homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Get out of my queue, sister (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Get out of my queue, sister
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
wrt the online shopping issue: i have found it to be a godsend when trying to shop for a brownie (girl scout) pack holiday: cooking for twenty to thirty people for a weekend means a lot of food, so getting someone else to do the trolley/queuing part for you rocks. [Yipee]
not so sure for everyday use however.

Evidently correct use of the "10 items or less" (YES: i did scowl. a lot.) line has not reached cheam yet... i was enraged in tescos last week when a man with two full baskets of bread rolls (maybe twenty packets) and his wife, carrying another full basket, joined the line, pushing in front of me. AND they had the cheek to stand whining about someone else who was taking a while due to being a solo adult with small children and shopping to pack. [brick wall]

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Until recently I ordered my housebound mother's shopping on line at Tesco. There were occasional blips, wrong items delivered etc, or substitute items she didn't want, and of course it's not as good as being able to select your fruit and veg for ripeness exactly as you would want, but we found it a godsend, especially for routine, packaged, bulky or heavy stuff like detergent, soap, loo paper and the like.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sinistærial
Ship's Lefty
# 5834

- Posted      Profile for Sinistærial   Author's homepage   Email Sinistærial   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last Friday night - I went to Woolworths. Thinking that I would be buying several items, I took a trolley. I ended up selecting nine items.
When I went to the checkout I had the choice of two regular aisles with many full trolleys waiting to be served and three "express checkouts - handbaskets only" aisles. I considered transferring all of my purchases to a handbasket and leaving the trolley in the store - but to be nice I thought I would take the trolley back to the entry for them so I did not do this.

When I got to the checkout girl I was told - "I'm sorry, this is a handbasket counter only" I persisted with "But I only have nine items." She insisted, but by that time I had already unloaded and my girlfriend had taken the trolley back.

Am I in the same league as our habited friend?

--------------------
People laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at other people because they are all the same.
æ = æ

Posts: 894 | From: The Holy City - Adelaide | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
When I got to the checkout girl I was told - "I'm sorry, this is a handbasket counter only" I persisted with "But I only have nine items." She insisted, but by that time I had already unloaded and my girlfriend had taken the trolley back.

Am I in the same league as our habited friend? [/QB]

Generally No because you upheld the spirit of the law, but if it were the Hilton Woolworth's then I'm afraid you are going to burn in Hell.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sinestrial from Adelaide writes:
quote:

Last Friday night - I went to Woolworths. Thinking that I would be buying several items, I took a trolley. I ended up selecting nine items.
When I went to the checkout I had the choice of two regular aisles with many full trolleys waiting to be served and three "express checkouts - handbaskets only" aisles. I considered transferring all of my purchases to a handbasket and leaving the trolley in the store - but to be nice I thought I would take the trolley back to the entry for them so I did not do this.

Am I in the same league as our habited friend?

I think not. Your local Woolies does seem a tad beaurcratic. Write to the store manager and move your business to Coles or IGA.

[ 15. August 2005, 06:32: Message edited by: Left at the Altar ]

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016