homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: What the world needs now is.... ME! to be its moral and theological guardian (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: What the world needs now is.... ME! to be its moral and theological guardian
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Whazzits:

I have received your first check by registered international post. Thank you very much for your promptness. At your earliest possible convenience, please fax the pertinent pages from your ledger. It's not that I don't trust you, it's merely that I don't trust you.

By the way, you have the handwriting of a sociopath. Just thought you should know.

Also, next time please convert all amounts from Sterling to US$. I prefer not to deal with odd money.

tomb
your landlord

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Thanks, that was as clear as mud. Next time I have a really pressing question that I want answered clearly, I will call an ambulance (Rev.G.Ambulance to be precise.........)

And was Rev. Amby any more helpful to you? BTW, where has that charlatan gotten to? I guess fame has turned his head away from his poor deserted flock. Well, as Mae West would say, they come and they go, they go and they come, and always too soon. [Disappointed]

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, Blue. Dear little Blue. Blue, Blue, Blue, Blue, Blue.

No comment.

If you aren't execessively nice to be, Mr b, your next payment will be in that oh-so-credible currency, the Euro.

duchess - you learn quick.

Chorister, let me try and make this simple. As the Prophet said, "In the middle of the night, by the river of dreams, we didn't start the fire, but it's still rock and roll to me that I'm in love with an innocent man."

As for Shambulance, may his time at Canterbury be one of pestilence, plague and humorously shaped boils on his nether regions.

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If you aren't execessively nice to be, Mr b, your next payment will be in that oh-so-credible currency, the Euro.
I'll be excessively nice to you as long as you keep your account current. Thanks eversomuch for understanding.
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Ultra confused]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really am surprised. It takes gin to tomb mellow, and now it seems, oodles of cash to make him polite.

My Lord Dyfrig, your Grace of Whatzzits, what would it take to make tomb smile or sing a happy tune?

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

I'll never tell you, you moldy thing.
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
what would it take to make tomb smile or sing a happy tune?
Enough concubines to make Mousethief jealous?

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Louise:
quote:
But I don't desire any concubines.

Reader Alexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
I'll never tell you, you moldy thing.

Such blatant anti-mammalianism! May all your gin evaporate, and may all your money be fool's gold.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
quote:
Originally posted by Louise:
quote:
But I don't desire any concubines.

Reader Alexis

That's because you don't live in the OT time zone
she says smugly.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
I really am surprised. It takes gin to tomb mellow, and now it seems, oodles of cash to make him polite.

I think, bb, that you are finally understanding how the Anglican Communion works, particularly the Anglo-Catholic bit of it.
quote:

My Lord Dyfrig, your Grace of Whatzzits, what would it take to make tomb smile or sing a happy tune?

Quite simple - by pushing this thread to the top of the page with gratuitous attacks on fellow Christians.

--------------------

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, you!

I've decided to nuke the entire world next weekend, just because. I'm taking a group of sycophants; witty, urbane types; and some people I laughingly call friends with me to the moon, to watch the firework display. We'll live up there for a bit, then come back to earth when the nuclear whassits have stopped being deadly.

1. Do you want a seat on the rocket?
  2. Is there any good* reason why I shouldn't do this?
Viki

*Human life is sacred, or Killing everyone is a sin do not fall into the category of good reasons. Sez me.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't nuke the world.

It's where I keep all my stuff.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Sarkycow,

It's been tried before. You'll be thwarted at the eleventh hour by James Bond/Dr Who/Hong Kong Phooey.

Anyway, you're no rocket scientist. [Devil]

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

quote:
Originally posted by sarkycow:
Yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah

My dearingest, darlingest, Sarktoria,

There are many people on the Ship who consider you to be an interesting and knowledgeable contributor whose posts are always worth reading.

I suggest you go and talk to them instead.

Yours etc.

--------------------

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Most Esteemed Dyfrig,
Would it be within your Churchly powers to somehow enter the minds of all these "god-fearing" politicians around the world and set them straight?
Your Humble Servant,

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
somehow enter the minds of all these "god-fearing" politicians around the world and set them straight?

A most interesting question (take note, everybody else).

There is a slight practical problem. The minds of the leaders to whom you refer already appear to be oocupied by 12-foot lizards and the Bildeberg Group (apart from Dweezil Bush, whose mind can only contain a small pretzel, and Tea-Towel Head in Ramallah, whose marbles have been away from home longer than the ones nicked by Lord Elgin).

I was speaking to my colleague, The Controller of World Affairs (Mr Arthur Ploxstead of 23 Snetterton Way, Smegma, Gloucestershire) the other day and he says the only way things are going to change is through the mass introduction of the Tetley's "pyramidical" teabag. But Arthur always was slightly odd, to say the least. He will never get the time machine to work - firstly his shed isn't big enough and anyway the Council will never let him install a plutonium reactor in conservation area.

Er, .... sorry, I don't think I should have told you that.

Anyway, my advice is clear - bathe every day and tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree. If in doubt, press # on your telephone keypad and help will be provided as soon as one of our operatives stops playing "Air on a G String" on the Bontempi organ.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016