homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Just curious: Narcissism Strikes Back partIV - the babbling (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Just curious: Narcissism Strikes Back partIV - the babbling
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guys, if someone is annoying you, then don't bother replying. Or even reading it.

People posting "God you're so annoying, please shut up" isn't going to achieve the desired effect. Just look at Lifeman.

DFTT.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

irreverentkit
Apostle's Amanuensis
# 4271

- Posted      Profile for irreverentkit         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What if TDF started (yet another) thread in Hell and nobody came?
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
From the soundtrack available at WailingCat Records, written by ThomasDF:
Am I trying to pick a fight? No. Could it be interpreted that way? Yes. So why am I here? Because I was expecting all those lecturers to actually participate in discussions and not just talk about it. How disappointing.

Remember when the green toothy person suggested that you try not to start threads taking on the whole board? She meant something like this. You'll notice that's one high horse you didn't manage to ride for long.

I won't even bother explaining how many of Hell's Denizens used to be the main participants in other boards, but got bored because the threads got too repetitive. No, I'll just offer a warning.

[HELLHOST]

You've officially used up your weekly quota of my nerves dedicated to tolerating puerile Hell threads that broadly attack the whole board. Any new threads will be closed without explanation, other than perhaps my usual childish insult.

[/HELLHOST]

P.S. Norman: I wondered where I put that thing.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What an amusing crosspost.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
NO
Shipmate
# 5477

- Posted      Profile for NO     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You can have it back if you like, RooK, though it's looking a bit worn these days...

Love the title edit btw - ah, the perks of being a corrupt authority figure [Devil]

Nonpropheteer
6 Syllable Master
# 5053

- Posted      Profile for Nonpropheteer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThomasDF:
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
Now look what you've done! You've put Kiwi to sleep!

Was he every awake?

Thomas

So much for the ever-so-bragged about "superior writing skills". [Roll Eyes]

sings: "Another One Bites The Dust"

[Guitar solo on your not-UBB code.]

[ 27. May 2004, 17:05: Message edited by: RooK ]

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Papio.:

Is there ever such a faint possibility that you are one of these?

My dear Papio! I'd been looking for that very link.
Yes, Thomas, and I speak as a fellow "Rebel Without a Clue", that is what you are.

Papio himself is a "Big Dog and Me too" and Mousetheif is the Big Dog. Yes Thomas, you have started out with a very big dog, who is very far from the teenage boy you're picturing. Look at his profile for Heaven's sake. He has over ten thousand posts, is devastatingly handsome and is married to the Sainted Josephine.

I could tell you much more but that would be denying you your opportunity to stand alone.

Carry on.

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, I always agree with Mousethief and never post unless he has posted first. That's true. In fact, I worship Mousethief and always check if my posts are OK with him before I say something. Every day I pray to the Good Lord above "make me more like Mousethief" but, of course, JC never listens. [Disappointed] If only I could get Mousethief to like me, my life would be complete. [Roll Eyes]

Twilight, why don't you get a freaking clue you irratating little bint? Living in a world with more then one person in it is ever so much more fun. Honest, I promise. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It's a wonderful thing being able to use the dictionary and I appalud you. Where did it mention banning now?

Asshat? Is that what you put on your asshead? No, Sir I will not be your hat.

Thomas

Oh, darling, see, I'm a Future Educator of America™ (and spent last night writing lesson plans so that's why I'm late to the party), and therefore it is my solemn, sacred, and sworn duty to inform the ignorant wherever they may be found. I am glad you have been so instructed by my post and I will now sleep soundly (okay, not now, because I'm at work, but soon!) knowing that I have touched another life.

M'ijo, I have a good doctor friend who's excellent at cranial-rectum extraction. So if you can't get your own head out of your ass, I'd be glad to give you a referral. Until then, honey, never in your wildest wet dreams will I ask you to sit on my face. Go write your next screenplay. I've got lesson plans due by midnight.

Which means I'll be procrastinating until 11pm PST. Anyone up for some poker? *shuffles cards*

[ 27. May 2004, 17:09: Message edited by: Spiffy da WonderSheep ]

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

- Posted      Profile for ThomasDF   Author's homepage   Email ThomasDF   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rook:

Remember when the green toothy person suggested that you try not to start threads taking on the whole board? She meant something like this. You'll notice that's one high horse you didn't manage to ride for long.

That's very confusing because I didn't feel I was doing that, but rather addressing only certain people.

My first post here was anything, but antagonistic and I even mentioned how fun this place looked. I read several of the posts and people seemed to have a real good time bashing each other. It's the sort of thing I enjoy and thought I would join in the fun. There was certainly no troll intentions.

I am accustomed to a politics forum very similar to Hell and for years we've gone at it, but very rarely took anything personal. People always managed to work things out though. That's because the site owner only rarely intervened. She figured people shouldn't need a parent every time someone gets upset. So this level of moderator intervention is new to me. Again, it is very confusing because so many people claim they can take care of me, I only see the moderators doing that.

quote:
You've officially used up your weekly quota of my nerves dedicated to tolerating puerile Hell threads that broadly attack the whole board. Any new threads will be closed without explanation, other than perhaps my usual childish insult.
I take that as meaning I'm banned from the Hell Forum. Okay, there's nothing I can do about that. I would like to say that administrators might consider more tolerance for newbies, especially those who aren't meek. There are personalities that like to really get involved and they are not trolls.

Anyway, I'll stay out of the Hell Forum as it appears the small group of regulars here need the protection of the moderators, even in their numbers against one. I'll enjoy the other forums.

Thomas

Posts: 267 | From: Denver, Colorado USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
guess who wrote this:
I take that as meaning I'm banned from the Hell Forum. Okay, there's nothing I can do about that. I would like to say that administrators might consider more tolerance for newbies, especially those who aren't meek. There are personalities that like to really get involved and they are not trolls.

You take it wrongly. I'm saying that you seem to have a habit of broadly criticizing entire demographics. I want this type of activity contained to just one thread at a time thankyouverymuch. I don't tend to treat newbies much differently from the abuse I heap on the regular losers here, so you can can drop that particular snivel. Or complain about me in the Styx - I think it's been weeks since I strutted up there.

quote:
Anyway, I'll stay out of the Hell Forum as it appears the small group of regulars here need the protection of the moderators, even in their numbers against one. I'll enjoy the other forums.
That's right, they're my victims. All mine. Go find your own band of vicious jerks to pick on.
The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thomas, may I suggest the Monastic Silence board? It would be absolutely perfect for you.

--------------------
"I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant." Ralph Vaughan Williams

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
NO
Shipmate
# 5477

- Posted      Profile for NO     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What an excellent idea, The Riv.

Thomas, to get to the aforementioned Monastic Silence board, simply click the little square in the top corner of your window. Alternatively, the keyboard shortcut is Alt+F4.

Enjoy!

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I concur. Just to be clear, for Thom's sake, we are taliking about the little red square with a cross through it?

Yes, Thomas DF, I recomemd that you press it at once and press it again whenever you find yourself on the ship.

NO
Shipmate
# 5477

Indeed, Papio, I think we have an understanding there [Big Grin]
Nonpropheteer
6 Syllable Master
# 5053

- Posted      Profile for Nonpropheteer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DhumassDF:

My first post here was anything, but antagonistic and I even mentioned how fun this place looked.
Superior writing skills once again. I am impressed. [Yipee]

I would like to say that administrators might consider more tolerance for newbies, especially those who aren't meek. There are personalities that like to really get involved and they are not trolls.

Thomas

Note: Excess pot-smoking effects short-term memory.

Wasn't it you that said above: "I ain't no newbie no more"?

You misunderstand Hell entirely. there isn't a small group of regulars here who need the protection of the Hosts.
There are a large body of hellish posters who need protection from the Hosts.

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

- Posted      Profile for ThomasDF   Author's homepage   Email ThomasDF   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rook:

You take it wrongly. I'm saying that you seem to have a habit of broadly criticizing entire demographics. I want this type of activity contained to just one thread at a time thankyouverymuch. I don't tend to treat newbies much differently from the abuse I heap on the regular losers here, so you can can drop that particular snivel. Or complain about me in the Styx - I think it's been weeks since I strutted up there.

I don't believe I've opened a new thread while another was active, did I? I'm pretty sure I didn't.

I'll admit that I criticize a demographic, it's the band of vicious jerks you referred to. [Razz]

About sniveling; I don't use nearly the amount of tissue as most of the complainers in here. I've been even considering going to the local warehouse club and getting a whole pallet of Kleenex. The poor things seems to be suffering so much.

I went back to check in Styx, I only posted twice (right after yours) and I couldn't find my mentioning you at all.

quote:
That's right, they're my victims. All mine. Go find your own band of vicious jerks to pick on.
Don't you believe in sharing? Besides, I qualify as a jerk. Don't go alienating me like that.

Thomas

NO
Shipmate
# 5477

quote:
I don't believe I've opened a new thread while another was active, did I? I'm pretty sure I didn't.

No, you just failed miserably to take the hint of having the other threads closed.
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

Thank you all for your advice on the Monastic Silence Board. I would certainly take that advice, but I can see it didn't do any of you any good, so I think I'll pass.

Do you have any more advice that you haven't taken yourself?

Thomas

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Grinning, the Hellhost produces an auger...

[No, wait, Norman already gave that advice.]

[ 27. May 2004, 21:10: Message edited by: RooK ]

NO
Shipmate
# 5477

No, no, please go ahead, RooK. You can have the old one back and everything.
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

What's with the "DhumassDF", these little jabs make you and the other dimwits look like a kindergarten class during recess. The flashers in here call me arrogant and you you you're so hot with these really stupid comebacks?

quote:
Originally posted by Nonpropheteer:

Note: Excess pot-smoking effects short-term memory.

Wasn't it you that said above: "I ain't no newbie no more"?

That was self advice about smoking pot, right?

Several people talked about over 51 posts, that's where I got the newbie thing from. I can see I need to speak v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-ly with you.

quote:
You misunderstand Hell entirely. there isn't a small group of regulars here who need the protection of the Hosts.
There are a large body of hellish posters who need protection from the Hosts.

Suffice to say, you need protection. I have an idea, put a rubber on your keyboard and monitor. That way you won't catch a venerable disease.

Thomas

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Originally posted by Norman the Organ:
quote:

No, you just failed miserably to take the hint of having the other threads closed.
Hint? There we go with the mind-reading again. Do you belong to psychic friends or something?

BTW, do you even read your own signature?

I think I understand though, Norman. You are actually a wonderful human being. You're just going through a difficult time with your organ shriveling up. [Killing me]

Thomas

NO
Shipmate
# 5477

Good grief, it's gratuitous organ jokes now - what a surprise!

And what, may I ask, is a "venerable" disease?

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Norman, I recommend you just stand well back. Nonpropheteer is quite adeptly trolling ThomasDF into getting this thread closed, and then there will be no more - as per my earlier threat.

I also suggest that you try not to watch. It's a case of being horrifically outclassed, and is likely to be unsettling for sensitive organs.

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy da WonderSheep :

Oh, darling, see, I'm a Future Educator of America™ (and spent last night writing lesson plans so that's why I'm late to the party), and therefore it is my solemn, sacred, and sworn duty to inform the ignorant wherever they may be found.

I feel so much relief now. Educators are the cream of the crop of American society. Where would we be without them? It doesn't matter that 60% of our children can't read after High School and very few even know where Canada is. Hey, but teachers must be revered because it's never the teacher's fault.

BTW, I home school and teachers hate that with a passion, but they have plenty of kids to abuse they don't need mine. Good luck with your career of screwing up American children.

Thomas

Suze

Ship's Barmaid
# 5639

- Posted      Profile for Suze   Email Suze   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

OK, so having passed the 51 post mark you freely note you aren't a newbie anymore - so why should administrators show you more tolerance? [bold added by me]

quote:
What's with the "DhumassDF", these little jabs make you and the other dimwits look like a kindergarten class during recess.
Given you feel this way, you're still here because.......?

quote:
I had so planned to stay out of this one cos I'm not a regular so really shouldn't be posting in the "private party" that you seem to think Hell is, but dammit I couldn't resist pointing out that since you said you weren't going to be here anymore you have posted a further 5 times... for someone who loves words you really seem to struggle to keep yours - more's the pity for the rest of us.

Now, seeing how I'm not a regular here I suppose I can't rely on a friendly moderator to protect me - damn!

[by the time I posted he'd posted again, dammit]

[ 27. May 2004, 21:46: Message edited by: Suze ]

--------------------
' You stay here and I'll go look for God, that won't be hard cos I know where he's not, and I will bring him back with me , then he'll listen , then he'll see' Richard Shindell

Posts: 2603 | From: where the angels sleep | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
NO
Shipmate
# 5477

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Norman, I recommend you just stand well back. Nonpropheteer is quite adeptly trolling ThomasDF into getting this thread closed, and then there will be no more - as per my earlier threat.

I also suggest that you try not to watch. It's a case of being horrifically outclassed, and is likely to be unsettling for sensitive organs.

On the other hand...

quote:
Posted by RooK on the CHOCOLATE thread in All Saints [what were you doing over there, Rook?]
Let me just state now that I am quite corrupt, and will bestow a variety of possible boons for those that send me chocolate and want things to happen in Hell.

Now RooK, let's say this thread gets closed, and someone puts a good word in upstairs for someone to hit the big red button and boot our friend into those shark-infested waters...

How many bars of Green & Blacks? [Big Grin]

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:

Oh, the heck with it. I can take these morons on in my sleep, but there's nothing I can do to stop my threads being closed and banning me from posting new threads. At least it was nice to hear Norman being called a troll, dull troll as he may be.

I have some catching up in to do in Purgatory anyway.

You can close the thread now.

Thomas

NO
Shipmate
# 5477

Did he call me a troll?

Where?

RooK? Are you being nasty? After I offered you all that chocolate? [Disappointed]

Anyway, he's requested the thread be closed himself now: the deal's off [Razz]

Oh yes, ThomasDF: you're still a twat. Don't come back.

Peronel

The typo slayer
# 569

- Posted      Profile for Peronel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
At least it was nice to hear Norman being called a troll, dull troll as he may be.

He may love words, but the reading comprehension's lacking.

Peronel.

--------------------
Lord, I have sinned, and mine iniquity.
Deserves this hell; yet Lord deliver me.

Posts: 2367 | From: A self-inflicted exile | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
NO
Shipmate
# 5477

Indeed, but then people often become infatuated with something that is utterly mysterious to them [Biased]
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Did someone say chocolate?

You know, I think I feel a need to review ThomasDF's points (all 1.5 of them) in painful detail and demand, insist even, that he respond to them all. In detail. With "insults".

Unless, of course, I'm too busy munching on chocolate.

Nonpropheteer
6 Syllable Master
# 5053

quote:
Oh, the heck with it. I can take these morons on in my sleep, but there's nothing I can do to stop my threads being closed and banning me from posting new threads. At least it was nice to hear Norman being called a troll, dull troll as he may be.

I have some catching up in to do in Purgatory anyway.

You can close the thread now.

Thomas

Get it straight fuckwit. I was the one being called a troll.

Rubbers on the key board and computer? Thats what you call 'taking someone in your sleep'? Dude, I've gotten worse than that from Rook for messing up UBB code. Go back to Yahoo and play with the 14 year olds.

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Upon reflection, I think people are being unkind to ThomasDF. ("Dumb Fuck" may be old as the hills, but it's a great mnemonic under the circumstances.)

Let's consider what we know and what we can infer. He comes bounding onto the boards like a large, ill-trained, obnoxious puppy (I'm thinking mostly Lab with 1/4 Chow.) going "Hi! Look at me! Look at Me! I'm cool. Look at me!

He claims to be a screenwriter, which we can assume is at best a part-time job, and he gives his location as "Colorado" not SoCal. And he hasn't mentioned just getting back from Cannes, which he doubtlessly would have had he been there. And he's in love with words, primarily his own. So career isn't going so great apparently.

He has custody of his kids, but speaks of girlfriends, so no wife and he's got custody, which doesn't say much for the Ex. if the judge thought Thomas was the better choice.

He does home schooling so he must work at home too. Obviously can't get out much under the circumstances. Single dad. Career going nowhere. Not much money.

And he stumbles across Ship of Fools and thinks "Golly, a bunch of SoBs just like me." So here is this poor, lonely, housebound man, desperately looking for an audience.

I think we should be kinder to him.

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Did someone say chocolate?

You know, I think I feel a need to review ThomasDF's points (all 1.5 of them) in painful detail and demand, insist even, that he respond to them all. In detail. With "insults".

Unless, of course, I'm too busy munching on chocolate.

This is a bullshit game of threatening with closing a thread and banning. I'm no worse than any of the antagonists in here, the only way you'll get the best of me is with threats and closing threads. It's a small group of loudmouth pussies who can't hold their own, even outnumbering a person over a dozen to one.

Close the thread, ban me, do whatever you want, but this little gang of mamma's boys and butch girls who don't come close to representing the majority of people who use Hell can claim their little victory.

A lot of big talk and such little dicks.

Thomas

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

Sine, you're such a major fuck up. You're not even close.

Thomas

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You're not even close.

You were in Cannes? How very cool. How was it? Do you know Michael Moore?

Sorry about the little dicks. Hope you aren't too disappointed. I've got some hot sites I can PM you that you might like better. You've got to give them your credit card number though.

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My dearest Thomas Dumb F-ck:

I started reading this thread out of the same masochistic impulse that leads me to do thing like watch presidential speeches. I have read many of your posts on other threads, and I cannot work out whether or not you are, as someone put it, either a troll or a twat, or possibly both. You are astoundingly ignorant and seem to lack the basic skill of being able to read words and figure out their meaning. I hope that your home-schooled children have access to a reasonable adult who can teach them the basic rules of logic and reasoning; I am sure you have already taken preventative steps and have banned both NPR and PBS from your home.

I don’t find your ignorance of just about everything that is discussed on these boards offensive. Most people on the ship seem to have decided that you are not simply making inflammatory comments to stir up trouble but do indeed have legitimate questions. However, you have, in the threads I’ve seen, made some egregious errors in judgement. You do not read other people’s posts, or your understanding of what you have read is so poor that it appears that you have not read it. I have nothing against stupid people. However, I do have something against stupid people who have no desire to learn. As you do not listen to what anyone else says, you appear to be one of these people. In one of your other posts you profess disbelief in a god who will not prove to you that he exists, since that should be such a simple thing for him to do. However, it is obvious to everyone here that, in order to get you to listen to him, G-d would have to tie you up, gag you, and probably blindfold you. And you still probably wouldn’t listen. And you would then complain that a god that ties people up is no god of love. That is why most people on most threads seem to be ignoring you. We simply don’t have any way of addressing an intellect that seems to be as vacuous as yours. And we all survived childhood and playground bullies and quickly realized that hurling insults at each other was not going to lead to productive discussion.

I found this site a few months ago after googling some combination of Christianity and humor, and I have been lurking here ever since. While I’m sure I will eventually come to accept that the Anglican Church is the One True Church, I’m a little bit intimidated by the Episcopal Church down the block, as some of the people there seem to have the impression that in order to be an Episcopal, you should be also able to prove your ancestors brought the church over with them on the boat. So I don’t go there often. And when I found this site, with its multiple boards, tolerant attitude, and sense of humor, I thought it might possibly be the most brilliant thing I had ever stumbled across. I lurked for months. I’m not usually one to go in for on-line communities, but one day I woke up and discovered that the oddest thing had happened: I had actually started to like a good number of the people here. I’ve had about as much experience with orthodoxy as a pig has with white lace, so I don’t understand much of anything Father Gregory says, but I realized that I quite like the fact that sooner or later he would pop into a discussion and say something along the lines of, “well, that’s because you’re not orthodox, child.” And I realized that by failing to register, I was getting to know everyone here but depriving them of an excellent opportunity to practice forgiving another idiosyncratic, confused human being.

If I keep going in that vein, I’ll have people telling me to get the hell out of hell, so I will stop. The point, dearest Thomas Dumb F-ck, is that, despite the humor and small personal jabs, this ship actually seems to consist of a community of people who care about each other even if they don’t always like each other, and who are interested in similar topics. I have known enough people like you IRL to believe that you are not being deliberately obtuse, but you are being a completely dimwitted f-ckwit. Although I know you can take a good insult and probably don’t even know that your style in arguing is abrupt and abrasive, it is. And I get it, I do, I bow to the power of your penis. There are days when I’m ready for a good fight. However, there are also days when someone’s just died and I’d really like it if people weren’t so f-cking mean. The hosts are just trying make sure people like you don’t grievously wound other people. Everyone is not like you.

Why don’t you say that with me? Come on, give it a try: everyone is not like me. People who have been hurt by others IRL might find me intimidating and insulting, and if I am not respectful of how they wish to be treated, I might hurt them. I want to love others, not do them harm. This sometimes means treating them NOT as I would like to be treated, but as they would like to be treated.

Got that?

Now think about this: although everyone is not like you, you are not as astoundingly unique as you seem to think. Many, many people have had the same questions, and some of them have stumbled upon answers, or what they thought were answers. You seemed to have completely missed out on several thousand years of theology. As you apparently can’t read, this is not surprising. However, it is impolite to burst into threads to turn the discussion your way without making the slightest effort to figure out what the people are talking about.

When I worked in Baltimore’s public schools, torturing and brainwashing the very young, I would occasionally (after, say, one of them had pulled a weapon) tell my students to be quiet and put their heads down. I would give the same advice to you: sit down. Hush up. Learn to listen.

Ach. I know he’s never actually read any of the posts telling him how to behave, so I might as well admit I’m just ranting to make myself feel better. But G-d can’t be serious. I’m supposed to live in this country under a president who displays dismaying tendencies towards stupidity and arrogance and threatens the populace with terror when he’s criticized, spend my days working with incredibly wealthy students who endlessly moan about the one moral reasoning requirement they have to take because they just want to make a lot of money and don’t care about anything else, and then tolerate that kind of thing in the only Christian community I’ve managed to tolerate? It’s like I’m cursed. People like him follow me wherever I go and whatever I do. And they often throw plants at me.

Well, I guess I am in hell.

Hi. I’m new. I’m from the wrong side of the pond. I probably shouldn’t be in hell yet. I plan to ignore whatever dearest Thomas says, here or anywhere. But the rest of you: please play nice.

-say

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

My! What a long post. It makes Thomas look terse. I scrolled and scrolled and still it went on. RooK, you have to read it. Would you be a luv and post a précis for those of us with short attention spans?
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A Summary of Saysay's most excellent (yet longwinded) post.

quote:
Originally posted by saysay:
My dearest Thomas Dumb F-ck:
The boards are cool! Thomas, sit down and shut up.
-say

And Thomas, you can eat my shorts. You're a poopiehead and your breath smells like butt. I bet you have a face like butt, too. You have cooties that no cootie catcher can catch and quite obviously went to Jupiter to get stupider.

(Apologies to the rest of the Ship for the puerile comments, I'm writing lesson plans for kindergartners right now and the mentality is infecteous)

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Newbie says:

I've lurked, and learnt the culture here, unlike Thomas.

I think he's making a right prat of himself.

There was some other stuff, but I don't want y'all to get big heads [Biased]

That'll be £5 Sine.

Sarkycow

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I read it, and although, for my taste, there was a little bit too much criticism of Thomas (who I have just added to my Buddy List) the overall tone was nice. She said we were all brilliant and she likes most of us, particularly that sweet butch girl, Twilight. Well I might have made that last bit up but anyway - I like her.
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
That'll be £5 Sine.

Well worth it. That's far less than I pay for my Reader's Digest subscription.
Puppycat
Ship's Toast and Vegemite
# 4941

- Posted      Profile for Puppycat   Email Puppycat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My response saysay is way to go. [Biased]

--------------------
“The Angels stole my phone box.” Doctor Who ~ Blink

Pics of my trip to Israel and Paris

Posts: 1905 | From: Picnicking at Hanging Rock | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
However, it is obvious to everyone here that, in order to get you to listen to him, G-d would have to tie you up, gag you, and probably blindfold you. And you still probably wouldn’t listen.
That was kinda cute. [Big Grin]

(OK, I admit it. I went back and read the whole thing to see if I was mentioned by name. Pathetic.)

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

Hmm, I admit that I am slightly pissed [Hot and Hormonal]

Nevertheless, Twilight if you like Twilight you are in a minority of one. Most people appear to think that Twilight is a stupid slut who couldn't tell one what day it is. Twilight is exceptionally stupid.

ThomasDF is a pillock of the first order. ThomasDF contributes nothing to the ship and is a loud mouthed bigot who knows shit all.

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Papio.:
Hmm, I admit that I am slightly pissed

Oh, well then. That makes it OK.

quote:
Most people appear to think that Twilight is a stupid slut who couldn't tell one what day it is. Twilight is exceptionally stupid.
Apparently I missed that poll. When was it? How clever of you to know what "most people" think. Perhaps you should go into politics or become a pollster.

You know, Papio, I never thought I'd have an occasion to use the word "cad", but you are a drunken cad and should apologize. No matter what Father Gregory says.

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... this little gang of mamma's boys and butch girls who don't come close to representing the majority of people who use Hell ...

Dumbfuck, you need to get a sensahuma more than anything. This kind of line wouldn't sell a bar of soap. [Snore]

And Sine, I think you pinned the tail on the donkey. Probably has an AK47 backa the pickup too. [Snigger]

Ultra
Cowgirl non butch girl

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

That's a neat trick Papio. Every time you post, my liking for Twilight rises by a basic point.

Have you thought of hiring out your services?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016