homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Who is the sour mouthed COW who went to Colditz this year? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Who is the sour mouthed COW who went to Colditz this year?
alistair_holland
Apprentice
# 5130

- Posted      Profile for alistair_holland   Email alistair_holland   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Articles of this nature serve no other purpose than to discourage people, to cultivate cynicism and hatred. I know it was funny but surely our priority as Christians is to encourage our brothers and sisters and not to spend our time in unconstructive criticism, or dare I say it blatant abuse of one another.
It basically boils down to this. When Jesus spoke it was only to benefit the people he loved in one way or another. There is no encouragement in this article, neither is there any love.
So I can only come to the conclusion that the article in question has no place in God’s work.
I think that this is a fairly basic and obvious teaching that applies to all traditions of Christianity, regardless of culture and denomination.

What on earth has this article achieved? How many lives will it change? What difference has it made to the areas that it so bluntly criticises? People, people, people! Nothing ever changed through whining and moaning. Discontentment is a result of sitting around moaning and refusing to do anything about problems. I have to pose the question. Is there room for so called ‘Christian satire’ of this kind in our faith? If anyone can back the usefulness of this article with scripture then I would love to here about it. As far as I can see it’s only really made a few people a bit more bitter and cynical.

OK we’ve all had a chuckle about it and I like a laugh as much as the next person. The funniest thing about the article for me is the fact that thousands of people were having the time of their lives at that camp, including me. Meanwhile our Author, on a ‘Super Spiritual Journalistic Crusade’ was picking a fight with everyone and everything that came her way. She clearly enjoys her misery, confrontation, manipulation etc. but each to there own I guess?

The article is pure contradiction from start to finish. It complains about so many things and at the same time is completely void of the one thing that is truly important. Love.
Oh and one more thing.
A friend of mine made this valid point regarding criticism:
“If you don't want to be criticised do nothing!”

I.E. It’s much easier to criticise something than to actually do it.
To the author;
What is it that you hope to achieve in writing this article? All I can here is a bunch of whining.
Where is the love?

--------------------
Moooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Posts: 3 | From: Cumbria, UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's right.

And I thought this was supposed to be a Christian web-site.

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that's the Seven Woes and 1 Corinthians out of the canon, then.

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my.

And so very lovely to meet you too, Alistair. I agree 100% with your comments. I thought this was supposed to be a Christian web site. These people ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Damn. Chapelhead got in there before me.

[ 30. October 2003, 13:56: Message edited by: Sine Nomine ]

alistair_holland
Apprentice
# 5130

- Posted      Profile for alistair_holland   Email alistair_holland   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear dyfrig.
I think you have missed my point.
I have no problem with God's judgement nor constructive criticism. My problem is with those who judge without love. This article was written without love in mind.
Al

--------------------
Moooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

strathclydezero

# 180

- Posted      Profile for strathclydezero   Email strathclydezero   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alistair_holland:
If anyone can back the usefulness of this article with scripture then I would love to here about it. As far as I can see it’s only really made a few people a bit more bitter and cynical.

You missed the bit about Job, and that bit called Ecclesiastes?

--------------------
All religions will pass, but this will remain:
simply sitting in a chair and looking in the distance.
V V Rozanov

Posts: 3276 | From: The Near East | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, now that that's out of the way, what's your take on gay bishops, Alastair?
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How do you know that this piece, however minimally, does express a judgement that ought to be heard by the organisers of this farcical, sub-Christian event?

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
GeordieDownSouth
Shipmate
# 4100

- Posted      Profile for GeordieDownSouth   Email GeordieDownSouth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
SCZ:

They both offer a note of hope.

Christian holidays, bizarre things. Not been to one surrounded by barbed wire though.

Hang on... yes I have.

I've defeated my own argument. Goodbye.

[ 30. October 2003, 14:31: Message edited by: GeordieDownSouth ]

--------------------
----------------------

No longer down south.

Posts: 689 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
strathclydezero

# 180

- Posted      Profile for strathclydezero   Email strathclydezero   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GeordieDownSouth:

Articles like this offer me a note of hope too.

--------------------
All religions will pass, but this will remain:
simply sitting in a chair and looking in the distance.
V V Rozanov

Posts: 3276 | From: The Near East | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GeordieDownSouth
Shipmate
# 4100

- Posted      Profile for GeordieDownSouth   Email GeordieDownSouth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by strathclydezero:
quote:
Originally posted by GeordieDownSouth:

Articles like this offer me a note of hope too.
Good [Yipee]

--------------------
----------------------

No longer down south.

Posts: 689 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Dear dyfrig.
I have no problem with God's judgement nor constructive criticism. My problem is with those who judge without love. This article was written without love in mind.
Al

Or perhaps I love the organisers enough to call it how it was, and tell them the truth, rather than simpering and saying it was all fantastic, when it wasn't?

Y'know, like Jesus with Simon Peter? Jesus calls him blessed when he does good (Mt 16:17), and then tells him when he does get it wrong (Mt 16:23).

Or are you just upset because I wasn't uncritically adoring of it all? Because I actually have a brain, and a mouth, and have used them both. Which is a sin in church. Although not as great a sin as breaking the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt be nice to one another.

[Roll Eyes]

Sarkycow

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

alistair_holland
Apprentice
# 5130

This is a very poor excuse for being so blasé, antagonistic and spiteful. As for the truth, I’ve never read such a biased and coloured article in my life. Give it up. Your article didn’t come anywhere near the truth as normal people would see it, you’re just out for the story.
Try to convince yourself that your doing good but I can assure you that I’ve read far more respectable journalism in the ‘Sunday Sport’.
My original points still stand.

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This is a very poor excuse for being so blasé, antagonistic and spiteful. As for the truth, I’ve never read such a biased and coloured article in my life. Give it up. Your article didn’t come anywhere near the truth as normal people would see it, you’re just out for the story.
Try to convince yourself that your doing good but I can assure you that I’ve read far more respectable journalism in the ‘Sunday Sport’.

Your version of reality and mine evidently differ. And there's no point trading numbers to prove who's viewpoint is shared by the majority.

I'm interested as to what you think I should 'give up'? You have been so right so far about the article, and my motivations, and Colditz itself, not to mention how other people viewed it. Or not, as the case may be.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
I'm having difficulty wrapping my little brain around the phrase "Christian holiday camp". I just can't cram those particular words together in a meaningful way somehow.

If the author of the report will only start saving up now, I'm sure she can afford a lovely holiday in Ibiza next year.

Personally, I was imagining the movie Tommy while reading this.

Good morning, campers!

Just wait until the inmates--er, campers--start singing "We're not going to take it." Maybe then they will leave the burning trash dump (Gehenna) and return to the faith of their father, so to speak.

(Can you tell that I was one of the few people in the Western hemisphere that actually liked that movie?)

I do technical writer for a living, not creative writing. My skills are not up to what is called for in this case. Having watched the various abilities of people on this board, I will ask humbly of Sine Nomine to write a Colditz version of "Tommy's Holiday Camp," complete with the ka-ching of the cash register.

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This article was written without love in mind.
Alistair; And I suppose that sentence was?

(to which he replies, "Well I am only being honest and telling it like I see it." To which I reply "And that is exactly what SC was doing in her little piece." QED)

But I think Alistair has a point, why can't we all just get along?

P

will not make jokes about sarcky having "love on her mind", will not will not

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
alistair_holland, Love in the bible is also mentioned as telling the truth in love [Ephesians 4:15]. I don't see you doing that to sarkycow here, at all, I just see is you here going off about her intentions in her article. Shoot, you even tell her to "give-it-up". How encouraging, how edifying to your sister in da Lord, how bibical.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Articles of this nature serve no other purpose than to discourage people, to cultivate cynicism and hatred....

Yada, yada, yada.

I.E. It’s much easier to criticise something than to actually do it.
To the author;
What is it that you hope to achieve in writing this article? All I can here is a bunch of whining.
Where is the love?

Mr. Holland, great piece of biting sarcasm. Using whinning like this to make your point about Ms. Cow is the sign of a true genius. When are you going to write more like this?

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

quote:
Dear dyfrig.
Al

Oh, my. A Mark the Punk that takes himself seriously.

Mr. Holland, let me personally welcome you to Hell. I'm sure your time here will be very interesting.

May you live in interesting times.

--------------------

—Ezekiel 16.49

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

quote:

So you never have read such a biased and coloured article that was so blasé, antagonistic and spiteful? Is that so? Try this article on for size.

(Warning, commenting upon the linked article here immediately takes you to Dead Horse territory. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.)

--------------------

—Ezekiel 16.49

In Theory

Ship's supernova simulator
# 2964

- Posted      Profile for In Theory   Email In Theory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt the Mad Medic:

The author was going to the conference for the second time, so they must have seen something positive in it the first year.

Why did you go back for a second year, sarky? [Confused]

P.S. Shit bugger arse [Mad]
[Edited to make more hellish.]

[ 30. October 2003, 17:26: Message edited by: In Theory ]

--------------------
Popular culture no longer applies to me.
~ Art Brut

Posts: 1167 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ce
Shipmate
# 1957

- Posted      Profile for ce   Email ce   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
As for the truth, I’ve never read such a biased and coloured article in my life. Give it up. Your article didn’t come anywhere near the truth as normal people would see it, you’re just out for the story.

Which seems to indicate that you need to get out and about in the real world a bit more. (Try reading the "Daily Mail" for a start.)

Oh and could you define precisely what you mean by "normal people" - preferably without throwing in the "Big C" word?

Some of us are trying hard to feel offended.

ce

--------------------
ce

Posts: 376 | From: Middlesex, U.K. | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
alistair strikes me as someone who would complain about the book Bored of the Rings not being serious literature.

Matt, is he someone you want on your side? And given that he is on your side, do you wanna come over to the other side?

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Articles of this nature serve no other purpose than to discourage people, to cultivate cynicism and hatred. I know it was funny but surely our priority as Christians is to encourage our brothers and sisters and not to spend our time in unconstructive criticism, or dare I say it blatant abuse of one another.

<snip>

What on earth has this article achieved? How many lives will it change? What difference has it made to the areas that it so bluntly criticises?
<snip>
[emphasis added]

Well, not that particular article, but the many others like it which have appeared on the Ship helped me overcome my decades of dislike for Christianity and convert. Perhaps in your view, however, it would be better if Christianity kept out those of us who prefer the company of people who can be sincere without being either self-righteous puckerbutts or wishy-washy Good Little Christians.

You've started off very precariously here on the Ship, Mr Holland. Newbies who post in Hell before they get their sealegs and run around telling the shipmates how they should be behaving often lose their balance and fall overboard. There be sharks in those waters, too!

Just for good measure, I'll hand you back a bit of your own advice:

quote:
What is it that you hope to achieve in writing this [post]? All I can here [sic] is a bunch of whining.
Where is the love?

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps Mr Holland is just taking the piss by pretending to be a hilariously brain-dead self-righteous newbie who understands nothing about the philosophy or aims of the site.

If so, his posts are a remarkable comedic acheivement.

But somehow I doubt it...

L.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Or perhaps he's being a Warrior and Trying to Make a Difference.
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can almost see the badge on his avatar, really I can.

So if we're not meant to criticize one another, being Good Christian Boys and Girls™ and all, what should we say when someone makes a balls-up of living according to their words? Or when an event is a complete flop? Or when someone is completely unsuitable for the role they have placed themselves in? Or when adherance to obscure, vague and ill-researched Biblical passages comes above the overiding commandment to love?

Peter, you got it wrong. Tut tut.

Annaias (sp?) and Sapphira, naughty naughty.

Pharisees and Saduccees - you cheeky cheeky people!

Oh, sorry. Of course we aren't meant to criticize Christians or the church. So where is that bit in the Bible where it says that we are to judge ourselves? Can anyone point that out to me, I know it's there.

alistair_holland, welcome to the Ship. I hope you have a good time aboard. After all you are an honoured guest - no one else has earned their Certified Asshat Certificate© after only three posts!

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah it took ChrisT nearly 1500 [Big Grin]

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't you dare piss on my bonfire, Understudy.

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is where I'm supposed to step in as an uninvolved Hellhost and welcome alistaire_holland, and gently advise him to read the guidelines for the specific boards and reread the 10-C's. I should probably sternly warn him that this behaviour really would not be acceptable anywhere else on The Ship, even though it is perfectly fine here in Hell.

I really should.

But I'm not. I'm going to just sit here, chuckling evilly.

-RooK
Hellhost

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Errrr ... whatever happened to cutting Apprentices some slack? Even when they blunder into Hell and say foolish things?

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
This is where I'm supposed to step in as an uninvolved Hellhost and welcome alistaire_holland, and gently advise him to read the guidelines for the specific boards and reread the 10-C's. I should probably sternly warn him that this behaviour really would not be acceptable anywhere else on The Ship, even though it is perfectly fine here in Hell.

I really should.

But I'm not. I'm going to just sit here, chuckling evilly.

-RooK
Hellhost

See, this is why you are sentenced to live in the US. Once you learn how to be a Nice Canadian™ like all the others*, Ottowa will let you return. If you don't start working on your attitude, you may never see a real hockey game again. Worse yet, you will have to keep drinking American beer.

You wouldn't want that would you?

*Passive agressive, masking criticism using apologies.

--------------------

—Ezekiel 16.49

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
was wondering that myself, wanderer. granted, he did come in with both guns a-blazin', but still, although he expressed himself strongly, and not very tactfully, there was some truth in what he said.

one can tell the truth in love, and say it exactly how it is, without doing it by trashing something.

the irony is that alastair seems, to me, to have done to sarkycow exactly what he is ranting at sarkycow about doing.

oh, and btw, i mentioned it in a joking manner before, but i'm going to be a bit more serious now. i don't think its exactly in good taste to compare, well almost anything, to a nazi prison camp. except another prison camp.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You spelled Ottawa wrong but serves the heathen right since he refuses to acclimate 100% and drop all his "U"s. He lives in the USA, talk about biting the hands that FEEDS.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, I thought I was cutting the newbie some slack...

...comparatively speaking.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Atmospheric Skull

Antlered Bone-Visage
# 4513

- Posted      Profile for Atmospheric Skull   Email Atmospheric Skull   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nicolemrw:
i don't think its exactly in good taste to compare, well almost anything, to a nazi prison camp. except another prison camp.

You'd certainly be correct if Colditz had been a concentration camp. But it was a prison for escapee Allied officers, and thus the subject of dozens of cheery gung-ho patriotic prisoner-of-war films. This makes it common cultural currency, and much more wholesome source material for insulting comparisons, I feel.

--------------------
Surrealistic Mystic.

Posts: 371 | From: Bristol, UK | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well! Everbody has been so busy engaging with Alistair_Holland that nobody has offered to show him the ropes.

Welcome to Hell, Alistair. If your butt isn't already toasted, it will be soon. Please read the Ship FAQs as well as the Hell guidelines. I write this In Christian Love (tm) because I want whatever is left of you after the denizens rip you limb from limb because you seem to have Shit For Brains (tm) to enjoy his stay in Hell.

And since, with only 3 (count 'em) posts under your belt, I betcha anything that nobody has yet pointed out to you that there are Shipdecks where people are Nicer (tm) than they are in Hell.

Best of wishes as you journey into the Heart of Christian Unrest (tm)
tomb
hellhost

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ce
Shipmate
# 1957

- Posted      Profile for ce   Email ce   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And while he's at it he might as well look up the thread that would show him how to do ™'s properly.

ce

--------------------
ce

Posts: 376 | From: Middlesex, U.K. | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eat shit and die, ce. I can't be bothered with that fru-fru stuff.
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Incidentally, the Fru-Fru Stuff™ can be found here, in The Styx.
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, and isn't it interesting to see which Hellhost MUST have been reading the frou-frou thread and even bothered to post on it?

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

After ce finished discovering which shit is lethal, you may consume it also Gritty-girl.
Grits
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Natch. I never dish it out if I can't take it in.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

You produce Lethal Shit™? Is that embarrassing for you? Do you have to register your ass a Toxic Hazard for transportation purposes?
Grits
# 4169

Never embarassing on this end, but I really can't speak for the recipients. And mine has been registered since you were doodying in your diapers. But my a** is way too nice to be considered a hazard.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Heeeey, waitaminute...
(checks diaper)

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

For the record, Macs map extended ASCII differently, and all those cool little fixes in that ridiculous Styx thread (which I just encountered for the first time) end up looking like Serbo-Croatian unless the Mac people re-map their character set. I don't feel like soiling myself to that extent. So to speak.
Grits
# 4169

And in keeping with the theme...
quote:
Originally excreted by Tomb:
I don't feel like soiling myself to that extent.

--------------------

Assistant Village Idiot
Shipmate
# 3266

- Posted      Profile for Assistant Village Idiot   Author's homepage   Email Assistant Village Idiot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish people hadn't baited Alistair into more posts. His first one was such a subtle, nuanced satire, and I was greatly impressed. Then on posts two and three I realized this was the real A-H, and it depressed me.

Take a breath, lad. A good percentage of folks here are Christian by however strict a definition you want to create. Holy and Pious are quite different from each other.

--------------------
formerly Logician

Posts: 885 | From: New Hampshire, US | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
Errrr ... whatever happened to cutting Apprentices some slack? Even when they blunder into Hell and say foolish things?

We did.
quote:
Originally posted by nicolemrw:
the irony is that alastair seems, to me, to have done to sarkycow exactly what he is ranting at sarkycow about doing.

But when someone does this, and so damn blatantly, they are asking for a slapping. And a slapping they got.

So there™©®

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016