homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Ship of Fools does Eurovision (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Ship of Fools does Eurovision
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Contestants! We need more contestants!

Eurovision could be just the thing to kick-start a music career. It's happened at least once before, so why not again [Biased]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:
What would you associate with Austria?

Skiing and Midge Ure.
Of course! Vienna

Took me 2 days to puzzle that one out. Must be my age... [Frown]

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:
Took me 2 days to puzzle that one out. Must be my age... [Frown]

Wow. I thought you were just ignoring the joke [Biased] ...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hugal
Shipmate
# 2734

- Posted      Profile for Hugal   Email Hugal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello I'm back. Been over to my inlaws in Wales. While we were there we went to the final of the 'Voice of Musical Theatre', and to a show about Evan Roberts and the Welsh Revival call Amazing grace. Both excellent.
Well Miffy is right we do need more contestants. Sorry if I have missed anyone off a list. If you have claimed a country it is your.
Do we want to extend the registration time?
While we are waiting does anybody want to post a preview or two for the competitionl, to start the build up, creat excitement and generally keep us going while we wait.

--------------------
I have never done this trick in these trousers before.

Posts: 1887 | From: london | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Taking a crash course in the E.S.C.

I'll take Greece (natch) thanks.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(P.S. Yes, do extend the rego time)
Hugal
Shipmate
# 2734

- Posted      Profile for Hugal   Email Hugal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Firstly Gill H says hello from her bed of Heavey Cold. [Frown]
The contestants so far are:
Callen......Federal Republic of Germany (are you caught in a time warp?)
Miffy.....Austria
Sioni Sais......Malt
Nanny..........Uk
Hugal........France
Gill H (sniff sniff)......Turkey
Not too Bad........Russia
Dragon......Eukrain
Marvin....Estonia
Holy Stone....Andorra
Coot.....Greece.
Ok the date for entries has been exstended to Friday 15th (this Friday) that way we should be able to write our entries over the weekend and startr posting on Monday. Sir Kevin can kick us off as Terry and then we roll out.
Is that ok with everyone?

--------------------

Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Originally posted by Hugal:

quote:
Callen......Federal Republic of Germany (are you caught in a time warp?)
No - unless, I'm mistaken the official title of Germany is Federal Republic of Germany. The Democratic Republic of Germany ceased existence in 1990 and those territories previously comprising it became part of the Federal Republic.

Here endeth the history lesson. I knew I should have decided to plump for Slovenia.

Oh, and it's Callan, btw. [Biased]

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's fine, Hugal - as I've not got much time this week, but will try to think up a press release or promo video for Austria meantime.
Hugal
Shipmate
# 2734

We need more entrants
Sorry Callan I am moderately dylexsic you will have to forgive me. Geography was never my strongest subject sorry again. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

Aaaagh! In the words of the great Victor Meldrew: I do not believe it!! Every time I think of something suitably daft for my Austrian entry, the flipping country goes one better.

* Message from Vienna*

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, Damen und Herren. Greetings from Austria, land of culture, and Europe's most unspoiled holiday destination.

Might I say how honoured we are to be granted a place in this year's contest. We are deeply conscious of the responsibility this entails, and are, even as we speak, auditioning the creme de la creme of the country's bright young talent in order to produce an entry that will pass into the annals of history.

We look forward to meeting you on the night, but meanwhile, who better to give you a taste of wonders yet to come but "two seekers who, on their long journey around the world, have finally found the end of all their yearnings: Austria. A land full of cultured, intensive and untainted experiences and impressions."

Ladies and Gentlemen, Damen und Herren, Mesdames et Messieurs, the Austrian Tourist Board proudly give you... Joe and Sally

Rangatira
Apprentice
# 8232

- Posted      Profile for Rangatira   Email Rangatira   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, and what are penguins doin' in Austria??? [Confused]

--------------------
He aha te mea nui o te Ao? Maku e ki atu. He tangata, he tangata, he tangata.

Posts: 38 | From: Rotorua, Aotearoa/Poznan, Poland | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rangatira
Apprentice
# 8232

- Posted      Profile for Rangatira   Email Rangatira   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooops, k, got it now... [Hot and Hormonal] Man, I really thought I missed something at school [Razz]

--------------------
He aha te mea nui o te Ao? Maku e ki atu. He tangata, he tangata, he tangata.

Posts: 38 | From: Rotorua, Aotearoa/Poznan, Poland | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

quote:
Originally posted by Rangatira:
OK, and what are penguins doin' in Austria??? [Confused]

No idea; other than they seem to be some kind of ambassador for their country. This site tells you more about them. [Big Grin]
Hugal
Shipmate
# 2734

Bump. We need more competitors [Help] may be I started to early. If we do not have a full count by Friday (tomorrow) We should start on Monday anyway. Last chance to enter this weekend.

--------------------

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

Hmmm [Disappointed] I trust would-be competitors are not being diverted to the Vote Pyx_e thread. [Biased]
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just because Gill H is a big bully... [Biased] [Razz]

This is Ireland calling!

( [Ultra confused] [Help] I must be mad!)

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ha! I knew my subtle mix of threats and bribery would work on someone. (Maybe I should promise my signed photo of Gina G to the next entrant - or maybe not ...)

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hugal
Shipmate
# 2734

Dolphy, my darling wife is not bully. I thought I had bettern say that otherwise she might hit me. [Biased]

Hello from France. Once again the tallented duo Thiery and Practice will reprisenting us this year. After their effort last time it was either that or the Bastile. Anyway bon chance mes amis (you will need it we are going to win this year and if not we will sulk like TATU only worse, so there).

--------------------

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

I was strongly tempted to borrow Joe and Sally the penguins for the Austrian entry, but given that I don't wish to have the Ship done for infringement of copyright, I've reconsidered. Helmuth Alpenhorn has emerged from the enforced hospitalisation caused by his antics in the 2003 Ship's Eurovision,and having been hounded out of Switzerland by the Swiss Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Cows(purple or otherwise), has decided to try his luck over the border. Gunther, his conductor will not be joining him, as he has remained behind in Bern to help the Swiss police with their enquiries. However, you'll be thrilled to learn that Helmuth's backing group the Swiss Miss Belles have accompanied him, and will no doubt be displaying their considerable talents to full advantage on the big night! [Big Grin]
dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good evening from Ireland.

We are pleased to announce that the talented singer/songwriter Togs will be representing us on this wonderful Eurovision occasion.

--------------------

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gill H has got to me too...

Ladies and Gentlemen, announcing Iceland's entry: Dagfinnur and Sigmundsdóttir Pétursdóttir, a husband and wife team!

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

All Greek men look like this. And Dimitris Cootis is no exception. He wouldn't allow a filmed interview before the event in case of people 'putting the eye on him'.

Please stay tuned as we will endeavour to find a radio segment done earlier in the year.

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

Interviewer: We spoke to Greek God and rising star vocalist, Dimitris Cootis at his home.

Mama Cootis: Have a biscuit. You must eat something. Don't you like my biscuits?!

Interviewer: Really, they're absolutely lovely. But I've had 5 already.

Dimitris: Ella, Mama. Leave the gentleman alone.

Mama Cootis: He doesn't like my biscuits!!!

Interviewer: Are we on air?!

Interviewer: Dimitris, tell us about your latest song.

Dimitris: Ahh. My latest song is about a boy, and a girl, and love. And the evil Imperialist Capitalist Americans who are trying to rape our culture. Also the Orthodox Church which is the only thing that stops this country being sold out. Excluding those Bishops currently involved in embezzlement and bribery of the judiciary.

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

*Message from the Viennese Tourist authority*

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, Damen und Herren, we are unable to bring you an interview with Helmuth at the moment, as he is busy cleaning his horn and fine tuning his bells. [Eek!] However, in his absence we are proud to bring you just a glimpse of the inestimable charms of our wonderful country.

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Pendragon

Ship's swordbearer
# 8759

- Posted      Profile for Pendragon   Email Pendragon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can I please preety please slip in under the wire as Italy-I haven't been on the ship whilst at home so I'm catching up.

--------------------
Not a particuarly GLE

Everything will be OK in the end; if it's not OK it's not the end.
(seen on a fridgemagnet)

Posts: 392 | From: Coventry | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last call for entrants! Any more joiners?

If not, let's move on to the promotional videos.

Turkey's promo should be with you tomorrow - just having a few problems getting it through customs. The customs officers are ensuring they watch the belly dancers extremely carefully to ensure they aren't smuggling illegal substances.

--------------------

- Lyda Rose

Hugal
Shipmate
# 2734

I thought I wouldn't make it so Gill started it all off for me. Ok lets go.

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

Will whichever contestant who has stolen the keg of Guniness from the Irish dressing room please put it back immediately.

The Irish promo should be with you tomorrow, I am just waiting for a certain gentleman to visit my dressing room with one of his most sort after sweatshirts. [Snigger]

--------------------

Hugal
Shipmate
# 2734

Ok Pendragon Italy is yours. Sir Kevin Start when your ready.
Lights, Cameras, Ship of Fools does Eurovision.

--------------------

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

Ahem...Sir Kevin, where are you? I am raring to go, and bursting out all over. (As no doubt, is Helmuth Alpenhorn, judging by his past Eurovision record).

OK, in the absence of Terr..Sir Kevin, I shall announce myself. This may take a few posts, so bear with me:

The conductor raises his baton, and, as the camera zooms over rolling hills and snowy mountain peaks, the orchestra breaks into a spine – tingling rendition of… The Hills are alive…with the sound of…. cats being strangled as
a grim faced Viennese Euro official removes the score. Sounds of discord follow before they grudgingly embark on a Strauss waltz.

[Voiceover]
Ladies and gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, Damen und Herren, on behalf of the Austrian tourist board, we are proud to welcome you to our country. Austria, land of culture. Let your heart thrill to the genius of Mozart, dance under the stars to a gay Strauss polka, marvel at the beauties of our magnificent scenery as you gaze around you at ‘Your Favourite Things…??’ OK, who has been interfering with the script?
(as the orchestra, delighted, launch into the old song). There is a brief skirmish between the conductor and GFVEO. He wins, and the instrumentalists are again forced to play something more suited to the tone of the event – this time the Rondo from Mozart’s Serenade in B Flat Major, K361 ‘for thirteen wind instruments.’ With the emphasis on the ‘wind.’)

The announcer continues:

So, tonight we invite you all to follow the yearnings of your heart, join us in that lifelong search to express the inexpressible, to nurture that delicate seed which dwells within each person … Come with us on our Euro mission to….Climb Evr’y….?? What the ??
…as the camera cuts to distant view of line of penguins climbing serenely up the mountain pass into a bank of cloud. He searches around for help, but on catching sight of GFVEO being stuffed head first into a tuba decides that discretion is the better part of valour.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, Damen und Herren – please give a big hand for the original Lonely goatherd - Helmuth Alpenhorn, his Cheeseymen, and, of course the beautiful Swiss Miss Belles! Tonight we are proud to sing for you: ‘My lonely heart is yearning.’

To be continued....

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn - I knew I'd forgotten something!

The promo [Eek!]

Nevermind - just get a few shots of the wonderful me in front of a few London landmarks and 2012 Olympic campaign flags.

That should do the trick [Snigger]

(Thinks - how little dress should I wear and where should they photograph a strategically exposed nipple?

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

Nanny, might I draw your attention to Euro Directive VIII, sub section B, re dress code at European Cultural Events. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Growing Greenpatches

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

Terry, where are you? [Confused] This is all very well, but how do contestants cope with the different time zones? It's getting near my bedtime too. If Helmuth has to wait to sing his song, it'll lose impact! [Paranoid]

--------------------
Growing Greenpatches

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Komiđ ţiđ sćl, Hello, from Iceland!

[ Various photos cycle in the background]

Iceland. The land of contrasts. The land of volcanoes. The land of hot springs. The land of an unintelligible language.

And the land of Dagfinnur and Sigmundsdóttir Pétursdóttir. Yes, they may not be spring roosters, but they connect with all ages.

Scoring a massive 62.34567% of the vote, this couple will delight Eurovision with their new-age song, "Magma [is what your love's like]", set to traditional Icelandic rythyms.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome Iceland!

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

The Turkish promo video has finally arrived!

"Hello, this is Haza Rakh greeting all my lovely European friends. Here I am at the customs office of Turkey's largest airport. I had hoped to show you a beautiful panorama of our country, but perhaps allowing our dancers to travel in costume was a mistake. The customs officers insist on giving them all very thorough body searches for some reason.

Hello also from my good friend Sheikh Yabouti. He is resting right now as he was taken ill last night. He ate 25 kebabs and was suddenly seized with a raging desire for a pint of dodgy lager.

I must go now as the immigration officer says he wants to punch my ticket. Farewell - and did I mention we love Greece?"

--------------------

- Lyda Rose

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

I gather that Terry is resting in the Emerald Green Room after having supped one too many Guinnesses with the Irish entry. Let's hope he's back on his feet soon.

--------------------

- Lyda Rose

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

Let's hope he recovers soon. Helmuth, too, is gathering himself after one too many pre-contest schnapps. He should, if all goes well be able to perform his entry sometime tomorrow night. It's worth waiting for!
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

The screen goes blank.

It fades into a series of images of beautiful scenery, classic architecture, weird outfits and funny houses.

As the audience are reeling from this visual assault on their senses (well, vision anyway), a single word appears in the centre of the screen:

ESTONIA

The screen goes blank.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Hugal
Shipmate
# 2734

There is an announcement from the BBC.
'We regret that Terry Wogan has not yet appeared this evening. Were you on the Ship Eurovision site on Monday the 17 April, did you see the Nations favourite DJ, let us know and please don't have nightmares'

The French promo.
Open on the streets of Paris. The tower, the water, the pleasure beach. voice for the gallery 'Which commedian switched the pictures of Paris for their home video of Blackpool'.
Blank screen.

Open on the streets of Paris, the tower the water, the pleasure beach. 'This is not funny get the right pictures now'
Blank screen.

Open on the streets of Paris the tower, the water the pleasure..... 'If those pictures of Paris are not on that screen in 10 seconds I will come over there and personally cut off your....' Loss of sound.
Blank screen.

Open on the streets of Paris. The tower, the water, the little street cafe where we find Thiery and Practice. They get up and are mobbed by hordes of screeming fans. They dash past the Musee d'orcy. They sprint past the Arc de Triumph.In desperation to get away from their fans they climb the tower. At the top they jump off and....land in the studio. They wave the lights go down.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Terry Wogan wanders in, on crutches, with a bandage on his left ear...

Just kidding - I worked alot the last few days but was off sick yesterday and didn't post (except on the Pope Benedict XVI thread in Purg)

Ready, steady, go!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Terry thanks Dolphy for the two pints of Guiness and points out her keg under the bar...waits for Miffy, Hugal ,Nanny, Cootis

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

dolphy

# 862

Roll tape...

*very quiet and croaky voice speaks*

Hello.. (cough, splutter) and welcome to my (sneeze, cough ) bedroom.

*from somewhere beneath a mound of used tissues, soft toys, a phone, a TV remote control, a king sized duvet, Vicks vapour rub, menthol sweets, a packet of penicillin and a dolphin-shaped hot water bottle, Togs waves to the fans*.

my apologies for being (cough, sneeze) late with the promo video (cough) but, as you can see I am not well. (sneeze)

*the video then zooms in on a signed photograph above her bed and then all goes quiet*.

[Snore] (cough) [Snore] (cough)

[there is a difference between quite and quiet [Hot and Hormonal] ]

[ 21. April 2005, 16:35: Message edited by: dolphy ]

--------------------

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

...continued from last post:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, Damen und Herren – please give a big hand for the original Lonely goatherd - Helmuth Alpenhorn, his Cheeseymen, and, of course the beautiful Swiss Miss Belles! Tonight we are proud to sing for you: ‘My lonely heart is yearning.’

The audience bursts into rather desultory applause, as do Helmuth’s leiderhosen buttons (all that hospital food obviously agreed with him). Attempts to bound onstage are greatly hampered by having to hold onto his straps with one hand and his alpenhorn with the other. The crowd brightens up, though, at the sight of his four cheeseymen, decked out in snappy white suits, dark glasses and clutching trumpet, trombone, sax and accordion. However, the biggest ovation of all is reserved for the Swiss Miss Belles, whose manic smiles are distinctly at odds with their demure, national dress. But enough of this. The night is young, and the air is full of an indefinable yearning, a common purpose, that invisible thread that binds all here tonight together as one…united in their quest for world peace, love and fluffy bunnies. As the clarinettist weaves a plaintive melody, a single spotlight falls on Helmuth as he gazes soulfully (and short-sightedly) into the distance and sings:

I could come on all symphonic with the Vienna Philharmonic
I could stroll beneath the starlight with a Strauss.
I could even get sublimer with the lied of Gustav Mahler,
Or go flirting at the ball ‘Die Fledermaus.’
(sound as of an elephant with stomachache as the others join in)

But I would rather go….

Boom bang a bang,
Ding, ding a dong
Tra la la la!

Boom bang a bang
Ding, ding a dong
Tra la la la!

Boom bang a bang
Ding ding a dong
Tra la la la!
Bang bang Bang
Oom pah pah pah!

As Helmuth lauches into a long alpenhorn solo – it’s obvious that he’s fighting a losing battle with his lederhosen. Luckily, one of the ever enterprising Swiss Miss Belles produces a needle from her apron pocket. Cotton? Looking round - she spots a loose thread hanging from a fellow Belle’s skirt. One quick yank, and she’s able to effect a nifty repair on the errant straps as Helmuth sings manfully on…

I could hammer down the Hahnenkamm with champion Frantz Klammer,
I could go rondoing with Mozart in the bar,
I could dance the Tritsch-Tratsch Polka with a Spanish Lipizanner,
Or sing 'Edelweiss' with Viennese Boys Choir.

But I would rather go…
(sound like two cats mating as the accordionist catches himself in his instrument. Not to worry, the Euro orchestra gives it all they’ve got as they gather themselves for the refrain… [Big Grin]

Boom bang a bang
Ding ding a dong
Tra la la la!

Boom bang a bang
Ding ding a dong
Tra la la la!

Boom bang a bang
Ding ding a dong
Tra la la la!
Bang bang bang
Ooom pah pah paaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

There’s a thunderous burst of applause at the sight of GFVEO as he’s shot out of the tuba and disappears up and out over the heads of the audience. Though on reflection it might be directed more at the scene onstage, where, one of the Belle’s skirts appears to be falling down. The Cheeseymen are puzzled but delighted. They don’t remember this happening at rehearsals. Undaunted, (if Bucks Fizz can do it, so can they), [Biased] they leap up - and within minutes a riot has broken out. The remaining Belles are made of sterner stuff than their sister, so retaliate in kind. The audience roar their approval. Sadly, the powers- that- be are not amused (See Euro Directive VIII, sub-section B 1976 re dress code at cultural events). Whilst Helmuth staggers away to the green room – a broken man, his colleagues (with strategically placed instruments to spare their blushes) [Hot and Hormonal] are escorted off the premises by Grim Faced Euro Officials.

Ladies and gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs, Damen und Herren. This concludes the Austrian entry.

--------------------
Growing Greenpatches

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

As Terry:
I give it a 59. It has a good beat and I can dance to it. The jury's still outon the choreography, however.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miffy [Killing me] [Killing me] [Overused] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Balaam, have you an act to present?

--------------------

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

If so, he'll have to wait his turn, because the Turkish entry is mounting the stage (and I use that word advisedly - I've seen the dance routine.)

Haza Rakh is a lady of obvious charms, who clearly has great things in front of her, as her costume makes clear. Sheikh Yabouti is dressed in MC Hammer-style purple baggy trousers, and a t-shirt with the words 'Turkish Delight' on the front and 'Go Fig' on the back. The dancing girls are suspiciously modestly clad in large red silken tents. Some seasoned Eurovision observers suspect these will not make it to the end of the song.

The music starts - an annoyingly catchy blend of Britney's 'Toxic' and the 'Fry's Turkish Delight Theme' (coughjavine-rip-offcough).

--------------------

- Lyda Rose

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

I'm your Turkish honey, baby
There's no fig leaves on me
Make your heart go pita patter
Make you feel so chili
What I need is a big kebab
Ooh so hot and spicy

So let's get mezze, baby
Get mezze with me
There's a hot spread waiting on the table
Take all you want for free

(The dancers suddenly shed their tents to reveal a few strategically-placed bits of chiffon. They launch into an energetic belly-dancing routine, which manages to stay just the right side of that pesky dress code. Sheikh Yabouti begins the obligatory rap interlude.)

All you European guys say YO!
Sheikh Yabouti, go man go!
To all the countries we say PEACE!
Specially our friends in Greece
Haza Rakh sets you all on fire
But a mouthful of Greece is her desire
She don't mean something covered in lard NO!
But a tasty Greek dish - that's stifado!

(Haza sings again)

Let's get mezze, let's get mezze
Let me feel how hot is your chili
WE LOVE YOU GREECE! HEY!

--------------------

- Lyda Rose

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
Sheikh Yabouti is dressed in MC Hammer-style purple baggy trousers, and a t-shirt with the words 'Turkish Delight' on the front and 'Go Fig' on the back...

Good to see a fellow afficianado of the late Frank Zappa and his music here!

As Terry:
It's got a good beat and I can dance to it. I give it a 67!

[Fascinating lyrics - go to LA and some local recording artist could probably make it into a salable rap!]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016