homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: SpongeBob promotes homosexuality! (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: SpongeBob promotes homosexuality!
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It appears that SpongeBob is spearheading an insidious campaign to spread homosexuality among children. Or so claims James Dobson founder of Focus on the Family. BBC News report. Why do such morons insist on reading sinister motives into harmless entertainment?

[ 29. April 2005, 22:00: Message edited by: Sarkycow ]

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Panda
Shipmate
# 2951

- Posted      Profile for Panda   Email Panda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Presumably because they really do have nothing better to concentrate on.

I love this:
quote:
SpongeBob ... is seen as an icon for adult gay men in the US, apparently because he regularly holds hands with his sidekick Patrick.
No doubt that writes off Ernie and Bert too - my god, they live together!
Posts: 1637 | From: North Wales | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My favourite part was
quote:
WAFF spokesman Mark Barondeso told the newspaper that anyone who thought the video promoted homosexuality "needs to visit their doctor and get their medication increased".
A more Ship-like response I can't imagine [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh no! [Eek!]

When I minded Left At the Altar's children on Saturday night they forced me to watch a SpongeBob movie with them. Do you suppose I'm scarred for life?

(I thought the hand-holding was kind of cute.)

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw this on the Today show this morning (which I only watch while running. It makes the exercise seem less painful by comparison.) I yelled at the screen, "The Video promotes tolerance of differences in general!! Not acceptance of homosexuality! Jesus might even have approved! You have a Bible, look it up!"

[ 21. January 2005, 12:59: Message edited by: Laura ]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shades of Tinky-winky's handbag!

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Back in 1999, Jerry Falwell went on about Teletubbies in the same vein.

(cross-posted with Amos)

[ 21. January 2005, 13:10: Message edited by: Henry Troup ]

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
cocktailgirl

mixer of the drinks
# 8684

- Posted      Profile for cocktailgirl     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And even Noddy got censored a few years ago, because he slept in the same bed as Big Ears.

What sort of bizarre moral universe do these people inhabit that they see so-called sexual deviancy everywhere? They are well and truly obsessed. [Mad] [Mad]

Posts: 841 | From: in hac lacrimarum valle, propping up the bar | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sleeping with Big Ears is deviant behaviour. You have to draw the line somewhere.

[ 21. January 2005, 13:21: Message edited by: Amos ]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hold hands and skip down the street (with my four year old). What does that make me? Or does it only apply to cartoon characters?

C

--------------------
arse

Off Centre View
Shipmate
# 4254

- Posted      Profile for Off Centre View   Author's homepage   Email Off Centre View   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amos:
Sleeping with Big Ears is deviant behaviour. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Camilla Parker Bowles? [Snigger]

--------------------
Looking for Authenticity in the Corporate Abyss? Change Your Self, Change Your Workplace, Change Your World: www.corporateabyss.com

Posts: 1685 | From: wherever I may wander | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
JohnBoot
BOOTED
# 3566

- Posted      Profile for JohnBoot   Email JohnBoot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
SpongeBob ... is seen as an icon for adult gay men in the US, apparently because he regularly holds hands with his sidekick Patrick.
There's a thread in Mystery Worship on this same subject. Many posters fear that holding hands will promote homosexuality and - apparently - heterosexuality.
Posts: 789 | From: Detroit | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Qestia

Marshwiggle
# 717

- Posted      Profile for Qestia   Email Qestia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheesy*:
I hold hands and skip down the street (with my four year old). What does that make me? Or does it only apply to cartoon characters?

C

Obviously, you must be a pedophile. Holding hands with children is definitely always sexual in nature. Next time I see a group of young school kids holding hands with their "buddies" I plan to tell them just how disgusting they are being. [Roll Eyes]

[ 21. January 2005, 14:23: Message edited by: Qestia ]

Posts: 1213 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JohnBoot:
quote:
There's a thread in Mystery Worship on this same subject. Many posters fear that holding hands will promote homosexuality and - apparently - heterosexuality.
Most relationships start with people talking to one another. That's where the problem starts! No more conversations! It leads to keeping each other company, playing together, holding hands, sharing meals and who knows something homosexual or heterosexual is bound to come out of it! People should be content to their own company for fear that they may meet anyone else.

Dobson and your paranoid ilk: attack evil that is truly evil, not that which is as much or more a sign of good as of evil. Because you are not comfortable holding hands with another man is no reason other men should not do that.

ps: and don't screw standing up. It only leads to dancing.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was informed yesterday that holding hands promotes cooties.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What about Morecambe and Wise, for crying our loud? [Eek!] To think I spent all these years never suspecting that they both might be Players of the Pink Oboe (as the late great Peter Cook would have had it)

Matt

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raspberry Rabbit

Will preach for food
# 3080

- Posted      Profile for Raspberry Rabbit   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every since SpongeBob was featured on Queer Eye for the Straight Cartoon Character he's been acting rather strangely.

RR

--------------------
...naked pirates not respecting boundaries...
(((BLOG)))

Posts: 2215 | From: In the middle of France | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
shareman
Shipmate
# 2871

- Posted      Profile for shareman   Email shareman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So that's why I've been finding myself attracted to square shaped yellow pock marked men! Now it's all clear! I refuse to walk a dog on a leash. I know I'd be promoting S&M bestiality.

[ 21. January 2005, 15:21: Message edited by: shareman ]

--------------------
Israel also came into Egypt, and Jacob was a stranger in the land of Ham.

Posts: 516 | From: on a rock AND a hard place | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Righteous Rebel
Ship's Hobbit Lover
# 7524

- Posted      Profile for Righteous Rebel   Author's homepage   Email Righteous Rebel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While Dr. Dobson is not exactly what I'd call a loony, I do believe he has missed the boat on this one, just as Rev. Falwell missed on the Teletubbies. But, then again, I remember a time back in the '70s (I'm telling my age [Big Grin] ) when Falwell made a statement on national television that Billy Graham was going to hell because he had let his hair grow over the top of his shirt collar [Roll Eyes] . The problem with people in ministry who rise to national prominence all too often forget that God is the giver of wisdom, not imperfect human beings. Right-wing fundamentalists make me sick because they're so self-righteous and narrow in their views and they make me ashamed because, at one time, I was one of them. [Help]

--------------------
To be or not to be: is there really any question?

Posts: 223 | From: Blue Ridge Mtns., TN USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sponge bob must be Paul Martin's friend. [Biased]

CBC article

[ 21. January 2005, 16:13: Message edited by: Og: Thread Killer ]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Wtf? You mean the one about holding hands during the Lord's Prayer? [Confused]
Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The only reason Spongy don't look gay as a flamenco dancer's pink undies to me is because he dresses so horribly. He does remind me of certain high school friends... But they always dressed impeccably.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Righteous Rebel:
While Dr. Dobson is not exactly what I'd call a loony...

And there you would be wrong, Dobson needs the little pink pills, oh wait, blue pills, oh wait, anyway, MEDICATION for his disease of fundeMENTALism.

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Exiled Youth
Shipmate
# 8744

- Posted      Profile for Exiled Youth   Email Exiled Youth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
men all over nepal hold hands all the time cos they're mates...possibly elsewhere, but i'm not as well travelled as i'd like to be.

I'd like to see Dr whatsisface try and tell them they're all gay. He'd be strung up in short order...

--------------------
Gold from Egypt is still gold -- St. Augustine of Hippo

Posts: 411 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
JohnBoot
BOOTED
# 3566

- Posted      Profile for JohnBoot   Email JohnBoot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
You mean the one about holding hands during the Lord's Prayer?

I was referring to the thread on holding hands during the Hail Mary.
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
arab men regularly hold hands when they walk together. or so i've heard.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Off Centre View
Shipmate
# 4254

- Posted      Profile for Off Centre View   Author's homepage   Email Off Centre View   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiled Youth:
men all over nepal hold hands all the time cos they're mates...possibly elsewhere, but i'm not as well travelled as i'd like to be.

I'd like to see Dr whatsisface try and tell them they're all gay. He'd be strung up in short order...

Wasn't there also video footage of President Dubya holding hands with various Saudi Arabian men, and his father also holding hands with hands with other such well-dressed men....

EDIT: As a previous post just commented on!

[ 21. January 2005, 17:50: Message edited by: Off Centre View ]

--------------------
Looking for Authenticity in the Corporate Abyss? Change Your Self, Change Your Workplace, Change Your World: www.corporateabyss.com

Posts: 1685 | From: wherever I may wander | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
another story

from cnn, giving a bit more info. very, very silly.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

But, but, all I wanted to do was to make people happy. And sing! [Disappointed]

I blame David Hasselhoff. I told the studio I didn't want him in my last movie, but do they ever listen to me? NO! Now my whole image is gotten shot to hell. [Biased]

What does a sponge have to do to prove himself a MAN to Mr. Dobson and his Fundamentalist friends? Or else I'll never get to show my face around Colorado Springs again. [Waterworks]

Why I know. I'll join the Power Team. Watch out Veggie Tales, here comes POWER SPONGE! [Razz]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Excuse me? Please point out where such a claim or belief was stated in that MW thread.

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
JohnBoot
BOOTED
# 3566

Well, I re-read the MW thread in order to pluck a good example, but the whole thread is so asstight that I would hate to showcase one puckeree above the other puckerees.

There seems to be a common philosophy that the posters' arid view of life and worship is the norm for humanity.

Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If SpongeBob is indeed an "icon for gay adult men in the U.S.", who's going to tell them? I'm relatively certain they are unaware of this, and I hate for them to miss out on an icon, even one of the square pants variety.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Memo to Mr. Dobson:

Stop embarassing your fellow Christians.

Regards.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

- Posted      Profile for Fool of a Took   Email Fool of a Took   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Tolerance is a personal decision that comes from a belief that every person is a treasure. I believe that America's diversity is its strength. I also recognize that ignorance, insensitivity and bigotry can turn that diversity into a source of prejudice and discrimination.

To help keep diversity a wellspring of strength and make America a better place for all, I pledge to have respect for people whose abilities, beliefs, culture, race, sexual identity or other characteristics are different from my own.

Utterly scandalous, that is!
Respect! Surely you jest!
Anyone who makes this pledge is going straight to hell, you can bet on that! Except that betting will take you straight to hell, too. [brick wall]

Posts: 1205 | From: Toronto-ish | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have just discussed this with my 14 yo boy who rolled his eyes and said.

"When you are at school and go to the library the teachers tell you to hold hands with the person next to you" (the kids walk in two columns holding hands and the kids usually pair up in same sex pairs ).

My boy also said kids would not think of homosexuality becuase two inanimate same sex cartoon characters held hands (get real). He did concede that if spongebob kissed Patrick on the lips there would be suspicions.

He also thought there was a 'lot more' to weigh up when declaring yourself homosexual than the fact that two cartoon characters held hands.

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is no accident that the first five letters of SpongeBob's name spell the name of a certain bishop.

--------------------

Posts: 2405 | From: Aotearoa/New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Exiled Youth
Shipmate
# 8744

- Posted      Profile for Exiled Youth   Email Exiled Youth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Off Centre View:
quote:
Originally posted by Exiled Youth:

Wasn't there also video footage of President Dubya holding hands with various Saudi Arabian men, and his father also holding hands with hands with other such well-dressed men....

EDIT: As a previous post just commented on!

there's quite a famous photo of a french prez holding hands with his german counterpart at a big reconciliation ceremony, looking very serious indeed, which was hijacked by a gay tv channel with the byline "there's more to life than sex"

Wasn't too popular for some strange reason...

--------------------
Gold from Egypt is still gold -- St. Augustine of Hippo

Posts: 411 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

- Posted      Profile for Go Anne Go   Author's homepage   Email Go Anne Go   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love the way there is this concept out there that by "promoting" homosexuality, you're going to convert young people. As many have noted, there are all kinds of good icons out there for the gay youth of today, Spongebob and Patrick, (and wait, as we all know Spongebob is crazy for Sandy Squirrel and in the movie Patrick lost the power of speech every time the mermaid came on, so great was his lust. Oh, lust, now there's a sin, but they're not wibbling on about THAT now are they?) Bert and Ernie, Tinky Winky and his purse, Big Bird and Snuffy, Alvin and those damn chipmunks, Chip and Dale (apparently chipmunks are not just homos, they're promiscuous as well, the list goes on and on.

All this suffering in the world and they're worried about cartoon characters? Best to give them short shrift. OR a swift kick.

--------------------
Go Anne Go, you is the bestest shipmate evah - Kelly Alveswww.goannego.com

Posts: 2227 | From: Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Red Sox | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nutmeg:
He did concede that if spongebob kissed Patrick on the lips there would be suspicions.

Kids don't miss a trick, do they? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
If SpongeBob is indeed an "icon for gay adult men in the U.S.", who's going to tell them?

Fortunately I have the ship to keep me up to date on these matters. Otherwise I would miss so much.

Tomorrow upon arising I shall commence to search for an icon of SpongeBob to replace the apparently oh-so-passe St. Xenia of Rome.

The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Tomorrow upon arising...
Now, there's some witty text painting.

--------------------
"I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant." Ralph Vaughan Williams

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
...Tomorrow upon arising I shall commence to search for an icon of SpongeBob to replace the apparently oh-so-passe St. Xenia of Rome.

Perhaps this?

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

- Posted      Profile for Go Anne Go   Author's homepage   Email Go Anne Go   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Geo:
quote:
...Tomorrow upon arising I shall commence to search for an icon of SpongeBob to replace the apparently oh-so-passe St. Xenia of Rome.

Perhaps this?
Gay icons of the Ship, please advise me. I wish, nay need to purchase one of these for my friend Graham. And yet, Graham is not gay, nor is he about to see the light. Is this an offense to the gay iconage? Or just a slap in the face to faith and the family?

--------------------
Go Anne Go, you is the bestest shipmate evah - Kelly Alveswww.goannego.com

Posts: 2227 | From: Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Red Sox | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Perhaps this?

Actually I think this would be more iconographic. Especially in a beaten-silver frame.
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by The Riv:
quote:
Tomorrow upon arising...
Now, there's some witty text painting.
One musn't dawdle or one might miss the next new thing. Who knows what might be all the rage by supper time?
Squirrel
Shipmate
# 3040

- Posted      Profile for Squirrel   Email Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's see...

BUGS BUNNY is definitely out. He sometimes kissed Elmer Fudd before doing things like handing him a bomb. So, not only was he gay, but also a sadiist.

THE PINK PANTHER. No comment.

PEANUTS. That Peppermint Patty is obviously a butch. Witness that girl Marcie who follows her around and always addresses her as "Sir." AND, what's worse, she seems to have a thing for Snoopy. Beastiality!!!

YOGI BEAR. He hybernates in the same bed as his pal Boo-Boo.

THE FLINTSTONES. Fred and Barney would embrace and sing "My bousom buddy and my life-long pal."

THE HONEYMOONERS. Both Ralph Cramdon and Ed Norton were childless. Ed at one point calls Ralph "The sweetest guy in the world." And what REALLY goes on at that Raccoon Lodge, presided over by the Grand High-Exalted Mystic Ruler? Obviously a reference to those satanic Freemasons!!

CASPER THE FRIENDLY GHOST. Obviously gay. And a sinister plot to get kids interested in the occult.

BATMAN. This single guy named Bruce lived with an unrelated teenager named Dick. They both wore tights and capes. And the Joker!!!

--------------------
"The moral is to the physical as three is to one."
- Napoleon

"Five to one."
- George S. Patton

Posts: 1014 | From: Gotham City - Brain of the Great Satan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Perhaps this?

Actually I think this would be more iconographic. Especially in a beaten-silver frame.
You could even make him put out his tongue. Or be tongue in cheek.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

The tongue seems to be a little low for that. Could make his nose grow like Pinocchio's though.
Foolhearty
Shipmate
# 6196

- Posted      Profile for Foolhearty   Email Foolhearty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And for Heaven's sakes, don't forget that evil satanic movie, The Lion King, in which dust swirls are said to have spelled out something nasty over the heads of the two young lover-lions.

Although I believe that was alleged to have been discovered by a three-year-old boy rather than someone like Dr. Dobson.

And oh yes, it only read out something nasty if one played the tape backwards.

Plots everywhere. What's a Christian™ to do?

--------------------
Fear doesn't empty tomorrow of its perils; it empties today of its power.

Posts: 2301 | From: Upper right-hand corner | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Foolhearty:
What's a Christian™ to do?

Do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with your God?

Nah. How about minding everybody else's fucking business. Lot's more fun apparently.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016