homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Ewgh (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Ewgh
Puppycat
Ship's Toast and Vegemite
# 4941

- Posted      Profile for Puppycat   Email Puppycat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Puppycat, since you're still new, I'm just going to strongly encourage you to go to the UBB practice thread in The Styx. Also, you can thrash out what you want your post to look like with the Preview post button, and it has no time limit before you actually add the reply.

Hanging head [Hot and Hormonal] So so so desparately sorry. Have been and prasticed. Sincerely hoping never to make RooK unhappy or annoyed again.

quote:
I'm also not going to bother trying to fix that mess. I'd get all unpleasant, and you wouldn't want that.

PC so hates mess.
sitting in corner quietly repeating to self Remember must never do ugly messy posts again. Cleanliness is next to godliness. [Frown]

--------------------
“The Angels stole my phone box.” Doctor Who ~ Blink

Pics of my trip to Israel and Paris

Posts: 1905 | From: Picnicking at Hanging Rock | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My kids are driving me nuts tonight. Tempted to eat them. Pigs do it. Why shouldn't I?

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Puppycat, since you're still new, I'm just going to strongly encourage you to go to the UBB practice thread in The Styx. ...I'm also not going to bother trying to fix that mess. I'd get all unpleasant, and you wouldn't want that.

After reading this and the post by Puppycat, I feel that we have just been watching Puppycat being toilet trained. Poor Puppycat really got his/her nose rubbed in the mess.

But as for:
[HELLHOST STOMPS OFF AND KICKS SOMETHING CUTE AND FURRY]

Don't you kick poor Sarky! She is my friend. She only looks cute and furry on the outside. On the inside it is pure love and grace. [Big Grin]

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lioba
Shipmate
# 42

- Posted      Profile for Lioba   Email Lioba   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Boam:
quote:
Originally posted by Lioba:
Wrong. Very wrong. Burial in Germany means exactly that, in a coffin in a certified cemetery, or interring the ashes in an urn. It's not possible to take grannie's ashes home for the mantelpiece or have your dear departed ones buried in the garden. Much less doing anything like eating them, however reverently this might be done.

But can one prepare the body prior to cremation? If one, as it were, pre-processed the cadaver by passing its soft tissues through the alimentary canal? And if the bones were similarly prepared in a stew? The residue all carefully transported to a mortician for proper law abiding all-in-ordnung cremation?
Once and for all: THE ANSWER IS NO.
And I don't think this topic of "would it be possible if" needs any further discussion. Stick to recipes and marinades, if you wish to, but leave out speculations about how this could be legal in Germany or ideas about "dining à l'allemande".
[Mad]

--------------------
Conversion is a life-long process.

Posts: 502 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And I don't think this topic of "would it be possible if" needs any further discussion. Stick to recipes and marinades, if you wish to, but leave out speculations about how this could be legal in Germany or ideas about "dining à l'allemande".

Get over yourself. Who made you the Topic Nazi? If you don't like the discussion, find another thread.

[ 12. December 2003, 13:43: Message edited by: Kenwritez ]

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lioba
Shipmate
# 42

- Posted      Profile for Lioba   Email Lioba   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kenwritez:
Get over yourself. Who made you the Topic Nazi? If you don't like the discussion, find another thread.

Maybe it's because I'm German. And I'd rather not like to be called a Nazi. It's got specific historic connotations, at least in Germany.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It had to happen. He's writing a book about it and negotiating film rights.
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Maybe it's because I'm German. And I'd rather not like to be called a Nazi. It's got specific historic connotations, at least in Germany.
I can empathize with a German not wanting to be called a Nazi, I understand the connotations. That being said, it's arrogant of you to tell an entire international discussion board they can't discuss a topic, no matter how distasteful you find that topic or its discussion.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
It had to happen. He's writing a book about it and negotiating film rights.

If he's a science-fiction fan, he could title his book, "To Serve Man."

--------------------

Jerry Boam
Shipmate
# 4551

- Posted      Profile for Jerry Boam   Email Jerry Boam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
9! 9! Don't get on the schiff! The book! It's a cookbook!

[ 12. December 2003, 22:29: Message edited by: Jerry Boam ]

--------------------
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Posts: 2165 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Nobody called you that sort of Nazi, dear. We are all aware of the "specific historic connotations" of that particular appellation.

Indeed, on the Ship of Fools, calling a person a "Nazi" breaks Goodwin's Law (or is it "Godwin's") that the first person to invoke the Third Reich loses the argument. And, quite frequently, gets banned--for stupidity, if nothing else.

I can understand your discomfort with this thread. It must be frustrating to have a government that makes laws against all the bad things that happened in the past only to have some damned sonuvabitch eat one of your countrymen--willingly.

Innovation can be so disturbing.

Don't take it as too terrible a blot on your nation's copybook, however. Even as I write this, they're digging up the basement of some bastard in Indiana who was into killing teenage boys.

Any more, bad things happen all over the world. Your country never had a patent on that, no matter what those bad people in the media tell you.

That being said, I say that Kenwritz's dependence on vinegar or citrus as the acid in a penis marinade betrays a shockingly provinial cuisine. What say you?

[ 13. December 2003, 01:39: Message edited by: tomb ]

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I dunno, what goes best with erectile tissue?

Stewed grapes, perhaps?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mixed nuts.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
That being said, I say that Kenwritz's dependence on vinegar or citrus as the acid in a penis marinade betrays a shockingly provinial cuisine. What say you?

I believe the word you were attempting to use is actually spelled p-r-o-v-i-n-c-i-a-l.

Why is citrus or vinegar provincial? I could have gone with a white wine, but frankly, that seemed too prov--I mean, common. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lioba
Shipmate
# 42

quote:
I can empathize with a German not wanting to be called a Nazi, I understand the connotations. That being said, it's arrogant of you to tell an entire international discussion board they can't discuss a topic, no matter how distasteful you find that topic or its discussion.

I don't object to this thread as such, just to a particular tangent, i.e. that cannibalism could somehow be legal in Germany. And I wouldn't call the Ship international. It's English/American with a sprinkling of people from other English-speaking countries, which is of course part of the attraction it holds for me.

--------------------

babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From what others have said it appears that Germany does not havea law that specifically states that canibalism is illegal, and that such a law does exist in Britain either. The countries get round the lack of a specific law by having laws about desecration and 'respectable' disposal. These laws make canibalism effectively illegal, cos to if you were to eat someone then you would be breaking a law.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

Well Lioba, it's one thing to be dogmatic. No shortage of that on the Ship. In your case, however, you're dogmatic and wrong in your facts.

quote:
I don't object to this thread as such, just to a particular tangent, i.e. that cannibalism could somehow be legal in Germany.

No one was saying Germany is a haven for cannibals or that Germans (apart from the headcase mentioned in the article) are cannibals, nor that cannibalism is an accepted practice there. We were joking about preparing human meat in a certain style.

quote:
And I wouldn't call the Ship international. It's English/American with a sprinkling of people from other English-speaking countries

Here's the definition of 'international':
"In·ter·na·tion·al, adj. 1) Of, relating to, or involving two or more nations: an international commission; international affairs. 2) Extending across or transcending national boundaries." (definition courtesy dictionary.com)

I know of posters from the US, UK, Australia, Haiti, Sweden, Hong Kong, France, Canada, Venezuela, and New Zealand. No doubt there are other countries represented as well.

The Ship is an international message board.

Also, since the Ship limits itself to English-only boards, it follows the posters here would be English speakers.

You can object to a tangent all you like; but on the Ship you voice your opinion as your opinion rather than telling us what we may discuss or how.

--------------------

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The only reason I'm reading this thread, is to be able to predict (and hence avoid) which of you will descend (somewhat joyously) into Lord of the Flies style barbarity when we all get stuck on a desert island.
Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Exactly, Coot. That way we'll know which ones we want to vote off the island.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]
Fuck grits, sometimes you are genuinely funny!

Now I just have to work out whether you meant to be funny or not.
[Snigger]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lioba
Shipmate
# 42

quote:
No one was saying Germany is a haven for cannibals or that Germans (apart from the headcase mentioned in the article) are cannibals, nor that cannibalism is an accepted practice there. We were joking about preparing human meat in a certain style.

There were three posts trying to find ways how it could be legal anyway. That's what I didn't find funny.

quote:
You can object to a tangent all you like; but on the Ship you voice your opinion as your opinion rather than telling us what we may discuss or how.
Sorry, I was rather furious. I'm fully aware that I can't stop anyone. So if you want to go on, just do so, if you like.

About the boards being international. You are of course right in the legal and semantic sense. The ship has posters from more than one country. But in the case of countries like France and Sweden, if you have a closer look, you'll find out that the posters are often English/American. I find the discussions between English and American shipmates about cultural differences between you quite fascinating, but from an outsiders point of view these boards come over quite homogenous, culturally speaking. I wouldn't call a board with people from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Luxemburg international either.

[ 13. December 2003, 14:17: Message edited by: Lioba ]

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lioba, I think the word you are looking for is:
"global" which has implications like those you are implying.

[ 13. December 2003, 18:40: Message edited by: RooK ]

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Give me a break, Lioba.

I feel I sort of understand Canadians and Australians. But those damn Brits are too weird for words. I couldn't possibly deal with any additional cultures until I've got them figured out, which may well be sometime in the next century, if then.

Lioba
Shipmate
# 42

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Give me a break, Lioba.

Gladly, Sine Nomine. At least on this aspect of the thread. [Smile]

And by the way, Rook, the longer I think about it, it's neither "international" nor "global" what I was thinking about, but rather multicultural. But that would merit a thread of it's own.

Lioba

[ 14. December 2003, 00:04: Message edited by: Lioba ]

--------------------

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus Coot:
The only reason I'm reading this thread, is to be able to predict (and hence avoid) which of you will descend (somewhat joyously) into Lord of the Flies style barbarity when we all get stuck on a desert island.

Simon would be well-advised to initiate a new reality game hosted by Kenwritez & me. We'll battle, sumo style, to see who gets to prepare the marinade so that Lioba will be tasty when we eat her.
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Fuck grits, sometimes you are genuinely funny! Now I just have to work out whether you meant to be funny or not.

As a rule, I generally mean to be funny.

But I have been avoiding this thread somewhat because it really does give me the... willies.

(BTW, I meant that to be funny, too.)

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jerry Boam
Shipmate
# 4551

- Posted      Profile for Jerry Boam   Email Jerry Boam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Oh come on, cobber, you just want to know if Tomb or kenwritez will be serving the best grub. Tomb has the corner on class, but ken's got an approach that will work in the bush, so you'll probably be hanging round his bivouac when your looking for tucker and long pig's the only thing left in the larder.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
There were three posts trying to find ways how it could be legal anyway. That's what I didn't find funny.

AS for me, this is what I found absolutely flippin' hilarious.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...somehow I keep visualizing the... ah... meat course... being so desirous of being eaten... that it... ah... begins to wax expansive after you get it into your mouth...

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

oh, you would..

--------------------

Jerry Boam
Shipmate
# 4551

Janine, cheri, I think that bunny has your number. [Biased]

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did you give her my number?

What a grand idea! Wish I'd thought of it sooner.

Oh, come now, people - we've all had tough meat that seemed to gain volume and seemed to never want to go down!

--------------------

Lioba
Shipmate
# 42

quote:
Simon would be well-advised to initiate a new reality game hosted by Kenwritez & me. We'll battle, sumo style, to see who gets to prepare the marinade so that Lioba will be tasty when we eat her.

Over my dead body.

--------------------

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
well... yes...
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Crotalus
Shipmate
# 4959

- Posted      Profile for Crotalus   Author's homepage   Email Crotalus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This week's Tablet editorial is on this subj. Apparently this romantic diner à deux wasn't as enjoyable as it might have been, because the entrée was undercooked. Just look out, all of you in the New World, when barbieing for Christmas. Make sure those snorkers sizzle.
Posts: 713 | From: near the knacker's yard | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(duly noted on recipie card)

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
Did you give her my number?

What a grand idea! Wish I'd thought of it sooner.

Oh, come now, people - we've all had tough meat that seemed to gain volume and seemed to never want to go down!

I find laughing makes it shrink [Biased]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ain't that the truth.
The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Of course, I would expect someone from Colorado to be an expert in this. You've seen one Coloradian, you've seen them all.

And what does Provence have to do with this?

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

I was wondering when someone would bring him up!

Legend has it that when he was sentenced, the judge told Alferd Packer, "Goddamn you sonuvabitch to hell! They was twelve dimmycrats in Hinsdale county and you et eight of 'em. I sentence you to hang until your dead! dead! dead!

I did my post graduate degrees at the University of Colorado at Boulder. The main student cafeteria was named the "Alferd Packer Grill." There was a high degree of "mystery meat" on the menu there. I generally ate scrambled eggs for breakfast and avoided anything resembling sausage links or London broil.

And, BTW, Bede, the appropriate nominative is "Coloradan," though sometimes the hoi polloi write it "Coloradoan."

[ 15. December 2003, 05:10: Message edited by: tomb ]

IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

- Posted      Profile for IntellectByProxy   Author's homepage   Email IntellectByProxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I think there's a slight possibility that you may have missed the sarcasm in those posts. Nobody is suggesting that we all scuttle en mass over to Deutschland and start nibbling on your countrymen, however tasty they may appear to be.

Although I did meet a very very tasty German girl once, but that's a different story. And a different meaning of 'tasty'.

quote:
By Sine:
I feel I sort of understand Canadians and Australians. But those damn Brits are too weird for words.

We're easy to understand; we drink tea, respect the quietude of libraries and abhor people who wear more than three colours simultaneously.

That's why we hate American tourists so much.

--------------------
www.zambiadiaries.blogspot.com

Posts: 3482 | From: The opposite | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I was wondering when someone would bring him up!

In the context of this thread, would you really want to bring him up, so to speak.

quote:

And, BTW, Bede, the appropriate nominative is "Coloradan," though sometimes the hoi polloi write it "Coloradoan."

Whatever. [Big Grin]

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ronja
Shipmate
# 4693

- Posted      Profile for Ronja   Email Ronja   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IntellectByProxy:

We're easy to understand; we drink tea, respect the quietude of libraries and abhor people who wear more than three colours simultaneously.

That's why we hate American tourists so much.

German tourists are not known for their conservative dress sense either... and I feel quite safe bashing them, since everyone knows Swedes only dress in black. (Bite, Lioba, bite! [Razz] )
Posts: 742 | From: Up North | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

- Posted      Profile for IntellectByProxy   Author's homepage   Email IntellectByProxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Light:
German tourists are not known for their conservative dress sense either... and I feel quite safe bashing them, since everyone knows Swedes only dress in black. (Bite, Lioba, bite! [Razz] )

German tourists are conservative to a fault and spend large amounts of time standing stiffly at bus stops muttering "Zis is mosst odd, ze timetable clearly sayss ten fifteen and yet I am ooogling ze horizon and at ten seventeen still zer iss no sign. Zis is a mosst inefficient sysstem of public transporting"

Swedes, on the other hand, simply wander around looking blonde and slightly dazed.

--------------------

Ronja
Shipmate
# 4693

- Posted      Profile for Ronja   Email Ronja   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IntellectByProxy:

Swedes, on the other hand, simply wander around looking blonde and slightly dazed.

Yes, but there is a perfectly obvious explanation. Pot is much more available abroad. [Angel] - halo
Posts: 742 | From: Up North | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lioba
Shipmate
# 42

quote:
Originally posted by Light:
German tourists are conservative to a fault and spend large amounts of time standing stiffly at bus stops muttering "Zis is mosst odd, ze timetable clearly sayss ten fifteen and yet I am ooogling ze horizon and at ten seventeen still zer iss no sign. Zis is a mosst inefficient sysstem of public transporting"

Unfortunately, this is a thing of the past. Contrary to popular belief we're now glad if anything comes anytime at all. It only took german rail one year of appalling service to make this complete change of expectations possible.

--------------------

IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
It only took german rail one year of appalling service to make this complete change of expectations possible.

You see, even when you are being inefficient, you're still efficient. It took you only one year of appalling service before you lowered your expectations.

We've had appalling service for over half a century, and still we expect trains to arrive at the time specified on the information board, expect busses to arrive on schedule, and get irate when taxis are 5 minutes late.

You'd think we'd have learned by now and calmed down about the whole affair.

Germans are just more efficient at being inefficient than we are. And they serve beer in decent-sized glasses.

--------------------

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
sorry to drag us all back from the topic of tourism to the topic of eating one's fellow man. but ... this is just too weird.

People join chat rooms to find other people who'll eat them? Then go to McDonalds with the chosen diner (for McHuman, I guess), go see a movie ... how sweet. How normal.

I'm surprised that the victim only chickened out after seeing the last one getting killed and carved on a home video. Was it not done Halal or something?

Is this desire to be gobbled up common? [Confused]

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Notice me not saying all the stuff I could be saying about a desire to be eaten.

I was just passing thru, wondered if y'all were done chewing the fat yet.

[ 17. December 2003, 01:33: Message edited by: Janine ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Janine, how did you manage to lower the tone of this thread?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016