homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Presenting: SoF's The Cast Iron Chefs! (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Presenting: SoF's The Cast Iron Chefs!
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Coot-san)

[The scene: A sumptious arena, columns, arches (possibly styrofoam in construction, but realistic and of course... tasteful). Somewhere in the background Ten Commandments style theme music is playing. Against the dramatic scene, the silhouette of Chairman Belisaga is briefly focussed on, and the studio audience sits in hushed expectation, like spectators in the colosseum of Old Rome.

The spotlights turn to a panel, where a short fat guy in a tux is taking care of game show nuts and bolts.]

Coot-san: Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the inaugural episode of SoF's The Cast Iron Chefs! We have with us on the panel, SoF's distinguished critics and celebrities who we will be hearing from in a moment. Please welcome Duo Seraphim and Ariel; Kelly Alves and Firenze; and our ever-popular Kishi!!!

[The camera pans over a politely clapping audience (and rests momentarily on a young woman who appears to have brought a large esky of alcoholic beverages). They are possibly saving their rapturous applause for their favourite critic as each takes their turn at the mic. An ominous Southern Gentleman observes the proceedings with interest]

[ 30. March 2004, 10:48: Message edited by: Coot W*nkMeister Eckhardt ]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Kishi)

<Wearing a black kimono with lilac trim, Kishi smiles slightly and nods politely from the gallery.>

[ 08. January 2004, 01:40: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Ariel Critic-san)

(Wearing neat, elegant, suit in discreet shade of dark red. Bows to Coot-san and assembled crowd.)

I am delighted to have the honour of appearing here tonight. I am sure the Cast Iron Chefs and their worthy contenders will produce some truly amazing cooking that up till now only a truly cast iron stomach could appreciate. I anticipate some quite extraordinary performances of one kind or another.

(Sits back.)

[ 08. January 2004, 01:41: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Kelly Alves Critic-san)

(Kelly strolls in wearing a floor length wine colored velvet gown, with a high side slit that reveals her thigh-high black latex boots,and black satin elbow gloves. The low-cut front of her gown is crossed with a shiny black leather strap from her axe's back-sheath.She catches a rose someone flings her from the audience, gives it a long sniff, and winks)

I'm ready to be fed, Mr Coot.

(Removes axe sheath, sets by side of indicated chair, and sits,crossing her legs and bouncing one booted foot.Puts rose in cleavage.)

[ 08. January 2004, 01:42: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lurker McLurker™

Ship's stowaway
# 1384

- Posted      Profile for Lurker McLurker™     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's just forget the food part and have more of this sort of thing!

[ 05. January 2004, 22:04: Message edited by: 'Lurker' ]

--------------------
Just War Theory- a perversion of morality?

Posts: 5661 | From: Raxacoricofallapatorius | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Kelly Alves Critic-san)

(sniffing rose)

Am I supposed to introduce myself?

Well, here goes..

(picks up hem of dress and minces to mike)

Hi, I am Kelly, reisdent rodent with weaponry.I make my living on the ship as a lounge singer and supplier of esprit, and an thrice winner of the Dorothy Parker Snappy Comeback award for years 2001-2003 (I won twice in 2002, in the categories of Subtley Slashing and Deftly Demolishing.)When I am not surrounded by heartsick men, I am in the cafe trying to corrupt the Orthodox between 9 pm and 11 pm PST. It is an honor to be here, and I look forward to indulging in the luscious delights these fine chefs have to offer. Oh, and the food, too.

Thank you.

Tugs ear for Golden Key and sits

[Fixed code]

[ 08. January 2004, 01:43: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

--------------------

Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 'Lurker':
Let's just forget the food part and have more of this sort of thing!

In the audience, a middle-aged woman and the young woman with the booze confer in whispers. They decide that Kelly doing something with her rose is worth one drink.

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Sits down with much rustling.]

I finally got here. Sorry I'm late but those interns just didn't know one door from the other. Now who is who? Is Kelly -that's supposed to be a dress!?- the one that butchers the theme food? I mean, she's gotta have the axe for something. And who did this set? Jeez-louise! This is a kitchen? Oh, my. Maybe in Lost Atlantis.

Where's my program?. Now my glasses have dropped between the seats. Jesus! It's so damn dark in here. Is this thing written in Japanese or what? Sorry. I had it upside down.

Oh ssshh, yourself!

[ 08. January 2004, 01:45: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stumbles in, thinking this is the World Idol studio.
Thinks the woman in wine with the boots will start singing at any moment.....but what's with the axe?
Wishes she brought a flask of something strong, and waits for the short Norwegian to start singing....but where is he?

[ 08. January 2004, 01:46: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim*   Email Duo Seraphim*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Duo Seraphim Critic-san)

<Rummages in esky and produces a bottle of Bollinger Grande Annee and champagne flutes - what, you expected Foster's?>

Arigato gozaimasu, Coot-san! I'm looking forward to battle between Cast Iron Chef American and ... the Challenger. I am also looking forward to sampling the recipes made, of course, with the mystery ingredient.

<pop, gentle gurgle>

Have some champagne!

[ 08. January 2004, 01:47: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
2^8, eight bits to a byte

Posts: 3967 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Hauls out her purse the size of a suitcase.]

:thud:

Now, where the dickens did I put that rascal? Aha! Gotcha! [Big Grin]

[Pulls out a bottle of El Patron tequila, some tiny plastic cups, a baggie of lime wedges, and a salt shaker.]

Want a shot of the good stuff?

Plus I got some nice salsa cruda here that I chopped up special with chipotle and cilantro. Store-bought chips, but pretty good ones.

[ 08. January 2004, 01:49: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Firenze Critic-san)

Suddenly, a whisper runs round the audience (dives into the orchestra and exits stage left). To a growl of timpani and a low moan on the saxaphone, Firenze enters... She is wearing an understated little ensemble in black, gold, silver, azure, ultramarine and viridian with just the odd diamond clasp and only a few yards of pearls

Ah, Honourable Coot! Okikute ugokasenai Fujisan mitai da!* With you to direct us, I anticipate an evening of unspeakable... delights.

With a sussuration of silken folds, she takes her seat. Another whisper runs round the auditorium. Accompanied by a shiver.

*He looks as grand and immobile as Mount Fuji.

[ 08. January 2004, 01:50: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

[Lyda Rose dives back into her bag and firmly changes into her prescription sunglasses.

She doesn't spill a drop of liquor.] [Cool]

[ 08. January 2004, 01:51: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where there's a drinking game, there's Marvin...

Oh, and they've got food at this do as well? Cool.

When do they start cooking? I'm hungry...

Marvin fishes through the small aircraft hangar which doubles as his snack bag, and produces two steak sarnies, a supersize Dairy Milk and a 6-pack of Tetley. He settles down to enjoy the show.

[ 08. January 2004, 01:53: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Here is a picture of Marvin and his Tetley.]

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I must admit I'd been wondering why he'd brought no less than six packs of tea along with him, but that's the British for you.
Ronja
Shipmate
# 4693

- Posted      Profile for Ronja   Email Ronja   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Wakes up from her comfy nap and yawns conspicuosly.]

Oh, it's already started? Where is that gorgeous naked chef?

[Leans over to the row in front and borrows some tequila from Lyda Rose.]

Mmm, nothing like tequila to wake one up! Let's have a shot for every item of clothing that is discarded on stage...

[ 08. January 2004, 01:54: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

Posts: 742 | From: Up North | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, right. Tea. Sure. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Coot-san):
It is truly a pleasure, and we are honoured indeed to have these culinary experts and beautiful celebrities here with us tonight. ( -chink- Thankyou, Miss Duo)

[whispers] Now we wait for the inestimable Chairman Belisaga.

[Hushed expectation from the audience]

[ 08. January 2004, 01:55: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

halle lou
Shipmate
# 4090

- Posted      Profile for halle lou   Email halle lou   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Audience member in Aisle 12, seat 5 checks her watch for the umpteenth time and sighs as she watches the drool slide down her husband's chin, suddenly realizing why he really dragged her here...]

'It's a show about the Culinary Arts, honey, really!', he says... Culinary Arts my @*#!!!

"Isn't this show supposed involve food somewhere?!"

[ 08. January 2004, 01:56: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

Posts: 146 | From: Cumbria | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Chairman Belisaga-san)

With appropriate synthesizer-based fanfare, a vision of swirling brocaded robes bursts into view. Having arrested the attention of all, Chairman Belisaga now proceeds to Center Stage with deliberate, haughty steps. Upon reaching his mark, he slowly pulls an avocado from his robes; with a smoldering gaze, he delicately places his lips on it before taking his first cruel bite. The gustatorial ravishing done within a few seconds, he then proclaims:

From the corners of the Internet, I have collected the greatest experts of cuisine for my supreme delectation. Let any challenge them who so dare.

I summon the Cast Iron Chefs!

[Finally sorted out correct plot sequence]

[ 08. January 2004, 01:58: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

[Lyda hisses under her breath:]

Eww! Avocado skin!

Hey, wait a minute. I forgot the guacamole.

[Purse dives again.]

[ 08. January 2004, 02:00: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

(Ariel Critic-san)

The suspense is exquisite. I wonder what the surprise ingredient will turn out to be. For a moment I had a vision of pure, snowy white bread, unpolluted by crude natural ingredients, a triumph of all that is best in modern technology, a standard of artificial excellence that surely every factory must aspire to. But then I blinked, and it was gone, leaving me with a vague, haunting feeling of regret, akin to that described by Proust when first he dunked an entire slice of cake into his cup of tea.

[ 08. January 2004, 01:59: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rushes in, late and flustered

Did someone mention a naked chef?????

[PS Light: who won World Idol? I missed it!!! Grrr]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Lyda Rose settles in a content haze, lazily considering:

Hmmm. Velveeta. Peanut butter. Best of Fryer. Ooo! Fryer...KFC... [Axe murder]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(Kelly Alves Critic-san)

Rasies glass to Belisaga's pronouncement, then wonders how glass got there.

I am waiting for the Velveeta myself, Ariel. There is not enough attention given to processed cheese food, in my book; why settle for one cheese when you can have Colby, Swiss and Chedder blended all togedder?

The big question I am sure is on everyone's mind is condiments; will there be an emphasis on HP sauce or catsup, or will they allow for cultural differences in the chips sauce arena?

Note to Amazing Grace: I am game, but you are gonna have to be a little more specific about what I am to do with the rose. PM if you wish,

[ 08. January 2004, 02:01: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whoo hoo! She said catsup! Flausa (from her seat in the back row) quickly tosses back a shot of tequila.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
J. Howard Christ, Sine mutters to himself from his skybox, I've seen better outfits at cheap drag bars. On amateur night at cheap drag bars for that matter.

If these are the judges, one can only shudder to think what the contestants will be like. Should someone tell Belisaga he's got a bit of avocado skin stuck between his teeth?...Nah.

Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Grits opens the studio door just a bit and takes a look around. After only a few moments, she gasps, suddenly aware that alcohol is being used for something other than just cooking! Horrified, she shuts the door quickly and scurries down the hall, looking for the studio where The 700 Club is filming.]

[ 08. January 2004, 02:07: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Cast Iron Chef American)

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
J. Howard Christ, Sine mutters to himself from his skybox, I've seen better outfits at cheap drag bars. If these are the judges, one can only shudder to think what the contestants will be like.

Oh ye of little faith...

Iron Chef American rises from below the stage:

-

[ 08. January 2004, 02:54: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Timothy enters quietly wearing a black kimono, bows to the judges and the chefs. He sits on the floor and takes a bottle of Momokawa Diamond Sake from the bag he carries, pours it into a small, jade-green porcelain cup, and sips reflectively. "What a zoo," he thinks.]

[ 08. January 2004, 02:11: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
Iron Chef American rises from below the stage

How the heck does she see to stir? Sine wonders to himself. Nice pumps, though.

GO 'MERIKA!

Presleyterian
Shipmate
# 1915

- Posted      Profile for Presleyterian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seeing as how my Webster's defines a "pump" as "a shoe that is not fastened on and that grips the foot chiefly at the toe and heel," wouldn't those be more accurately described as Mary Janes?

Not that there's any reason why Mr. Nomine should know that.

[ 06. January 2004, 23:47: Message edited by: Presleyterian ]

Posts: 2450 | From: US | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's gay. Of course he should know that. I picture him as a cross between my beloved Carson and my beloved Ted, and you KNOW that Carson knows the difference.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Actually I do, having once worked in the Better Shoe Salon of a non-discounting department store. But for the tone of the thread, and the intended audience, I thought "pump" was better.

Would you care to see that Amalfi in a Nine, Madam?

[ 06. January 2004, 23:54: Message edited by: Sine Nomine ]

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Of course, we all know what that style of shoe is really called, and it does end in "pump". But this is Heaven, after all.
Presleyterian
Shipmate
# 1915

- Posted      Profile for Presleyterian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sine Nomine wrote: Would you care to see that Amalfi in a Nine, Madam?
Well, that, Dear, explains why you never reached the exalted position of Deputy Assistant Weekend Manager of Ladies Shoes. One never ever ever utters aloud any size above 7½B. If the patron looks like Cinderella's wicked stepsister trying to crowbar her way into the glass slipper, one euphemistically asks Would Madam care to see that Amalfi in another size? The "bigger" is presumed.

And I did love the QE episode in which Carson described one of the SG's pushy daughters as a C.I.T. -- Carson-in-Training.

[edited after SN changed the shoe size for no discernible reason]

[ 07. January 2004, 00:02: Message edited by: Presleyterian ]

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

But you see at least I was tactful enough to edit "eleven" down to "nine", but not quickly enough.

And I'll have you know I was assistant buyer. But, no, my commissions weren't impressive.

Presleyterian
Shipmate
# 1915

Then perhaps you can confirm my suspicion that the use of the word "salon" to describe the shoe department is guaranteed to add ten bucks to the price of even the Nine Wests.
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

I can neither confirm nor deny.

But whenever you see "Better Shoes" don't it just make you wanna ask where the "Worse Shoe" department is?

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

(Coot-san)

[The majestic chords of Thus Spoke Zarathustra thunder through the Ampitheatre. 3 shadowed cylindrical podiums rise slowly from beneath the stage - except Cast Iron Chef American's, which goes down, seeing as it popped up early due to a mechanical fault. Coot-san discreetly darts off the stage and the sound engineer cans the urgent whisperings. Now at last, Cast Iron Chef American triumphantly emerges - which unfortunately causes Cast Iron Chefs Professional and English Heritage to sink below the stage. More urgent whisperings. Unseen by the rapt audience, a dozen stage hands manually crank Cast Iron Chef American up again, who emerges rather jerkily under spotlights, along with her smoothly elevated sister chefs. The audience has been treated to possibly the longest ever special FX use of the Wagner. ]

Coot-san: The SoF Culinary Academy is a testament to the will and pursuit of epicurean excellence of our esteemed Chairman Belisaga. And seeking to test that excellence in the American style, is The Challenger: golden key!!!!

Let us hear from the Chefs and Challenger!

[ 08. January 2004, 02:12: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

This is starting to sound like the premiere of Antony and Cleopatra at the Met.
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was thinking more "A Streetcar Named Desire" or "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof".

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd eat anything cooked by either Marlon Brando or Paul Newman. If they were still young.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(The CHALLENGER)

(GK enters. She is dressed in a simple, soft blue, silk tunic and matching Chi pants, with embroidered blue satin slippers and white toe socks.

In her wake is a phalanx of shorter people. They are dressed in immaculate blue cooks’ wear. The logo on their aprons reads “H.E.C.K.” On the back of their shirts is emblazoned “House Elves Collective Kitchen”.

GK approaches Belisaga-san and kneels. She performs the tea ceremony for the chairman, using an exquisite ancient tea set. Once he has tasted the tea, house elves spread out and perform the tea ceremony for all present.

GK approaches Chef Erin, bows low, and presents her with a box of Godiva chocolates and a single, perfect chrysanthemum, floating in a blue crystal bowl.

GK kneels on a blue satin cushion, at a respectful distance from the chairman and critics. After clearing up the tea things and disappearing them, her assistants kneel in formation on cushions behind her.)

[ 08. January 2004, 02:13: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Kishi)

Admires the Raku firing on her cup and the exsquisite imperfection of the artisan's work. Sips her tea slowly enjoying the aroma. Smiles slightly. It's clear that the challenger has scored some points with one judge.

[ 08. January 2004, 02:14: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(Kelly Alves Critic-san)

(Kelly commences hootin' and holla-in', bouncing around in seat and upsetting her wine glass)

HOME-GIRL! HOME-GIRL! HOME-GIRL!

(Composes self)

Well, what a turn of events this is!

Given that one of the challengers is a Bayarean, I wonder if Chef Belisaga has seen fit to impose a "no pinenuts" rule. It may pose a challenge to Golden Key, but such regional frivolities should be curbed. Anyway, pinenuts taste crap with gator mea--uh, with Trailer Fare.

[ 08. January 2004, 02:15: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(RooK scrambles to re-focus the miniature camera attached to the cunning prosthetic rose he tossed earlier.)

Hee hee hee! Three-D!!!

[ 07. January 2004, 04:40: Message edited by: RooK ]

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim*   Email Duo Seraphim*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Duo Seraphim Critic-san)

Duo Seraphim critic-san, (who would much rather be wearing a little something by John Galliano)is wondering how the hell Japanese women manage in kimono. She mutters:
Hope the mystery ingredient isn't Vegemite.

[ 08. January 2004, 02:16: Message edited by: Icarus Coot ]

--------------------
2^8, eight bits to a byte

Posts: 3967 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016