homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: The Outdoor Reared Chipolata (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: The Outdoor Reared Chipolata
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome aboard, Hopick. I hope you know what you've let yourself in for! [Biased]

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're having problems with sausages 'round here.

Gangs of Yorkshire Bangers, a hybrid caused by the breeding of Lincolnshire Sausages migrating north and Cumberland Sausages heading south-east, are attacking the sheep on the hill farms. The sheep are resorting to rolling over cattle grids to escape.

At least in Wales the sheep are faring better. But this is to the detriment of the population of wild faggots. To see a faggot in its natural environment is now a rare occurance.

[And welcome HopPik - Fuggles I presume?]

[ 30. September 2004, 19:23: Message edited by: Balaam ]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Balaam:
We're having problems with sausages 'round here.

Gangs of Yorkshire Bangers, a hybrid caused by the breeding of Lincolnshire Sausages migrating north and Cumberland Sausages heading south-east, are attacking the sheep on the hill farms. The sheep are resorting to rolling over cattle grids to escape.

At least in Wales the sheep are faring better. But this is to the detriment of the population of wild faggots. To see a faggot in its natural environment is now a rare occurance.

[And welcome HopPik - Fuggles I presume?]

Wild faggots have been displaced to lower pastures which are plentiful since there are fewer sheep since the foot and mouth outbreak. This is not ideal for faggots as the climate is too mild and damp below 700', leaving them mildewed.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's the ones that go feral in cities that worry me.

I blame chippies. End of the night, they carelessly dispose of the last, dessicated white pudding or haggis sausage - next day, on the pavement, you see the see the rubbish bag gnawed open from the inside.

Once free, they run in packs with mangy kebabs and wild chicken tikka masala.

Late at night, as you make your way up the Mile, you catch the whiff of pungent grease and rancid curry from a close and you walk faster, not daring to turn and see what orange horror is creeping up the pavement after you...

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please, please give a thought to that poor cousin of the chipolata, the cocktail sausage. How would you like to spend your time with a sharp stick through your middle and surrounded by a pile of vol au vents?

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KenWritez:
I suggest a nice teriaki or orange glaze for sauce, and for veg, steamed fresh broccoli or asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes.

For wine, I'd serve a nice crisp Riesling if you go with the broccoli, a Vigonier if you choose the asparagus.

Teriaki sauce?!? on a Cumberland sausage?!? Burn the heretic! If you must serve a Cumberland sausage with a sauce (and may God have mercy on your immortal soul), Cumberland sauce is the only proper accompaniment.

And as for Ken... [Eek!] I have it on the very best of authority that the curl is too, ah, definite to be of any use...

Deborah

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:
Please, please give a thought to that poor cousin of the chipolata, the cocktail sausage. How would you like to spend your time with a sharp stick through your middle and surrounded by a pile of vol au vents?

As explained in my OP, the Cocktail Sausage is simply an immature chipolata. The stick is a hardened umbilical cord.
Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Orange, lemon, ginger - those traditional Cumbrian ingredients.

Server it with decent bread and butter, a little bit of cheese, fried onions, carrots and peas, and a couple of pints of good bitter.

All those Swedish Meatballs coming over here, nicking our buns...

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
I truly hate to add to one of the stereotypical images of America, but I'm afraid it's true: Here in South, we actually keep sausages in the house. They're actually no trouble, very clean and quiet, and they bring us a great deal of enjoyment.

I have fond memories of playing midwife to a homestyle breakfast link who was my paternal grandmother's dearest companion. I was 6 years old and shall never forget how the tiny sausages emerged mewing one by one to suckle at their mother's side. As happens in so many litters, however, a runt developed who unfortunately did not survive. What a delicious dinner we ate that night!

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:
Orange, lemon, ginger - those traditional Cumbrian ingredients.

But of course. The climate of Carlisle is sufficiently mild to allow the growing of citrus fruit against warm south-facing walls. And ginger grows wild on the fells. The sausages eat it and it helps give them their distinct piquancy.

Deborah

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
HopPik
Shipmate
# 8510

- Posted      Profile for HopPik     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Since when did an umbilical cord come right out through your back with a pineapple cube on the end? Let's hear it for the cocktails.

And thanx Miffy, I'll stick around and see how it goes!

--------------------
Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and supposedly the pig enjoys it. G.B. Shaw

Posts: 2084 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alaric the Goth
Shipmate
# 511

- Posted      Profile for Alaric the Goth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have had no recent sightings of the rare porkunleek, Sausagenesis susallium, a lovely creature whose range extends north to Pennine districts and as far south as Wales.

The finest specimen of any wild sausage I have come across is the venison, Cervobotulus superexpensimus. I long to encounter this dear species again sometime, as it is long since its unmistakeable scent has been detected in my locality, despite a fairly extensive stretch of woodland nearby.

Posts: 3322 | From: West Thriding | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
HopPik - you'll be pleased to know that the forcing of the cord through the body of the cocktail sausage takes place after slaughter.

Another very rare beast, which I'd like to get my hands on, is Botulus hoohahhoohahicus - also known as the wholegrain mustard sausage.

Do you get herds of Botulus caesocaeruleus - or Stilton Sausages - up there?

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alaric the Goth
Shipmate
# 511

- Posted      Profile for Alaric the Goth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posted by Karl L_B:
Do you get herds of Botulus caesocaeruleus - or Stilton Sausages - up there?

No, mercifully. But we have many Botulus italiensis halitosis, the domesticated Garlic Sausage, of which a GM variety is found in many areas, notaby correlated with high student ( Homo nonsapiens takeawaypizza populations.

Posts: 3322 | From: West Thriding | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have come across some Welsh Dragon sausages (Dracobotulus Cambriensis) and very fine they are too. I suspect they are a hybrid strain peculiar to South Wales but if anyone has signted them in the wild I would be interested.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Footprints?"

"Footprints."

"A man's or a woman's?"

Dr. Mortimer looked strangely at us for an instant, and his voice sank almost to a whisper as he answered.

"Mr. Holmes, they were the footprints of a gigantic hot dog!"

From; The Dog of the Baskervilles

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016