homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: The Joys of Passive Aggression (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: The Joys of Passive Aggression
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last time I took the children to a zoo, there was an area given over to animals from Madagascar. Obviously, the lemurs were the main attraction, but they have a couple of fossas and the information board said that, in the absense of any of the cat family in Madagascar, this animal, close kin to the mongoose and meercat, had taken over the niche usually occupied by cats.

It was a hot day and, sure enough, the fossa was doing a good job of pretending to be a cat. It was stretched out in the sun, fast asleep!

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

- Posted      Profile for Go Anne Go   Author's homepage   Email Go Anne Go   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
?????????????????????????????????

--------------------
Go Anne Go, you is the bestest shipmate evah - Kelly Alveswww.goannego.com

Posts: 2227 | From: Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Red Sox | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bartolomeo

Musical Engineer
# 8352

- Posted      Profile for Bartolomeo   Email Bartolomeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
They're vicious, rabid scavengers. I once confronted, at night, a snarling masked gang of 15 with a baseball bat. This was at night in my backyard, where they were making loud, slurping, chittering noises while ravaging a plum tree outside my bedroom window.

I couldn't sleep. I was desperate. I was in my underwear. They won.

Yup, vicious, rabid scavengers is right. Damn things are nothing but a nuisance, and occasionally take a bite out of any dog that tangles with them.

One night last summer I confronted a similar gang of them (two adults and six babies) that was in the tree outside our back door. Rather than resorting to a baseball bat (crude and ineffective) I instead made use of a handy old Smith & Wesson K-frame .357 revolver, which left me with one hand free so I could hold a flashlight.

The following week our Pastor was called upon by a parishoner to shoot a skunk that had somehow gotten into a cage holding a fancy pheasant her son was raising. After consuming most of the pheasant the skunk couldn't get out of the cage. Up until this point, I had been unaware that the remit of a pastor included such responsibilities.

--------------------
"Individual talent is too sporadic and unpredictable to be allowed any important part in the organization society" --Stuart Chase

Posts: 1291 | From: the American Midwest | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

- Posted      Profile for Go Anne Go   Author's homepage   Email Go Anne Go   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now now Bartolomeo, you really need to be more Christian and charitable about the racoons. They're just in denial, you see.......

--------------------

Posts: 2227 | From: Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Red Sox | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A super-soaker water pistol filled with very cold water is a much safer form of racoon intervention.
According to urban legends, racoons like to lure dogs to the nearest stream, then hold the dog's head under water and drown it. So be careful if your dog is a local urban legend.

A much nicer little critter is the chipmunk; if you put peanut butter on the end of a stick and stand the stick in the ground, a chipmunk will climb the stick and pose beautifully while eating the peanut butter. You can then take close-up pictures with a digital camera, transfer the pictures to PowerPoint, and use them in a children's story about kindness and sharing, or possibly in a customer service presentation in the business world.

None of this has much to do with the point of this thread, unless of course Ann feeds SF peanut butter cookies to keep her off guard until the police come to toss SF head-first into a snowbank, where her protruding bits can be eaten by rabid, scavenging racoons.
But that seems a bit of a stretch.

[ 07. January 2005, 21:12: Message edited by: Jeremiah Gutzywuk ]

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremiah Gutzywuk:

A much nicer little critter is the chipmunk; if you put peanut butter on the end of a stick and stand the stick in the ground, a chipmunk will climb the stick and pose beautifully while eating the peanut butter. You can then take close-up pictures with a digital camera, transfer the pictures to PowerPoint, and use them in a children's story about kindness and sharing, or possibly in a customer service presentation in the business world.

And be sure to wrap them around the middle in sellotape so that when you have sex with tthem they don't split.

P

(That of course would be human male on any gender chipmunk sex)

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IbP you can ignore my last post. You damn chipmunk pleasurer.

P

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev per Minute:
quote:
They're vicious, rabid scavengers. I once confronted, at night, a snarling masked gang of 15 with a baseball bat...

The raccoons had a baseball bat? [Eek!] They breed 'em tough over there - rapid evolution, perhaps... [Razz]
Yes and all I had was a broom. I beat a hasty retreat with the pack in close pursuit. My shame was complete when an over-ripe plum smacked me in the back of the head.
quote:
Originally posted by Go Anne Go:
Still, they were preferable to the SF. The raccoons washed everything. The SF seems to observe some religious prohibition on bathing.

What a curious rite. Maybe she's practicing some sort of extreme asceticism in preparation for a life of solitude?

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

HopPik
Shipmate
# 8510

- Posted      Profile for HopPik     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where you have raccoons we have foxes. More foxes in the cities here than in the country. Worst thing is the noise they make... can sound anywhere between someone screaming blue murder right down to heavy breathing outside your back door.

--------------------
Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and supposedly the pig enjoys it. G.B. Shaw

Posts: 2084 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have foxes, too. And coyotes. There were some articles in the Boston Globe last week or so trying to once again explain to all the suburbanites that the random appearance of one of these wild animals in your back yard doesn't constitute a major emergency. Just ignore it (or make some loud noises to encourage it to go away) and more important, don't provide food, intentional ("Oh, aren't they cute!" or otherwise (unsecured garbage, pet food, etc.).

Moose have also invaded some of the Boston suburbs.

All of which, IMHO, are preferable to the SF described in the OP.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Qestia

Marshwiggle
# 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Since we're speaking of vermin--have any Boston-area shipmates taken a walk in the Common recently? I've noticed it is advisable to avoid making eye contact with the squirrels there. If you look at them too long they assume you want to feed them, I guess, and mob you. I had a squirrel run up to me and put its filthy little paw on my trouser leg once, looking for a handout. [Disappointed]

--------------------
I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t an Aslan to lead it.
I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

- Posted      Profile for ozowen   Author's homepage   Email ozowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have worked for a Christian org, never again!
If I am gonna be stabbed in the back I do not want someone describing it to me as a blessing from God.
The Passive Agg title is spot on, that's the kind of stuff you get. Me, I don't do PA too well. Mostly I just serve em when it's needed. I hate folks trying to be nice when nice isn't on the menu.

--------------------
Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at, so take time to thank a creationist for their contribution.

Posts: 2933 | From: The Never Never, Australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
HopPik
Shipmate
# 8510

- Posted      Profile for HopPik     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well in my experience, the more charitable or public-service an employer is, the worse they treat their employees. It's as though the service remit licenses a complete disregard for the people who actually do the work and keep the organisation on the road. The best employers I've had have all been private sector, commercial, profit-oriented. They understand that if you treat good staff like sh*t you will lose them. End of story.

--------------------
Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and supposedly the pig enjoys it. G.B. Shaw

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, I work for a "faith-based" mental health agency. Essentially, they treat employees as expendable resources. The assumption is that basically you're a volunteer who will put in unlimited energy and should be grateful that they bother to pay you. The director actually told me that he expects people to tithe through their work ("I expect employees to give 10% back"--I was too stunned to ask whether he meant work for 90% of what they're worth or work 10% overtime for free), though of course this isn't mentioned in the contracts, or in the hiring process.

Timothy

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(wondering when the SF is actually gonna be gone, and what in the world we're gonna do with all this wildlife when the whole OP purpose of the thread had run its course...

maybe SF will take them all with...)

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Janine, raccoons make lovely fur coats, which also stops them from destroying the backyard sweet corn crop.

Rossweisse // not a fan

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
maybe SF will take them all with...)

take them all with ... what? A side order of fries?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Greetings from deep here at SF central, sports fans. We're currently in the 24 hour countdown to the notice of eviction being put on the door, which then will launch a 48 hour countdown to actual removal. Those 48 hours are going to be quite sensitive, I think, as the SF may well be under the impression that since forcible eviction didn't occur last week, it just isn't happening. Plans have been made to keep the cats locked up and safe during the tumult, and God bless my old landlady who let me keep everything valuable in her basement until this blows over. (I knew doing all that plumbing for her would pay off somehow!)

Latest passive aggressive behaviour is coming into the lounge not just once, but twice while my date for the evening and I were in there. BEfore you ask, we weren't making any noise, not even talking as our mouths were otherwise occupied. (All clothes bar socks still on, thank you very much.) Bearing in mind that her intrusions occurred at 12:30 and 2 in the morning respectively, I'm not feeling charitably inclined that this was just a casual "oh, sorry I didn't know you were here" thing. Let's face it, staring is just plain rude!

As for the squirrels on Boston Common, I'm on the Common almost every day (I'm at Suffolk Law School) and they are aggressive little buggers. But I think they're cute, so I don't mind. Of course, they're all looking exceptionally fat this winter, so I guess the "give me a peanut or your trouser leg gets it" deal is working!

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
(All clothes bar socks still on, thank you very much.)

How did you get your socks off without removing your shoes? That's a nifty trick.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Shoes are not clothes. Shoes are shoes. Tailors make clothes. Cobblers make shoes. Santa's elves make toys.

No toys were involved in last night's sofa encounter. And no clothes were removed until we went to bed.

--------------------

Gordon Cheng

a child on sydney harbour
# 8895

- Posted      Profile for Gordon Cheng     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
quote:
(All clothes bar socks still on, thank you very much.)

How did you get your socks off without removing your shoes? That's a nifty trick.
Well, I'm not a big Bean fan, but did you see the ep where Rowen Atkinson removed his underpants whilst keeping everything else on? You had to be impressed.

--------------------
Latest on blog: those were the days...; throwing up; clerical abuse; biddulph on child care

Posts: 4392 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
much like the trick of taking a bra off whilst keeping top(s) on, i imagine?

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
GAnneG, I tune in each and every evening, breathlessly awaiting the latest episode of How the SF Churns. If I were closer, I'd come for the grand denouement!

Rossweisse // no chance of a webcam, huh?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Greetings from deep here at SF central, sports fans. We're currently in the 24 hour countdown to the notice of eviction being put on the door, which then will launch a 48 hour countdown to actual removal. ...

So would Tuesday be a good day for a field trip to Boston? I keep my Tuesday free and clear of fixed obligations, it's my Fun Day; the weather reports are predicting reasonable weather (for January). Thanks to the decadence of the international trade markets, limes, gin, ice, and tonic water are all available in abundance. [Big Grin]
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
No toys were involved in last night's sofa encounter. And no clothes were removed until we went to bed.

Is T&T back, then?

--------------------

Gracie
Shipmate
# 3870

- Posted      Profile for Gracie   Email Gracie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mummyfrances:
much like the trick of taking a bra off whilst keeping top(s) on, i imagine?

That's much easier !

--------------------
When someone is convinced he’s an Old Testament prophet there’s not a lot you can do with him rationally. - Sine

Posts: 1090 | From: En lieu sűr | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Much easier.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whether the top comes off or not, I've found taking off a bra is almost always a long and intricately involved task, requiring my full attention if I don't want to be hurt in the process.

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by AdamPater:
Whether the top comes off or not, I've found taking off a bra is almost always a long and intricately involved task, requiring my full attention if I don't want to be hurt in the process.

By the bra, or by the wearer?

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I had a friend that claimed he could take a waistcoat off, from underneath a jacket while holding onto a door handle with one hand. I guess that is somewhere between the two in difficulty.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Y'all just know some very flexible people.

(still feeling a little [Paranoid] about the chipmunk on a stick...

Hey, I just rolled out of bed this morning, so the vision of a chipmunk, in a bra, climbing a peanut butter-greased stick, isn't abnormal -- is it?

--------------------

Glimmer

Ship's Lantern
# 4540

- Posted      Profile for Glimmer   Author's homepage   Email Glimmer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
Well I had a friend that claimed he could take a waistcoat off, from underneath a jacket while holding onto a door handle with one hand. I guess that is somewhere between the two in difficulty.

Jengie

Is this what is meant by the phrase "we had to make our own entertainment in those days ..."?

--------------------
The original, unchanged 4540.
The Temple area, Ankh Morpork

Posts: 1749 | From: Ankh Morpork, Dorset | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AdamPater:

You need oodles more practise! I suggest that you get a triple A cup bra and put it on. Then each hour on the hour you can practise. This has the advantage of not endangering the delightful AdamMater.
Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

The sherriff has arrived, Tex, to put the notice on the door. In fact, I was there and saw the car from the upstairs window, so I ran downstairs in my socks (had em on, this time) and flung open the door and invited him in for a cuppa tea. "We're SO GLAD you're here!" I cried. I even did a little dance. The notice is now on her own personal room door.

Considering she woke me up this morning (bear in mind that the one wall of my room is a Japanese style thing, so it is just a screen, directly across from the bathroom - not that noiseproof or lightproof, and we've had discussions before about not leaving the bathroom light on and door open as it floods my room with light) to her VACCUUMING the bathroom at 6:45, I almost popped out of bed to pop her on the nose, but instead I sat up, looked at the clock, said "the sherriff's notice will be here soon" and stayed where I was.

The cats are locked in Dawn's room for safety. Poor kitties!

With the 48 hour notice, the time and day is officially 10 a.m. Wednesday. Onlookers should PM me. I hope I don't have to work that day.

Unfortunately, I think the next 40 hours are going to be a nightmare once she finds out. Aggressive should be the tone, not the passive.

And for the record:
Taking a bra off under a top is easy peasy if you';re doing it yourself. I would theorize that it is harder if someone else is trying to do it TO you.

Waistcoat off under jacket holding on to door handle? Easier than above. Come on, folks, that's not even trying.

Undies off without undoing trou? Requires trick undies or a massive wedgie.

Socks off after shoes? Perfectly natural.

[ 10. January 2005, 19:10: Message edited by: Go Anne Go ]

Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

There is now a page in All Saints to organize the "Watch the Sherriff Do His Thang" Shipmeet. Not that we'll watch - taht's at 10 in the morning. But G&Ts at Christopher's that evening to meet, mix and celebrate?
Anne

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Glimmer:
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:

Jengie

Is this what is meant by the phrase "we had to make our own entertainment in those days ..."?
[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
The SF seems to observe some religious prohibition on bathing.

What a curious rite. Maybe she's practicing some sort of extreme asceticism in preparation for a life of solitude?
Wasn't there a saint who was canonized for never bathing? (I'd have used a real cannon, myself!), ah here it is:
St. Benedict Joseph Labré (1748-1783)
quote:
He never bathed or washed his clothes. Some custodians, offended by the look and the smell of him, drove him out of their churches. When Benedict Joseph died, however, all his eccentricities were forgotten, or at least forgiven. Immediately he became the focus of a grassroots devotion. The priests of Santa Maria dei Monti had a death mask made of his face, preserved his filthy rags as relics and buried him in the church he loved.

After a rigorous investigation to make certain that he was neither mentally disturbed nor a fraud, Pope Leo XIII canonized Benedict Joseph Labré in 1883.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

She did actually bathe this morning, following the vaccuuming incident. This was, in itself, unusual. But never mind.

She's going.

Mostly I'm going to be glad that when she's gone, she'll stop occupying my time even when she's not in the room, if that makes any sense. All this having to sort her out gets very draining.

I liked the Sherriff guy this morning. He seemed very good at his job, and in talking to him it came across as very reasonable. In short, if she behaves reasonably on the day, they will treat her reasonably. If she starts getting belligerent, etc, then she will just be removed from the house instantly and not allowed to return, and the movers will just move her stuff, end of story. This allows me to feel a little more compassionate, as it will be down to her how she's treated. The locksmith can come as the movers arrive, so it is all scheduled.

--------------------

HopPik
Shipmate
# 8510

Only just read this thread Anne, but I've had some impossible housemates in my time, know what it's like. If home ain't home, where can you go?

--------------------

HopPik
Shipmate
# 8510

Gosh just realised I did actually post to it earlier! Ah well time flies, and life is full!

--------------------

Dee.
Ship's Theological Acrobat
# 5681

- Posted      Profile for Dee.   Email Dee.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So...
...has she seen the eviction notice??? did she freek??? Huh??? Huh???

--------------------
Jesus - nice bloke, bit religious

Posts: 2679 | From: Under Downunder | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

(scheduling time at home by the computer Wednesday morning...)

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:

After a rigorous investigation to make certain that he was neither mentally disturbed nor a fraud, Pope Leo XIII canonized Benedict Joseph Labré in 1883.

I'm pleased to hear that Pope Leo XIII was neither mentally disturbed nor a fraud.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me] There's a thin line between malodor and madness!

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
There is now a page in All Saints to organize the "Watch the Sherriff Do His Thang" Shipmeet. Not that we'll watch - taht's at 10 in the morning. But G&Ts at Christopher's that evening to meet, mix and celebrate?
Anne

You need to check All Saints more often [Biased] [Razz]

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bartolomeo

Musical Engineer
# 8352

- Posted      Profile for Bartolomeo   Email Bartolomeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Anne

You have no couth and your methods are crude.

--------------------
"Individual talent is too sporadic and unpredictable to be allowed any important part in the organization society" --Stuart Chase

Posts: 1291 | From: the American Midwest | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Well, with much less than 24 hours to go, there has been no freakage. I was out last night when she came home, but when I was up this morning I asked Dawn what had happened and it turns out Dawn was in bed by the time the SF came home as well. So, nada. Nothing this morning. So tomorrow it is (and of course maybe tonight, but hey, I'll take it as it comes.)
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe she's saving it all up for one spectacular freakaganza.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Ugh, I really hope not. I do sincerely hope that this can all be done in a dignified manner. Because if there's going to be a freakaganza, then the cops are gonna be there and will not hesitate to get involved.

You never know, I supposed there's a chance in hell she could get a stay of execution, but I sincerely hope not.

The good news is if she finds somewhere else to live, say, tonight, then the movers will actually take it there tomorrow, saving her the hassle, and also saving us the cost of storage. Fingers crossed!

--------------------

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

quote:
The good news is if she finds somewhere else to live, say, tonight, then the movers will actually take it there tomorrow, saving her the hassle, and also saving us the cost of storage. Fingers crossed!

You are joking? Right?

P

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016