homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Calling Erin to Hell (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Calling Erin to Hell
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What can I say? I'm an exhibitionist.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
monthly direct debit.... theres a thought....

Thhis threads inspired me!!! Does the ship lose money if i do it online (contribute that is [Biased] ) or shall i go right ahhead...?

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I dont need to contribute - i got it right [Biased]

I will tho [Big Grin]

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:

Lifeman and JohnBoot, please retire to your rooms until the talent round. Also, be aware that should either of you try to mount a swimsuit competition I shall be forced to kill you. HORRIBLY.

'Talent round'? [Paranoid]
I think I might need to nip out and replace _my_ bottle of whiskey (sadly depleted during the Cold from Hell) for that.

(Bushmills, just to get JohnBoot going [Devil] .)

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
elsi

Live from Elsewhere
# 2098

- Posted      Profile for elsi     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I was going to say Lifeman, but after recent posts I've got this feeling Spawn is endeavouring to qualify for 2 entries in the top 4!

Either way...top thread, so despite being broke a small donation to the organ fund is on it's way!

--------------------
the cap fits - I'm wearing it

Posts: 272 | From: Manchester | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bedtime for Martians. I look forward to reading the revelation tomorrow.

(my money would have been on Lifeman, but it's past the entry deadline...)

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by elsi:
despite being broke a small donation to the organ fund is on it's way!

Any amount helps and is valued, I'm sure. The widow's mite, etc.

As Father "X" at the Italian Mission up the street once put in the bulletin: "If those of you who put a dollar in the collection plate on Sunday would double it to two dollars it would make a big difference."

Don't ask how an Episcopalian knows Father "X". It would give La Druid a fit of the vapors. I call him "daddy", not "father".

...not La Druid. Father "X".

(Just kidding, but he is hot. Unfortunately he's taken already.)

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seeing as how we're at T minus 84 minutes and counting, I should take the time to thank both Norman and Spawn. You see, after my time in cnoversion hell, I had kinda lost interest in regular posting on the Ship.

Then Norman decided that this would be a fun little joke, and I admit, it did give me a slight chuckle. So I played along and then left it, thinking "nice little joke, time to move on".

Well.

Along comes Spawn, with his Rage Against the Machine, selective anti-authority stance, and viola! I am sucked back into it, big time. I wonder if he has any idea that if he'd just kept his fucking trap shut, this thread would have died after about maybe 28 posts and NONE of this would have happened. So my hat's off to you, Spawn, for being the catalyst of the very thing you seem to loathe.

Why yes, poetic justice IS my bitch.

--------------------

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spawn
Shipmate
# 4867

- Posted      Profile for Spawn   Email Spawn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Seeing as how we're at T minus 84 minutes and counting, I should take the time to thank both Norman and Spawn. You see, after my time in cnoversion hell, I had kinda lost interest in regular posting on the Ship...

...Along comes Spawn, with his Rage Against the Machine, selective anti-authority stance, and viola! I am sucked back into it, big time. I wonder if he has any idea that if he'd just kept his fucking trap shut, this thread would have died after about maybe 28 posts and NONE of this would have happened. So my hat's off to you, Spawn, for being the catalyst of the very thing you seem to loathe.

Why yes, poetic justice IS my bitch.

Glad to be of help, Erin. It'll be good to see you posting more again. More chance for me to vent my spleen. [Devil]
Posts: 3447 | From: North Devon | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So my hat's off to you, Spawn, for being the catalyst of the very thing you seem to loathe.

Now if he can just do the same for the CofE clergy retirement fund...
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My point Spawn was that I had a friking revelation that your “impossible to pin down” churchmanship / political position is in fact that of a fundy with a large vocabulary. It has been bugging me for a while because you will not actually describe in any significant detail where you are coming from (apart from your hatred of liberals, but then you won’t define what you mean by liberal so its all a bit confusing really) . But seeing you and Faithful Sheepdog post on the same thread gave me the epiphany.

You are a fundy, but one who cleverly disguises himself with a dictionary and an avoidance of biblical quotes.

Otherwise you show all the traits. I can not tell you how happy I am to have found a label to place on you, it makes it so much easier to be dismissive of you.

Of course the irony of this thread and the reason that it is driving you bugshit is that Erin is stealing your thunder. We (being mere lowly underlings) are used to her histrionics, here senseless rules, her making shit up just remain in the right, hell we kind of admire her for it. But these are all fundy tactics, ones you power mad nutters are both loath see in yourselves and even more pissed off about when you end up on the receiving end.

Here on board we need a benign dictator (well maybe benign is the wrong word). It is by far the most successful form of management for a vehicle such as this. What is pissing you off so much is that here Erin can get away with it and in so doing create a thriving community. Whereas when you try this shit in the real world everyone (except for a few other like minded right wing nutters) laughs.

I short she has, on board, a degree of power that you are envious of and it is driving you bugshit.

The extra topping is that I have never seen Erin abuse her power, whereas real life, out in the world fundies are mostly nasty pieces of work who go all moist at the thought of causing a bit of mayhem.

Before anyone gets all arsey I am using the word fundy in a highly pejorative way that has nothing to do with fundamentalism. It is at least a couple of years since we had a “Describe the fundy” thread so if you are worried you are one start it (in hell) and see what comes up. Grey polyester trousers is one dead give away.

I had forgot about John Boot, bugger, but I am sticking with Lifeman

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by Spawn:
It'll be good to see you posting more again. More chance for me to vent my spleen. [Devil]

I cry FOUL!!! This is a deliberate insult of those of us with congenital asplenia.

--------------------

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well spotted Pyx_e [Razz]

I am sticking with John Boot, as (I think) I was the first to suggest him, but please correct me if I am wrong.

However, I shall not be all *that* surprised if it is Lifeman. I have met Lifeman IRL and confirm that he is a twat. [Big Grin]

(Ok, I am drunk. So was Erin [Razz] )

[ 04. April 2004, 22:56: Message edited by: Papio* ]

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e.:
But these are all fundy tactics, ones you power mad nutters are both loath see in yourselves and even more pissed off about when you end up on the receiving end.

But his mom is really gracious and lovely though. She smiled at me once in a receiving line like she'd been waiting her whole life just to meet moi.

I cut him a lot of slack for that.

Spawn
Shipmate
# 4867

- Posted      Profile for Spawn   Email Spawn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
My point Spawn was that I had a friking revelation that your “impossible to pin down” churchmanship / political position is in fact that of a fundy with a large vocabulary. It has been bugging me for a while because you will not actually describe in any significant detail where you are coming from (apart from your hatred of liberals, but then you won’t define what you mean by liberal so its all a bit confusing really) . But seeing you and Faithful Sheepdog post on the same thread gave me the epiphany.

You are a fundy, but one who cleverly disguises himself with a dictionary and an avoidance of biblical quotes.

You do talk delightful rot sometimes, Pyxe. [Killing me]

I'm rather flattered to think you've spent time trying to work me out. If your revelation helps you then by all means categorise me how you like. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not unduly bothered by what others think of me.

chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm beginning to worry the server will crash come the great denouement.

Such is the excitement.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spawn
Shipmate
# 4867

quote:
Originally posted by Simply 'Normous:
quote:
But these are all fundy tactics, ones you power mad nutters are both loath see in yourselves and even more pissed off about when you end up on the receiving end.

But his mom is really gracious and lovely though. She smiled at me once in a receiving line like she'd been waiting her whole life just to meet moi.

I cut him a lot of slack for that.

Anyone who compliments my Mum gets my vote. I nominate Sine Nomine (or whatever he calls himself) for the best person on the Ship - are you doing that award as well tonight, Erin?
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Nah, you guys would never believe me if I told you, so better to leave you all in the dark.

--------------------

NO
Shipmate
# 5477

- Posted      Profile for NO     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's midnight here, so I shall leave this thread to the US shipmates, people from other time zones and insomniac UK people. I'll look forward to the revelation in the morning, though to be honest it's lost its shine somewhat as it seems impossible that there could be a shipmate who could match the virtuosic fuckwittery of our fundy friend. Shouldn't there be a "reopen nominations" option in this sort of situation?

Anyway, in response to the great and mighty empress bitch-queen of scaliness's kind words of thanks (hear that Spawn? That horrifying noise was the sound of me sycophantically kissing unmentionable reptilian bits), I would like to assure you that I will start a random thread with barely average potential any day of the week if it provides a suitable arena for such frolicksome larks. It has been most enlightening.

Night night all.

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not unduly bothered by what others think of me.
You sound more like a very early model of Erin with every post. A sort of 4lb late 70's Walkman (no Dolby) compared to a 60 gb Creative Zen MP3 player.

Glad I made you laugh though [Big Grin]

Sine, she probably thought you would make her son a lovely wife, if only he would stop all that beatniking around in Clifton. It was either that or gas.

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spawn
Shipmate
# 4867

quote:
Originally posted by Norman the Organ:
Well, it's midnight here, so I shall leave this thread to the US shipmates, people from other time zones and insomniac UK people. I'll look forward to the revelation in the morning, though to be honest it's lost its shine somewhat as it seems impossible that there could be a shipmate who could match the virtuosic fuckwittery of our fundy friend. Shouldn't there be a "reopen nominations" option in this sort of situation?

Is it worth bothering with such an ingratiating little creep. No, I think not.

Calls: 'I'll follow you up to bed in a minute, Norman'.

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Hey! You leave my minion alone.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
It was either that or gas.

No. Actually it was less than a week after our late, possibly lamented, ECUSA national convention, at a cathedral where the bishop, dean, and congo were bitterly divided.

I was most impressed by his folks' behavior, regardless of what they really thought. It was a class act.

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How much is it worth not to lock/delete/limbo this thread in the next 20 minutes?

Donations to the Organ Fund folks [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Lifeman. Lifeman.

Roll dem bones. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sarky you are wonderful but I'm afraid the Organ Fund will have to await my liberation from debtors' prison later in the month.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

Wonder how the Organ Fund is looking.

My figer is poised over the 'close thread' button [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

The moment of truth is at hand... who shall it be? The raving cretin from Manchester, or the paranoid freak from the Midwest?

Decisions, decisions.

While I dearly, dearly love both Sine and Pyx_e, to the point where I would gladly fuck both of them if the opportunity presented itself, Papio picked the winner. For no one can match the gibbering fuckwittery displayed in this thread. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... JohnBoot!!

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

Strange - I thought Erin would favour long-term fuckwittery over the short-term-but-lighting-up-the-sky fuckwittery.

Ah well, you live and learn [Biased]

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Look, I already mailed a very generous check Friday to Jacksonville. Plus I've got $25 on Lifeman, and the $25 in honor of Spawn.

Give us a break.

(Did I mention this was coming out of my sacrificial giving for under-priveledged children in my neighborhood? I think I did.)

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Huh. Will you look at that? I just had an anti-climax, right here in front of my computer. Anyone got an anti-Kleenex?

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Fuck! Shit! Hell!

(Thank God "The Ten Commandments" is on tonight. I'll have another cocktail and pretend I'm Ann Bancroft as "Pharoh's daughter.")

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

This is why the Lord frowns upon gambling.

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Also, just as an fyi... when in doubt, listen to the WooKiee:

quote:
Originally posted by Don JuaN:
I'd bet on Lifeman, but I find myself hoping that it isn't him because that annoying dipshit would enjoy the attention too disgustingly much.

Or, you can do as Ancient Mariner did, and just e-mail me and ask outright.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Or, you can do as Ancient Mariner did, and just e-mail me and ask outright.

I do have a principle or two.

Don't you just luv Cecil B. DeMille. Eat your heart out, Mel Gibson. And Charlton was pretty darn hot half naked...a long time ago.

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
"I need another oarsman for my barge...the strong one...there."

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

See, I am being a true heathen and watching the witches of Charmed. That Brian Krause is such a hottie.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
You can worship whatever gods you please, so long as I can worship you.

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
"Let the name of Moses be unheard for all time."--Seti

Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sigh... That was a great thread, wasn't it? I was so totally clueless about his issues, which made it even funnier, I guess.

Here's to JohnBoot, King Retard. [Overused]

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

You know, Sine, you could have at least PRETENDED to be flattered by my having deemed you shag-worthy, even if you don't like the icky girls.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Did we make Mariner's goal? Please say we did.
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
You know, Sine, you could have at least PRETENDED to be flattered by my having deemed you shag-worthy, even if you don't like the icky girls.

I got a little hard. Really, I did. Thinking about rug burns as I knelt in front of your magnificence.
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

you are one sick mofo

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

I'm planning on the Rite of Reconcilliation on Good Friday.

[ 05. April 2004, 01:16: Message edited by: Simply 'Normous ]

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

I didn't know you were a papist. Me, I already know I'm going to hell, so I figure I might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Tradition.

Plus I enjoy the way my rector laughs as I list my sins.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can a gay guy be a mofo? More like a fafo, wouldn't it be?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I didn't know you were a papist. Me, I already know I'm going to hell, so I figure I might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb.

As Ben Franklin said, "if this be [sexual deviance], let us make the best of it." (slightly edited)

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zeke
Ship's Inquirer
# 3271

- Posted      Profile for Zeke   Email Zeke   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is anybody going to PM Bootdude to inform him of his...honor? And when is the coronation? I need to shop.

--------------------
No longer the Bishop of Durham
-----------
If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be without it? --Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5259 | From: Deep in the American desert | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016