that violent destruction is the will of God is the result of the (admittedly, unspecificed) actions of George W Bush.

Thank you, Lifeman. What a strange moral universe you dwell in.

George W Bush may be an idiot, but he'll certainly not be lacking in peers while you're around.

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lifeman:
Well, I still think Bill Clinton's pretty cool -
if anyone of us was married to a power hungry, social climber like Hilary, who's to say that we would'nt have done the same?
There might not even have been a Sep. 11th if Clinton was still in power!

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] I can't believe I just read that!!
No wonder Lifeman's real name is Maverick (see profile)..........

BTW, Dyfrig, when you are cleaning windows I hope you don't use the same brush as you use to clean the Ship's lavs [Projectile]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ships don't have lavs they have heads.

Alexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scot:
quote:
if anyone of us was married to a power hungry, social climber like Hilary, who's to say that we would'nt have done the same?

... DO NOT project your inability (or Clinton's) to control yourself onto me.

Wait, Scot -- if he's attributing his and Clinton's inability to control himself to Hilary... and you're saying he's projecting it onto you... you don't mean to say that in real life, you're... you're... [Eek!]

David
just couldn't resist that one, but at least it's not yet another reference to you-know-what [Sunny]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alas, you've found me out, David. Be sure not to tell anyone. Oh wait...

scot

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oops! Sorry. [Smile] Fear not, though, ma'am -- you've still got my vote! [Wink]

David
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I do not like all this talk of Lifeman and Bill Clinton projecting things onto each other.

I just hope neither of them inhaled.

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

- Posted      Profile for Lifeman         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Arietty,

Further to your comment about inhalation, I've given some thought to my earlier comments about Bill Clinton and much register distaste about Mr
Clinton's use of a cigar with Monica. What I find particularly offensive is the type of cigar used.

One thing we Brits are very bad at making is cigars (generally machine-rolling cheap tobacco from Virginia and Honduras). Things like Benson and Hedges' Hamlets are best used for Mr Clinton's purposes but he reputably used a Cuban cigar (for all I know a Monte Christo No. 4!) and this I find both wasteful and thoroughly dispectful to what are the best cigars in the world.

I was surprised though that no one has seen fit to praise Mr Clinton for talents as a saxaphonist
(or to Erin, would that be 'sexophonist'?).

Lev
Shipmate
# 50

- Posted      Profile for Lev   Author's homepage   Email Lev   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I think Bill was a pretty good pres. I heard a speech he made last year that was very good. I didn't quite buy his arguments about the missile shield, but his thoughts on third world economies, and how to improve them were very positive.

His speech is here: The Struggle for the Soul of the 21st century

I can't quite remember how Eddie Izzard put it, but he made some balanced comments on the affair thing, running along the lines of: Stalin killed 20 million... Clinton had an affair. He could have done a lot worse.

....Lev

Posts: 304 | From: Brighton, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
King Raptor
Apprentice
# 1889

- Posted      Profile for King Raptor         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that, the Monica Lewinski affair apart, President Clinton was quite a good President who did his job well and, although he lied initially saiyng "I did not have sex with that woman" he confessed that he lied and his standing and public esteem was improved because of this.

I think only his wife should have sucked his penis, though. [Projectile]

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Arietty,

Further to your comment about inhalation, I've given some thought to my earlier comments about Bill Clinton and much register distaste about Mr
Clinton's use of a cigar with Monica. What I find particularly offensive is the type of cigar used.

One thing we Brits are very bad at making is cigars (generally machine-rolling cheap tobacco from Virginia and Honduras). Things like Benson and Hedges' Hamlets are best used for Mr Clinton's purposes but he reputably used a Cuban cigar (for all I know a Monte Christo No. 4!) and this I find both wasteful and thoroughly dispectful to what are the best cigars in the world.

I was surprised though that no one has seen fit to praise Mr Clinton for talents as a saxaphonist

{clap}

{clap}

{clap}

The world must be coming to an end. Lifeman's trying to be clever. Next thing you know, aliens will land and suck out his brain and the world will be a better place because they'll starve to death and leave the rest of us alone.

Smoke whatever you like, Lifeman, or stick it where the sun don't shine.

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Arietty,

{clap}

{clap}

{clap}

The world must be coming to an end. Lifeman's trying to be clever. Next thing you know, aliens will land and suck out his brain and the world will be a better place because they'll starve to death and leave the rest of us alone.

Smoke whatever you like, Lifeman, or stick it where the sun don't shine.

Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Tomb,

First of all may I wish you and all your fellow Americans a most excellent Independence Day.

Secondly, I aliens coming to earth to eat human brain.

You must have seen Peter Jackson's superlative comedy/horror 'Bad Taste'. My Congratulations on your good taste in watching such movies.

When are you next visiting the U.K?

Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Tomb,

There are some words missed out of the second sentence of my previous posting but I think you get the drift that I was interested in your comments in your own most recent posting about aliens coming to earth. [Smile]

King Raptor
Apprentice
# 1889

- Posted      Profile for King Raptor         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah yes, this thread truly has the stamp of the `Lifeman' upon it
Willyburger

Ship's barber
# 658

- Posted      Profile for Willyburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yea, well, this thread hit full-circle when lavs and heads came up. Right back to the OP.... [Roll Eyes]

Willy

--------------------
Willy, Unix Bigot, Esq.
--
Why is it that every time I go out to buy bookshelves, I come home with more books?

Posts: 835 | From: Arizona, US | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

quote:
Tomb,

There are some words missed out of the second sentence of my previous posting but I think you get the drift that I was interested in your comments in your own most recent posting about aliens coming to earth. [Smile]

Presumably, this was a reference to Lifeman's quotation:

quote:
Tomb,
First of all may I wish you and all your fellow Americans a most excellent Independence Day.
Secondly, I aliens coming to earth to eat human brain.

You must have seen Peter Jackson's superlative comedy/horror 'Bad Taste'. My Congratulations on your good taste in watching such movies.
When are you next visiting the U.K?

Well! Where to I begin?

First off, in reading you initial post, I just assumed the Aliens had begun vacuuming the verb-forming parts of your brain.

My mistake.

Alas.

Oh well.

Thank you for your 4th of July well-wishes. We spent it at our cabin near a small mountain town that had an absolutely splendid parade. The parade made up for its brevity by going around twice. Although we enjoyed it when the denizens of the local bar came by the second time throwing Jolly Rancher candy, the excitement paled somewhat when the entire congregation of the local community church motored by on a flatbed truck reprising "Shine, Jesus, Shine" out of tune.

More regrets: I have not seen the film you reference. It's probably too intellectual for me.

[ 07 July 2002, 23:22: Message edited by: tomb ]

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If memory serves me correctly the declaration of independence was made by congress was on the 2nd July 1776.
Why do the citizens of the US celebrate on the 4th July?

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

I do not remember the date that Richard Henry Lee of Virginia proposed and John Adams of Massachusetts seconded the resolution declaring the colonies free and independent states. However, the document drafted almost completely by Thomas Jefferson out of a committee composed of him and John Adams, Roger Sherman, and Robert Livingstone, was unanimously adoped on July 4, 1776, by the Second Continental Congress.

Fair copies were made showing that date.

[ 07 July 2002, 23:38: Message edited by: tomb ]

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The resolution declaring independence was adopted by the Continental Congress on July 2, 1776. The final version of the document now known as the "Declaration of Independence" was adopted on July 4, 1776. If I recall correctly, John Adams believed that the celebration should have been on July 2.

scot

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just read David McCullough's biography of John Adams - he did indeed originally expect the national day to be July 2, but had no problem showing up at July 4 celebrations. And plenty of Americans will already know this, but our friends might be interested to know that Adams and Jefferson both died on the 50th anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration - 4 July 1826.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
The parade made up for its brevity by going around twice. Although we enjoyed it when the denizens of the local bar came by the second time throwing Jolly Rancher candy, the excitement paled somewhat when the entire congregation of the local community church motored by on a flatbed truck reprising "Shine, Jesus, Shine" out of tune.

I wish I'd been there. [Sunny]

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Although we enjoyed it when the denizens of the local bar came by the second time throwing Jolly Rancher candy, the excitement paled somewhat when the entire congregation of the local community church motored by on a flatbed truck reprising "Shine, Jesus, Shine" out of tune.

Did you have no water pistols to hand? Shame on you! [Razz] [Snigger]

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
And plenty of Americans will already know this, but our friends might be interested to know that Adams and Jefferson both died on the 50th anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration - 4 July 1826.

I wish I could remember which one it was whose last words were "Thank God [the other one] still lives."

This is significant because at one time they were bitter political rivals.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was Adams; what he said was "Thomas Jefferson survives."

Which in fact wasn't true -- Jefferson had died a few hours earlier.

James Monroe (5th president under the current constitution) also died on the Fourth of July, although in 1831.

Reader Alexis

--------------------

Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Eveyone's gone off at tangents. I thought we were
discussing the pros and cons of Bill Clinton! [Frown]

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Why are we not surprised, Lifeman? [Roll Eyes]

Alexis

--------------------

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

quote:
Eveyone's gone off at tangents. I thought we were discussing the pros and cons of Bill Clinton! [Frown]

No, we're waiting for Pee-Pee the Lutheran to get drunk and post again.

In the meantime we're just messin' up his thread.

And, Lifeman, FWIW, Clinton isn't a con; he was acquited. But he is a pro.

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And, Lifeman, FWIW, Clinton isn't a con; he was acquited. But he is a pro.

Can I tell a really old joke? Can I, can I? Please?

Aw, thanks tomb [Smile]

If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress? [Wink]

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lifeboy, you come on down to Texas with me next time I go and we'll teach you a thang or two about moral authority. [Devil] [Snigger] [Razz]

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Thanks for the invite, Ultraspike. I'll keep you posted.
King Raptor
Apprentice
# 1889

quote:
Lifeboy, you come on down to Texas with me next time I go and we'll teach you a thang or two about moral authority.

Hey Spikeygurlie if Lifeboy ain't interested ah'll doggone come over from lil' ol' England, - Yeeeeeeeeeeehah! (Do you wear spurs, baby?)
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Make sure you spank her tight little ass whilst your're over there King Raptor; she deserves it.
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds like you two boys both need a good ass-kickin'. KR, I'll take you to the Broken Spoke and we'll see how much you like spurs. [Snigger]

--------------------

King Raptor
Apprentice
# 1889

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
King Raptor
Apprentice
# 1889

The broken spoke sounds like mah kinda place baby
good beer, good women and good ol' country buckin'
broncos [Snigger] [Help]

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

And I bet you'd fit right in, KR. Ever done any ropin' and ridin'? [Devil]

CM, I'm all over this one so just back off. [Snigger]

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

(uncontrollable snickering) [Snigger]

Well, I didn't say anything. [Roll Eyes]

Tsk, tsk. I go off to cavort in the woods with bears for four days and this is what you do... [Eek!]

... I should do this more often! [Snigger]

--------------------

babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
Tsk, tsk. I go off to cavort in the woods with bears for four days and this is what you do...

Any just what happened to my invitation?

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
antiutopia
Apprentice
# 2946

- Posted      Profile for antiutopia   Author's homepage   Email antiutopia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
well this has been one weird freaking thread.

I actually made it to Independence Hall for the 4th of July this year. It was a nice visit...came too close to the end of the day, and Colin Powell had been there to receive an award, so a good bit of it was cordoned off, but still...very nice. I saw a copy of the Magna Carta from 1297...eesh.

Anyway, Jefferson, I was told, submitted the draft of the Declaration July 2nd, but everyone spent two days editing it before a final version was drafted. I think the copy does indeed read July 4th. No one signed it at that time, and it wasn't read until July 8th, so the 4th seems like a pretty weird date...but that was the date on the document, I think.

And yes, racism in the north is every bit as bad as racism in the south. It's of a different kind, but it's certainly there...

Jim

--------------------
Check out my website at http://www.jamesrovira.20m.com

Posts: 33 | From: Madison, NJ | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
Tsk, tsk. I go off to cavort in the woods with bears for four days and this is what you do...

Any just what happened to my invitation?

bb

Ah, but as a babybear, you're underage for cavortin'. Let us know when you're 18, or 21, whichever is applicable in your area. [Wink]

David
needs to update his Bear Code

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As the fundiest person here, I wonder whether there is any future in dialectic with a person who, although they know how to use 'rebarbative' to engage my repellent attempts at wit, does not know what the singular of phenomena is, as in 'An especially common phenomena'.

I'm just an old Lancastrian with a 3rd me, that's what you get for allowing pebble dash, terraced, council house (project) kids in to grammar school. You have to go to Oxford to encounter the source of the phenomenon of rebarbative, anti-Catholic, fundamentalist, barbarism which I used to display as a kid. Now Cambridge ...

My favourite sesquipedalian word at the moment ... apart from that - is the awesomely onomatopoeic borborygmus.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hercule
Apprentice
# 2943

- Posted      Profile for Hercule   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Phenomenamus? Phoneme? Pheromone?
Posts: 49 | From: In transit | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

quote:
Originally posted by Hercule:
Phenomenamus? Phoneme? Pheromone?

My goodness, O ye of the unpronounceable Anglo-Saxon name/Pestilential Penitent:

I see you have changed your name yet again--as well as all your personal information (you misspelled "marketing" by the way).

Welcome back to the Ship after what we all sincerely hope as been a successful pupal metamorphosis into a person.

tomb

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016