homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Bad Ideas for Threads (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Bad Ideas for Threads
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm starting this thread for no other reason than this board is piss-poor-boring at the moment

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, Chris. This was one of my favorite, funniest threads of all time.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Naughty Nuns

What's groovy when you come across it in worship?

Baptiphobia

We will now discuss tat that is so obscure, only Anglocatholics will have any frikkin idea what we're talking about. in Mystery Worshipper, of course. (Actually I love threads like that. [Big Grin] )

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What I learnt at christian summer camp.

Let's cut the crap - you are all wrong.

I have an essay to write, who wants to help?

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why every single person who thinks there might be a god is a total fascist

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Liturgical uses of toe cheese, dried sweat, belly-button fluff and nasal emmisions.

[I must be tired today.]

[ 26. September 2003, 14:21: Message edited by: Schroedinger's cat ]

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i was actually thinking of starting this one for the gross-out value, but i decided i'd better not:

who wants to see the video of the huge abcess on my cats face being lanced and all the pus oozing out?

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, Nicole, that'll keep the thread from being sent to Heaven for sure. [Eek!] [Projectile]

Game: Gross-Out Contest

ShipMate Webcams: Uncensored!

David
glad your cat is better, though

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Random Stream of Consciousness Thread - just post the first thought that comes into your head!

Shipmeet - anyone interested in meeting underwater?

Interesting Collections - does anyone else collect sticky price labels from supermarkets or bus tickets?

Teabag Competition - how many cups can you make from one teabag and which blend goes furthest?

Alternative Uses for Marmite

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would have thought that "Have you ever eaten tofu?" would be a totally ludicrous idea for a thread.

But to date it's gone two pages and 64 posts. So what the hell do I know?

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What is the best book to read while having a vasectomy?

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"The Sun Also Rises", Rogue.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not Lady Chatterley's Lover?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No. Portnoy's Complaint.
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cranmer's baggage*
Shipmate
# 4937

- Posted      Profile for Cranmer's baggage*   Email Cranmer's baggage*   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Random Stream of Consciousness Thread - just post the first thought that comes into your head!

Are you sure this thread isn't already running under an alias? [Biased]

--------------------
Eschew obfuscation!

Posts: 729 | From: the antipodes | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As posted by RooK: "Presleytarian and her fat ass."

You'd need a sponge to pick him up afterward. The horror! The horror!

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsh dragon:
No. Portnoy's Complaint.

[Killing me]

Would put a positive spin on the situation...

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know all about those Muslims. (I saw Paula Abdul perform once.)
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I Consign to Purgatory -- for intellectual questions one wants to give a cursory nod to, but not actually discuss or anything...

--------------------

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And in the same vein...

Today I Consign to All Saints For anyone you would like to be done to death with group hugs.

Today I Consign to Mystery Worshipper for anyone you would like to be done to death with poisoned incense, which would be a lovely Jacobean way to go.

Today I Consign to Small Fire for anyone you would like to be made the subject of a small but immensely meaningful and intellectualised worship happening...

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why fascist bigots such as yourself will be second class citizens in the New World Order.

To heck with the Methodists and Calvinists. I want more Popery in the CofE!

Send the primates back to the zoo!

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Divine Outlaw
Gin-soaked boy
# 2252

- Posted      Profile for Divine Outlaw   Author's homepage   Email Divine Outlaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which new apprentice is a M******ike sock-puppet?

--------------------
insert amusing sig. here

georgia
Shipmate
# 4875

- Posted      Profile for georgia   Email georgia       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My christian experience and why yours is deception

--------------------
'I am not much in the mood for deep talk.'. Daisy Ashford

Zwingli
Shipmate
# 4438

- Posted      Profile for Zwingli   Email Zwingli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I consign to Kergymania: a more polite way of saying about a topic "see, the Bible agrees with me"
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

A thread using as many of the temporarily-forbidden words as humanly possible, including but not limited to, "M******ike," "ho*******lity," "***," "A******nism," "kn*ckers," "kn*ckers," and "S*****ni," in accordance with the prophecy

David
Semprini

--------------------

The Black Labrador
Shipmate
# 3098

- Posted      Profile for The Black Labrador   Email The Black Labrador   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do alligators go soft after 10,000 posts?
Posts: 629 | From: London | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

quote:
Originally posted by The Black Labrador:
Do alligators go soft after 10,000 posts?

I'm starting another Gene Robinson thread just to annoy Erin.

very bad idea that.

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Because the 26 threads in Purgatory and Hell that talk about gay bishops simply are not enough.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
Because the 26 threads in Purgatory and Hell that talk about gay bishops simply are not enough.

This is thread #27 on you-know-what.

[Biased]

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Tenebrae Tenebrae
Apprentice
# 5137

- Posted      Profile for Tenebrae Tenebrae   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Bible Says™ you're wrong!
magnum mysterium
Shipmate
# 3418

- Posted      Profile for magnum mysterium   Email magnum mysterium   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mark the Punk thinks there may be some Christians in ECUSA
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

[Big Grin] Very good, M.M.

By the way, is Tenebrae Tenebrae any relation?

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:
What is the best book to read while having a vasectomy?

Goodbye, Columbus

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chris
Shipmate
# 111

- Posted      Profile for Chris   Email Chris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is my hamster gay?

[Edited for spelling. Yes, one of those four words.]

[ 11. November 2003, 03:59: Message edited by: Chris ]

--------------------
...and praise will come to those whose kindness leaves you without debt...

Posts: 194 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016