homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: God-Cursed Sodomites - All Going to Hell, or What? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: God-Cursed Sodomites - All Going to Hell, or What?
coffee jim
Shipmate
# 3510

- Posted      Profile for coffee jim   Email coffee jim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay...
World Kikery - how can it be combatted?

God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

Miscegenation a Sin - Biblical Proof

Jesus was a Arian (sic)

Genocide of Protestants in the Republic of Ireland - the Truth they Tried to Ban

Mohammedanism - is the UK being invaded?

And a tangent: - I get the feeling that Gunner's abortive 'Buggered?!' thread partly inspired this one. Okay, we know the OT and St.Paul ain't down with gaiety, but is there anywhere in the Bible where it says you shouldn't take it up the ass, with a dildo or otherwise?

Posts: 367 | From: Belfast | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Bible is Right and Somebody's Wrong

OOPS! [Ultra confused]

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Why Fundamentalists and Charismatics are the same. An Anglo-Catholic perspective."
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When Jesus said, "Turn The Other Cheek," he really meant, "Lead With Your Right".

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was harmed by evangelicals - feel sorry for me.

Is God a woman?

Our tat is more liturgically correct/pleasing to the Almighty than your tat.

I also avoid any thread with these words in the title - chocolate, fluffy/bunnies/pink (any two), association/word (any two).

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
kittylou
Apprentice
# 4036

- Posted      Profile for kittylou   Email kittylou   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You Don't Like It Because You're Just Jealous [Razz]

--------------------
I'm still thinking...

Posts: 18 | From: under the sun | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about:

"Why Fundamentalists, Evangelicals, Pentacostals and Charismatics are the same, or if they aren't, they sure dress like it. An Anglo-Catholic perspective."

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Laura,
I had wanted to work "polyester" in there somewhere, but that seemed a bit cruel, even for Hell.

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You can't help having no sense of humour, you're foreign.

When I say foreign, that includes from a different part of my own country.

It also includes people from the other side of my own town who I don't like.

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

"Why Tat should all be melted down and given to the poor"
Oh...Never mind. That was an actual thread, wasn't it.

David
Complete Bastard
# 3

- Posted      Profile for David     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Calvinism - A One-way Trip to Hell
Posts: 3815 | From: Redneck Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Father Gregory

Orthodoxy
# 310

- Posted      Profile for Father Gregory   Author's homepage   Email Father Gregory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just discovered you can be a Buddhist, a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim, a Hindhu and a Sikh all at the same time. Isn't that great?!

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Fr. Gregory
Find Your Way Around the Plot
TheOrthodoxPlot™

Posts: 15099 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes - posted by a wonderful Shipmate, with her tongue firmly in her cheek. She never intended to upset folk, and apologised profusely when she realised she had, so I think it is somewhat unfair to drag it all up again now.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Benedictus
Shipmate
# 1215

- Posted      Profile for Benedictus   Email Benedictus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Books We Need to Burn

--------------------
Resentment: Me drinking poison and expecting them to die

Posts: 1378 | From: Hertfordshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by the Wanderer:
I think it is somewhat unfair to drag it all up again now.

Sorry. Late in the afternoon. Being silly.
David
Complete Bastard
# 3

- Posted      Profile for David     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yet Another Interminable Thread on some minuscule Anglican issue that interests approximately three people.
David
Complete Bastard
# 3

Is Saddam Hussein building the New Temple of Babylon?
Trevor
Shipmate
# 3644

- Posted      Profile for Trevor   Author's homepage   Email Trevor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will now Prove that Hell has Literal Fire by Quoting Jonathan Edwards a Lot.

Those People are Obviously Controlled by Satan Because They Don't Believe in Him.

...and of course the old standby...

An Exhaustive Discussion of Why Something I Don't Understand Must Be Evil, Because If It Wasn't, Focus on the Family Wouldn't Have Said It Was.

--------------------
my joy has been transfinite

Posts: 196 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
David
Complete Bastard
# 3

So, Trevor, where has anything like that been mentioned on the Ship?
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

Wouldn't

Anyone who reads a word of Harry Potter becomes a child sacrificing Satanist

be covered by Trevor's last point?

(He's on his 13th post - doesn't he deserve some slack?)

--------------------

David
Complete Bastard
# 3

He got some slack. [Yipee]
Sean D
Cheery barman
# 2271

- Posted      Profile for Sean D   Author's homepage   Email Sean D   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You Call Yourselves Christians But You Disagree All The Time, Why Can't We Just Rub Along And Get On With Evangelism thread.

--------------------
postpostevangelical
http://www.stmellitus.org/

Posts: 2126 | From: North and South Kensington | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who cares what's in those Chick Tracts, as long as people are getting saved.

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I Have Many Bad Habits. But It's Not My Fault. Everyone Must Affirm Me Now. Or I'm Stomping Out Of This Picky Church.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"AHA! Your thread used the letter 'e' three times - my trigger to introduce my own personal dead horse!"
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Viscousness on the Ship--Honey or Slime?

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This thread wasn't originally about me, but it is now.

Also, my own thread about me, by myself. But you can post too so long as you stay on topic.

Edward OGS
Shipmate
# 3919

- Posted      Profile for Edward OGS   Email Edward OGS   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about: This post reminds me of another post, from the early days which YOU do not remember because you were not here from day one and can not discover since it is not in archives, so I will ignore any new points raised and react as if it were the same one I hated last time it came up.
[Devil]

--------------------
The Venerable Edward Simonton OGS

Posts: 78 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is the second time this thread has come up since I joined the Ship. I suspect a conspiracy on the part of Marks and Spencer's lingerie department. [Wink]

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why I Loved This Lame Christian Paperback And Consider It The Salvation Of The Church (Notwithstanding The Fact That Only About Five People Have Read It). If You Tell Me You Didn't Like It, I Will Refuse To Accept Your Reasons Why, No Matter How Reasoned And Clear They May Be, And Furthermore Consider You Stupid For "Not Getting It".

Other ones that have me waking up screaming:

The Ichthus And The Vagina (yes, I know it was a real thread. I put it in DH myself. But it still has me screaming.)

Hey Everyone! Let's Play Mornington Crescent Again!

Why Christian Clerics Must Wear Pointy Hats (And How Many Points Their Hats Should Have)

CS Lewis Wasn't Much Cop, Actually, Was He?

Jesus Was Actually A Twelfth Level Ascended Master Of My Religion. And Was Actually Being Remote Controlled By Maitreya Anyway. So You Can't Have Him And You're All Benighted And Unenlightened. I Know This Because I Made It Up Myself.

I Know Nothing About Baptists/ Anglicans/ Catholics/ etc. But I'm Going To Make Crass And Inaccurate Generalisations About Them Anyway Because I once Met One I Didn't Like

Why The Archbish of Sydney Is A Toppermost Bloke [Eek!]

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adrienne:
I was harmed by evangelicals - feel sorry for me.

Yep. That also has me waking up screaming.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any Excuse for Salacious Trivia But From a Deeply Moral Viewpoint

is always one which has me buying into the truth of revealed religion!

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gambit

London Shipmeet King
# 766

- Posted      Profile for Gambit   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The very simple

Everyone is entitled to my opinion

...or...

Christian Marriage and Children: Why if I want to hear the pitter-patter of tiny feet, I'll put shoes on the damn cat!

--------------------
There is a little bit of my mitral regurgitation that is forever yours.

Wiblog: Now being updated less than regularly (again).

Posts: 1105 | From: the best bar in Heaven | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

"Why Muslims are not Christians"
heathen mama
Shipmate
# 3767

- Posted      Profile for heathen mama   Email heathen mama   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why don't Anglicans do enough on Tooth Decay?

--------------------
I shaved my armpits for *this*?

Posts: 569 | From: the first state | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sean D
Cheery barman
# 2271

- Posted      Profile for Sean D   Author's homepage   Email Sean D   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why Liberals (By Whom I Mean Anyone Who Doesn't Agree With Me) Have Sold Out The Gospel To Their Own Cuddly Views.

--------------------
postpostevangelical
http://www.stmellitus.org/

Posts: 2126 | From: North and South Kensington | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
heathen mama
Shipmate
# 3767

- Posted      Profile for heathen mama   Email heathen mama   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't mean to be pedantic. (read: I am going to be condescendingly pedantic now.)

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why the Daily **** should take over from the church providing moral guidance to all thinking people.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is The Ship's teaching really biblically based?

Dinosaurs - the myth

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Harry Potter, Homosexuals, Women Bishops and the Shroud of Turin -- the Secret Connection
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Harry Potter, Homosexuals, Women Bishops and the Shroud of Turin -- the Secret Connection

Oh my! That nearly knocked me off my chair! I so want to read it!!! [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
George W. Bush - Our Christian President!

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
heathen mama
Shipmate
# 3767

You don't know your vicar from your rector.

--------------------

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

You're all boring idiots. Here's why.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Siegrfied:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my! That nearly knocked me off my chair! I so want to read it!!!

If you did, I'd have to kill you.
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by heathen mama:
You don't know your vicar from your rector.

You all just stop now - my stomach hurts from laughing.
[Killing me]

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

Knitting in the Spirit

The KJV rules!

--------------------
Growing Greenpatches

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

I know more big words than you do and I can prove it
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you think you've heard the Last Word From Me about this subject after I was Shot Down In Flames on Another Thread for being A Moron then you have Another Thing Coming

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Why I abandoned Orthodoxy and became a Unitarian

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016