homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: The world can go to hell (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: The world can go to hell
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have decided that I'm sick of it. Nothing in particular, except far too many demands on my time as of late, but I'd gladly sacrifice a limb, a non-essential organ, or a Democrat [Big Grin] to live somewhere far, FAR away from people and their crappy problems.

I hate people. They suck festering mongoose balls. And I'm a classic extrovert.

*sigh*

[ 18. June 2003, 23:53: Message edited by: Sarkycow ]

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[sickening church auntie voice]
Erin, my dear. It is because we all suck festering mongoose balls that only Jesus could love us and why he died for us.
[/sickening church auntie voice]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're on my list.

--------------------

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<passes silver hors d'oeurves platter to Erin.>

Here you are, dear; festering mongoose balls on a stick. Do try the dip.

[Snigger]

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

- Posted      Profile for JimT     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin, now you know why I sold my business in DC and moved to Corvallis to attend graduate school. The relative suck percentage here is far lower than the dreaded I-95 corridor on the East Coast. The only really sucky person I've met here is a Biophysics professor with no penis who tries to convince people that it doesn't matter because his brain is so big. In fact, his subatomic brain is smaller than his microscopic penis and he neither understands nor uses the mathematics he teaches to solve protein structures with NMR. He simply pieces information together like a geriatric doing a 5,000 piece puzzle of the base of Niagara Falls. To be frank, I don't like him.
Posts: 2619 | From: Now On | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
maleveque
Shipmate
# 132

- Posted      Profile for maleveque   Email maleveque   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
JimT:
How did you ever find out how big his penis is?

Erin:
Here's my mantra of the moment:
"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
-Linus
Do we need to send chocolate?
Anne L.

--------------------
Life isn't all fricasseed frogs and eel pie.

Posts: 1496 | From: Washington, DC or thereabouts | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

- Posted      Profile for JimT     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He was walking by the NMR one day and the technician accidentally shot a sample of his crotch. She immediately clapped her hand over her mouth to stifle the giggle and started engaging the zoom. At 32,000 times magnification she found a rod-like structure that did not show the characteristic chemical dispersion of E. coli. It is presumed that the structure in question was his penis and that it is no more than 1.5 microns in size.

Since you asked. [Snigger]

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin you have to learn to see people with the eyes of Jesus.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alt Wally

Cardinal Ximinez
# 3245

- Posted      Profile for Alt Wally     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I work in the equities world, so I listen to people yell and say insulting things all day. No pit traders here, but lots of dickheads none the less. I think I'm used to it now, but I am in the I-95 suck corridor. My policy is to try and ignore everyone and keep people out of my office at all costs.
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nightlamp, you realize Erin'll now be looking for a blunt spoon to do just that very thing! Though to avoid blasphemy, I suggest she tries it first with the eyes of the aforementioned Democrat.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:

Except they might be a bit maggoty by now.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sean D
Cheery barman
# 2271

- Posted      Profile for Sean D   Author's homepage   Email Sean D   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always assumed they were in heaven, still attached to his head.
[/sickly church uncle voice]

--------------------
postpostevangelical
http://www.stmellitus.org/

Posts: 2126 | From: North and South Kensington | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:

I hate people.

well, you are one of them, Or are you sub-human...Ok, silly question.

Neil

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin, I suspect this will suit your mood:

The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce

PS Check the entry for your avatar. [Wink]

Note: this is a satiric dictionary. It is offensive, and is meant to be so.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think you need any specific eyeballs to see people in a manner similar to the way Jesus was reported to have done. All you have to do squeeze your eyes shut, to avoid seeing all their stinking filthy flaws, and chant loudly "la la la la, I know you're all nice in some way".

I propose that the only way in which some people are nice is grilled, with pungent flavour-covering sauce.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clyde
Shipmate
# 752

- Posted      Profile for Clyde     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cheer up Erin, there's sure to be some jumped up obnoxious Apprentice along shortly.
(I know that chewing relieves tension in Alligators) [Smile]

--------------------
I've not been on the ship for a long time. I'm very old now and don't like it when the sea gets rough.

Posts: 1279 | From: England. | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

Perhaps we should try the reverse of a process employed by Jack Nicholson's character in "As Good as it Gets." When asked how it is that he can write with such insight into his female characters he replies, "I imagine a man. Then I subtract reason and responsibility."

Perhaps we should imagine a typical asshole, then add reason and responsibility?

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chukovsky:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:

Except they might be a bit maggoty by now.
Ok so you don't believe in the ressurection so maybe I should have the resurrected eyes of Jesus.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Refraining from joining the "maggoty eyes of Jesus" debate. This has got to be the most macabre derailment I have ever seen.)

Erin, I have a recurring fantasy of moving to a remote Alaskan plain, where I can stand on my front porch and gaze at miles of nothing between me and my closest neighbor, fifteen miles away.
But then I'm an introvert.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

You people are some sick motherfuckers.

I, too, am on the I95 suckage corridor. And now I'm even more seriously bummed out cause my Cinco de Mayo fiesta got cancelled. However, I made the dulce de leche, and I think I'm going to eat the whole can with a spoon. [Smile]

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

And golden key, I may just make that my next signature. [Big Grin]

--------------------

chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
(Refraining from joining the "maggoty eyes of Jesus" debate. This has got to be the most macabre derailment I have ever seen.)

Thanks Kelly, that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in a long time. You've made my day.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
I don't think you need any specific eyeballs to see people in a manner similar to the way Jesus was reported to have done. All you have to do squeeze your eyes shut, to avoid seeing all their stinking filthy flaws, and chant loudly "la la la la, I know you're all nice in some way".

I propose that the only way in which some people are nice is grilled, with pungent flavour-covering sauce.

come to Jesus, heathen.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Duchess,
Your right, grilled with a nice barbeque sauce is clearly better. Teriyaki would be better still.

Erin, can I provide a few democrats for you to sacrifice?

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
come to Jesus, heathen.

Shortly after you posted that, I had this warm feeling deep down inside.

It was gas.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raspberry Rabbit

Will preach for food
# 3080

- Posted      Profile for Raspberry Rabbit   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin wrote:

quote:
*sigh*
Awwwwww, Pookums!

Raspberry Rabbit
Montreal, QC

--------------------
...naked pirates not respecting boundaries...
(((BLOG)))

Posts: 2215 | From: In the middle of France | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raspberry Rabbit

Will preach for food
# 3080

- Posted      Profile for Raspberry Rabbit   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rook wrote

quote:
I had a warm feeling too. I hope mine was gas...

RR
MTL

--------------------
...naked pirates not respecting boundaries...
(((BLOG)))

Posts: 2215 | From: In the middle of France | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
However, I made the dulce de leche, and I think I'm going to eat the whole can with a spoon. [Smile]

My God, woman, don't you know you're not supposed to leave it in the can! It can explode in the oven.
Looking on the bright side, no matter how sucky your life is right now, at least you didn't have to clean up exploded partially caramelized sweetened condensed milk from all over your kitchen. (This may or may not be a comfort at this time. I'm guessing not.)

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

Mind you with the mood Erin is in maybe it is maggoty eyes.

Doesn't the I-95 end in Miami? I have to say, nothing personal, but my two brief visits to Miami weren't that pleasant.

--------------------

chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

Yes, you can, if it's the right kind of can. That's how you make banoffee pie too.

--------------------

Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chukovsky:
Yes, you can, if it's the right kind of can. That's how you make banoffee pie too.

Oh no - NOT banoffee pie [Help]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
My God, woman, don't you know you're not supposed to leave it in the can! It can explode in the oven.

Only freaks put it in the oven. Mine was boiled all to hell in a big ol' chili pot.

--------------------

The Queen
Apprentice
# 4489

- Posted      Profile for The Queen     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
erin, have you ever thought of suicide?

--------------------
Subjects: You SHALL continue to curtsy anad bow to me at Wimbledon. If you don't you shall spend eternity in the presence of my sister Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.

Posts: 15 | From: SOCKPUPPET | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Go fuck yourself, your highness. Please and thank you!

--------------------

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the Queen passed the flexible stage of fucking herself, around 50 years ago.....

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
erin - just thought youd like lots of hugs

(((((((erin)))))))) and [Love] [Love]

tee hee [Snigger] [Snigger]

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sweepstake anyone?

Bags I have May the 11th.

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
("anad" is obviously a typo for "anal")

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ham'n'Eggs:
Sweepstake anyone?

Bags I have May the 11th.

Having taken a quick look-see at "view recent posts" my money is on the 7th.
The Queen
Apprentice
# 4489

- Posted      Profile for The Queen     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
erin, I'm sorry you don't find the human race to your taste. But there again it might be your attitude towards other people rather than the people themselves at fault. [Razz]

--------------------
Subjects: You SHALL continue to curtsy anad bow to me at Wimbledon. If you don't you shall spend eternity in the presence of my sister Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.

Posts: 15 | From: SOCKPUPPET | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Why doesn't The Queen just smear herself with barbecue sauce?
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
come to Jesus, heathen.

It was gas.

Get behind me SATAN! Now to Rook, you know YOU WANT THIS! Give in to the feelings and lay off the fiber for awhile, you farting-pagan-troubadour [Votive] or you will explode like the little explosive cherry bomb you are!

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by The Queen:
erin, I'm sorry you don't find the human race to your taste. But there again it might be your attitude towards other people rather than the people themselves at fault. [Razz]

No, it's definitely the other people's fault. Starting with you, turd. Now let mommy and daddy have their computer back.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Changed my mind. Is the 6th taken?
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I want the 8th, but only because the 6th and 7th are taken.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess it's got to be the 9th for me then. Oh, the suspense!

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
I want the 8th, but only because the 6th and 7th are taken.

Happy birthday to ME!

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

I think that effectively bumps up the odds for the 8th...
(Trying not to imagine how Erin would be in a "festive" mood.)

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe the decorations involve heads on pikes, intestines strewn about like streamers, and necklaces of teeth, fingers and toes adorning various pillars and walls.

Should be fun [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope the subject of this pool isn't what I think it is.

(Fingers axe-handle with all the restraint she can muster. Marie Antoinette was a queen,too, honey.) [Mad]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016