homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2005 (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  26  27  28 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2005
christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And also to sharkshooter a [Hot and Hormonal] is surely deserved! Partly for plagiarism of Pants idea, and partly for... well... y'know.... plagiarism.

[Hint: try scrolling up, and looking at previous entries...]

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would hesitate to accuse Pants or Sharkshooter of being boring, on the grounds that they have obviously done their research and written it up in their own words. I think there's far too much poppy-cropping in society today where the industrious are berated rather than praised for their achievements. At least I think it was poppy-cropping their posts reminded me of, I know it started with "poppy.. "

However, I would like to point out another interesting fact about Madagascar. Not only is it home to the deadliest carnivore, the fossa (Half mongoose, half clouded leopard), but it's also the only African country which has no other vowel apart from "a".

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
christianjimmy and Papa Smurf,

How would you define "tell us all about it"?

quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
Simply pick a country and tell us all about it.

Whether one uses a list-type method like Pânts did, or narrative like I did, we both tried to follow the instructions.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sharkshooter:
christianjimmy and Papa Smurf,

How would you define "tell us all about it"?

That depends on your interpretation of the "all"

I understood it as
"tell all of us about it" and not "tell us everything about it" which seems to have been your attempt......

Telling everyone is easy, you just post on the thread, and the us, by definition, is the people who read the thread.

Telling us everything about the country chosen is slightly harder. Has yours, for example, every been used in a song title apart from the country's own National Anthem ?

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
I understood it as
"tell all of us about it" and not "tell us everything about it" which seems to have been your attempt......

To each his/her own. We try to do our best.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Republic of Botswana, formerley the British Protectorate of Bechuanaland - described very sympathetically by Alexander McCall Smith in The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jason™

Host emeritus
# 9037

- Posted      Profile for Jason™   Author's homepage   Email Jason™   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sharkshooter-

I believe you may have missed ChristianJimmy's point....

See here.

-Digory

Posts: 4123 | From: Land of Mary | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erm... actually... um... what I said in my first post was true, but didn't relate to my second post.

I got my country from my Atlas (ie a real book!) as I said in that post. But I then re-read QM's post about what we were supposed to be doing and saw that we were supposed to give info too, and found a website with the info and copied and pasted it (editing the first bit very slightly).

[Hot and Hormonal] Sorry to have given the wrong impression.

And also sorry if I gave too much info.

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
However, I would like to point out another interesting fact about Madagascar. Not only is it home to the deadliest carnivore, the fossa (Half mongoose, half clouded leopard), but it's also the only African country which has no other vowel apart from "a".

One word - Chad

Oh, and when Quizmaster said "tell us all about it", I agree with PS that the "all" can go just as well with the "us" as with the "about". So I told all of you about Benin.

[ 20. September 2005, 17:23: Message edited by: Custard. ]

--------------------
blog
Adam's likeness, Lord, efface;
Stamp thine image in its place.

Posts: 4523 | From: Snot's Place | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by professorkirke:
Sharkshooter-

I believe you may have missed ChristianJimmy's point....

See here.

-Digory

Touché

And I echo Papa Smurfs interpretation of the instructions. Pedantic maybe [Big Grin] but technically you gotta admit it has merit.

But to keep you happy here is a fact. It is the only country on the african continent apart from the Gambia which shares a border with only one country.

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hennah

Ship's Mother Hen
# 9541

- Posted      Profile for Hennah   Email Hennah   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eritrea

Borders the Red Sea, was part of Ethiopia, then wasn't, then was again, and now isn't. For now, but may not last long seeing as it pinched all of Ethiopias's coastline when it was annexed. And seeing as the Red Sea is a rather zippy shipping lane, that seems a little bit unfair. The whole situation is still unstable.

Its only media are state-owned, so even if there was any news, it may not be entirely reliable.

And finally... Its internet suffix is .er , which seems quite appropriate considering its ongoing state of uncertainty.

Interesting place.

Hen

--------------------
Never stand behind satan in a Post Office queue: the devil takes many forms.

Posts: 925 | From: The Henhouse, Beside The Seaside, Kent | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Malawi , for no other reason than that I've been there. It's a beautiful country, and the people are very friendly. Lake Malawi is the third biggest lake in Africa in terms of area, and the biggest in terms of volume. If I get my photos online before the next round starts, I'll post a link.

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Niger is well-known in the news at the moment because it is one of Africa's poorest countries. Slavery was only made illegal there last year!

Here is the map, flag and facts.

(Several people's links are coming up saying 'Forbidden' - is anyone else getting that message? Let's hope the Quizmaster can read your info.)

[ 20. September 2005, 19:57: Message edited by: Chorister ]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here is mine Sao Tome and Principe . Two small Islands west of Gabon. If you want the whole sha-bang-bang ala Pants and Sharkshooter click on the link.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Custard.:
quote:

One word - Chad

I sit corrected. I had intended to include the word "polysyllabic" in my sentence and then, forgetting Chad, I didn't bother. I am ashamed of myself for forgetting Chad

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

One word - Chad

I sit corrected. I had intended to include the word "polysyllabic" in my sentence and then, forgetting Chad, I didn't bother. I am ashamed of myself for forgetting Chad
There's Ghana as well Smudgie [Biased]

(Teachers always like to point out mistakes other teachers make...)

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Now that's just pedantic.

*Mental note to self: cross Tom Day off Christmas list

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooooh! I love a bit of Smudgie baiting! [Devil]

The Quizmastorial entry for this round is .....

NIGERIA

All about Nigeria you will find Benin, Niger, Chad and Cameroon. [Big Grin]

For those who are struggling check out this here MAP.

AND

We have enough entries quickly enough to be able to go for the next round in 24 hours time. Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow - You have to hope somebody forgets to post.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quizmaster,

I have emailed you a picture of fifty quid.
Hope that suffices.
can email more if you wish (or greenbacks)

Regards,

Yellow Snow

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope the next round takes awhile. It maybe awhile before I can post again. Taking a forced vacation away from the coast.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll pick Tunisia
quote:
An ideal climate, a long and gentle seacoast, Tunisia, the northernmost country of Africa has for over 3000 years witnessed the passage of Phoenicians, Romans, Vandals, Byzantines, Turks, Spanish and French. They came as fugitive s or adventurers, to conquer or to claim, warriors and missionaries, traders and farmers each leaving a part of their story in stone or mosaics, on hills of Carthage and the threshold of the Sahara.

Another link here

Also, part of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was shot here. Not sure whether that's something to be proud of or not. [Biased]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Simply pick a country and tell us all about it.

Re the "all" dilemma:

If Quizmaster had meant tell us everything about it then the size of our posts would be prohibitively large as there is actually quite a lot to say about a country, most of which would be incredibly boring lists. I don't suppose the Ship's server would cope.

If he had meant tell everyone about it then does he mean tell everyone in the world, everyone on the Ship or just those who are taking part in this fantastic quiz? Who is included in the group he refers to as us?

I am going for a third option (does that make it a trilemma?). Quizmaster deliberately used an unclear phrase. It is a test of our moral fibre to see how we deal with the uncertainty which Life throws at us.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If the "us" refers to only Quizmaster himself (either like the royal "we", or he has smeagol tendencies) then the all must go with the about, and my interpretation is worng

--------------------

Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But "us all" excludes the possiblity of telling QM by PM.

Personally, if I were to tell anyone "all about" Benin, it would need to include the position and momentum wavefunctions for every particle in Benin and their interactions with every other particle in the universe. Clearly that's going to be an impossibly large amount of data, so in order for QM's request to be achievable, the "all" must go with "us" rather than with "about".

--------------------
blog

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Personally, if I were to tell anyone "all about" Benin, it would need to include the position and momentum wavefunctions for every particle in Benin and their interactions with every other particle in the universe.

Past, present and future.

[ 21. September 2005, 10:56: Message edited by: The Rogue ]

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Well I got the joke, anyway [Killing me]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:

Tories, right?

Or am I having problems again?

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:

So did I, but I decided not to go for sycophantic points by pointing it out to everyone. [Razz]

QM - for rounds like this where there are a finite number of possible entries, what are the rules regarding also rans posting thier choices before all the main contestants have posted?

I don't know if it is anything to worry about for this round, but it would be good to know for the future, for anyone who wants to still run along after being knocked out...

--------------------

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I decided not to go for sycophantic points by pointing it out to everyone. [Razz]

I've already been knocked out. Oh, what a shame. [Biased]

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(due to family circumstances I have to resign from the game).

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
QM - for rounds like this where there are a finite number of possible entries, what are the rules regarding also rans posting thier choices before all the main contestants have posted?

I don't know if it is anything to worry about for this round, but it would be good to know for the future, for anyone who wants to still run along after being knocked out...

Ah! The divine pleasure of the Also-Rans.

The rules are stricter on the contestants than on the Also Rans. If an Also-Ran posts, then that choice is denied to the contestants. If a contestant posts then Also Rans can do what they want, they just lose SMART ALEC points for duplication (Sharkshooter!? [Razz] ).

We could get a contestant eliminated if all the Also-Rans post. Now that would be worth watching. [Yipee]

In certain limited circumstances I shall announce that Also-Ran nominations do not count. In those cases contestants may post a choice made by an Also-Ran but not a choice made by another contestant.

Anyone compiling a rule book - This should be about Page 5, Paragraph 7, Section A, Subsection IX.

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, it's probably just me being dim (I'm not with it at the mo), but wtf is an 'also ran'?

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

The game is open to everyone.

Only a Qualifier or Contestant can win it.

Anyone else who posts shall be deemed an "Also-Ran".

(clarification iii, addendum MMV.IX.XXII)

--------------------

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

Should they be called "also running" while the competition is going?

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Thank you [Smile]

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Knocked out for failing to name a Country:
Annie P
Dolphy

Qualifiers for ROUND 5:
Ann
Auntie Doris
Carex
Chorister
Christianjimmy
Custard
Doublethink
Gort
Hazey Jane
Hennah
Jedijudy
Jonah the Whale
Marvin the Martian
Moth
MrSponge2U
Nutmeg
Pants
Papa Smurf
Paul W
Professorkirke
Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow
Quizmaster
R.D.Olivaw
Rugasaw
Smudgie
The Rogue

Now - thinks - Is it time for a special round?

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

ROUND FIVE : BRITISH FOOTBALL (SOCCER)

For this round you have to pick five teams and you then hope that these teams score more goals than the teams selected by other contestants.

You must pick one team from the Barclays Premiership, one team from the Coca Cola Championship, one team from Coca Cola League One, one team from Coca Cola League Two and one team from the Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier League.

You can pick the same teams as others but your combination must be unique.

The person (or persons) to be eliminated will be those whose teams score the fewest goals between them this coming weekend. Monday night counts as part of the weekend.

Entries must be posted by Midnight on Friday.

[edited to change title of round to make everyone happy [Biased] ]

[ 22. September 2005, 06:26: Message edited by: Tom Day ]

--------------------

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

Premiership - Chelsea
Championship - Leeds United
League One - Swansea
League Two - Wycombe
Scottish Premier - Kilmarnock

Does Friday count as part of the weekend?

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

You must pick one team from the Barclays Premiership : Chelsea (Because I like the name!)

one team from the Coca Cola Championship Saints - Southampton (Well, I couldn't not, could I?)

one team from Coca Cola League One, Swansea (in honour of my sister)

one team from Coca Cola League Two Cheltenham Town (In honour of Dolphy)

and one team from the Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier League. Celtic (in honour of my big brother)

This website might come in useful for teams in leagues and for current statistics, if you're going to be boring and choose on the basis of likelihood of winning. Rather useful site for this challenge

Where's the Isle of Wight team? That's what I want to know. Come on you yellows!

[ 21. September 2005, 21:31: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

Barclays Premiership: Liverpool (how's that for brinksmanship??)
Championship: Wolves (technically Wolverhampton Wanderers for the benefit of any trans-pond-ers)
League One: Blackpool
League Two: Macclesfield Town
SPL: Hearts (Heart of Midlothian)

League tables are also visible via the links on the left of this page.

--------------------
blog

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Premiership Team : Arsenal
Championship Team : Sheffield Utd
League 1 Team : Swansea
League 2 Team : Grimsby
Scottish Premier Team: Kilmarnock (my home team)

Incidentally, why have you called this the English football round, when you are involving 1 Scottish League, and other leagues which include Welsh Teams ?
[Paranoid]

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am soooo going to be out in this round!!!

Barclays Premiership - Arsenal
Coca Cola Championship - Luton Town
Coca Cola League 1 - Milton Keynes Dons
Coca Cola League 2 - Torquay United
Bank of Scotland Premier League - Rangers

Bring on relegation!!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BP: Aston Villa
CCC: Plymouth Argyle
CCL1: Yeovil
CCL2: Torquay United
SPL: Dundee United

And may the goalies of the opposing teams wake up with butter on their fingers.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bah, football. Don't know a thing about it. A goal is when they kick the ball into the net isn't it?

BP: Liverpool
CCC: Sheffield Utd
CCL1: Swansea City
CCL2: Rochdale
SPL: Celtic

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Barclays Premiership - Chelsea
Coca Cola Championship - Watford
Coca Cola League 1 - Swansea
Coca Cola League 2 - Chester
Bank of Scotland Premier League - Hearts

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Barclays Premiership-Newcastle United

Coca Cola Championship-Coventry City

Coca Cola League One-Nottingham Forest

Coca Cola League Two-Lincoln City

Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier League-Inverness CT

Y'all know, of course, that these are pure guesses based on me liking the sounds of the names of the teams. I don't even know anything about American football. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O great and wise Quizmaster, remember when once-upon-a-time we were allowed to team up for the knockout quiz? I was wondering...could I have my Sister Dolphy as my partner-in-quizziness, since with her family concerns she can't put the time into a proper quiz commitment?

[Overused] Anxiously awaiting your reply. [Angel]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Premiership: Manchester United
Championship: Reading
League One: Huddersfield
League Two: Carlisle
Scottish Premier: Rangers

[What? You play football over there?] [Confused]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Premiership: Manchester United
Championship: Reading
League One: Huddersfield
League Two: Carlisle
Scottish Premier: Dundee United

Please give a bonus point to Gort and Chorister who I have shamelessly ripped off knowing nothing about football. However, happy to chew your ear off about aussie rules if desired.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Jason™

Host emeritus
# 9037

- Posted      Profile for Jason™   Author's homepage   Email Jason™   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Premiership: Man U (boo... go Liverpool)
Championship: Watford
League One: Brentford
League Two: Grimsby
Scottish Premier: Celtic

Going for the win means laying aside your emotion. [Biased]

Posts: 4123 | From: Land of Mary | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  26  27  28 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016