homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: The Joys of Passive Aggression (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: The Joys of Passive Aggression
BuzzyBee

Ship's Drummer
# 3283

- Posted      Profile for BuzzyBee   Email BuzzyBee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good luck today G-A-G, I hope it goes smoothly and you can get on with your life again.

Can I recommend that once she and all she owns have finally been removed from the house, you do a really thorough check for all the possible "revenges" she may have left - especially things like sardines (or similarly smelly things) left behind radiators, on top of curtain rails or under floorboards, nasty substances or glue smeared on backs of door handles, etc. (see hell treads passim for further ideas she may have had, if they are still around)

--------------------
BuzzyBee
~~~~~~
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. Martin Luther King, Jr

Posts: 465 | From: Bristol | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BuzzyBee:
Good luck today G-A-G, I hope it goes smoothly and you can get on with your life again.

Can I recommend that once she and all she owns have finally been removed from the house, you do a really thorough check for all the possible "revenges" she may have left - especially things like sardines (or similarly smelly things) left behind radiators, on top of curtain rails or under floorboards, nasty substances or glue smeared on backs of door handles, etc. (see hell treads passim for further ideas she may have had, if they are still around)

Is the the first time good advice has appeared in a Hell thread?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Qestia

Marshwiggle
# 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by BuzzyBee:

Is the the first time good advice has appeared in a Hell thread?
Actually, this is an off-shoot of some bad advice I remember from awhile back. Someone was getting ready to move out from a truly awful living situation and asked what revenge he could take on his ex-roommates. Those were some of the suggestions.

--------------------
I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t an Aslan to lead it.
I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
BuzzyBee

Ship's Drummer
# 3283

- Posted      Profile for BuzzyBee   Email BuzzyBee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Qestia:
Actually, this is an off-shoot of some bad advice I remember from awhile back. Someone was getting ready to move out from a truly awful living situation and asked what revenge he could take on his ex-roommates. Those were some of the suggestions.

That's exactly the thread I was thinking of, but couldn't remember enough about it to find and link to it.

--------------------
BuzzyBee
~~~~~~
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. Martin Luther King, Jr

Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

- Posted      Profile for Go Anne Go   Author's homepage   Email Go Anne Go   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, following some weird passive aggressiveness this morning about her demanding to know how many movers were coming (We have no idea, nor do we actually care) and some arguing about a dish rack which 15 minutes later she "remembered" wasn't hers, the movers and Sherriff Faye have arrived. We're just awaiting one more sherriff, the Cambridge PD, and 10 a.m (eight minutes from now) and we're good to go!

--------------------
Go Anne Go, you is the bestest shipmate evah - Kelly Alveswww.goannego.com

Posts: 2227 | From: Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Red Sox | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cue "Ride of the Valkyries" or similar thunderous music while we wait...

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
Cue "Ride of the Valkyries" or similar thunderous music while we wait...

I was thinking more of the theme from 'Jaws'...

"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the apartment..."

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<checks watch> Nearly bed-time here... am I going to miss the finale?

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
BuzzyBee

Ship's Drummer
# 3283

53 minutes since the evicters arrived... I'm finding the tension unbearable...

--------------------
BuzzyBee
~~~~~~

AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe SF has glued herself to the keyboard.

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or to Go-Anne-Go.

--------------------

maleveque
Shipmate
# 132

- Posted      Profile for maleveque   Email maleveque   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well?!?! Well?!?!?!
We await news with fear and trepidation!

Anne L.

--------------------
Life isn't all fricasseed frogs and eel pie.

Posts: 1496 | From: Washington, DC or thereabouts | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hellhost debates closing the thread, prior to the denoument, which woud leave the denizens hanging, endlessly waiting for the climax which never came...

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

HopPik
Shipmate
# 8510

- Posted      Profile for HopPik     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bit late Sarky, close it now we're still hanging!

--------------------
Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and supposedly the pig enjoys it. G.B. Shaw

Posts: 2084 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that was her dastardly scheme.

(Heheheheheheh)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[pictures battle-royal with much kicking and struggling while constable snaps cuffs on]

Alright... grab those Hefty bags and start stuffing, boys!

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which would bolster this prediction:

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Maybe she's saving it all up for one spectacular freakaganza.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

- Posted      Profile for Go Anne Go   Author's homepage   Email Go Anne Go   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2 pm here at eviction central, and the eviction is still going on (as I said before, she's got a LOT of crap, and not one piece of paper or anything else has been packed.).

The widely predicted freakstravaganza has not materialised, apart from this morning before the sherriff and movers came. Then she just kept going at Dawn, "thanking" her for the "free move" and saying how it was an odd gift for Dawn's friend (since Dawn had to borrow the money for this) to give her. I tried to stay out of it, as I have for 99% of this, but in the end I got really fed up after she'd been at this for half an hour with Dawn doing her diplomatic best to just sit there and say "yes, but he felt it was a worthwhile gift (it is a loan, in fact)." So in the end I spoke up and said:
"Yes, but it is all recoverable in small claims court."
She insisted it wasn't. I, ofcourse, had checked with the dean of my law school who happened to be my property law professor. It completely is. She argued with me for a bit about it, and I assured her it was pretty much a slam dunk, and that garnishment of wages would ensue, and 12% interest from date of judgement.

She told me I was wrong, and then when the sherriffs arrived she asked them if it was possible. They told her it was. She's trying to laugh it off, but now she's seen the bill for $3200 for the movers and storage (plus $300 for execution by the sherriffs, plus court fees, etc). Now, not so much. She drove the movers so crazy that they took her to the storage depot so that they'd stay mostly out of the way for a while. Now she's gone to get lunch. The mover is actually treating us to lunch (a cost now included in the $3200 charge, so in effect the SF is going to pay for our lunch.)

We have two sherriffs, at one point we had three. Since the SF is just being annoying and not belligerent, she has been allowed to stay around and supervise the process (although she drove the sherriffs a little nutty before they even arrived by calling them to ask for the movers number to find out how many movers there were coming. Who cares?) There's a little bit of supervision, but the movers are nice, the sherriffs are nice, and for the most part the sherriffs, Dawn and myself are sitting at the kitchen table drinking tea and generally having a good time,considering what's going on.

I admit, I'm glad she's going without the freakstravaganza, and I'm glad her last bit of passive aggression about the "free move" (and her annoyance that the storage place is out in Everett as it will be so annoying for her to get it out of there, and expensive. Sorry, we didn't get to choose. There are very few moving companies that actually DO evictions.) is now put in place and settled, but even more I'll be really glad when she's gone. The prediction is a couple more hours now.

You know, after the mover returns with our burritos!

--------------------

Posts: 2227 | From: Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Red Sox | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The mover is actually treating us to lunch (a cost now included in the $3200 charge, so in effect the SF is going to pay for our lunch.)

See RooK there is a God.

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And you, Rook, are not Him.

--------------------
"I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant." Ralph Vaughan Williams

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

What does the fact that lunch is burritos say about the God that provided?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

God likes Mexican?

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God likes it hot?

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Riv:
And you, Rook, are not Him.

Sounds like a deity with room to improve.

So, GoAnneGo, was that the most psychologically-satisfying lunch of all time?

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Sounds like a deity with room to improve.

Do you think tsunamis happen when God spluts His/ Her tea all over the monitor?

--------------------

The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Upon further reflection, I must say that my pot-shot at Rook was both lame and added nothing to the thread.

Apologies all around.

--------------------
"I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant." Ralph Vaughan Williams

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

Well, it is now 7:15. And it is *over*. [Yipee] [Yipee] Finally. At long last. The movers left around six, and frankly there was increased worry all around that there was in fact going to be the final all out freakfest freakstravaganza, which of course no one wanted. The SF was alternating between being curled up in a fetal position on the couch, bossing the movers around, and answering everything in an extra forced and chirpy "see everything is fine here" tone that seriously had me worried. I honestly believe that contrary to what she said she has no where to stay this evening, and it is a nasty night outside. Her box of food (the movers couldn't take it, as food can attract pests) was stored with the neighbours downstairs, who have put it in our joint basement. She says she's coming back for it in three days, as she's found a place to move into on Saturday. Seeing as she was phoning around to look at places last night at 10pm, I doubt this is true as well. As an act of compassion, Dawn phoned her brother (who paid her rent on a number of occasions) and informed him of what happened. He said he hadn't heard anything about this and asked when the eviction was going to happen, so we told him it just had. He was going to call her mobile phone, so hopefully he can be a resource for her. There really isn't anything else we can do.

Then we grabbed the NZ book of common prayer and went through each room in the house, reading the blessings and the lessons as appropriate to make this a house of peace, restfulness and respite. And THEN, bowing to both the cleansing, fung shui and other rituals, we wiped down all the walls with vinegar to purify, lit pure beeswax candles, vaccuumed like you couldn't believe, and lit sage, rosemary and cedar smudge sticks, praying our best for the house, for peace and indeed even for Rachel.

We're exhausted. It was an amazingly draining experience, and that was with the fact that we were blessed with the best sherriffs and movers possible for the job. Letters of praise will be written all around. The lady sherriff let the SF know she was on a short leash as far as the bossiness, etc was concerned, and as the stall tactics kicked in as the move came to an end, she was known to utter more than once "keep her moving, keep her moving."

I'm so happy it is all over, although we can't quite shake the feeling that she's coming back somehow. That will pass. I've already moved my stuff into the study area, which is actually a really great space, as it turns out. Happiness and cheeriness will follow. Amen.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank God it's over, Anne, and without bloodshed. I hope you all recover quickly.

I trust you've had the locks changed already?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dee.
Ship's Theological Acrobat
# 5681

- Posted      Profile for Dee.   Email Dee.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
NZ book of common prayer...a most excellent choice...no histronics...oh well...could be worse I suppose.

--------------------
Jesus - nice bloke, bit religious

Posts: 2679 | From: Under Downunder | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They very well could be worse. If the evil spirit is reluctant to depart, you can always fall back on The Lesser Banishing Ritual.

[Don't forget to close the circle]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Joan Rasch
Shipmate
# 49

- Posted      Profile for Joan Rasch   Email Joan Rasch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know this is un-Hellish, but it might be nice, as this thread is likely to close soon, to offer prayers: - for the now ex-roommate, that she may learn what she needs to know, so that she may get her life in order; and for our Shipmate and her housemates, (who I think, setting aside the banter in this thread, have in fact, thought carefully about the choices they've made in acting on this situation), that they may be freed from rancor, and able to go forward in peace.

Joan Rasch

--------------------
* A cyclist on the information bikepath

Posts: 509 | From: Boston, MA USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Spread out. Fill the space with your stuff, with light and music and yourselves. Don't leave a vacuum.

quote:
(Matthew 12:43-45, NKJV)

"When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.

Then he says, "I will return to my house from which I came." And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.

Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first...

So far, in this Hell thread, there's been a purification ritual and prayer and Scripture quoted.

Can we get some hymns sung and have Communion? Hell could get to be the new, edgy CoF.

--------------------

Qestia

Marshwiggle
# 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What does the fact that lunch is burritos say about the God that provided?

I don't know about this, but it reminded me of a "deep thought" from Jack Handy.

quote:
If God dwells inside us like some people say....I sure hope he likes enchiladas, cuz thats what he's getting.
Go-Anne-Go--I'm glad the ordeal is over. And hope unhellishly that the SF gets her life together...someplace else.

--------------------
I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t an Aslan to lead it.
I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
kinder
Shipmate
# 8886

- Posted      Profile for kinder   Email kinder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"A student asks the rabbi if there is a blessing for the czar, a cruel ruler ultimately responsible for terrible persecution of the Jews. The rabbi replies in the affirmative, as he offers this benediction: "May God bless and keep the czar . . . far away from us!"

Replace czar with former roommate. Lather, rinse, repeat.

[ 13. January 2005, 16:30: Message edited by: kinder ]

--------------------
"I can actually say that after 4 1/2 years of therapy and intense spiritual healing, I no longer hate George Bush. But at the same time, I have committed my life to his overthrow. I mean 'overthrow' in a loving, Christian way...."

Posts: 126 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
HopPik
Shipmate
# 8510

- Posted      Profile for HopPik     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anne this thread must be running to a close now, but peace be in your home, God bless

--------------------
Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and supposedly the pig enjoys it. G.B. Shaw

Posts: 2084 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So far, in this Hell thread, there's been a purification ritual and prayer and Scripture quoted.

Can we get some hymns sung...?

Hmmm...."Once to ev'ry man and nation/Comes the moment to decide..." to the tune "Ebenezer."

Rossweisse // I know it's theologically Wrong, but it seemed appropriate

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good one, Ross, and Very New England.

The sixth and last stanza of # 739 in A & M suits me:

For right is right, as God is God,
And right the day must win;
To doubt would be disloyalty,
To falter were to sin.

Ayyyyy MEN!

Leetle Masha

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

It is completely weird how she'd taken over our lives and we hadn't realized how much. I was starting to get tense on the T as I was going home, but then I realized she wouldn't be there, and waves of relief keep flooding over me. Anyway, apart from the debt collection litigation (and the sherriffs were even giving us advice on how best to do that, as they're pretty expert), she is gone, we are COMPLETELY moving everything around and she will be relegated to stories over a beer, so I think it is time to ask this thread to be closed, please, hostly people.
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
They very well could be worse. If the evil spirit is reluctant to depart, you can always fall back on The Lesser Banishing Ritual.

[Don't forget to close the circle]

As soon as I saw it opened with "hold steel dagger" I knew we wouldn't be able to do it. Where the heck am I supposed to get ahold of one of those? My restraining order says "no weapons." [Biased]

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Go Anne Go:
Anyway, apart from the debt collection litigation (and the sherriffs were even giving us advice on how best to do that, as they're pretty expert), she is gone, we are COMPLETELY moving everything around and she will be relegated to stories over a beer, so I think it is time to ask this thread to be closed, please, hostly people.

I think that single sentence was asking for this thread to be closed. Request granted.

-RooK
Hellhost

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016