homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Depression (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Depression
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

- Posted      Profile for Annie P   Email Annie P   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would agree with Eanswyth that waiting a little can often be a good thing, however if you are still suffering then I hope there are people you can turn to in the area if needs be.

Felt a twinge on Friday. It just hit me again, not too hard, but I still don't understand why on most days I feel fine and then for no apparent reason I feel down, like a flat glass of lemonade. *shrug* Wish I didn't.

There was something that I wrote last year when things weren't too good. Thought I would share it with you and see if it rings any bells. It's quite depressing for me, but I added the last line a week later as if to say I won't give in, there has to be something better.
quote:

Before

I remember when all we had was our lives before us and our dreams to live. With hope and expectation we waited to find out what we would be. We trusted in those who led us forward and those who had gone before. We knew that our lives could amount to something and even though we weren’t sure what we would achieve this we knew: that it should be greater than what had happened in the past. We were worth something, a great deal. Brave and true, bright eyed and young, we were ready to face anything. In awe of the world and all that was in it we knew we could make a difference.

Now what has become of those dreams and aspirations? As dust slips through our fingers, our lives are disappearing before our eyes. How did we become this, and only this? Secretly we wish things could be different, we wish we stood for more. Are we disappointed? Do we give up and except that those promises made about us and by us have amounted to nothing? Standing here, seeing what I see, I wonder if it is true.

Then we were willing, now we are reluctant. Before we were passionate, now we are accepting. In the past we were adventurous but now we have responsibilities. We had dreams, now they are only memories of what we thought we would be. We now stand before you and ask “why?”.

The question is though we are disappointed with what we have become, do we have the courage to change?

Praying for those who still find it hard.

--------------------
Older now, but not necessarily wiser.

Posts: 3248 | From: stockton-on-tees | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016