homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: SpongeBob promotes homosexuality! (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: SpongeBob promotes homosexuality!
Rangatira
Apprentice
# 8232

- Posted      Profile for Rangatira   Email Rangatira   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheesy*:
I hold hands and skip down the street (with my four year old). What does that make me?

A pedophile, o'course.What a stupid question to ask [Two face]

--------------------
He aha te mea nui o te Ao? Maku e ki atu. He tangata, he tangata, he tangata.

Posts: 38 | From: Rotorua, Aotearoa/Poznan, Poland | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Foolhearty
Shipmate
# 6196

- Posted      Profile for Foolhearty   Email Foolhearty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This whole thing makes me wonder. These loonies sincerely believe sexual orientation is all about "lifestyle choice."

Do you suppose James Dobson has sat down at some point, reflected deeply on his own sexuality, and come to the earthshattering realization that, after years of heterosexual marriage, he is deeply and profoundly and insatiably attracted to starfish?

The poor guy. Let's start a fund to send him to Boston, where the Aquarium has a Tidal Petting Zoo.

A starfish there once curled quite cozily around my finger. [Ultra confused] [Eek!] [Paranoid]

--------------------
Fear doesn't empty tomorrow of its perils; it empties today of its power.

Posts: 2301 | From: Upper right-hand corner | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmmm. James Dobson as an aquarium exhibit...

Yeah. I like it!

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Overused]

ChastMastr, for 6 consecutive posts on page 5 - and no redundant apology!

Is this a Ship record?

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Benedictus
Shipmate
# 1215

- Posted      Profile for Benedictus   Email Benedictus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We used to get phone calls several times a year from the Focus on the Family people. I finally told them if they had a movie showing a gay couple being treated with courtesy and respect by everybody else in the neighborhood to call me, because that would certainly reflect positive family values. Funny, I haven't heard from them since.

--------------------
Resentment: Me drinking poison and expecting them to die

Posts: 1378 | From: Hertfordshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
[...] It's an odd thing, this debate re: Spongebob et al -- I have heaps of gay friends, and I've never once wanted to engage in sex with another woman, not have really even given it much thought.

Sorry, Laura...but your gay women friends must not be very attractive! [Snigger]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Foolhearty:
[...] A starfish there once curled quite cozily around my finger. [Ultra confused] [Eek!] [Paranoid]

Oh.My.Gawd!

The depths of your depravity have obviously never been fully plumbed, my dear! [Snigger]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
quote:
[...] It's an odd thing, this debate re: Spongebob et al -- I have heaps of gay friends, and I've never once wanted to engage in sex with another woman, not have really even given it much thought.

Sorry, Laura...but your gay women friends must not be very attractive! [Snigger]
CLANNNGGG.

(In case y'all are wondering, that is the sound of a robot getting sent upside the head with an axe.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

OUCH!! GEEEZZ!! [Frown]

--------------------

Foolhearty
Shipmate
# 6196

- Posted      Profile for Foolhearty   Email Foolhearty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
quote:
Originally posted by Foolhearty:
[...] A starfish there once curled quite cozily around my finger. [Ultra confused] [Eek!] [Paranoid]

Oh.My.Gawd!

The depths of your depravity have obviously never been fully plumbed, my dear! [Snigger]

Hey. It was the starfish doing the curling. I did nothing -- nothing, I tell you -- to invite such shocking liberties.

It's the agressive coziness which probably sends Dobson over the edge. I think he and Patrick would make a cute couple, though.

--------------------
Fear doesn't empty tomorrow of its perils; it empties today of its power.

Posts: 2301 | From: Upper right-hand corner | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah....and just what part of "No" does a starfish not understand?!?!

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps someone needs to decorate a sponge cake to look like SpongeBob, and give it to Dobson?
[Snigger]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One SpongeBob cake ready to go [Smile]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm happy to report that a search for Spongebob Squarepants slash fiction only turned up this.

For which we can all, particularly Patrick and/or Mr. Krab, be grateful.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Go Anne Go

Amazonian Wonder
# 3519

- Posted      Profile for Go Anne Go   Author's homepage   Email Go Anne Go   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a great cartoon this week in the New Yorker showing sponge and a starfish reading the mail. The caption says something like "Ah, how sweet. A congratualtions card from Batman and Robin."

Oh how I laughed.

--------------------
Go Anne Go, you is the bestest shipmate evah - Kelly Alveswww.goannego.com

Posts: 2227 | From: Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Red Sox | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
...a search for Spongebob Squarepants slash fiction ...

Try fanfiction.net - Spongebob stories rated R!

[ 16. February 2005, 16:16: Message edited by: Henry Troup ]

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm troubled, now.

Though I like the Batman joke...

--------------------

fionn
Shipmate
# 8534

- Posted      Profile for fionn   Email fionn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Try this one of Spidey and Spongy.
Posts: 179 | From: horsecountry | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Glenn
Shipmate
# 6517

- Posted      Profile for Glenn   Email Glenn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's no pleasing some fundie groups. Tom and Jerry was too violent, but SpongBob is gay because he is SO not macho. I wouldn't say he's effeminate. He's like a little kid. Maybe he will grow up to be a gay man. Who knows? Who cares?!

I think SpongBob is hilarious. My sister gave me a SpongBob T-shirt, but I'm not gay, honest! No really. I've had sex with lots of women, I'll have you know.

[ 17. February 2005, 01:48: Message edited by: Glenn ]

--------------------
We are interested in evidence to support that which we already believe.

Posts: 288 | From: The Universe | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ChastMaster, you have to post that bit from your LiveJournal here! (Yes, I do read it occasionally ...)

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Which bit? [Confused]

David
genuinely curious, as it could be anything

--------------------

Zeke
Ship's Inquirer
# 3271

- Posted      Profile for Zeke   Email Zeke   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
There's no pleasing some fundie groups. Tom and Jerry was too violent, but SpongBob is gay because he is SO not macho. I wouldn't say he's effeminate. He's like a little kid. Maybe he will grow up to be a gay man. Who knows? Who cares?!

I think SpongBob is hilarious. My sister gave me a SpongBob T-shirt, but I'm not gay, honest! No really. I've had sex with lots of women, I'll have you know.

I always thought Spong's name was John.

--------------------
No longer the Bishop of Durham
-----------
If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be without it? --Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5259 | From: Deep in the American desert | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeke:
I always thought Spong's name was John.

It is, or "Jack" to his admirers. Perhaps this is a brother...?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zeke
Ship's Inquirer
# 3271

- Posted      Profile for Zeke   Email Zeke   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually our new priest raised a few eyebrows last week when he recounted an incident involving him, "Jack" and a third person. I remember thinking it was interesting that he knew the man well enough to call him Jack, but perhaps everybody does. His columns, though, say "John Shelby Spong."

Perhaps there is an entire family, Rossweisse.

--------------------
No longer the Bishop of Durham
-----------
If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be without it? --Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5259 | From: Deep in the American desert | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The 'They came for Bert and Ernie' bit. Cracked me up.

--------------------

- Lyda Rose

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd just like to add apropos of nothing in especial, that my cats, despite being exposed to a healthy straight relationship, are still shamelessly gay. They were just Greek wrestling again a moment ago. I don't know what to do for their lost souls.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Laura, there is a dominance issue common in most species.

Or, they're just two hot pusses. [Biased]

--------------------
"I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant." Ralph Vaughan Williams

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It seems you need to watch out for Shrek 2 too. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

Well, that's shocking. Calling the bartender evil like that. Terrible.

Oh, and he's Jonathan Ross in the UK version. Not sure if that makes it better or worse.

--------------------

- Lyda Rose

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
transgender agenda? try saying _that_ three times fast!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Linguo

Ship's grammar robot
# 7220

- Posted      Profile for Linguo   Email Linguo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'd just like to add apropos of nothing in especial, that my cats, despite being exposed to a healthy straight relationship, are still shamelessly gay. They were just Greek wrestling again a moment ago. I don't know what to do for their lost souls.

Ours were gay and incestuous.
Posts: 997 | From: around and about the place | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
The 'They came for Bert and Ernie' bit. Cracked me up.

Oh that!

----------

first they came for bert and ernie
and i said nothing because i was not a muppet

then they came for tinky winky
and i said nothing because i was not a teletubby

then they came for spongebob and patrick
and i said nothing because i was not an asexual cartoon sea creature

and now i'm just wondering who'll be the next target of the
righteous conservative wrath against imaginary creatures

--------------------

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone see the Simpsons gay marriage episode? Shocking I say, sure to be the ruin of our young people.

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

I've heard of it but am more interested in an episode where, as I recall, Homer thinks he's gay and is considered a bear. Anyone know anything about it? Would love to see it... (oh, the joys of catching up on the last few years of TV...)

[ 22. February 2005, 21:30: Message edited by: ChastMastr ]

--------------------

w_houle
Shipmate
# 9045

- Posted      Profile for w_houle   Email w_houle   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All publicity is good publicity. I am not saying to ignore it and hope it goes away, I am saying is that theres no rational argument that is going to make this mess go away. Unfortunantly jumping on the big gay bandwagon might be a way for those who would not have a formed opinion or is acting in this fashion just to act out.
I would like for someone to point out what subtext/ subliminal message there is and how this is going to turn someone gay.

Posts: 128 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Earlier this evening we caught the end of the Simpsons episode where Homer thinks Bart is gay.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Aha, it's one in which Homer winds up with gay roommates. Still want to see it!

--------------------

Liopleurodon

Mighty sea creature
# 4836

- Posted      Profile for Liopleurodon   Email Liopleurodon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I for one think that any kind of sexual innuendo is unacceptable in a children's television programme.

It wasn't like that in my day.

Posts: 1921 | From: Lurking under the ship | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nobody calls me mezzo:
I for one think that any kind of sexual innuendo is unacceptable in a children's television programme.

I tore muscles laughing at that!!

"Pluck, pluck, pluck away..." [Killing me]

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
Aha, it's one in which Homer winds up with gay roommates. Still want to see it!

Does anyone know where I could get that one, or its name?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I can't imagine the Beeb didn't catch that.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IIRC, someone's linked to this before, and it's not a 'real' episode, in the sense that it was never made to be aired.

It was either for a charity night (Comic relief, after the watershed), or just made for fun, or something.

Sarkycow

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chast,

Are you looking for Three Gays of the Condo?

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Calindreams
Shipmate
# 9147

- Posted      Profile for Calindreams   Email Calindreams   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is another Simpson episode where they make a new family friend - John (voiced by John Waters) who turns out to be gay. Homer fears that Bart could be influenced by him, so takes Bart off Reindeer hunting and for Bart to rediscover his masculinity.

--------------------
Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

Posts: 665 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

quote:
Originally posted by saysay:
Chast,

Are you looking for Three Gays of the Condo?

YES!! If I could only find it!!

--------------------

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeke:
I heard something about the offending Buster episode on the radio this morning, and the person mentioning commented that it mainly consisted of seeing two women in a kitchen together. Makes you really worry about those church suppers, doesn't it? Of course I didn't see the evil abomination myself.

Here you can view the episode in its entirety or a 1-minute clip. At the end of the 1-minute clip you see the young girl displaying her two moms together in a photo. What a scandal. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Then there's the classic pantomime routines...

LOL!

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

quote:
Originally posted by Ultraspike:
...Here you can view the episode in its entirety or a 1-minute clip. At the end of the 1-minute clip you see the young girl displaying her two moms together in a photo. What a scandal. [Roll Eyes]

Hmmmm.... I can't help a mild Hellish speculation that the range of skin colour of the children might have got a few people going, too... Yah think? Anyone got a copy of Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress to hand? There's a line I'd like to quote but can't quite recall.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016