homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: MasterTroll Theater (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: MasterTroll Theater
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good for you, JimT!

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

- Posted      Profile for Lifeman         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Moo;

You're surely not putting me in the same bracket as Joanne [Eek!]

BTW Jim, I find your avatar quite amusing [Smile]

[Repeating yourself doesn't make you more interesting.]

[ 02. June 2003, 15:22: Message edited by: sarkycow ]

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, I wouldn't put you in the same class as Joanne, Lifeman. She was quite malicious and managed to shut down about two dozen bulletin boards during her reign of terror. You don't have the brain cells to be dangerous.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ley Druid

Ship's chemist
# 3246

- Posted      Profile for Ley Druid   Email Ley Druid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But don't be discouraged Lifeman. Between all the people who have joined together to reply to you and another awe inspiring rendition of "Joanne and the reign of terror", isn't it nice to know that you have helped foster a greater feeling of community? [Smile]
JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

- Posted      Profile for JimT     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I found something for you, LD.
Posts: 2619 | From: Now On | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Erin,

Since your idea of being dangerous is just swearing your head off at people, I don't suppose I am very dangerous nor do I see that it takes many braincells to be like that.

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Er, no, my idea of being dangerous is bouncing some fuckwit off the boards. Letting loose with the expletives is just fun, especially when it clearly bothers you so much. If it didn't, you wouldn't bring it up every time you talked to me.

Ya jackass.

--------------------

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

I would'nt call 'letting loose with expletives' either fun or irritating; I just don't think it's a very good advertisment for the Ship; especially since you are one of the administraters.

Anyway, I don't intend to waste time having a fruitless tarade with you on the lines of your thread with Merseymike.

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by Lifeman:
I would'nt call 'letting loose with expletives' either fun or irritating; I just don't think it's a very good advertisment for the Ship; especially since you are one of the administraters.

Well, when Simon cares what you think, I'll give your half-assed opinions some credence. Until then, your words on the subject of what's good for the Ship are absolutely worthless.

quote:
Anyway, I don't intend to waste time having a fruitless tarade with you on the lines of your thread with Merseymike.
And yet, you continue to respond to me. Thine actions belie thy words, hypocrite.

[ 03. June 2003, 12:11: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------

ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Note: Never, absolutely never, have I seen Erin use anything other than the proper language on boards other than Hell. If you had read the introduction to Hell, GetALifeMan, you would have noticed it warns visitors of the contentious nature of the discussions here. Strong language is allowed here, and regularly occurs.

Since when is that a bad advertisement for the Ship? There are many posters here who have joined precisely because we have a space such as Hell where feelings can be vented in animated ways - an practice not encouraged in many other Christian settings. And as for the 'tirade' with Merseymike, surely it's up to Erin and MM to decide whether it was fruitless or not?

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gosh Chris - i hate to correct you, but surely that should have been "GetALifeMuppet"?
Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhap, Matrix, perhaps. Or even GetALifeMuppet-Man.

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A bad advertisment for the ship might consist, say, in us all being totally fake instead of human? Just a thought.
Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Good point Ben,

I'm sure that most of the insult hurling and name calling that goes on in Hell is often posters covering up inner hurts or insecurities. That kind of fakeness is a bad advert for the Ship -
I bet that if Erin and Merseymike met face to face, they would probably get on and realise that they had more in common with each other than they realised.

T

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Good point Ben,

I'm sure that most of the insult hurling and name calling that goes on in Hell is often posters covering up inner hurts or insecurities. That kind of fakeness is a bad advert for the Ship -
I bet that if Erin and Merseymike met face to face, they would probably get on and realise that they had more in common with each other than they realised.

T

That's NOT what I said, Lifeman.

[Preview post would have helped that particular confusion, but I do get to point and laugh at your stupidity now.]

[ 03. June 2003, 22:50: Message edited by: RooK ]

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Good point Ben,

I bet that if Erin and Merseymike met face to face, they would probably get on and realise that they had more in common with each other than they realise.

Nothing that I say here is fake, Lifeman. In fact, you are a genuine fuckwit, and the Ship would be genuinely a MUCH better place if you were to go away for a long period of time like you did when you got your pathetic ass kicked before.

Don't you have some puppies to kick?

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Good point Ben,

T

Nah, we just do it for a laugh [Big Grin] [Two face] (bit like you, really [Wink] )

ghostly voice descends from on high: read the man's profile for goodness' sake

[More laughing and pointing. Similarity of the error suggest a glitch in the code, but I'm going to pick on you anyway.]

[ 03. June 2003, 22:52: Message edited by: RooK ]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ok, so he's changed it.... [Embarrassed]
nice one, Lifeman, you got me there [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

I've fed two trolls tonight [Roll Eyes] . So I might be a bit stupid at this point in time [Roll Eyes] although I am certain that the above error was not my fault.

Not to self: Do NOT feed trolls.

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

No Ben, not your fault, the same thing happened to me - spoils the point made in the posts somewhat, doesn't it? [Roll Eyes]

Regarding the other point:
Lifeman made it clear in his early profile that he was here as a game to wind people up - looks like he's achieved it, too [Roll Eyes] [Help]

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Lifeman has the dubious honor of being the only person who was ever banned from Hell. Unfortunately, it's not something we could enforce with the new software, unless we banned his sorry ass from the Ship completely.

--------------------

JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

- Posted      Profile for JimT     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisT:
Note: Never, absolutely never, have I seen Erin use anything other than the proper language on boards other than Hell.

I don't wish to act as advocate for Lifeman. At the same time, this issue comes up frequently and it bothered me enough to ask for a ruling in Styx. Erin does in fact flame people people outside of Hell. The most recent instance comes from the infamous Bowlin g for Columbine thread.

When Erin said this:

quote:
Michael Moore is as much a propaganda whore as Leni Riefenstahl. And equally credible.
lapsed heathen said this:

quote:
oh come-on he's not that good but definitely much more credible If its propaganda refute it!
Sauerkraut stepped in with:

quote:
Erin,

May I do the honors?

and posted four links criticizing Moore. This brought the now infamous exchange:

MerseyMike:

quote:
Of course, if you are a right wing Republican, or an enthusiast for the current US regime, you won't appreciate his humour, and will post right wing refutations in response.

Now, who do I believe most? You, Erin and George. W. Bush ?

Erin:

quote:
You can believe whothefuckever you want, Mike, but DROP the "right wing" ad hominem when you're talking about me, or I'll see your ass in Hell.
If this were my first visit to The Ship, I would have seen this in this manner: Erin is a troll and dropped some flame bait with the unsupported assertion in Purgatory that Moore is a "propaganda whore." Eventually she found a Moore-lover who took the bait, and a flamefest ensued.

Even duchess became confused:

quote:
I know this is HELL so...
She had to be corrected by nicolemrw:

quote:
pssst! duchess, this is purgatory, not hell, so its ok.
It is not my first thread on The Ship, MerseyMike completely overreacted, Erin calmed down enough to be reached by MerseyMike, but he took the opportunity to play the pouty victim. It was clear this was not trolling, but the boilover of longstanding differences that remain unresolved.

It reminded me, though, of when newbie perfecta was briefly suspended. On a thread in Styx, I criticized Erin for using vulgar language with a newbie outside of Hell, defending the notion that he was not really a troll and should not have been so provoked with vulgar language outside of Hell. I see Purgatory as a place for hardball debate but not vulgar exchanges that are guaranteed to result in escalation of tension and degrading of serious discussion. An admin came back, and Erin confirmed, that there are no restrictions on vulgarity anywhere. It is only a guideline for boards outside of Hell. The word was, "if you can take the consequences, say anything you want anywhere."

I don't agree with this policy, but it is the policy. When Erin flames outside of Hell it is usually with some kind of provocation. That I will say. But as far as ChrisT's statement goes, it is not true. She flames when she feels justified, and has said that as far as she is concerned you can use any kind of language you want anywhere so long as you are willing to live with the consequences of the content. I will say that in my opinion it is one of the reasons why the site attracts so many trolls, which is the subject of this thread.

And because this is Hell, I suppose I should add that I don't give a goddam if any admin thinks it's too freaking Purgatorial or Styxitorial.

ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

Well shit, JimT (are you related?). You mean I can't make wide-sweeping and badly researched statements for the single reason of slapping a troll? You spoil my fun [Big Grin]

However I do have to take umbrage at:

quote:
I will say that in my opinion it is one of the reasons why the site attracts so many trolls
As compared to many places I know about on the web, the Ship actually has far fewer trolls. I'm pretty sure that some people could relate their experiences on other BBS that would provide substantial proof. However I stand ready to be corrected.

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

IME, the more relaxed we are with the rules, the less trollery we attract. Most people zero in on us because they think we're uptight freaks with the proverbial stick shoved up our collective ass about such things as language, but when they actually come here and see that our official policy is "so?", they lose interest.

I am knocking on all kinds of wood here, but so far our true trolls have been few and far between. What most people on this board count as mind-blowingly offensive trollery here tends to be regarded as simple assholery elsewhere. I'm not sure why. We have had maybe half a dozen true trolls in our five year lifespan.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

Well, I suppose the false trolls provide a bit of fun for a season. A bit like my cat - he does love to play with the mice he catches for a while before disposing of them........

--------------------

Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
I am knocking on all kinds of wood here

Excuse me?

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Erin,

I wonder if you be kind enough (purlely for my interest) to list the six True Trolls that you have referred to, in order success in trolling.

Thanking you

Lifeman

JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

ChrisT, didn't mean to spoil your fun and Erin I agree with you. True trolls are going to be attracted to a Christian Unrest website like flies to...animal dung.

You're on your own responding to "knock on wood." I'm not sure how many entendres there are in there but there have to be at least two.

JimT

Ship'th Mythtic
# 142

Crosspost. Wouldn't Wood's "top five anythings" be a more appropriate place for that? (Sorry, no room for number six).
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Jim,

If Erin would be kind enough to list her top five trolls on Wood's thread, that would be much appreciated.

ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

Lifeman, are you hoping you'll be in there? Because you will be sadly dissapointed. You are hardly a beginner troll, let alone worthy of mentioning.

Oops, DNFTT.

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Fortunately their work is not in public view for you to try and copy, Lifeman. So my list of the six true trolls, in NO particular order:

• Joanne
  • manalive*
  • Reason
  • Jim Powell
  • Max Chapman
  • munchen/p_a_r
NOTE: only one non-Christian on this list.
*Possibly gets a bye, because there is the chance that he actually believed the crap he posted.

--------------------

Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Thanks Erin,

The only one of those trolls I've heard of is Manalive (and that's only because some people thought that I was he when I first started posting). If he's anything to go by (from what I was told) I don't think I'd want to copy any of them.

Black Dog
Shipmate
# 2344

- Posted      Profile for Black Dog   Email Black Dog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jim Powell and max chapman were the same person, that i'm 90% sure of. If max chapman was not jim powell then it was someone else who was acting as a voice for jim powell.

'They' were both dreaded theimeites and i can guarentee that 'they' believed what they preached and were not trolls.

Jim powell and his alter ego used to post on churchnet and jim powell was a rancher or a farmer in texas as I recall.

--------------------
The difference between love and comfort is that comfort is more reliable and true. Brutal and mocking but always there it is a crutch for enmity's saddest glare.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure if this constitutes a troll question, but Erin once said this:

quote:
I can't do it. I can't flame a guy who admits he has a tiny tallywhacker.
Does anyone remember who provoked this remark and why? Just curious.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IIRC that was IBP, not a troll, Kelly. However, I think your question is timely, given Erin's remarkably measured response to Lifeman.

Do you think she feels pity for one who has shown himself to have a tiny trollywhacker?

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Divine Outlaw
Gin-soaked boy
# 2252

- Posted      Profile for Divine Outlaw   Author's homepage   Email Divine Outlaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kyralessa seems to be doing fairly well in the under the bridge stakes at the moment. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
insert amusing sig. here

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
just what i was thinking....... wonder how much longer she's got... [Devil]
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If s/he's the best troll in the running we're in lovely shape.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
If s/he's the best troll in the running we're in lovely shape.

You call that lovely shape? We have one newbie who's just pissing people off, and one mid-termer who's making thinly disguised threats then not carrying them out. Poor show, if you ask me.

I want to see Erin the Alligator in action again!

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eh, Chris, I was just issuing an opinion, an observer's opinion. I'm not one actually getting my hands into the threads and trying to fix them. Or fix the posters.

So I bow to your superior insight. Assuming it is superior.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, the sweet smell of enlightenment on the summer breeze. Thanks, scot.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Chris T,

If I understand you correctly, there are only two trolls (of any note) who are presently active.

That sounds pretty good to me when there are well over 4000 posters registered. [Confused]

Divine Outlaw
Gin-soaked boy
# 2252

- Posted      Profile for Divine Outlaw   Author's homepage   Email Divine Outlaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
and one mid-termer who's making thinly disguised threats then not carrying them out.

?

--------------------
insert amusing sig. here

ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

Janine - fair enough, I posted my opinion as well. And there's nothing superior about me, I just know some of what goes on behind the scenes.

Lifeman - I was being a tad sarcastic. Let me explain. I like fireworks, arguments and spats. Therefore with only a handful of people 'rocking the boat' it's a "poor show" that we won't be getting much of that. Not that I want trolls particularly, but they do give me entertainment when they are slapped and thrown overboard.Hence:
quote:

Call me voyeuristic and nasty if you want.

Divine - I meant Lifeman. That's just my opinion from my observation, of course.

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Divine Outlaw
Gin-soaked boy
# 2252

Thank you, just like to know what's going on! [Cool]

--------------------
insert amusing sig. here

Ley Druid

Ship's chemist
# 3246

- Posted      Profile for Ley Druid   Email Ley Druid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Call me voyeuristic and nasty if you want.

I bet you're not alone.
I also bet that millions of people sit in front of the TV thinking similar thoughts when somebody is kicked off a "reality" show.

ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

One thing about the Ship, and I believe this is a signature for someone at the moment, is something someone said about Erin:

quote:
The difference is when Erin calls someone a fuckwit it is normally true (paraphrased)
That makes me feel a little less nasty [Smile]

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Chris T,

I've been percieved as minor troll at times but I don't think I've made any threats - I'm much to mild mannered for that. [Smile]

Timothy L
Shipmate
# 2170

- Posted      Profile for Timothy L   Email Timothy L   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, can't we all just get alARHG (Timothy L is kicked to death by a pack of rabid cute puppies)...

--------------------
Timothy

Posts: 757 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016