homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Don't come to my church because ......... (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Don't come to my church because .........
Pulsator Organorum Ineptus
Shipmate
# 2515

- Posted      Profile for Pulsator Organorum Ineptus   Email Pulsator Organorum Ineptus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Surely a much more interesting thread [Big Grin]

Reasons at my church include:

• The verger will explain to you at some length how everything was done so much better in her previous post at ****** Cathedral
  • The local youths will break into your car during the service
  • The Scott restoration of the 1860's has left the interior look like a cave
  • The lighting would be more in keeping in a foundry
  • It still hasn't fully recovered from the disappointment of narrowly failing to be selected as the seat of a new dioscese over a century ago
Notwithstanding all of the above, its a great place - honest!

[ 10. March 2003, 01:05: Message edited by: Erin ]

Posts: 695 | From: Bronteland | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
....because you will be kidnapped and never allowed to leave!

(and if you can sing you will be press ganged into the choir and also never allowed to leave)

[Help] this chorister is being held prisoner inside a choir vestry

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
DCTMCB we have action songs, and half the adults join in!

A Hell-bound thread, methinks? Sorry Pyx_e [Wink]

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dctmcb I go there and I'd spoil it for you [Frown] [Paranoid]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dctmcb you'll get roped in to one of the many rotas before you can blink [Wink]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief

Ship's pirate
# 2049

- Posted      Profile for JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dctmcb you'll be asked to sit near the front.

--------------------
Written from my alternative universe.

Posts: 1101 | From: East Anglia in the UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dctmcb we are full up and there are no spare seats.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dctmcb we'll make you stand for the service, make you sneeze with the incense, and probably confuse the heck out of you with the convoluted order of worship. Plus it's getting awfully crowded and all the visitors tend to plaster along the rear wall, and the air gets very close.

Reader ALexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Qestia

Marshwiggle
# 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
DCTMCB we'll embarass you by asking everyone visiting our church for the first time to stand and "be welcomed".

--------------------
I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t an Aslan to lead it.
I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gabe
Shipmate
# 540

- Posted      Profile for Gabe   Email Gabe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
DCTMCB we don't like your kind. Whatever your kind is. [Mad]
Posts: 242 | From: NC, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
DCTMCB if you pick the wrong week you'll see me leading the first half of the service. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
DCTMCB the man at the door has a very firm handshake, and you'll spend the rest of the service nursing swollen fingers

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
DCTMCB you could well have a devastating effect on the mean average age of the congregation!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dctmc because it is actually a hospital chapel, so if I saw you there, I would assume you were either sick or having a baby.... and be real nice to you!

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sigmund
Shipmate
# 3002

- Posted      Profile for Sigmund     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dctmcb every time our pipe organ is played (only on "significant occasions") it blacks out a five mile area and the congregation go round saying "pardon?" for days afterwards like it's a hip Christian new thang, man.

--------------------
We have no money so we shall have to think.
Rutherford

Posts: 212 | From: somewhere in England | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Katie H. L.
Shipmate
# 1996

- Posted      Profile for Katie H. L.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dctmcb
  • we'll make you dance
  • the deacons wear tie-dyed vestments
  • lots of hugging
  • pressure to do lots of things
  • you're probably not cool enough [Wink]
Katie

--------------------
Katie L. just using her middle initial for a while.

Posts: 606 | From: San Francisco, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
DCTMC because:

Church A
  • You will have to listen to discordant 20th century Organ voluntaries. [Projectile]
  • You will have to listen to sermons that try to be accessible by including precis of the current films/books. [Mad]
  • The Dean will tell you there is no 2nd coming. [Waterworks]
  • The Archbishop will tell you Jesus did not die in our stead. But on our behalf.
  • The celebrant will keep saying 'griev-i-ous' instead of 'grievous' in 1662 BCP. [Paranoid]
Church B [list]
  • You will be surrounded by sexual minorities and transsexuals. But this may be a good thing.
  • You will have to say 'Our Mother' as well as 'Our Father' in the 'Our Father'. [Puke]
  • You will have to cope with pita bread that leaves sandy bits of Our Lord on your hands.
  • You will have to hold hands during the prayers. [Puke]
  • Someone might be tapping drums or clicking hare krishna castanets. [Puke]
  • You will have to use the 'Gather' or 'Together in Song' hymnbooks. [Puke]
    Even so, the reasons we bond to churches are myriad and beyond comprehension.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
  • Nunc Dimittis
    Seamstress of Sound
    # 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DTCMCB you will be press ganged into the choir if you can sing, esp if you happen to be male.

Failing this, if you are under 30 you will be pressganged into being a server/reader/intercessor. If you are extraordinarily unfortunate, and happen to be young and vibrant you will be voted onto the parish council.

Should mention that we have stacks of incense too...

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Chorister

Completely Frocked
    # 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    Hey Nunc, hands off that new chorister, we got to him first!

--------------------

sakura
    Shipmate
    # 1449

- Posted      Profile for sakura     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DCTMCB we serve gherkin canapes and stale biscuits.

--------------------
    Keep me as the apple of Your eye.
    Hide me under the shadow of Your wings.

Posts: 478 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
    # 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    Dctmc because:

• You'll be told (not asked) to turn to the person next to you and tell them something banal
    • You'll be asked to stand up if you give 10 percent of your income to the church, and then if you remain sitting, you will be publically told in front of everyone that you should start actually doing what the Bible says
    • At the tailend of an interminable, rambling, and exegesis-free discourse on "The Thoughts That Popped Into My Head Direct From The Holy Spirit And Should Therefore Be Obeyed By You Lot", you will be asked to form a circle with four complete strangers, tell them deeply personal things about yourself, and have manipulative prayer directed at you. Failure to participate will make you stand out like a sore thumb...
    • Unless you are periodically waving your hands in the air and shuffling from one foot to another, the worship leader will pause after the ninth rendition of "Take Us To The River" to solomnly share the revelation that God has vouchsafed to him that "There Are People Here Today Who Have Not Been Released Into The Joy That Is Freedom In Worship", harangue the congregation for their hardness of heart for ten minutes, and then fix a beady eye upon you for the next twenty-seven repetitions. Woe betide you if you don't make like the Green Goddess on fast-forward...
    • If you hang around for 17 years and then inform the leadership that you'd like to take some time out to get more perspective, there is every chance that you will be told "If you are not with us, you're against us". And all the home group leaders will be told that you have left (although you are unaware of the fact.
    Still my church? I thought that it was. But it seems that I am in a minority of 0.25...

--------------------
    "...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Chorister

Completely Frocked
    # 473

If that really is your church H&E, then you poor thing. However did you manage to remain sane?

On second thoughts, having just visited your profile, I think I have the answer to that question........

(Runs and hides from madpig)

--------------------

Olorin
    Shipmate
    # 2010

- Posted      Profile for Olorin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    H&E: they do say that the church gets the peope it deserves, and clearly they deserve you - poor things. [Big Grin]

--------------------
    I wrestled with God, and lost by two falls & a submission.

Posts: 390 | From: Hammersmith, London | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
    # 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    All right - who are "they"? Names and addresses please. Now.

And I must warn you that I have a black belt in origami...

--------------------
    "...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
    birdie

fowl
    # 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ham'n'Eggs:
    Dctmc because:
  • If you hang around for 17 years and then inform the leadership that you'd like to take some time out to get more perspective, there is every chance that you will be told "If you are not with us, you're against us". And all the home group leaders will be told that you have left (although you are unaware of the fact.

• ooooohhhh [Flaming] [Flaming] [Mad] [Flaming] [Flaming] that makes me cross!

much sympathy.

bird

--------------------
    "Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
    Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
    Traveller
    Shipmate
    # 1943

- Posted      Profile for Traveller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DCTMC because... the Treasurer has just died after 20 years service and anyone who can add 2 and 2 to come up with anything close to 4 is in line for being press ganged into the post.

[Frown]

(Sounds of car engine revving and squeal of tyres...)

--------------------
    I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live:
    I will praise my God while I have my being.
    Psalm 104 v.33

Posts: 1037 | From: Wherever the car has stopped at the moment! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Sarkycow
    La belle Dame sans merci
    # 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    quote:
    Originally posted by Traveller:
    DCTMC because... the Treasurer has just died after 20 years service and anyone who can add 2 and 2 to come up with anything close to 4 is in line for being press ganged into the post.

[Frown]

(Sounds of car engine revving and squeal of tyres...)

Just tell them you can't count to 21 without getting nekkid!! [Big Grin] [Snigger] [Big Grin]

Viki

--------------------
    “Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Alaric the Goth
    Shipmate
    # 511

- Posted      Profile for Alaric the Goth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DCTMCB:
    - there are no hymn/songbooks, all the words to choruses (and the occasional hymn) appearing on the overhead projector, so if you sit too far back, you won't be able to read:
    'And in His presence, our problems disappear'...

- you will go to sleep if one of the regular preachers preaches (a really nice chap, and v. sound, but.. zzzz)
    - you will (very occasionally) get me [Eek!] preaching (if you go in the evening)
    - the signboard outside has dreadful puns on topical themes (World Cup references to saving, goals in llife etc.)

--------------------
    'Angels and demons dancing in my head,
    Lunatics and monsters underneath my bed' ('Totem', Rush)

Posts: 3322 | From: West Thriding | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Chorister

Completely Frocked
    # 473

DCTMC........ because the one down the road is much better, more exciting, has younger people, has better parties.......

--------------------

Nightlamp
    Shipmate
    # 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    On the TICT thread this was found.

quote:
    TICTH the crushing irony of finally starting a thread that may make more than 12 posts to have its theme hijacked and another anti-thread started which is much better and funnier than my thread but should be in Hell but I can’t say so because I have recently posted to the effect that shipmates should not post about threads that should be moved
    On behalf of this proud member of the community, who I will not name, because I am nice I request that this thread be moved to hell.

--------------------
    I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Viola
    Administrator
    # 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    Oooh - go on then....

Thread moved!

--------------------
    "If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
    # 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    doffs his jingly cap to Nightlamp.

DCTMCB ...... if you ask "where's the church?" no one could tell you but if you ask "where's the fire station ?" they would tell you and you would find our church

P

--------------------
    It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
    The Midge
    Shipmate
    # 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    quote:
    Originally posted by Chapelhead:
    DCTMCB if you pick the wrong week you'll see me leading the first half of the service. [Embarrassed]

Tell us where it is and we promise not to mystery worship [Big Grin]

[Someone else's personal information deleted]

DCTMC because my Kids will use you as a climbing frame.

[ 18 July 2002, 00:02: Message edited by: RuthW ]

--------------------
    Some days you are the fly.
    On other days you are the windscreen.

tomb
    Shipmate
    # 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DCTMCB:

I will be there.

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
    # 629

[personal information deleted]

[ 18 July 2002, 00:04: Message edited by: RuthW ]

--------------------

Aardvark
    Shipmate
    # 2295

- Posted      Profile for Aardvark   Email Aardvark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DCTMCB the vicar will immediately home in on you at the end of the service despite your attempts to slip surreptitiously out of the door and as he warmly shakes your hand, he will bellow, "So where are you right now in your walk with the Lord?..." [Embarrassed]

--------------------
    ...a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Browning

Posts: 618 | From: just outside the M25 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
    Qestia

Marshwiggle
    # 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    Mmm--now that this is in hell I'll share another. Not *my* church but something I experienced visiting another:

DCTMCB on the Sunday closest to Mother's Day because we will be displaying humungous posters of aborted fetuses.

I fear this mave have taken some of the humor out of this thread.

--------------------
    I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t an Aslan to lead it.
    I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Sigmund
    Shipmate
    # 3002

- Posted      Profile for Sigmund     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    dctmcb we will patronise "third world" continents by saying we will send out people to tell them about God. My experience is that Africa is a much more Christian place than Britain and we should be "the Mission field" but you seem to be only able to get 19c attitudes from a 19c building.

Who do we think we are sitting in a church built on money ripped off from our occupation of those countries we now want to lead to the Lord?! [Mad] [Puke] Sorry, it just really gets me. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
    Rutherford

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
    # 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DCTMCB you're running from something in yours. We have too many of those already.

Reader Alexis

--------------------

tomb
    Shipmate
    # 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    Oooo! Ouch!

And I bet most of 'em are Episcopalians.

[ 16 July 2002, 23:12: Message edited by: tomb ]

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
    # 953

quote:
    Originally posted by tomb:
    And I bet most of 'em are Episcopalians.

I fear you are correct.

Reader Alexis

--------------------

tomb
    Shipmate
    # 174

And lemme guess:

Most of them wish the Orthodox Church would become more like what they wish the Episcopal church were--as opposed to becoming more Orthodox themselves.

Arrietty

Ship's borrower
    # 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DCTMCB

It's a prison Chapel and everyone will notice you and ask you minute details about your personal life which you will answer because you feel embarassed about appearing uncommunicative.

You will then suffer agonies about whether you have a) been too distant and 'unchristian' b) encouraged people to burgle you next time you are away.

--------------------
    i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Tea Monkey
    Apprentice
    # 2942

- Posted      Profile for Tea Monkey   Email Tea Monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DCTMCB

The perfume worn by some members causes blurred vision and shortness of breath in people with sensitive noses.

And based on a past experience, DCTMCB one individual uses the period for expressing joys and concerns as an opportunity to criticize others. [Flaming]

--------------------
    All this he saw, for one moment breathless and intense, vivid on the morning sky; and still, as he looked, he lived; and still, as he lived, he wondered.

The Wind in the Willows

Posts: 4 | From: Appalachia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
    simon 2
    Shipmate
    # 1524

- Posted      Profile for simon 2     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DCTMCB

It's perfect and you'll only screw it up for everybody else.

--------------------
    sorry for my spelling and bad gramma

Posts: 495 | From: in a forest | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Miffy

Ship's elephant
    # 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    The Coot and Ham n'Eggs:

You two have given me the best laugh I've had in years! [Sunny] [Happy] [Big Grin]

--------------------
    "I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
    Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
    dyfrig
    Blue Scarfed Menace
    # 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    DCTMCB because I don't want you to come to my church, is that clear?

--------------------
    "He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Snow White
    Apprentice
    # 2390

- Posted      Profile for Snow White         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    quote:
    DCTMCB ...... if you ask "where's the church?" no one could tell you but if you ask "where's the fire station ?" they would tell you and you would find our church
    Oooh - Pyx_e. I think I know which church you are refering to!

Is it in Wales......?

Posts: 30 | From: Reading | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
    clare
    Contributing Editor
    # 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
    dgtmcb
    • if you sit where i sit, the ministers head gets framed on three sides by the box and arm of the OHP, which is all rather distracting
    • i shall make a scene when you sit on me

clare

Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Sigmund
    Shipmate
    # 3002

dctmcb you will be invited to the Newcomers welcome tea. Wasn't that the polite term used for the aliens stranded on Earth in the film "Alien Nation"? And about as welcoming.

--------------------
    Rutherford

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
     - Printer-friendly view
    Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016