homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: SpongeBob promotes homosexuality! (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: SpongeBob promotes homosexuality!
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(That was directed at James Dobson and his ilk, Foolhearty, not at you.)
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel:
BUGS BUNNY is definitely out. He sometimes kissed Elmer Fudd before doing things like handing him a bomb. So, not only was he gay, but also a sadiist.

Bugs Bunny MARRIED Elmer Fudd! Then dropped him off a ladder into a cake! Shivers!

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
One musn't dawdle or one might miss the next new thing. Who knows what might be all the rage by supper time?

What the hell is a "SpongeBob? I need to upgrade my cable account, apparently. Mustn't fall too far behind on the latest queer eye animated makeover.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Foolhearty
Shipmate
# 6196

- Posted      Profile for Foolhearty   Email Foolhearty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
(That was directed at James Dobson and his ilk, Foolhearty, not at you.)

Why, Sine, that's the sweetest thing anyone's said to me all day.

Sadly, His Namelessness makes a crucial point: in a tangible demonstration of this world's utter brokenness, James Dobson does indeed have an ilk.

--------------------
Fear doesn't empty tomorrow of its perils; it empties today of its power.

Posts: 2301 | From: Upper right-hand corner | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Conte Oberto
Apprentice
# 9004

- Posted      Profile for Conte Oberto     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JohnBoot:
Well, I re-read the MW thread in order to pluck a good example, but the whole thread is so asstight that I would hate to showcase one puckeree above the other puckerees.

There seems to be a common philosophy that the posters' arid view of life and worship is the norm for humanity.

Excuse me, JohnBoot, I'm new here. I am not trying to start a fight, however, I am not sure from your post if you are gay or gay-baiting but it looks like one or other. What do you mean by "asstight" and "puckerees", thank you.

--------------------
Be prepared.

Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I bet Nickelodeon paid Dobson off. When that goofy Teletubby thing was going around, every Headliners* in San Francisco was pimping out little purple Oompa-Loompa rip-offs. There is no better way to ensure a cartoon character's immortality as a gay icon than to get Dobson or one of his camp to rail against it.

* Yuppie gift store

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Dobson or one of his camp

He is pretty campy isn't he?

Hey, wait a minute.....

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Conte Oberto:
Excuse me, JohnBoot, I'm new here. I am not trying to start a fight, however, I am not sure from your post if you are gay or gay-baiting but it looks like one or other. What do you mean by "asstight" and "puckerees", thank you.

Don't worry Conte, just don't drop the soap when posting around Mr. Boot. That's just his way of weeding out the weak and illiterate.

--------------------

Phos Hilaron
Shipmate
# 6914

- Posted      Profile for Phos Hilaron   Email Phos Hilaron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Conte Oberto:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnBoot:
Well, I re-read the MW thread in order to pluck a good example, but the whole thread is so asstight that I would hate to showcase one puckeree above the other puckerees.

There seems to be a common philosophy that the posters' arid view of life and worship is the norm for humanity.

Hello, Conte, let me have the honour of being the first to welcome you aboard the ship! Don't mind John Boot, he likes to think of himself as a bit of a wag (amusing fellow).

--------------------
Gaero?.......Gaero!

Posts: 1684 | From: Choson | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

I just want to apologize for ever having listened to the "Focus on the Family" radio show, or purchased any of Dobson's books. Please forgive me.

I am willing to hear suggestions for a reasonable penance.

--------------------

Phos Hilaron
Shipmate
# 6914

- Posted      Profile for Phos Hilaron   Email Phos Hilaron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
I just want to apologize for ever having listened to the "Focus on the Family" radio show, or purchased any of Dobson's books. Please forgive me.

I am willing to hear suggestions for a reasonable penance.

I could send you the entire Sponge Bob collection overdubbed in Korean.

--------------------
Gaero?.......Gaero!

Posts: 1684 | From: Choson | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by HangarQueen:
I could send you the entire Sponge Bob collection overdubbed in Korean.

Preferrably not penances that waste horrific amounts of time. I have things I need to do.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

SpongeBob speaking Korean may be more enlightening than the rants that pass for discourse in these nether regions.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
SpongeBob speaking Korean may be more enlightening than the rants that pass for discourse in these nether regions.

Is the irony on purpose or an unexpected sweet side-effect?

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Preferrably not penances that waste horrific amounts of time. I have things I need to do.

You are hereby confined to a small room with a computer, where you will spend the rest of your life castigating complete strangers on a message board for making innocuous postings on a relatively unknown message board.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

That's not my penance, that's my hobby.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

[Killing me] Must think of something more deviant...will get back to you.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amos:
Sleeping with Big Ears is deviant behaviour. You have to draw the line somewhere.

That is unkind and unfair to people who are auricularly challenged.

There was a bloke on the bus the other day sitting in front of me who had large ears that stuck out about an inch from his head. As the sun fell on them they sort of glowed in the light.

I'd never realized before what extraordinary things ears could be.

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
As the sun fell on them they sort of glowed in the light.

I'd never realized before what extraordinary things ears could be.

They glow if you shine a flashlight (torch?) behind them too. I recall this gave me and my brother hours of childhood fun.

That and putting magnifying glasses over the top of ant hills on sunny days.

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You get the same affect if you stick a mag-light up your nostril.

Perhaps Dobson has seen the Spongebob episode in which he and Patrick adopt a baby? Or the one with the quote "am I a pretty girl?"

The Spongebob thong is also available at a shop near you!

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think Dr. Dobson is just confused about a sponge that is a snappy dresser and hangs out with colorful friends. He needs to learn some more about the term "metrosexual". It will certainly add to his "hipness" cred with the young people. [Biased]

Seriously, I think the problem with people like Dr. Dobson and other people that are into the whole "culture war" mentality, is that they are so obsessed with the so-called "gay agenda" that they look for it in places where it doesn't exist. Things like this are an embarrassment to Christianity. [Frown]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
That's not my penance, that's my hobby.

[Snigger] At least you have the grace to admit it...

(P.S. Points for being the first to pick up on "Camp." )

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Lurker McLurker™

Ship's stowaway
# 1384

- Posted      Profile for Lurker McLurker™     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Memo to Mr. Dobson:

Stop embarassing your fellow Christians.

Regards.

Then again there's making a fool of oneself and telling blatant lies.

given the damage that man has done over the years, perhaps we're better off with him fixating on catoon charcters.

I wonder if we can get him to have a serial killer believing he'd avoid the death penalty if he went on TV and falsely blamed Spongebob for his crimes. That would be fun to see.

[ 22. January 2005, 16:51: Message edited by: Lurker McLurker™ ]

--------------------
Just War Theory- a perversion of morality?

Posts: 5661 | From: Raxacoricofallapatorius | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Swish
Shipmate
# 8566

- Posted      Profile for Swish   Email Swish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What is this world coming too? Only 10 years ago a Christian would know what was offensive, what was childish and what was silly! And even then, if it was offensive, they would probably realise that protesting would only make more people watch it. There were a few exceptions in the past (Life of Brian) but generally Christians (and other religions) kept their heads on.

Now, in a matter of months, there have been riots and protests against Spongue Bob, Jerry Springer and many others! It's not confined to Christianity either, as many adament theatre goers would agree. What has happened? Is it just that I've begun to realise it? Why doesn't everyone just cool it, read the bit in the Bible about love, fellowship and tollerance and just stop it? Ooh it makes me mad! [Mad]

--------------------
Sorry Ted. I was concentrating too hard on looking holy.

Posts: 114 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(sourly) Would have worked for Dan White.

[That was in reference to Lurker's serial killer scenario.]

[ 22. January 2005, 17:27: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
The Spongebob thong is also available at a shop near you!

Um, IIRC from the movie previews, Spongebob wears boxes.

I need advice from the Gay Icons of the Ship... Do I have to like Spongebob to retain my Gay Card? It's up for renewal this year, and I've tried to watch the show, but I just can't! It's too frelling creepy!

Oh, and JohnBoot: Fuck off and die, y'gormless twat.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
JohnBoot
BOOTED
# 3566

- Posted      Profile for JohnBoot   Email JohnBoot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy da Wonder Sheep:

Oh, and JohnBoot: Fuck off and die, y'gormless twat.

I do apologize; the requirement to type only in English has thrown me off my usual form.
Posts: 789 | From: Detroit | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

You see, John, that's what you get for trying to be multi-cultural and inclusive. No appreciation.
JohnBoot
BOOTED
# 3566

- Posted      Profile for JohnBoot   Email JohnBoot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Before I was halted in my tracks, I was poring over my paperback copy of Magyar for Dummies, and I found just the most perfect aphorism for this situation, but it loses so much when it's translated into English.

Sigh - I feel I have one smartass arm tied behind my back.

Posts: 789 | From: Detroit | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swish:
What is this world coming too? Only 10 years ago a Christian would know what was offensive, what was childish and what was silly! And even then, if it was offensive, they would probably realise that protesting would only make more people watch it. There were a few exceptions in the past (Life of Brian) but generally Christians (and other religions) kept their heads on.

Not true. Plenty of Christians stupidly protested against "The Last Temptation of Christ."
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Conte Oberto
Apprentice
# 9004

- Posted      Profile for Conte Oberto     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
Don't worry Conte, just don't drop the soap when posting around Mr. Boot.

OK, now I understand. He does seem pretty self-loathing if that's the case though.
Thank you for the welcome!

--------------------
Be prepared.

Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you can understand all of Johnboot's posts without first cracking your skull with a piece of 4 by 2 then you should probably up your meds. If you agree with his posts then you should probably overdose on your meds.

--------------------

Posts: 2405 | From: Aotearoa/New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

I am proud to say I both understand and agree with most of Mr. Boot's posts. I know of no one on the ship better at puncturing pomposity or exposing hypocrisy. The Unrestful tend not to like it when it is pointed out that they too frequently fall into the whited sepulcher category.

I think the rage he inspires is a tribute to the truths he tells.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I dunno if I agree with everything he says, but I kinda get a boot out of him sometimes. A kick, I mean.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
I think the rage he inspires is a tribute to the truths he tells.

Or the fact that he's an fucking asshole who, when contested, slinks away into a hole until everything blows over, and never faces his accusers nor addresses their complaints.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Well, he certainly inspires controversy, doesn't he? That's a tribute of a sort. So Unrestful.

Sort of like one of those annoying Old Testament prophets.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Well, he certainly inspires controversy, doesn't he?

Disgust, maybe.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Gosh, what a dull world it would be if we all had the same opinions. Fortunately that's not likely to happen. It would make it difficult to get good odds on the trifecta.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Gosh, what a dull world it would be if we all had the same opinions. Fortunately that's not likely to happen. It would make it difficult to get good odds on the trifecta.

Opinion isn't the issue.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

erm..what was the issue again? [Confused]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

assholity

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Oh, yeah! SpongeBob really takes the cake. Corrupting the youth of American and all...

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

I like the self-depricating irony, Gort.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
assholity

...in your opinion. Not in mine.

Oops. I forgot. You've got more posts than I do. Never mind. You must be right.

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
...in your opinion.

I get it now!

Opinions=assholes=everyone's got one

Sometimes you guys are so cryptic it takes awhile.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Snigger] Gort, you crack my shit up on a regular basis.

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Well, he certainly inspires controversy, doesn't he? That's a tribute of a sort. So Unrestful.

Sort of like one of those annoying Old Testament prophets.

Except they were speaking God's words.

Bootycall is just speaking his own.

Sarkycow

PS Sine, I didn't realise you were finding it so hard to pick up a date.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

No, I was just trying to dispel my reputation as an asslicker who sucks up to the hosts and admins by Resolutely Taking An Unpopular Stand.

I don't think it worked though.

[But you're right. Nobody has PM'd me on the dating thread.]

[ 23. January 2005, 14:22: Message edited by: Sine Nomine ]

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I think you were resolute.

(Psst. Sine, do I have to read what you wrote before I post this?)

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

My posts are very short. Even you ought to be able to read them.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016