homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: God-Cursed Sodomites - All Going to Hell, or What? (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: God-Cursed Sodomites - All Going to Hell, or What?
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read two articles in some magazine about Other Religions and therefore I am now an Expert and can tell you Why They are Wrong
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm an antisocial schmuck with a thesaurus.
Has caused some of my teeth to be gnashed.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

- Posted      Profile for JimT     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here is an utterly trite aphorism as banal as "where there's smoke there's fire." Discuss.

Here is an impenetrable new aphorism that obviously makes sense only to me. Discuss.

Here is an obvious trap barely hidden behind a loaded question. What do other Shipmates think?

Why do smart people have to make things so complicated?

Why do dumb people have to breathe the same air I do?

Why can't people who are wrong see it right away?

How come women want to be priests?

How come gay people don't know they're perverts?

Why don't Americans know they're greedy?

Why doesn't America buy Africa and give it back?

Posts: 2619 | From: Now On | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
I read two articles in some magazine about Other Religions and therefore I am now an Expert and can tell you Why They are Wrong

[Killing me]

quote:
Posted by JimT: Why do dumb people have to breathe the same air I do?
I often wonder that.

quote:
Posted by Sine Nomine: I know more big words than you do and I can prove it
I do. And I can. So there. [Big Grin]

Anyway, back to the fun:

I don't care if this is your life's work. I did a couple of evening classes and I know what I'm talking about more than you do.

Christian Boy-Love

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't care if you did a couple of evening classes, I have no knowledge of the subject at all which means I have a totally unbiased and fresh approach so I win hands down so shut it.

And I don't care how cogent your arguments are, they're still rubbish because they are proposed by you and not me.

And if you don't find any of my jokes funny and you're not foreign that's because you have no sense of humour and never have had as is clear from all your boring posts which I haven't read.

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The three legged stool versus the chaise longue -- Can they ever be reconciled?
Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

- Posted      Profile for Newman's Own     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you have recited the Nicene Creed, you therefore have both 'cut people off' and are implying that you think those who cannot, in conscience, recite the creed are going to hell.

Those who do not attend church have achieved a higher level of Christian commitment.

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth
“History as Revelation is seldom very revealing, and histories of holiness are full of holes.” - Dermot Quinn

Posts: 6740 | From: Library or pub | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi, I'm Yet Another Sock Puppet Of Someone You Thought Was Gone A While Back

(I hate that one.)

This is obvious to me, so it should be obvious to everyone, and if it isn't, they're willfully blind

(I think that's kind of close to one I posted a while back, but it deserves a repeat...)

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
coffee jim
Shipmate
# 3510

- Posted      Profile for coffee jim   Email coffee jim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why do priestesses get so snippy when I tell them their 'vocations' are delusional?

Why FiF are a hair's breadth away from the Republic of Gilead in 'The Handmaid's Tale'.

Posts: 367 | From: Belfast | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
heathen mama
Shipmate
# 3767

- Posted      Profile for heathen mama   Email heathen mama   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Party Thread! Come as your favorite Lord Of The Rings character!

--------------------
I shaved my armpits for *this*?

Posts: 569 | From: the first state | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rock music is a tool of the devil and it started with them Beatles

I sure liked movies better when the actresses kept their clothes on

Flirt Fest!

Cats and Demons: One and the Same?

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"The Black Stallion" is a Satanic work.

Oh wait.. that one came up, too!!

Sieg

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm more sensitive to the world's pain than you are. So there. Nyaaah!
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why Doesn't Anybody Understand Me?
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Liturgically correct undergarments

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

I hate you. I hate what you stand for. I hate your sister too. And I say this in the spirit of Christian charity, so please don't get offended.
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:

Careful. I think that discussion is currently going on in Mystery Worship. No. Wait. It was tiaras. I get so confused. I'm going home.
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThatsMrJuice2U:
Rock music is a tool of the devil and it started with them Beatles

<To be heard in a high whiney 'nobody would've spotted the obviously ignorant grammatical error if I, Queen of the Dictionary, hadn't condescended to point it out' voice>

Those Beatles <sigh>, not them.

Hey, pedants are people, too! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wood
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pedants aren't people. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Narcissism.

anglicanrascal
Shipmate
# 3412

- Posted      Profile for anglicanrascal   Email anglicanrascal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Milkman of Human Kindness:

Well, to be precise, pendants usually are people. Maybe it would be more correct to say that pedants are the kind of people that you would like to think of as lacking the traits exemplified by people that you respect?
Posts: 3186 | From: Diocese of Litigalia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anglicanrascal:
Well, to be precise, pendants usually are people.

And I thought pendants were decorations you wore on a necklace... [Big Grin]

[A little more thinking would have helped your pathetic attempt at code.]

[ 06. February 2003, 22:44: Message edited by: sarkycow ]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
anglicanrascal
Shipmate
# 3412

- Posted      Profile for anglicanrascal   Email anglicanrascal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Mad] A pyx on both your houses.
Wood
# 7

quote:
quote:

Well, to be precise, pendants usually are people. Maybe it would be more correct to say that pedants are the kind of people that you would like to think of as lacking the traits exemplified by people that you respect?
I am a pedant. I was just posting in the spirit of the thread, silly. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Narcissism.

Stephen
Shipmate
# 40

- Posted      Profile for Stephen   Email Stephen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is this the Hell version of Morningto Crescent then?
A Dead Horse if ever I saw one!!!!! [Two face] [Snigger] [Killing me]

--------------------
Best Wishes
Stephen

'Be still,then, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations and I will be exalted in the earth' Ps46 v10

Posts: 3954 | From: Alto C Clef Country | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
anglicanrascal
Shipmate
# 3412

quote:
I am a pedant. I was just posting in the spirit of the thread, silly. [Roll Eyes]

Sorry - 'twas just a poor effort on my part to encourage and affirm you in your pedantry (...or pendantry if jewellery takes your fancy).
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have found research that proves my point. Oh yes I have. I have! I bloody well have! And I am not going to be polite about this because I am right and you are in denial about it. And you can pick holes in the methodology and the sources all you want. Because I am right. Why? Because I say so ...

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
heathen mama
Shipmate
# 3767

- Posted      Profile for heathen mama   Email heathen mama   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Clearly, Mr. Juice was using "them Beatles" as a comic construction. In America, to illustrate stupidity of a made up character, we use back-woods slang. He was adopting the grammatical flavor of someone, quite likely called Cletus, to further show the stupidity of what was being said.

Can we please return to the game now?
I will add:

It doesn't matter what the topic of this thread is, becuase as soon as one grammatical error is made, the entire thread will become a pedantic dick contest.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Anyone who was a REAL Christian would realize I'm right
the famous rachel
Shipmate
# 1258

- Posted      Profile for the famous rachel   Email the famous rachel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Re: tat melting thread of days gone by.....

quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
Yes - posted by a wonderful Shipmate, with her tongue firmly in her cheek. She never intended to upset folk, and apologised profusely when she realised she had, so I think it is somewhat unfair to drag it all up again now.

Thank you, Wanderer! My staunch defender! And you're right as well, which makes you doubly lovely.

All the best,

Rachel.

Posts: 912 | From: In the lab. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by heathen mama:
Clearly, Mr. Juice was using "them Beatles" as a comic construction. In America, to illustrate stupidity of a made up character, we use back-woods slang. He was adopting the grammatical flavor of someone, quite likely called Cletus, to further show the stupidity of what was being said.

Can we please return to the game now?
I will add:

It doesn't matter what the topic of this thread is, becuase as soon as one grammatical error is made, the entire thread will become a pedantic dick contest.

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

Shucks, ain't that funny!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, and here's a "mea culpa"--

I'm bored with the threads in Heaven, I'm too lazy to compose an answer for anything in Purgatory, so I'm gonna start a gratuitous nose-pulling thread in Hell that's doomed to sink after two days.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Oh, and here's a "mea culpa"--

I'm bored with the threads in Heaven, I'm too lazy to compose an answer for anything in Purgatory, so I'm gonna start a gratuitous nose-pulling thread in Hell that's doomed to sink after two days.

I don't know what the heck a "mea culpa" is. [Wink]

But that sounds like something I've done, too. Except mine took longer to sink. [Two face]
[Embarrassed]

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

that sounds like something I've done...

That's what a 'mea culpa' is. "my fault" literally.

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah Rachel - we don't see enough of you on board these days. Good to hear from you again. [Love]

How about:
My political convictions are divinely inspired and anyone who disagrees with me is on a Satanically-inspired mission to destroy Western Civilization.?

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

I know Kelly. It was a funny, I guess. My self-satire goes flat sometimes. [Wink] Speaking of which...

quote:
My political convictions are divinely inspired and anyone who disagrees with me is on a Satanically-inspired mission to destroy Western Civilization.
But they are, wanderer, they are!

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, no - the first part of my title applies to me, only the second half to you!

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Sean D
Cheery barman
# 2271

- Posted      Profile for Sean D   Author's homepage   Email Sean D   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Well, to be precise, pendants usually are people.

Absolutely. I have known many pedantic plants and animals.

--------------------
postpostevangelical
http://www.stmellitus.org/

Posts: 2126 | From: North and South Kensington | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Droll humour is always funny, no matter how many time we re-use the same pathetic gag.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

I'd like to say something grotesquely and outrageously offensive and, when challenged, claim that this is evidence that the rest of you have no sense of humour.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Sorry, Punky Markster. ( [Killing me] ) That must have come off as incredibly pompous.

I guess I was subconsciously jealous of your thread lasting longer.

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Board rules and why they don't apply to me ...

And why any attempt to apply them to my good self is evidence of a) your repression of my right to free speech and b) proof that you are a bunch of <insert gratious insult here>

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fr. Gregory:
Christianity is whatever I think it is and if you disagree you must be an overbearing hierarch who wants to rape me spiritually. (Discuss ... er no, not possible).

Christianity is whatever I think it is and if you disagree, well, you just aren't a Christian then...(Discuss? Ooh no, lets refer back to tradition instead...after all you can't argue with that)
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You Only Say That Because You Have a Very Small Organ
heathen mama
Shipmate
# 3767

Hi this is my third post and you are all wrong and very bad Christians. Praise Jesus.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
can't you all see that *insert name here* is an awful person? i can, and i've only been here a week!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I believe in the reliability of Scripture, unless you quote something that kills my point.

(Doncha love it?)

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(btw, i should add that my above post is not only a reaction to whats going on on the "calling god to hell" thread, but also something on another board i post on. can't people get it through their heads that its a bad idea to drop into a brand new community and start flaming long-established, well liked posters?)

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley S Chappell
Shipmate
# 4186

- Posted      Profile for Wesley S Chappell         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
haha this thread is cracking me up! Some others I've noticed are:

'The Bible is true because it says it is'

(from an atheist:)'My views do not need to be justified but yours do', or, 'atheism is not a theological position' (??????)

'What should the Christian approach be to: underfloor heating/bespoke tailoring/archery/ferret keeping etc'

'You guys just pick and choose bits of scripture that suit you' (er...and you don't?)

'The first Christians are the only authentic ones' (erm...they were actually Jews werent' they?)

Posts: 477 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
3M Matt
Shipmate
# 1675

- Posted      Profile for 3M Matt   Email 3M Matt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*sob* *wail* Someone told me I was wrong on an issue. My liberty is being oppressed!

--------------------
3M Matt.

Posts: 1227 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016