homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Who is the sour mouthed COW who went to Colditz this year? (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Who is the sour mouthed COW who went to Colditz this year?
The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
Being bisexual means that you are capable of forming a loving, supportive, sexual relationship with either a man or a woman. Well, more likely, you are capable of forming a loving, supposrtive sexual relationship with the specific person that you fall in love with, regardless of their sex. Bisexuals are just as capable of monogamous relationships as straights and gays. (verb corrected on first line by TBAS)

[Axe murder] [Votive] Amen! Preach it, sister! [Votive] [Axe murder]

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
3M Matt
Shipmate
# 1675

- Posted      Profile for 3M Matt   Email 3M Matt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Matt, hate to tell ya, buddy, but I can't count the number of men I ran up against (if you'll pardon the expression) in my wilder days in the siesta room of the local YMCA who wanted some action before they went home to their wife and kids.

It's not that subconscious. Sorry.

YMCA? Well, what do you expect from Village people fans??? [Big Grin]

matt

--------------------
3M Matt.

Posts: 1227 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
3M Matt
Shipmate
# 1675

- Posted      Profile for 3M Matt   Email 3M Matt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Be bisexual means that you are capable of forming a loving, supportive, sexual relationship with either a man or a woman. Well, more likely, you are capable of forming a loving, supposrtive sexual relationship with the specific person that you fall in love with, regardless of their sex. Bisexuals are just as capable of monogamous relationships as straights and gays.
Babybear, if what you say is really true, then bisexuality is the status every human being should be aiming to achieve.

On the basis of what you have written here, to have any preference sexually towards either gender over the other, would amount to a kind of sexism. To be straight (or gay for that matter) means, by inference that you are incapable of certain sexual attractions. In other words, you are inferior or deficent.

Clearly to be capable of forming a relationship the rest of us are incapable of implies these people are socially and sexually better than the rest of us.

And that is so far from the truth of bisexual people I know, it's just not true. The reality is that most bisexual people I have known struggle deeply with identity and role issues in relationships...and not just their sexual/romantic ones.

matt

--------------------
3M Matt.

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt the Mad Medic:
YMCA? Well, what do you expect from Village people fans

Cute, Matt. But that's not addressing my point.
Presleyterian
Shipmate
# 1915

- Posted      Profile for Presleyterian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RooK, as difficult it is for one to find suitable humble servants and willing sex toys these days, exhorbitant customs duties are making it cost-prohibitive to import them from the True North Strong and Free. Or so I'm told.

Gentleman Coot, one of these days I should share with you a parody an English prof friend of mine wrote for my (cough-cough) birthday, La Belle Dame's Damn Mouthy. I've never quite figured out what a "grot" is -- grotto? grotta? grotty? -- but whatever it is, I'm fairly certain mine isn't "elfin."

Oh, and sorry, Matt, I'll be the first to say I could be absolutely wrong on this, but something about your comments on the messy and difficult struggles of adults trying to maintain meaningful intimate relationships makes me suspect that you're speaking more from the latest I Kissed Dating Good-Bye-type book and less from substantial real world experience. But as I said, I could be wrong.

Posts: 2450 | From: US | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pres et alii: "grot" is "grotto". I'm not sure I"d want anyone characterizing my "grot" as "elfin", but some guys like that kind of thing, I hear.

Just had to clear that up. You may go about your bidness.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did you know?

Joshua Harris also wrote "Boy Meets Girl", an excellent f-up to "I Kissed Dating Good-bye".

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
if what you say is really true, then bisexuality is the status every human being should be aiming to achieve.

Okay, explain how you made that leap? We should certainly love all, regardless of sex, but to go from that to saying that we should be able to love all in a sexual way is rather 'barking'.

You really need to learn some basic logic.

quote:
The reality is that most bisexual people I have known struggle deeply with identity and role issues in relationships...and not just their sexual/romantic ones.
Has anyone explained to you the different between 'anecdotal evidence' and research?

I can't help wondering if your major experiences are school and university. If that is the case, then it is not suprising that you have such a distorted view of sexuality and the world in general.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

The reality is that most bisexual people I have known struggle deeply with identity and role issues in relationships...and not just their sexual/romantic ones.

matt

The reality is that most people I have known struggle deeply with identity and role issues in relationships ...

Neil (watching Matt's comments from afar with total amazement that there is anyone out there like him)

[And the first edit of the day goes to Starbelly, so he gets no mean comment.]

[ 10. November 2003, 08:35: Message edited by: Sarkycow ]

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
elsi

Live from Elsewhere
# 2098

- Posted      Profile for elsi     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Eek!] I'm absolutely stunned that someone actually believes some (oh heck, just about all!) of the crap that is spewing from Matt on this subject!

A male colleague and I just spent the best part of a month working away from home. In addition to working closely together on the project, travelling to sites together and so forth, we also (shock horror!) stayed over in the same hotel and ate out together every night. We got on exceptionally well. In the light of Matt's postings however, I'm stunned that at no point did the slightest bit of sexual tension rear its head.

I can only suggest that this must be because...oh I don't know...we are p-r-o-f-e-s-s-i-o-n-a-l or something...

Indeed his wife was more than happy about the situation (apparently I encouraged him to phone home more than our male colleagues! [Big Grin] ).

quote:
Originally posted by Presleyterian:
Call it a rule. Call it a principle. I call it a very conveeeeeenient way to discriminate against women in the workplace.

Absolutely! [Overused]

quote:
Originally posted by Matt the Mad Medic
As I understood it, the boss used the principle to avoid women getting to do any important stuff. If he wanted women to succeed and be important in the company, AND stick to his principle, he could have easily done so. For example, the boss could *shock horror* send TWO women away on the business trip together.

Hmmmm... Except of course I'm the only woman in my department Matt.

And I can't help getting the feeling that you, like some of my more backward colleagues, feel that's probably one too many. [brick wall]

Grow up or get out our way. [Mad]

--------------------
the cap fits - I'm wearing it

Posts: 272 | From: Manchester | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

quote:
Also remember that very few people are 100% straight or gay, but most have degrees of bisexuality.
I'm not that sure about this. It's one of those things that has become part of pop. psychology in the last 20 years or so, and is ofen quoted, but I'm not sure what' it's quantifiably based on.
Although there are some ligitimate criticisms that can be made of it, the place to start to learn something rather than pull "facts" out of your ass is the Kinsey Institute. Go to the link on the "Kinsey Homosexuality Scale" to learn about the range of sexuality. I linked to the FAQ because many of the statististics therein are relevant to other parts of this discussion.

Interestingly, it's hard to find evidence on the net to afirm or deny the claim that "most people" have at least a little bisexuality. A lot of taxonomies have been explored from Kinsey to Klein (the KSOG), but few results showing distributions across those taxonomies are available on the net. (I found a site saying that Kinsey reported 18% of males fell in categories 3-6, but the crucial question is how many are in categories 1-6 since category 0 is "pure heterosexual"). Mostly, researchers still seem to be working out how to classify people's orientation in a fashion that is exhaustive and inclusive.

quote:
If it is true, it can only be true on a subconcious level. (since the majority of straight men will give a slight shudder at the idea of themselves kissing/having sex with another man even if they don't object to other people doing it).
Pure bullshit. The Kinsey Scale, for instance, is assessed on individuals based upon their conscious preferences and behaviors, and I for one question that the disgust that Matt and homophobes like him feel and direct towards same sex affection is not culturally instilled rather than normative and inate as his ilk claim without any kind of support.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
3M Matt
Shipmate
# 1675

ohhh...you get your "facts" from Alfred Kinsey do ya?!! Me kettle..you Pot. [Killing me]

--------------------
3M Matt.

Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
ohhh...you get your "facts" from Alfred Kinsey do ya?!! Me kettle..you Pot. [Killing me]

No, idiot, I said it was the place to START. Most of the results on the FAQ are from far more recent studies than the ones from the forties which are rightly criticised for the survey samples (and taxonomy, for that matter). He provided a framework which others have improved upon, and the citations in the FAQ point to more rigorous and current results than the initial Reports.

[eliminated ambiguous reference]

[ 10. November 2003, 17:44: Message edited by: Mertseger ]

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
3M Matt
Shipmate
# 1675

quote:
Oh, and sorry, Matt, I'll be the first to say I could be absolutely wrong on this, but something about your comments on the messy and difficult struggles of adults trying to maintain meaningful intimate relationships makes me suspect that you're speaking more from the latest I Kissed Dating Good-Bye-type book and less from substantial real world experience. But as I said, I could be wrong.
You could hardly be more wrong on this one. My hatred of Joshua Harris (and Joyce Hugget too incidently...) is profound.

I insisted on their removal from a bookstall of a summer camp for 14-18 year olds I was helping run over the summer, lest the innocent young teenage minds by corrupted by such puritanical, guilt inducing, holier than thou crap.

For this I recieved some frowns, and worried looks. I'm sure people were later praying about my dangerously liberal tendancies....
matt

--------------------
3M Matt.

Presleyterian
Shipmate
# 1915

- Posted      Profile for Presleyterian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's good to know, Matt. Congratulations for taking such a principled stand. But now I'm even more worried that you actually thought up all these cockamamie ideas on your own.

Thanks for the clarification, Laura. "Elfin grottoes"? Keats got out about as much as Matt, I guess.

And Duchess, before you swoon over Boy Meets Girl, read an excerpt from Harris' latest book where he describes how his uncontrollable lust is threatening his marriage.

Posts: 2450 | From: US | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
not sure that this is germain to the discsion, but i have found myself reminded of an incident her at the library some years ago.

a man came in and asked for books on homosexuality. he explained his situation: he was gay, but his best friend was straight. best friend had just gotten married, and best friend's wife was very concerned about her husband's friendship with a gay guy. the guy was looking for something that would allay the wife's fears.

poor guy. i gave him what i had, hope it was good enough.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Presleyterian - you dang rained on my parade.
Buying THE BOOK. [brick wall]

[And I thought Josh was a good boy [Waterworks] ]

[ 10. November 2003, 19:34: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Piling in a bit late here, but felt the need to add my 2p to the tangent on the tangent on the.... what was the subject of this thread again?

quote:

*Scenario A*

Partner 1: "I'm going out for lunch with a friend of the opposite sex. Do you mind?"

Thing is Matt (and yes I know that was a simplification of a generalisation, but anyway) you've fallen down on this with the first line of your sample dialogues, never mind the rest. I have never said to my husband "I'm going out for lunch with a friend of the opposite sex". I have, on the other hand, regularly said 'I'm going for lunch with Ben' or 'Phil' or 'Al' or whoever. My husband's reactions to each of these people will be different, because of different relationships, different histories, and different contexts of each of them. The fact that they are all male is one factor in that, and certainly not the defining one.

Before I was married I admit I maybe had a bit more time for the kind of point you're making. But let me tell you, the most important thing I've learnt since getting married is that paying too much mind to all those stereotypes and generalisations about men and women can be a very bad idea. The biggest threat to the early days of my marriage was all the stuff I'd been fed about 'what men like' and 'what men are like'. It seemed my husband just hadn't read the right books and was determined to be an individual with some 'masculine' and some 'feminine' and some 'where the hell did that come from' characteristics. Quite put me off my stride at first, but now I think I prefer it......

b

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gremlin
Ship's Cryptanalyst
# 129

- Posted      Profile for Gremlin         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by elsi:
In the light of Matt's postings however, I'm stunned that at no point did the slightest bit of sexual tension rear its head.

That's what you think [Biased] [Devil]

Gremlin

--------------------
Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
Ahhh...I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again...
Oh I get it... like humour... but different.

Posts: 5221 | From: Isle of Man | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
elsi

Live from Elsewhere
# 2098

- Posted      Profile for elsi     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Paranoid]

[Help]

--------------------

Gremlin
Ship's Cryptanalyst
# 129

Sorry, elsi, just being Hellish... I'll stop now.

Gremlin

--------------------

3M Matt
Shipmate
# 1675

Gremlin..you took the words from my mouth [Big Grin]

I was actually more concerned about the wife who is more than happy to get rid of her husband for the best part of a month...what's she up to there then eh? eh? EH?!!! The milkman got an extra stop on his rounds has he??

Matt

--------------------
3M Matt.

kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

- Posted      Profile for kentishmaid   Author's homepage   Email kentishmaid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps she just wanted some concerted time on her own to get on with that novel she's been writing or whatever. It hardly need be an ominous sign.

[ 11. November 2003, 10:32: Message edited by: kentishmaid ]

--------------------
"Who'll be the lady, who'll be the lord, when we are ruled by the love of one another?"

Posts: 2063 | From: Huddersfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I was actually more concerned about the wife who is more than happy to get rid of her husband for the best part of a month...what's she up to there then eh? eh? EH?!!! The milkman got an extra stop on his rounds has he??

You have the mind of a pornographer. You don't seem to be able to imagine anyone in a relationship wanting some distance without running some downmarket smut scenario in your head. Listen, we don't even have milkmen any more: you buy cartons at the supermarket.

I do not say that welcoming the absence of your spouse is a good sign: but is more likely about friction or oppressiveness in the domestic arrangement, that because there is an off-stage lover.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
elsi

Live from Elsewhere
# 2098

Look no one was delighted at our having to be away from home, but sometimes we have to do these things in the line of work we're in. Specifically, to secure future workload to help pay our mortgages etc. Whilst we don't like it, we (and our families) understand that sometimes this is necessary.

All I was meaning was that given the professional parameters, it really (as far as I could tell Gremlin, don't start [Biased] !) wasn't a particular issue to anyone involved as to what the genders of those involved were. We were there to work, which is what we did.

The comment about his missus being happy that it was myself accompanying him, was merely a glib reflection on the fact I rate phoning home highly.

Matt, as Firenze has highlighted, you seem to have a strangely tuned mind about these things. Maybe it's not the genders that need separating, but those capable of mature, non-sexual, inter-gender relationships, from those that aren't.

In the meantime if you'd like to cover up with a veil and full length cloak so that the rest of us avoid any temptation where you are concerned then feel free.

But trust me, it so isn't necessary... [Devil]

--------------------

3M Matt
Shipmate
# 1675

People people! you really do take things to seriously sometimes.

Firenze, so long as I have the rest of the anatomy of a pornographer thrown in too, it's not really such a bad deal is it?

Elsi, I accept what you are saying. There are very many considerations with the question of what is good and bad practice in the workplace: Functionality, practicality, neccessity and morality are just some of them.

It is my belief that far too often it is morality that draws the short straw. You say yourself "no one was delighted". While we all accept we occassionally have to make family sacrifices for the sake of work, it just seems to me the balance too often swings in favour of work for too many people.

Workload is malignant. It grows uncontrollably if not ruthlessly checked.The more you do, ther more you are expected to do. I've just seen enough times that when family and work committments come into conflict, it takes a huge effort of will to ensure family comes out on top.

matt

babybear
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
People people! you really do take things to seriously sometimes.

You utter imbecile! All of the last goodness knows how many posts have been for your benefit! - trying to give you a bit of education about the world outside of your head.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Firenze, so long as I have the rest of the anatomy of a pornographer thrown in too, it's not really such a bad deal is it?

Not a porn star, Matt, a pornographer. The one who writes the stuff. No physical attributes implied (au contraire...), rather mental and emotional ones eg prurience, voyeurism, immaturity, inadequacy that sort of thing.
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Listen, we don't even have milkmen any more: you buy cartons at the supermarket.

No, we have a milkwoman, now what sort of spanner does that thrown into the works???

Neil

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
3M Matt
Shipmate
# 1675

quote:
Not a porn star, Matt, a pornographer. The one who writes the stuff. No physical attributes implied (au contraire...), rather mental and emotional ones eg prurience, voyeurism, immaturity, inadequacy that sort of thing.
A lot of pornographers are retired pornstars, or star in their own work actually! [ [Razz] ] I'm betting i'm the only person on the ship who can count a pornstar amongst my friends...(Yes, I'm serious). Damaging to my puritanical credentials I know. [Yipee]

matt

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There was a rumour going round my old secondary school that I was a Porn King.

Or was it a king prawn? I forget.

Anyway, we have a milkman.

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have a milkman too, but I don't think he is a pornstar. [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
# 34

chorister, introduce him to Dyf then. Who know what might happen?

We have a milkman, but we do not buy milk from him, only yogurt, and the occasional egg.

bb

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is an occasional egg a bit like an occasional table, bb?

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

- Posted      Profile for kentishmaid   Author's homepage   Email kentishmaid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Especially if it belongs to the curate?

--------------------
"Who'll be the lady, who'll be the lord, when we are ruled by the love of one another?"

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

Ah yes, it's like the curate's occasional table.

Neil

3M Matt
Shipmate
# 1675

What's with the Curates Egg expression??

Never understood that.

matt

--------------------
3M Matt.

babybear
# 34

quote:
Originally posted by dyfrig:
Is an occasional egg a bit like an occasional table, bb?

Well yes. But there needs to be a bit of work done on the egg if you try to put your coffee mug, or white wine spritzer.

First hard boil the egg, then lop off the top.
Have a lovely little arcylic top made to fit, and hey presto, you have an occasional egg.

bb

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What's with the Curates Egg expression??

Old Punch cartoon of clergypersons eating boiled eggs.

Young curate has been asked to stay at the Bishop's palace for some reason. (I think we are in the Trolloposphere)

At breakfast the bishop asks how his egg is.

He says something like: "very good, in parts, my Lord".

[Killing me]

(You won't get it. It's a MW thang)

[ 12. November 2003, 19:54: Message edited by: ken ]

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
auntbeast
Shipmate
# 377

- Posted      Profile for auntbeast   Email auntbeast   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
From, Firenze:Not a porn star, Matt, a pornographer. The one who writes the stuff. No physical attributes implied (au contraire...), rather mental and emotional ones eg prurience, voyeurism, immaturity, inadequacy that sort of thing.

From MTMM: A lot of pornographers are retired pornstars, or star in their own work actually!

I see. So, Matt, are you referring to most of heterosexual porn which features pasty nasty looking men with very young, enhanced women (ah isn't marketing wonderful), or gay men's porn which in my limited experience generally features the more attractive men.

Enquiring minds want to know... is it the nasty pudgy straight porn star you were aspiring to be, or the buff, built gay one with 6-pack abs?

Eagerly awaiting you answer, and the title of your first flick.....

Auntbeast

--------------------
"My vices are the children of a forced solitude that I abhor; and my virtues will necessarily arise when I live in communion with an equal" - Mary Shelley (Frankenstein)

Posts: 820 | From: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

- Posted      Profile for Chesterbelloc   Email Chesterbelloc   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Frankly, my main worry is that a "medic" thinks the mind is part of the anatomy.

Also, lets not make this egg/table/curate thing more complicated than it is. An occasional egg is simply the kind you'd find in a nest of tables. There - that wasn't so difficult, now was it?

CB

--------------------
"[A] moral, intellectual, and social step below Mudfrog."

Posts: 4199 | From: Athens Borealis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

Whereas two bottles of milk in a field is apparently a cows nest..... It all seems eminently transparent. Well, when you've drunk the milk, it is, anyway.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't the internet wonderful...

A curate's egg

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Ok, smarty-pants. What time-honoured (in military circles anyway) anecdote relies on -

The wire brush and the DDT?

Talitha
Shipmate
# 5085

- Posted      Profile for Talitha   Email Talitha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is this the one about the two patients with diarrhoea and one with a sore throat, and am I the only one who can't see what it has to do with the curate's egg?
Posts: 554 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Machine Elf

Irregular polytope
# 1622

- Posted      Profile for The Machine Elf   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by starbelly:
No, we have a milkwoman, now what sort of spanner does that thrown into the works???

Neil

A gentleman wouldn't brag about such things.

TME

--------------------
Elves of any kind are strange folk.

Posts: 1298 | From: the edge of the deep green sea | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ok, smarty-pants. What time-honoured (in military circles anyway) anecdote relies on -

The wire brush and the DDT?

Firenze,
you mean the wire brush and dettol.

L.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jerry Myer
Shipmate
# 3904

- Posted      Profile for Jerry Myer   Email Jerry Myer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What self indulgent introverted clap trap this thread is, grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
It wasn't a mistake, I just a found a new way that doesn't work....

Posts: 280 | From: Somewhere very very flat | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gremlin
Ship's Cryptanalyst
# 129

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Myer:
What self indulgent introverted clap trap this thread is, grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, interesting post from an Apprentice... in Hell as well. Welcome back to the Ship!

Gremlin

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Mr Meyer will now pass down the cabin and collect your threads for marking.

Stop writing and put down your pencils.

Any that are worth continuing will be returned to you tomorrow.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016