homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: MasterTroll Theater (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: MasterTroll Theater
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

- Posted      Profile for Lifeman         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good to hear from you again Timothy.
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lifean, I agree that you are mild-mannered. However there have been several posts of your lately that I consider to have given away your intent to troll (to whatever depth). That, in my book, is making threats. In the same way that one when joking with a friend could say "is that a threat or a promise?".

The real problem for me is that you in no way measure up to a real troll - you are but a pale imitation, a shadow, a fake copier of trolling tendencies. You have proved yourself to be no more interesting than a rather mediocre act on "Stars in Their Eyes".

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Come on ChrisT - at least let Lifeman practise.

How can you become a full heavyweight troll without a few gentle spars now and again? [Wink]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Fair point Chris,

I'll never be a great troll and that's because I could'nt take the vocation seriously enough. Some past instances of 'trolling' on my part have'nt been meant seriously at all and to my amusement I've been taken seriously. For example, I once posted a thread in Hell comparing America today to the ancient Roman empire (for example WWF is the new form of gladiators) and it was only meant to a joke - it got moved to purgatory! [Big Grin]

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lifeman:
For example, I once posted a thread in Hell comparing America today to the ancient Roman empire (for example WWF is the new form of gladiators) and it was only meant to a joke - it got moved to purgatory! [Big Grin]

That was my revenge on you for being such a low-life dickhead [Big Grin]

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you sure that wasn't revenge on some slight by Purgatory hosts?

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So I killed two birds with one stone? Got a problem with that? I sincerely hope so, since I've a new toasting fork here, and it needs to be christened with someone's blood...

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The One and Only Nanny Ogg:
Come on ChrisT - at least let Lifeman practise.

How can you become a full heavyweight troll without a few gentle spars now and again? [Wink]

[Eek!]

GASP.

Lifeman is liza's sock puppet.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'll never be a great troll and that's because I could'nt take the vocation seriously enough. Some past instances of 'trolling' on my part have'nt been meant seriously at all and to my amusement I've been taken seriously

So you admit you are an arsehole?

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

I don't think a quite said that - I normally
regard 'arseholes' as the kind of people who find
it difficult to express themselves without using expletives [Big Grin]

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
'arseholes'

Talking of which, is Jesuitical YoungMalePerson's recent assault on Purgatory an attempt at a decent troll, or just lashing out at Stoo for closing the other scat thread?

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

Damn it, Lifeman, could you be any more sanctimonious? You remind me of the kid who was top of the class, the one with the very shiny shoes and very proud parents, who would smile sweetly with just a hint of a sneer as others failed to attain his "standards".

For your reference, perchance it be something you encounter again:

troll = arsehole
Lifeman = troll (albeit a crap one)

therefore

Lifeman = arsehole

[that's one less beer, Chris]

[ 09. June 2003, 15:39: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Chris, In answer to your question, I could actually be more sanctimonious but I refrain from doing so lest it cause you any further offence, the avoidance of which is more important to me than furthering my posts. [Love]
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are trolls saved by grace or by good works? [Help]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kyralessa
Shipmate
# 4568

- Posted      Profile for Kyralessa   Email Kyralessa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:

Nope.

--------------------
In Orthodoxy, a child is considered an icon of the parents' love for each other.

I'm just glad all my other icons don't cry, crap, and spit up this much.

Posts: 1597 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

- Posted      Profile for Joyeux   Email Joyeux   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:

Pickling them in a barrel might work, or perhaps placing them in a wax museum would be better (coated in wax first, of course!)

I don't know any bank that would agree to save a troll in a safety deposit box, do you?

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Posts: 4318 | From: over th... no, there! | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it's been decided that on another thread that a vindaloo melts their insides...

Lime pickle anyone?

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

Why should Vindaloo attak trolls any more than anyone else? [Confused]

(for the record, I never order anything hotter than Rogan Josh [Cool] )

ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

Lifeman, gee, I don't know what to say. You're so ... kind [Tear]

PS - a recommendation: next time order a makhani - you might like it. Imagine a spicier korma. Mmmmmm.

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Mr. Spouse

Ship's Pedant
# 3353

- Posted      Profile for Mr. Spouse   Email Mr. Spouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So who was the last person to earn the troll avatar? And who's next...? [Devil]

PS I'm NOT volunteering, ok! [Paranoid]

--------------------
Try to have a thought of your own, thinking is so important. - Blackadder

Posts: 1814 | From: Here, there & everywhere | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Why should Vindaloo attak trolls any more than anyone else? [Confused]

(for the record, I never order anything hotter than Rogan Josh [Cool] )

On one of the flyswatting threads we had a few days back, someone said that Vindaloo dissolves "first your larynx then your sphincter." A clever soul (coughmecough) pointed out that if vindaloo dissolved sphincters, it should work on trolls.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Merseymike
Shipmate
# 3022

- Posted      Profile for Merseymike   Email Merseymike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, if you want something really unbearable, try a Malaysian Chicken laksa. Its an excruciatingly hot soup that manages to make a vindaloo seem like a korma even though its got lots of coconut milk.
Any Mancunians, the example at the Malaysian restaurant in Chinatown is particularly evil.

--------------------
Christianity is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be experienced

Posts: 3360 | From: Walked the plank | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cod
Shipmate
# 2643

- Posted      Profile for Cod     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Manalive.

He was around the first time I ever encountered the Ship. I thought that he was, basically, a fundie who just went too far. Clearly I was wrong?

--------------------
"I fart in your general direction."
M Barnier

Posts: 4229 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lifeman
Troll
# 579

It's 1.30 am and I've just gor back from an Indian restaurant but I avoided having a vindaloo
(just in case).

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Ounce of prevention, etc.

--------------------

Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TimSaunders:
Manalive.

He was around the first time I ever encountered the Ship. I thought that he was, basically, a fundie who just went too far. Clearly I was wrong?

he was around the first time I encountered the Ship too.

You were wrong, because he was thick, too.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Manalive just wouldn't let it lie.

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wood, I thought you'd been around a similar amount of time as me. I'd been here for a good few months, at least, before manalive made his debut.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nope. I arrived last quarter 1999.

Ahh, the olde days, eh?

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016