homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: We love the Iraqi Information Minister (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: We love the Iraqi Information Minister
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
Originally posted by Laura:
quote:
Rumors of coding errors on part of Administrator Laura are imperialist lie! Laura will ride all over hoi polloi peanut gallery scoffers with herds of virile stomping stallions. The mockers will blow away as if dust storm. Her millions of board supporters will rejoice!

Indeed. [bravo!] Mass rejoicing [/bravo!]

Noble Rossweisse: you will live forever, even if the evil imperialist clowns spew evil lies about your coding errors! They will rue that they were born!

{HA, HA yet another coding error by an Imperialist Admin.}

[ 22. April 2003, 09:32: Message edited by: Nightlamp ]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[aside] Jeezy Kreezy, Louise, your post was funny![/aside]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apropos of nothing, but I love this line, from James Robinson's Starman:

"If I had a rue for every time someone said that to me . . . I'd own Paris."
-- The Shade

David
comics-loving bear

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Moth's doom is secured a toad shall eat her up, The lies of the imperialist Admins shall be scattered before the might of our great armies. Those pathetic people will be sent to the doom that has been forseen, they shall be captured and sold to Lifeman. Do not be fooled by their words for they are full of wind.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nightlamp will be hitting himself with his own shoe outside the gates of Hell before long for those foolish words. The faltering forces of Hell will be firing Scud missiles at themselves, for such is the reputation that the Admins have gained.
Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:
Moth's doom is secured a toad shall eat her up

Such is the desert that is Nightlamp's intellect that he seeks to threaten the mighty Moth with a mere toad! Does he not know that even a dragon could not consume her?

Listen, this puny insult does not frighten us any longer. The idiotic threats do not frighten anyone. We are catching them like fish in a river. I mean here that over the past two days we managed to shoot down 196 idle insults before they hit their target!

The Hell hosts will be buried in a sea of shoes before they triumph over the Mighty Administrator Laura! The fate that the seer Louise prophesised for them shall surely come to pass!

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3446 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

Ha, the intellect-free nightlamp believes Administrator Laura has made a coding error -- but lies fly from his mouth like farts from his beard. Worthy Rosssweisse made a coding error! Administrator Laura was generously pointing it out for her!

Worthy Moth, you made them drink poison last night and The Administrator's soldiers and great forces gave the RooKish Hordes a lesson which will not be forgotten by history. Truly.

On this occasion, I am not going to mention the number of the nighlamp's pathetic terriers who were killed and the number of destroyed codes. The operation continues.

We're giving them a real lesson today. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted.

Be assured, the Ship is safe, protected.

Today I have visited whole Ship! No invaders found. You go and see how we have ousted them from this ship! They are cying outside and waiting to receive butt-kicking. They will be swallowed up shortly.

--------------------

Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim*   Email Duo Seraphim*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was delighted to read this morning that rumours of Baghdad Bob's death, like that of Mark Twain,may have been exaggerated.

In one of those "you-couldn't-make-it-up" moments, US soldiers apparently refused to accept his surrender, on the grounds that he wasn't among the 55 "most wanted" of the former Iraqi regime.

Even better, Channel 9 news, in Australia, reported this morning that al-Sahhaf has been offered a job on Dubai TV.

--------------------
2^8, eight bits to a byte

Posts: 3967 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim*   Email Duo Seraphim*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Duo Seraphim:

Even better, Channel 9 news, in Australia, reported this morning that al-Sahhaf has been offered a job on Dubai TV.

Comical Ali's new job's with al-Arabiya network in Dubai, according to ABC Online in Australia. They are having some difficulty finding him, but are quoted here as saying
quote:
"We want to benefit from the experience of Mr Sahaf and his analysis of the current situation and the future of Iraq."

--------------------

Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good news everyone! Reports of the information minister's demise appear to have been much exaggerated

Apparently he's staying at his Auntie's house and he's very upset because the American forces are refusing to arrest him!

You can see why he might have problems -

"But I am Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf! Really! I'm a dangerous war criminal - you must arrest me or a thousand desert jackals will feast on your entrails! I refuse to not be locked up! Never!"

Bored US soldier " Yes Sir, I'm sure you're very very dangerous indeed and ought to be arrested at once - now would you mind moving along, there's a queue?"

L.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oops - crossposted with you Duo!

L.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

quote:
Originally posted by Louise:
oops - crossposted with you Duo!

L.

The masses dance with glee at the news!

--------------------

Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The unkindest cut of all:
quote:
From the BBC website new report:

US President George W Bush has admitted that he enjoyed Mr Sahhaf's briefings so much that he used to interrupt some of his meetings just to watch him.

"He's my man, he was great," he told NBC television in a recent interview. "Somebody accused us of hiring him and putting him there. He was a classic."

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

He will soon join the forces of right and blow the un-terrible nightlamp and RooK into terror at his stomping! Ha! See, how they have slunk from the thread!

--------------------

JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

- Posted      Profile for JimT     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Laura, you are really getting good at this. Could you possibly give a rendition of Yoda attempting to imitate the IIM? Only you could handle the syntactical nightmare. [Smile]
Posts: 2619 | From: Now On | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last night someone told me he'd been given him a job as a TV chat show presenter.

I mean the Arab bloke the thread is about had been given the job, not the one who told me.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JimT:
Laura, you are really getting good at this. Could you possibly give a rendition of Yoda attempting to imitate the IIM? Only you could handle the syntactical nightmare. [Smile]

Oooooooh, I love a challenge!

Ahem! Erm. Memememememeeeee... <cough cough> <knuckles popping> Hoooo, boy. Here we go.

"Fools these other Hellhosts! Simpleton is RooK, no better Nightlamp! Dragged from their office chairs by steel chains by fans to loyal Hell they will! With small cream cakes stuff their mouths we will! Pah! The dark side they have embraced, death of them it is."

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Laura, you are really getting good at this.

I've been wondering for a while whether the Laura thing is a disguise and she really is the Iraqi Information Minister. [Ultra confused]
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:
Laura, you are really getting good at this.

I've been wondering for a while whether the Laura thing is a disguise and she really is the Iraqi Information Minister. [Ultra confused]
Well I've never seen them in the same room....
[Eek!]

--------------------
i-church

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
I've been wondering for a while whether the Laura thing is a disguise and she really is the Iraqi Information Minister.

More imperialist lies!, uh, hrm, I mean what nonsense!
[Paranoid]

As to the Yoda Challenge: I think kenwritez has already answered very well. Hmm:

[Yoda voice]
Apart from technicalities, already won we have. Afraid you should be not; afraid am I not. From a reliable source this I have.
[/Yoda voice]

{YIPPEE God is so good. I have found a UBB error in Imperialist Admin Laura's post, she is now crushed beneath the might of the Hellhosts.}

[ 01. May 2003, 15:39: Message edited by: Nightlamp ]

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Laura, do you actually know how to use UBB code? It seems lately that every post you make has been edited by either RooK or Nightlamp for blown code. Now either they're simply putting edits in when there's no need, or you're getting really cackhanded in your old age.

Or, Laura has been replaced by the IIM...

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Louise
Shipmate
# 30

See how the infidel have fallen into our traps! Laura is victorious! By deliberately leaving UBB errors in her posts she exposes the truly insane pettiness of the Hell hosts! The tiny-minded UBB spouting trolls of the Hell board quail before her magnificent campaign of correct apostrophe use! Laura triumphs again!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

I checked that damned post, and there were no bloody errors in it! What the Hell?

--------------------

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

See, mighty Louise, how so-called "Hell-toaster" sarky cow has been suborned by the forces of Nightlamp's terriers. She is no more than a hamburger in disguise. We will feast upon her and her sarky comments. I have this from an inside source.

Now, I demonstrate wonders of coding:
Administrator Laura rules because she is more
  • mighty
  • worthy
  • impressive
  • punctual and
  • charming
than all the Hellish horde. They quail in horror before her worthiness.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now you've gone and made me spurt milk out my nose.

This is the perfect time to point out that you are all Very Silly People.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

You say that like it's a bad thing.

--------------------

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

See Hell Host RooK admit his pathetic girly-man drinking habits. Noble Louise and Worthy Moth will drink him under the table, and tie his shoe laces together.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Obvously, Laura has never tried sarky-milk. Even Cthulhu can't stomach it.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

- Posted      Profile for JimT     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Laura, Ken: [Killing me]

Thanking you I am.

Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

See Hell Host RooK admit his pathetic girly-man drinking habits. Noble Louise and Worthy Moth will drink him under the table, and tie his shoe laces together.
Absolutley, Laura, for drinking men under the table is what I was born for, and though I've met Louise only once, it was in a pub, which must count for something. (Fancy RooK drinking milk by the way, what a thing to admit on a thread in hell. It quite ruins my mental picture of him, somehow.)

And if you wanted to be the IIM as well as the Mighty Administrator Laura you could do it with one hand tied behind your back!

As for the alleged coding errors, I cannot improve on The Man Himself : "I can assure you that those villains will recognize, will discover in appropriate time in the future how stupid they are and how they are pretending things which have never taken place."

See, a quotation appropriate for every occasion!

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3446 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

Listen: Soon you will hear of RooK spitting his Shirley Temple all over his girly pink Hello Kitty computer screen.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Should I? Oh, what the hell...

David
does not have that item, but does own the Hello Kitty Tarot Deck. Why? He's WEEEEEEIIIIRDDD...

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
JB*

Horse marine
# 396

- Posted      Profile for JB*         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
According to the Washington Post, a musical career in London is next.

--------------------
You live, you learn. You learn, you live.

Posts: 1011 | From: State of Amazement and Delight | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

Lie JB does. Why a career in London need I, when ignominiously the troops expelled have been from Iraq, and in the streets meeting with the adoring crowds the glorious leader is?

--------------------
i-church

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

I think I'm starting to understand how tomb ended up all scaly and unpleasant: his skin was scarred from all the wincing and frowning induced by the unpleasantness of the lying imperialist administrators.
JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

Go, Arrietty! [Killing me] I love that stuff!
JB*

Horse marine
# 396

- Posted      Profile for JB*         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Organ of Imperalism disinformation is spreading. They break a leg, and should.

--------------------
You live, you learn. You learn, you live.

Posts: 1011 | From: State of Amazement and Delight | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016