homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Oh, I get it now (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Oh, I get it now
Clyde
Shipmate
# 752

- Posted      Profile for Clyde     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Spike Most helpful.
Regards

--------------------
I've not been on the ship for a long time. I'm very old now and don't like it when the sea gets rough.

Posts: 1279 | From: England. | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, they're all busy coming in their pants thinking they're so clever. It would nice if any one of them posted something REMOTELY interesting, but you can't have everything.

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh for crying out loud your all acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.

now come on, all of you, kiss and make up.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jean Michel:
Just because tombe is a feminine noun, that doesn't mean that my keyboard is effeminate. I still harbour suspicions that you are a secret romantic. Besides, Europe was here before you were born, so we don't have to play baseball. Perhaps you should learn how to play cricket, then emigrate to France to teach them all you know about our national sport.

tombe pisses on your keyboard and farts at your cricket and goes off to eat an heretick for lunch.

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kiss? How dare you make sexual advances at me! This is just harassment, pure and simple! I demand you apologize for everything you've ever posted, are about to post, or never even thought to post!

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just leave now and you won't get hurt.

And for any shit-for-brains who DARES to bring up that I left a word out on my previous post--let me tell you a little story. Far away, there's this magical place called REAL LIFE and it's full of people who have other things to do than put everything they type through a fuckin' Spellcheck. The End.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bel, You left a word out on your previous post....

Neil

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stoo:
Good God, we'll have the trekkies out soon.

[DISCLAIMER]
Just to be on the safe side...
I'm going on the assumption that this thread is for silly insults, with no genuine harm intended.
I suppose it's ironic that the guy whose favourite pastimes often involve the deliberate infliction of pain (drawing the line at genuine damage or blood) is trying to be as careful as he is. Then again, maybe not.

David
safe, sane and consensual orthodox guy
[/DISCLAIMER]

Where were we? Ah, Trekkies.

"Qu'vatlh guy'cha b'aka!"

David
non-Trekkie/Trekker/whatsis orthodox guy who really hopes he doesn't regret this, but golly gee whillickers, there is no Resources for Hell, there is only Zuul, so he might as well pepper his posts everywhere else with his magic links'o'doom, or something, as his sigs get longer and longer, bigger and uncut, oh baby, no wait, that was ripped off from South Park, can't use it, somebody stop me, no that's from the Mask, oops, bleah, blark, fnord, Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhlan, etc.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

That post was SO predictable. It's just sad, really.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
how dare you suggest that i would be remotly even interested in harrassing you, you, you, you.... ferret, you!!!!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
tombe pisses on your keyboard and farts at your cricket and goes off to eat an heretick for lunch.

tomb, if you farted at my cricket I'd be obliged to take it personally on the cricket's behalf. But I don't own one so you can't. Too bad.

Belisarius
# 32

So I cross-posted! Clean the drool off your pocket protector and deal!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nicolemrw:
how dare you suggest that i would be remotly even interested in harrassing you, you, you, you.... ferret, you!!!!

But I would be, Sieg!

Ahem! But I think you're taken anyway...

Where is St. Sebastian, anyway, with that adorable little goatee of his?

Oh, right, insults. Hmm. Not very good at this. If I hit on the straight male Shipmates it might creep them out just a tad. That would not be cricket, flatulent or otherwise.

Scarily, I've seen websites devoted to flatulence as a fetish, but perhaps that's just a tad too much information.

I'll stop now.

--------------------

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Belisarius:
So I cross-posted! Clean the drool off your pocket protector and deal!

That is so typical of you to cross post, I always knew your timing was awful.

Neil

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
...Oh, right, insults. Hmm. Not very good at this...

Then why the hell are you wasting our time???

Sheesh--here's a quarter, buy a clue.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

(No, really! It had this not-terribly attractive woman with a caption reading, "Are you man enough to... PULL MY FINGER?" And was wholly, albeit revoltingly, serious.)

(Run away now. Go on! Scat!)

"The pun... oh, the pun..."
--- not Deanna Troi

--------------------

Belisarius
# 32

As for you, Neil--I could Meow-Ffft right back at you, but I just won't for reasons you couldn't possibly understand.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

quote:
As for you, Neil--I could Meow-Ffft right back at you, but I just won't for reasons you couldn't possibly understand.

I could out-meow-Ffft you anyday!

Neil

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

quote:
Then why the hell are you wasting our time???

Because I'm sadistic.

"I guess you could call IT the Happiest Sadist. That's s-a-d-i-s-t, not s-a-d-d-e-s-t. Most people don't pronounce it correctly."
-- misremembered from A Wrinkle in Time

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If boring for America was an Olympic sport the selection committee would have the devil's own job choosing amongst you. What the hell are all these turgid, incomprehensible, culturally-referenced postings about?* I can't wait for these boards to be closed down so I can get a break from this stuff.

* Don't answer. I'm not interested in the explanation.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

quote:
Because I'm sadistic.

the trouble with you, chastmastr, is you think thats a good thing.

--------------------

Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

- Posted      Profile for Xavierite         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And the trouble with you, Nicole, is that you never know when to just SHUT UP.
Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
I can't wait for these boards to be closed down so I can get a break from this stuff.

Knock yourself out--you won't be missed.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Oh, and people who pride themselves on their catfighting skills have WAY too much time on their hands.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

quote:
And the trouble with you, Nicole, is that you never know when to just SHUT UP.

well ooohhh ooohhh ooohhhh.... if you don't llike the posts, just don't read 'em.

--------------------

Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

quote:
well ooohhh ooohhh ooohhhh.... if you don't llike the posts, just don't read 'em.

Oh, good idea. But wait - I've got a better one. Since your posts are all crap (and everyone hates you anyway), why don't you just not write them?

Yeah, Einstein, didn't think of that one, did ya?

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

oh yeah? well why don't you just shove it where the sun don't shine?

--------------------

Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, Frances, like I FRIGGIN' CARE whether you post or not, you are SO not on my FRIGGIN' RADAR I don't even know you exist let alone read your PATHETIC PUERILE FRIGGIN' DRIVEL.

Get a life.

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

quote:
the trouble with you, chastmastr, is you think thats a good thing.

... and?

--------------------

Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

Oh, what's this, then? Two little ladies trying to take on a man?

How S-C-A-R-Y.

Listen, when you've got the chromosomes which give you the tiniest chance of winning a contest with me in either brains or brawn, we'll talk again.

Until then, I can only suggest that those of the inferior sex contemplate the immortal words of Saint Paul:

"I do not permit a woman to teach
or to have authority over a man; she must be silent."

Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This thread makes such depressing reading having just posted the following press release on The Styx and released it to the world's media:

SHIP-OF-FOOLS SAILS THROUGH MILLION IN A MONTH MARK FOR FIRST TIME

Now I hope they don't find with this sad little corner of the site...

--------------------
'Now if you'll excuse me, I have to appear on a tortilla in Mexico...'
Jesus to Homer Simpson

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Knock yourself out--you won't be missed.

If I thought you'd miss me I'd be seriously worried.

blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
why not? they might be amused watching fx twitch as he dangles from the mizzenmast.
Posts: 1236 | From: usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

ya' know something, fx... all you men suffer from testosterone poisoning. makes you all unstable and irritable.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

It may not Be Fair of me to post here. I can take FX's sig more literally...

--------------
"I am proud of being fettered ... and enslaved ..."
-- G.K. Chesterton

I mean, how do you insult a guy who's into that sort of thing?

"You -- you top, you!"

"Oh, you cad! How could you? *sob!*"

Just doesn't work.

David
painting great big targets on himself

(And vaguely annoyed no one got his admittedly disgusting "scat" joke)

--------------------

Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Two little ladies trying to take on a man?

Where?

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

Well, methinks it's time for a signature change... and Chast, we all know that the only cad around here, when you really get down to it*, is you.

(*= All innuendo entirely intentional.)

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Of course, then I have to go and spoil it all by hugging everyone.

Sigh.

Hellish Hug Attack!

HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG!

Oh well.

--------------------

Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

Oh, good comeback, Arietty. Well worth the twenty minutes it took you to come up with it.

Pa-thet-ic.

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

quote:
Originally posted by Francis Xavier:
when you really get down to it*, is you.

(*= All innuendo entirely intentional.)

I think you mean go down, which admittedly I don't.

Pilot in crashing plane: "This bird's going down!"
Queer Duck: "Well, since you asked so nicely..."

But that's just a logical fellacy.

Queer Duck

--------------------

Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

That link doesn't work, you cad! I got:

quote:
We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States.

What kind of xenophobic, Americanocentric, patriotic-crypto-fascist crap are you trying to pull here, exactly?

(And btw, "get down to it" can be valid innuendo. A more general reference to sexual congress - unlike the rather specific "going down on" which you proposed as a correction.

So there.)

Dave Walker

Contributing Editor
# 14

- Posted      Profile for Dave Walker   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:
This thread makes such depressing reading having just posted the following press release on The Styx and released it to the world's media:

SHIP-OF-FOOLS SAILS THROUGH MILLION IN A MONTH MARK FOR FIRST TIME

Now I hope they don't find with this sad little corner of the site...

Can any of the rest of you read?

--------------------
Cartoon blog / @davewalker

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Whoa, that's irritating, and wholly unexpected. I didn't realise that Showtime blocked -- or even that it could block -- other countries from seeing parts of its site.

Hmmm.

Fortunately, I used my magic link-finding abilities to find a UK site which has it for you.

The one with that quote is Episode 9, by the way, "Wedding Bell Blues." One of the best ones.

Yes, Bi-Polar Bear is one of my favourites...

More info can be found at Cyber Cinema.

"Queer Duck! He's intellectual! Queer Duck! He's homosexual". Complete with catchy Top Cat style theme tune, the web's molliest mallard is back onscreen, debating with animal chums Openly Gaytor and Bi-Polar Bear whether he should come out to his parents. Nobody could ever take our hero for straight, so it all turns into a swishy funfest, with even closeted Oscar Wildecat considering his options : "If I came out, it would kill mother... I'll do it tonight". Spoilsports at Showtime.com will only allow US web users to access the rest of the series, so Cybercinema has helpfully dug up the following link from those nice people at Gay TV, for anyone who's keen for seconds. Bon appetit.

David
orthodox guy who forgot to include an insult this time, which is the greatest insult of all

he guesses

--------------------

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have nothing further to say. I won't be reading this thread any more and will not be posting again on the subject.
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
rest time

*Drinks anyone or some little intresting cheesy snacks with some special ones for the Vegans ah yes gluten free rice cakes over there.*

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Hugs for all, Vegans and otherwise.

David
really does love his Shipmates, with no irony at all
Off to watch Will and Grace with Joe and his Foster Uncle's partner

--------------------

Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, come come, Nightlamp.

a 'rest time'?

What do you think this is - a game?

If you can't take the heat...

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

...remove the red hot poker from your backside.
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really can't think of anything constructive to say on this subject so won't say anything and I won't be reading any more posts nor will i post further.
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's obviously all a conspiracy. There are too many secrets around here.
Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016