homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: The adventures of Sven the Moose (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: The adventures of Sven the Moose
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, dear Wood, the last three are mine. One is at my book publisher with a new friend he made, called "Roo", the kangaroo, and the last is with his Onkel and Tante from the old Norway. And you missed the one of Sven and I at work!

Mb

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tumbleweed
Shipmate
# 1340

- Posted      Profile for Tumbleweed   Email Tumbleweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They told me at the Post Office that (for reasons I don’t understand) priority mail is taking “3-7 days” to go from Hawai‘i to the US mainland so Sven might not make it until Monday.

As a warning: Sven was doing quite well for most of his visit. Since I didn’t have any alcohol around, he was getting dried out and aside from being irritable he wasn’t too much trouble.
Then my mother arrived (from Missouri) to visit me. Apparently my warnings to her about Sven and alcohol were not strong enough. Saturday evening while I was at work Sven talked her into taking him and Duckie out to get some drinks.
I came home to find Duckie passed out on top of the TV and Sven working on his fourth beer of the evening.
After that I wasn’t about to take him with me on a plane or to a hotel room with a bar. But the only way I could get him into the box so I could make my Monday morning flight was to stick in the last bottle of beer.
Sorry Tomb.

Posts: 199 | From: Land of Nod //USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This moose is going to require quite a bit of mountain life is he is to 'sorted' out. I suspect that it is all the decadence and glamour of world travel. Sven is probably better (and more cheaply)travelled than a lot of us.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Islandexile:
They told me at the Post Office that (for reasons I don’t understand) priority mail is taking “3-7 days” to go from Hawai‘i to the US mainland so Sven might not make it until Monday.

I can attest to this. I had occasion to order a couple of Hawaiian shirts online about 2 weeks back. They shipped a day later, and took a full week to arrive via Priority Mail.

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
I had occasion to order a couple of Hawaiian shirts online about 2 weeks back.

u needed two???

i mean, i thought one was bad enough...

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Siegfried,

Why the *hell* would anybody need even *one* Hawaiian shirt, let alone two? For heaven's sake, don't broadcast this sort of thing on the Internet. You never know who will be watching.

I am happy to report that Sven has arrived in Coloradooo. {hick} ooops. Shorry. A few too many oooos there. We schelebrated Skven's arrival.

Ackshully, Sven arrived while I was picking up shipmate Louise from the airport. My son called me on my mobile just as we were leaving the airport. Conversation went something like this:

"Hi, Dad!" {tentative voice}

"Hi, Mark. What's up?"

"Uh, well, this package was delivered. It's from Hawaii."

"Oh great! It's Sven the Moose!" (Louise begins to bray.)

Mark: "Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Sven. Sven the Moose. You know..."

"Uh, no." (When I got home, Mark confessed he was afraid someone was sending us Anthrax.)

My wife liked that idea. "First Tom Daschiel, then Tom Brokaw. Now my Tom. It's a Tom thing!"

(She doesn't respect me very much.)

Anyway, now that Sven is here, Mark is going to take him on his Colorado Mountain Club Wilderness Trekking School climb up Long Scraggy Peak. (It's too late in the season for a climb of a 14er like Bierstadt. Too much snow, though the Elk have finished rutting, thank God.)

In the meantime, Sven and I are hoping to take in a symposium that Louise is moderating on Scottish witches at the Denver Marriott and perhaps hear her paper on the Covenanters. I can hardly wait; Sven looks a little less enthusiastic, courtesy, no doubt, of the bottle of beer that was packed up with him. (Katie, it was empty, alas, when the box arrived.)

Louise, her friend Julian, and I all drank a Sapphire gin toast to Sven at the hotel before I had to leave. When I got home tonight (after spending the evening singing Palestrina), I protected Sven from the rest of the gin by putting it inside myself. It was a noble gesture I may regret latter.

Sven looks glum and exhausted. We must find some nice entertaining things to Cheer Him Up.

More later. I will break out the digital camera tomorrow and begin documenting Sven's Colorado adventures.

Yee haw!

tp,b

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dear tp,b, I am typing this very quitely.

I hope that you head has not fallen of in the middle of the night, and we all really appreciate your kindness is safeguarding the Bombay Saff. What a hero you are!

Please keep in touch abuot all Sven's adventures.

bb

p.s. You say your wife doesn't respect you, does your son? Or do you only get 'concerned looks' from him?

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{ooooohisdfaoighqwp4ih}

What head?

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

You can find out all about Sven's adventures in Coloradoo by clicking here.

We had a terrible quarrel this evening over gin. I got some; he didn't. He's dehydrated quite enough without the additional affect of alcohol at 6,000 ft.

I got a call today from City Hall. It seems they're all in a tizzy over a British Moose being in town. They had that local one come down from the mountains last week and
chase a cop.

It was terrible, and they don't want Sven going crazy on them, too. Livestock are so undependable these days.

Well, I explained to the cranky woman at the city that Sven was a Good Will Ambassador from the United Kingdom. She didn't believe me and said that someone would Be In Touch. It didn't exactly sound like the sort of "in touch" that greeting card companies advertise.

Pretty soon I had this good ole boy on my doorstep. "Ah hear you gotta Moose livin' wichyou." I just knew he had little piggy eyes behind those mirrored sunglasses.

"I have a moose visiting me," I replied.

"Ah gotta meet hiyum," the cop said.

So I invited him in, and he and Sven hit it off right away. "Ah need to have a little Prah-vut convursashun with mah good buddy here," said the cop.

"I don't think so," I replied hotly. "This is a British subject legally in this country!" (Just about then, I remembered that Sven had arrived in a Box and didn't have a passport. I wondered if I were harboring an Illegal Alien.)

And then I remembered from the Urban Myths thread that the British Royal Family were really 7-foot high lizards in disguise and I just knew my boat was sunk. What if Sven were one, too? What if all British were really lizards? We're having enough difficulty in this country being tolerant right now. I couldn't imagine the Powers that Be putting up with any more fuss.

The cop insisted on having "a littul tawk" with Sven, so I left the room for a while. When I came back, the cop was flushed with excitement and said that he was going to (actually, he said "gonna") recommend that Sven be given the keys to the city and have a special (speshul) sign erected in his honor.

I'll believe it when I see it. The cop finally left, and Sven was quiet for the rest of the day (except for getting in a snit when he didn't get any gin). He refused to tell me what had gone on in the conversation.

If the rest of the week is like this, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm meeting entirely too many peculiar neighbors.

tomb

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE WITH SVEN?

While he was here, he was a perfect gentlemoose! Had not one drink and loved meeting all kinds of new people-THEN, he travels to California and Colorado and he becomes a changed moose!

A totally incredulous Motherboard

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

quote:

How'ya gonna keep 'em
Down on the farm
After they've seen Paree?

How'ya gonna keep 'em
Away from Broadway
Prancin' around
And paintin' the town?

How'ya gonna keep 'em
Away from harm?
That's the mystery....

Dana, that song was written right after WWI. To quote the Preacher, "there's nothing new under the sun."

Poor Sven. He'll find his true Moose one of these days.

tomb

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

quote:

How'ya gonna keep 'em
Down on the farm
After they've seen Paree?

How'ya gonna keep 'em
Away from Broadway
Prancin' around
And paintin' the town?

How'ya gonna keep 'em
Away from harm?
That's the mystery....

Dana, that song was written right after WWI. To quote the Preacher, "there's nothing new under the sun."

Poor Sven. He'll find his true Moose one of these days.

tomb

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

I did not do *anything* to make that post twice.

It's a lizard conspiracy.

Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
Why the *hell* would anybody need even *one* Hawaiian shirt, let alone two? For heaven's sake, don't broadcast this sort of thing on the Internet. You never know who will be watching.

To wear with my ferret fursuit, of course!

Btw, I notice Sven is now sporting a rather nice lei. What other goodies has he acquired since he left the Bay Area? Does he still have his coyote mask?

Sieg

babybear
# 34

from weird to totally weird!

Seig, don't tell us any more, please.

bb

Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
SIEG!! YOU DRESS UP AS A FERRET IN A HAWAIIAN SHIRT!!

Err. sorry. Got a bit

Anyway, noticed Sven has yet another different T-Shirt and a hawaiian flower garland this time. Blimey.

Tomb, Sieg, I was having a bad day, but frankly, this has just made it

By the way, Islandexile... you got any pictures?

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
kirsten
Shipmate
# 26

- Posted      Profile for kirsten   Email kirsten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. I didn't think I could love any furry mammal more than Sven, the moose with the Midas touch, the Adonis with Antlers. Then I took a gander at that steamy ferret in the Hawaiian shirt.

I am personally overwhelmed.

Posts: 108 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

tomb will pass in silence over Sieg's furry proclivities. He has enough troubles of his own right now. Of course, it could be worse; it could be a golf shirt....

Well, Sven has survived his second day in Colorado.

The above link is to Sven's Colorado Adventures home page, and it will take you to his Day Two adventures if you scroll down and hit the link.

There is a lurid subtext to all this, but quite frankly, I'm too tired to try to sort it out right now.

Off to a meeting (and some rest) for me!

tomb

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
you know, i am getting rather worried about sven, what with all the reports of his drinking. i think i shall have to see if i can prevail on him to try a 12-step meeting while he is with me.

any idea when that might be?

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tomb, I don't suppose Sven would like a ride on my scooter. I don't have any leather accessories, but I do have a fringed tee shirt from Sturgis.

Sieg, before you come out this way in July, let me just tell you that we have a dog.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

Oooh. That might be nice for him. He seems lethargic today.

If we can manage to get together with Louise for dinner, we will certainly bring Sven.

Of course, if it's snowing, I suppose all bets are off....

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

Well, Louise called me on my cell phone this evening when I was drinking India Pale Ale at the Golden City Brewery. I couldn't understand her Scottish accent, and I had to walk into the alley before it was quiet enough that I could figure out who it was calling me! Funny how close a Scots accent is to esperanto when you're drinking beer outside.

Anyway, Renee, I've PMd and e-mailed you that I'm picking up Louise and Julian Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at their hotel. If I hear from you before then, and you're amenable, we'll head up the freeway in your direction. If you're silent, Julie and I will take them to El Rancho for prime rib and a view of the Continental Divide. Mark is taking Sven climbing tomorrow (in hopes of coaxing him out of his Moosefunk). If the two of them are back in time, we'll feed them beef too.

Renee: call me on my cell phone. You have the number. I'll be practicing, but I'll have the phone on "vibrate" so I'll take the call even in the midst of Bach or Verlain.

tomb

Tumbleweed
Shipmate
# 1340

- Posted      Profile for Tumbleweed   Email Tumbleweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad to know that the Post Office didn't loose the little guy.

I do have pictures. I hope to get them scanned in the next week or so.

I wanted to get Sven a little Hawaii print shirt to wear, but I couldn't find one. Instead he settled for the USS Missouri souvenir shirt.

(The lei around his neck is a traditional Hawaii thing, given to guests when they arrive, to celebrate a birthday, for lu‘aus (parties on the beach frequently featuring roast pig and hula dancing) and for almost any other occasion (and worn by both males and females).)

Aside from a few postcards I don't think he picked up anything else while he was here.

kirsten
Shipmate
# 26

- Posted      Profile for kirsten   Email kirsten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cool! Sven got lei'd in Hawaii!!!
Posts: 108 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*groan*

Puns like that make life worthwhile.

Tomb, let us know when you feel like sending Sven on, and I'll mail you JB's address.

--------------------
Narcissism.

JB*

Horse marine
# 396

- Posted      Profile for JB*         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If Tomb can stand the hectic social round until I get home from Washington (now scheduled 11/5), I can offer to drive up for a Colorado Moose Toss (and India Pale Ale...).

--------------------
You live, you learn. You learn, you live.

Posts: 1011 | From: State of Amazement and Delight | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
JB*

Horse marine
# 396

- Posted      Profile for JB*         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am still stuck in Washington, until 11/12, with no access to my e-mail at home. Is there a moose in my mailbox? If so, I will free him about midnight on Monday.

--------------------
You live, you learn. You learn, you live.

Posts: 1011 | From: State of Amazement and Delight | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Sven-fanatics,

I'll be off to live in Hamburg (work reasons) by the end of the year so I'll have to, sadly, relinquish my position on the rota of Sven's alcholic tours of the world.

Keep the stories coming; they're a riot.

Admiral H.

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sara
Apprentice
# 1630

- Posted      Profile for Sara   Email Sara   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, can Sven make one more stop in the States befor heading overseas?

--------------------
"Never be afraid to try something new. After all, amateurs built the Ark, but professionals built the Titanic."

Posts: 5 | From: Woodstock, Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
# 7

Certainly.

After all, after various lysergic trips (er, journeys I mean), Sven could certainly do with a visit to Woodstock!

--------------------
Narcissism.

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

I can't believe it.

I can't believe it.

I can't BELIEVE IT!

Sven has run away.

He's been mopy these past few days, but I though it was just trying to adjust to the altitude and recovering from his 20 mile hike up Long Scraggy Peak. And my son tried to teach him to Ice Climb. You ever see a moose with crampons?

And I must admit that the Bible study, not to mention the tapes that I lent him, did not go over well.

Then I confided to him the other day that I was going to be sending him on to JB very soon, because I was going to be leaving for Rome. He got very excited.

"Take me with you," he said.

I snorted. "I'm not even taking my wife. I'm certainly not taking you."

He almost sobbed. "Oh you must take me! I suppose you're going to see the Pope?"

"Well, yes. Part of the plan is to have an audience with His Holiness."

"Well," said Sven, "I want to get blessed by the Pope."

"Oh, Sven," I said, "that's impossible. It would be terribly embarassing to whip you out of my pocket, dressed in a lei, a USS Missouri shirt, and a mask, and ask the Pope to put some juju on you.

"Besides, Wood's a Baptist. It would be a terrible scandal to have you show up back in Swansea having converted to the One True Church."

Sven pouted. "I promise I won't tell him if you don't. I won't pray rosary beads or anything like that. I'll count rocks instead."

"That's hardly the point," I replied.

"I need to find my true Moose. I need to become self-actualized."

"Wherever did you learn a term like "self-actualization?" I asked. "Certainly not in this anglo-catholic household.

He leaned over and whispered to me, "I've been reading things."

"What things?" I whispered back.

"Oh, just things," he said. End of confidences.

"Well, anyway, my wife is sending you priority mail to New Mexico on Monday," I said.

"Omighosh," he said, "not another friggin' foreign country."

"New Mexico is part of the United States of America," I replied with some acerbity.

"Do they have weird water there? I don't think I could stand any more weird water."

"It's just like water in Colorado," I said. "You adjusted to that well enough after those two Unpleasant Incidents."

Sven hung his head, and his antlers scraped the antique furniture. "I'm still embarassed about that. You brought it up to make me feel bad."

"I did no such thing. I meant it as encouragement."

"Well, I'm not encouraged," he snarled. I was surprised that ungulates could snarl. "You're denying me the possibility of personal development."

"Sven," I sighed, "If you're set on becoming a Roman Catholic moose, you don't need to go to Rome to convert. Any priest will be able to help you."

"Who said anything about becoming Roman Catholic?" he snorted. "I just want to get blessed?"

"I don't understand," I said.

"Well," he explained slowly, as if I were a slow child, "If the Pope lays some juju on me, then Wood can set me up on the mantle with a yellow votive candle burning next to me. Yellow's the papal color, you know."

"I know," I said.

"Then, he can charge people a quid to come see me and be close to my holiness. It will be a great boost to Wood's exchequer."

"Now I know I'm not taking you to Rome. You're nothing but a simoniac."

"Oh, not at all. I prefer female moose."

Well, the conversation degenerated after that and endedup with a blazing row.

This morning, Sven was gone.

And so was the gin.

I am devastated.

I only hope he's all right. He's cute, in spite of his problems.

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a missed call on my mobile from Sven, but he left no message

Tomb, I hold you responsible for his well being.

Go forth and FIND THAT MOOSE!

Neil

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tumbleweed
Shipmate
# 1340

Milkman-
Did you get the Sven pics from Hawaii?
I sent them last week to the sventhemoose@btinternet.com address.

Wood
# 7

quote:
Originally posted by Islandexile:
Milkman-
Did you get the Sven pics from Hawaii?
I sent them last week to the sventhemoose@btinternet.com address.

I did... but I've been away for the last week. Promise I'll get them up in the next 24 hours.

Err, tomb? Have you gone and lost my moose?

--------------------
Narcissism.

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

Oh, dear, Wood.

As far as I know, your Moosie is fine. There wasn't that much gin left (I had drunk most of it), so I can't imagine that he's lying passed out in a ditch. Even with the mile-high altitude here, Sven tolerates the juice pretty well.

It's just that he isn't *here.* I feel sure, however, that he will come back once he's over his Moosesnit.

tomb

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
prehaps sven is on a bender?

or prehaps he's hit his rockbottom and has checked himself into a rehab....

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

Oh dear! Tomb, you don't think he's gone off to a monastary or something, do you?

Sieg

Reepicheep
BANNED
# 60

- Posted      Profile for Reepicheep         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think getting lei'd has gone to his furry head.

And I have this horrible feeling that something spooky is going on. Some Psycho has Sven.

Angel

Wood
# 7

I couldn't possibly imagine who's responsible for this.

Anyway, here's a picture of Sven in Hawaii, and here's another one...and this is a third.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Wood
# 7

My worst fears have been realised. Sven, it appears, has gone to LA.

He may be in trouble...

--------------------
Narcissism.

babybear
# 34

Has Mr T Moose changed his name? The moose in the last picture has been named as "Sven Golly", with a cancelled o.

bb

Wood
# 7

I think it's because he's travelling incognito...

--------------------
Narcissism.

babybear
# 34

I found the loveliest thing yesterday. It was a bear dresses up as a moose. It was carrying a little box of jellybeans (red and green).

Made me wonder where Sven would be for Christmas.

bb

Wood
# 7

More of Sven's adventures, and other, really weird stuff, at MissMonica.org

--------------------
Narcissism.

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

Well. I'm back.

After a week eating my way through Italy and making the country safe for American choirs, I logged on in hopes that the dear, dear moose would have appeared and forgiven me.

But I must say, I am SHOCKED. SHOCKED do you hear?

I'm sitting in front of my computer, jet-lagged out of my mind and weeping, weeping for the moose.

And might I interject a bitter complaint--hellish though it might be--against Gatwick Airport--undoubtedly the Last Place God Made? And if the Almighty ever needs to give the world an enema, I know where He will Stick The Hose.

But end of rant. I'm just so worried since Sven has fallen in among undesireable company. And I feel so guilty (I've been in a catholic country, and it's rubbed off). What if I were the one who sent Sven over the edge.

I really thought he'd be moved by Jonathan Edwards' "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God."

How was I to know?

tomb

Wood
# 7

Shocked? You don't know the half of it.

Now he's gone and got married!

--------------------
Narcissism.

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

I am devastated.

I must not have taken him climbing enough.

T

Wood
# 7

It gets worse! He's just been arrested!

--------------------
Narcissism.

Wood
# 7

And now it gets worse. Where am I going to find $2500 bail?

--------------------
Narcissism.

Wood
# 7

...and again: Sven's psychiatric evaluation hearing.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016