homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Just curious: Narcissism Strikes Back partIV - the babbling (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Just curious: Narcissism Strikes Back partIV - the babbling
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

- Posted      Profile for ThomasDF   Author's homepage   Email ThomasDF   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy da WonderSheep:
quote:
Originally posted by ThomasDF:
The individual? You're a very intelligent woman and you know exactly what I'm talking about. You know perfectly well that there is no room for an individual in this "culture".

Darn right there isn't. Now be a good little boy and say that there's five lights, and we'll stop torturing you.
At my age calling me a boy is a supreme compliment. You're very sweet.

You don't give up telling people what they should do. Show the five lights and we'll see.

Thomas

Posts: 267 | From: Denver, Colorado USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
When I see cruelty and viciousness on the net or in real life, I'll fight because it is my nature and my conscience. This has nothing to do with me.

Then fuck off, Robin Hood.

--------------------

Posts: 2405 | From: Aotearoa/New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...just checking my new sig...
Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
Sine and Charlotte,
Thanks for straightening me out on that Labor Day - Memorial Day, mix-up. We may have gotten to the root of all my problems!

Actually, Twilight, I thought your remark was both perceptive and funny.

Our bhoyo does have his own artificially constructed "reality" where he is the iconoclastic hero and "the rules" are just "the maaaan" keeping him down. Just like in a lot of movies. [Roll Eyes]

Mind you, I think the white-shoes-only-between Memorial-and-Labor-Days rule is a bit silly since I come from a hot climate where summer clothes are needed between Easter and Halloween. (Not that I want to wear white shoes at any time due to the size of my feet, but that's another story.) But it would be just like our Thomas to get it ass-backwards.

But if you want to play it the other way,[Jeeves]I endeavour to give satisfaction.[/Jeeves].

<bow>

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

- Posted      Profile for ThomasDF   Author's homepage   Email ThomasDF   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
I study cults as well--kind of a hobby of mine. and the reason everyone is laughing at you,TDF, is because you couldn't have picked a less likely person to be a cult leader, to want to be a cult leader, or has anything in her that can be turned into a cult leader.

Sine, on the other hand, has the kind of smarmy charisma that really needs to be watched.

( [Big Grin] )

Interesting how you tell me I can't read and you don't do that yourself. Now go back a read what I said.

Thomas

Suze

Ship's Barmaid
# 5639

- Posted      Profile for Suze   Email Suze   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
When I see cruelty and viciousness on the net or in real life, I'll fight because it is my nature and my conscience. This has nothing to do with me.

As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be bullied by those nasty clones at SoF again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be bullied again....

--------------------
' You stay here and I'll go look for God, that won't be hard cos I know where he's not, and I will bring him back with me , then he'll listen , then he'll see' Richard Shindell

Posts: 2603 | From: where the angels sleep | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
When I see cruelty and viciousness on the net or in real life, I'll fight because it is my nature and my conscience.

Cruelty and viciousness? Cruelty and viciousness? If you think I've said something cruel and vicious, please do me the favor of pointing it out to me.

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eanswyth

Ship's raven
# 3363

- Posted      Profile for Eanswyth   Email Eanswyth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
Thomas, why do you bother? You seem to be devoting a lot of time and energy to telling us what's wrong with the ship. Don't you have better things to do with your time? Do you honestly thing your criticism will have the effect of making us do things differently?

You seem to be saying that things should be done differently because you don't like the way they're done now. Why should we be interested in pleasing you?

Moo

[Ultra confused] [Eek!] Damn! That's the harshest thing I've ever heard from Moo.

(My Queen, evidence of the spread of your realm. [Overused] )

Posts: 1323 | From: San Diego | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Grits, josephine, you're missing the obvious. She even has her retinue of sycophants.

That would be perfect with the custom title "Orthodox Plotter".

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When the hell did I say you couldn't read? I just said you didn't know josephine well enough to realise how inane the whole she-who-must-be-obeyed premise is.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy da WonderSheep:

I have a minor in Religious Studies focusing on New and Emerging Religious Movements. And I know that the quickest way to spot a cult leader is by the person pointing out others who are cult leaders.

I'm sure you think you've learned all you need to know in a class room, but I'm afraid the real world is quite a bit different. I looked Jim Jones in the eyes and learned more in an instant than you did in your entire education. And where you got that bull about a leader pointing out others is pure fantasy.

Thomas

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It's about a small group of people dominating a forum.

You know Thomas, this won't quite jive with Tommy's View of the Universe™, but it's really more about a small group of people in similar time zones who generally happen to be online at the same time and have learned to know each other.

I know that's not as exciting as what you've come up with, but there it is.

...Now if you'd gone in the direction of "pathetic losers who don't have real lives" you might have been closer to the truth. But that might have been a little too close to home, mighten it?

Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
I study cults as well--kind of a hobby of mine. and the reason everyone is laughing at you,TDF, is because you couldn't have picked a less likely person to be a cult leader, to want to be a cult leader, or has anything in her that can be turned into a cult leader.

Sine, on the other hand, has the kind of smarmy charisma that really needs to be watched.

( [Big Grin] )

Interesting how you tell me I can't read and you don't do that yourself. Now go back a read what I said.
Okay, I did that. Here's what you said:

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
So be it. If High Mistress josephine chooses to acknowledge Her true position as Prime Bully of Hell, even though this has previously been carefully kept secret from everyone in Hell, I shall not countermand Her will. Long live the Queen of the Identical Drones!

Have you ever studied cults? Their social order and tactics are very interesting. The leader(s) has a carefully honed persona of benevolence, sounding reasonable and caring. Then there are the organizers, the enforcers and followers. It's a very basic structure that I've seen adapted on the Internet. Oh yes, and when someone identifies this structure, the first thing the cult does is mock it. I do expect people to come back and laugh while twisting what I say and claim I'm calling this a cult, but the parallels are still there.
Okay, now I'll admit it's the end of a particularly long day at the end of a long week, so maybe I'm having trouble with my reading comprehension. But when I read it, it sounds like you're suggesting that I'm the leader of this Hellish cult. If that's not what you're saying, perhaps you could clarify it for Kelly and me, and anyone else who may have misunderstood.

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Originally posted by Suze:
quote:

As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be bullied by those nasty clones at SoF again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be bullied again....
You actually believe this little group is the ship? The vast majority of people are damn good people. And if you think you're bullying me, I would suggest you let up on the LSD.

Thomas

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Originally posted by josephine:
quote:
When I see cruelty and viciousness on the net or in real life, I'll fight because it is my nature and my conscience.

Cruelty and viciousness? Cruelty and viciousness? If you think I've said something cruel and vicious, please do me the favor of pointing it out to me.
I really hate to throw reality at you, but not everything I say is about you specifically or singularly. Damn, and I thought I had a big ego.

Thomas

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My mother used to work for Leo Ryan, and was devastated at his death.Jonestown was one of the first cults I studied. I sypmapthise with the shock you must have suffered, TDF, but mayen't it be coloring your perception a bit?

Doesn't a cult require a unity of opinions? because (for example) I disagree with Josephine about the ordination of women, I disagree with RooK about the deity of Christ, I disagree with Golden Key about whether or not Jesus had a wife...this is the least "unified" group of Chiristians (and sundry) that I have ever run across.

So far, the only "cruelty " I have seen from people on this thread is that born of being told "You call that a flame? Bring it on!"

(Well that, and the righteous pricks on the "Girlfriend " thread, but again, they were invited. [Roll Eyes] )

[ 29. May 2004, 00:31: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I rather like Josephine's current avatar, but since she has asked for suggestions I have been looking for a picture of Pope Joan. I couldn't find one, but I did find the High Priestess. Is that any good?

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I... can't... wait... till ...mousethief... sees ...this ... thread.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Page 07.15, and the forecast is for continued derision with occasional flurries of stupid.

Our top news story: many of the Hosts and Administrators are on shore leave, so this thread is mine, all mine. I shall pet it, and stroke it, and call it George.

I used to keep having these saddening periods of doubt, where I would suspect that ThomasDF was about to get it. I'm happy to report that this condition proved groundless, and has passed.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

quote:
I really hate to throw reality at you, but not everything I say is about you specifically or singularly. Damn, and I thought I had a big ego.

You do.

--------------------

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
quote:
It's about a small group of people dominating a forum.

You know Thomas, this won't quite jive with Tommy's View of the Universe™, but it's really more about a small group of people in similar time zones who generally happen to be online at the same time and have learned to know each other.

If that were true, there shouldn't have been such an outrage when someone new comes in here. Nor would they have mentioned about all the other trolls and being very quick to lay that label on someone. If what you say were true, they wouldn't bother with getting upset with newbies and all the garbage about "culture" and "gods", they would simply continue enjoying their relationship.

Thomas

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Dude, I have to leave and can't keep up with this, but you have decided to pick on one of the kindest, wisest shipmates we have, one who has a record of peacemaking and courtesy that stretches over all of the SOF boards. Good luck to you.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
The vast majority of people are damn good people.

Yes, we're pretty much the dregs. I wouldn't waste time on us, O Caped Crusader.

(Have your kids had their dinner yet? I'm guessing in today's world it's hard to be both a father and a Super Hero.)

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wanderer, this part of the description of the High Priestess does not fit Josephine;

staying nonactive
withdrawing from involvement
allowing events to proceed without intervention

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If that were true, there shouldn't have been such an outrage when someone new comes in here.

There was outrage? Is outrage!

quote:
Nor would they have mentioned about all the other trolls and being very quick to lay that label on someone.
Oh, god, he's right. We're just so... so... horrible.
Is outrage!

quote:
If what you say were true, they wouldn't bother with getting upset with newbies and all the garbage about "culture" and "gods", they would simply continue enjoying their relationship.
Well, I can't vouch for the rest of the Identical Clones, but I didn't see anyone get particularly upset, I thought the "garbage" about culture and gods was really kindly and helpful, and I'm quite enjoying my relationships here.
Is outrage!

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No one is really arguing with you, Thomas. The only problem is that you barrelled into an established community, without so much as a "Hi, how are ya?" and expected us to accept you and your credibility at your first post. That doesn't happen on the internet, and that doesn't happen in real life.

I think you have a bright future here (if people can forget your less-than-auspicious conception.) We like words, too. But before we can really appreciate what you have to say, it helps if we have an inkling of where you are. You have chosen the "path less traveled", to be sure, but there's always hope.

quote:
The vast majority of people are damn good people.
That's the smartest thing I've heard you say yet. Yep, there's always hope.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
I shall pet it, and stroke it, and call it George.

Well, by your own admission you're on your own tonight, so have fun.

(Was George the older boy you looked up to in 7th grade?)

Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

quote:
Grits, josephine, you're missing the obvious. She even has her retinue of sycophants.

Sine, how did you know that I simply adore St. Theodora? Seriously, she's one of my faves. I even took a copy of that icon with me when I was being deposed in a particularly nasty bit of litigation. I needed more strength than I had, and I thought she'd understand.

--------------------

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Originally posted by Josephine:

Okay, now I'll admit it's the end of a particularly long day at the end of a long week, so maybe I'm having trouble with my reading comprehension. But when I read it, it sounds like you're suggesting that I'm the leader of this Hellish cult. If that's not what you're saying, perhaps you could clarify it for Kelly and me, and anyone else who may have misunderstood.

I said: "I do expect people to come back and laugh while twisting what I say and claim I'm calling this a cult, but the parallels are still there."

The key word is "parallels". A group can have similarities to a cult and not actually be one. I don't think it is even possible for an actual cult to exist on the Internet. But many groups do have cult traits.

Thomas

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
The only problem is that you barrelled into an established community, without so much as a "Hi, how are ya?" and expected us to accept you and your credibility at your first post. That doesn't happen on the internet, and that doesn't happen in real life.

Grits, you love to entertain and have all that counter space and everything. Why don't you give a tea for our débutante and introduce him to the nice people on the ship? I would if I knew any, but I'm afraid I've always had a taste for low company.

[On the bright side, I know who to ask to get someone's legs broken. It's cheaper than you think.]

[ 29. May 2004, 00:51: Message edited by: Sine Nomine ]

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shipmates, this is an excellent occasion for fund raising.

If you are enjoying this entertainment get out your checkbook and send a donationg to the Organ Fund.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by josephine:
I thought she'd understand.

I'm thinking Theodora would understand most anything, considering. She's a SAINT?! You're shitting me. Gosh, there's hope for everybody then.

...Oh right. That's the whole point, isn't it. [Hot and Hormonal]

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Originally posted by Grits:

The only problem is that you barrelled into an established community, without so much as a "Hi, how are ya?"

Shit! I didn't do that did I? You point out something that is absolutely correct. I was dead wrong in not doing that. I want to most sincerely apologize to everyone for that.

Everyone makes mistakes and when I realize that I've made a mistake I acknowledge it and do all I can to correct it. I can assure you that I am much harder on myself than anyone else could be. This was a stupid and insensitive mistake and I thank you for showing it to me.

Thomas

Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

- Posted      Profile for Orb   Author's homepage   Email Orb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't bothered to read this thread (sorry Sine and everyone else who gets annoyed when I say that), but is anyone else wondering what ThomasDF's scripts are like? After all, his profile says he is a screenwriter.

I'd be very interested to know.

--------------------
“You cannot buy the revolution. You cannot make the revolution. You can only be the revolution. It is in your spirit, or it is nowhere.” Ursula K. Le Guin, The Dispossessed

Posts: 5032 | From: Easton, Bristol | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine:
Grits, you love to entertain and have all that counter space and everything. Why don't you give a tea for our débutante and introduce him to the nice people on the ship? I would if I knew any, but I'm afraid I've always had a taste for low company.

You mean, I could start a whole new thread, in an appropriate location (say "All Saints") and title it, "Everyone come meet my new friend, Thomas" or "A Come and Go for Big Tiger Tom" or "A Meet and Greet for Latest and Greatest Newbie"?

Let's see... I'll need a theme of some sort, a color scheme, menu selection...

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
If you are enjoying this entertainment get out your checkbook and send a donationg to the Organ Fund.

Yeah! We're working hard here and we're tired of being amateurs. We want to go pro. Send money.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Overused] Sine

--------------------

Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

- Posted      Profile for Orb   Author's homepage   Email Orb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh, just read page 1. I thought he was just being playful, but he is a bit of a fuckwit, isn't he?

--------------------
“You cannot buy the revolution. You cannot make the revolution. You can only be the revolution. It is in your spirit, or it is nowhere.” Ursula K. Le Guin, The Dispossessed

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Ophthalmos:
I haven't bothered to read this thread...

It's Friday night, hoppy. Shouldn't you be having a date or something? If not, you've got plenty of time to READ THE FUCKING THREAD.

I mean, really. Do you have that set up to copy & paste?

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
I haven't bothered to read this thread (sorry Sine and everyone else who gets annoyed when I say that), but is anyone else wondering what ThomasDF's scripts are like? After all, his profile says he is a screenwriter.

Either this one of the best baiting I've ever seen or you are actually sincere. I never post professional scripts on the Internet, but I do have some short scripts that I wrote for some local Indy film makers that I could share. They aren't highly refined, but pretty good rough drafts.

Thomas

Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

After his recent posts I can see him writing the following wonderful scene. Sadly I think he'd have written it seriously.
quote:

ARTHUR: Shut up, will you? Shut up!
DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

--------------------

Posts: 2405 | From: Aotearoa/New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

quote:

No, but good idea! [Overused]

PM me some scripts, ThomasDF. I was serious.

Plus, I need a laugh.

P.S. No dates. Apparently SarkyCow has turned me down.

[ 29. May 2004, 01:20: Message edited by: Ophthalmos ]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I started out enjoying this thread but now I feel like David Letterman: making fun of people who are too stupid to realize you're making fun of them is just mean-spirited. I've always hated that about David Letterman and now I find I've descended to his level.

Well no more. I'm not going to make fun of ThomasDF any more. I'm going to endeavor to be a good citizen and not expect him to become a clone of my wife, or get Sine's gender right, or anything of the sort. I'll just expect him to be a fuckwit and leave it at that.

I feel like a whole load has been lifted off my chest. My God, I feel good.

Or maybe it's because I mowed the lawn for the first time in a few weeks and it was looking like hell and now it looks ever so much better even though I had to raise the wheels and thus will have to go mow it again probably before the holiday weekend is over.

But imagine my surprise to find my wife is the fiendish leader of a Borglike collective. Damn, all this time she said she was doing research about our kids' learning disabilities, and in fact she was electronically collecting minions. You think you know a person. I suppose I should have been a little suspicious when she'd ask me to empty the dishwasher and add, "Resistance is futile." And the unexplained almighty trampling of the back lawn. All the signs were there.

So now I'm faced with the question of what to do with a wife who is the leader of a Borglike collective of unthinking drones? Do you think she could get them to help me paint the house? I suppose it goes without saying that I should make the Kool-Aid from now on.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eanswyth

Ship's raven
# 3363

- Posted      Profile for Eanswyth   Email Eanswyth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I already addressed that. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1323 | From: San Diego | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Apparently SarkyCow has turned me down.

Have you considered writing a fantasy trilogy set in an alternate universe? That might be your best bet.
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
quote:

No, but good idea! [Overused]

PM me some scripts, ThomasDF. I was serious.

Plus, I need a laugh.

P.S. No dates. Apparently SarkyCow has turned me down.

You need a laugh? That doesn't sound serious to me. My work is not a play thing for this forum.

Thomas

Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

Good, is it then?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
My work is not a play thing for this forum.

He didn't ask you to post it to the forum, dipfuck, he asked you to PM it.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Oppie

If you post something on a thread stating that you haven't read it one more fucking time I am going to track you down and do RooK like things to you with heavy machinery.

You are a fuckwit among fuckwits. Grow the fuck up and stop being so fucking obsessed with what you've got to say at the expense of everyone else who actually makes a fucking effort.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
So now I'm faced with the question of what to do with a wife who is the leader of a Borglike collective of unthinking drones?

I'm thinking you're probably sitting pretty financially. I wouldn't rock the boat if I were you.

Just think of it as being married to Aimee Semple McPherson. (Now there's a thought for an avatar.)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016