homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2005 (Page 18)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  26  27  28 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2005
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bear in mind that I crossposted with Auntie Doris [Biased] ...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My prediction of the sum is:

No reason, it just has a certain...loveliness...to it! [Biased]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jason™

Host emeritus
# 9037

- Posted      Profile for Jason™   Author's homepage   Email Jason™   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I'll go with 9037 for what I think are obvious reasons.

-Digory

[ 07. October 2005, 02:30: Message edited by: professorkirke ]

Posts: 4123 | From: Land of Mary | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll choose 8801

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If also rans are also counted, than I'm going for 11000

Tom

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

ETA - does the number we send in private to QM have to be unique too? [Big Grin]

[ 07. October 2005, 06:08: Message edited by: Custard. ]

--------------------
blog
Adam's likeness, Lord, efface;
Stamp thine image in its place.

Posts: 4523 | From: Snot's Place | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll go for 8501 in honour of the Quizmaster

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
9999, assuming that a few also-rans will be posting. Plus, it's a fun number. [Yipee]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
The most unlucky person in the competition:
Pants

QUALIFIERS:
All the Others

[Waterworks] Socks spent ages finding out all that (I had to go to a meeting).

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Getting someone else to do your homework for you. Tut, tut, whatever next! [Disappointed]

--------------------

Hennah

Ship's Mother Hen
# 9541

- Posted      Profile for Hennah   Email Hennah   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll go for 10705, appropriate but for one day only I suppose...and only if you do it that way round. Still, it's a nice number.

Choice PMd.

Hen x

--------------------
Never stand behind satan in a Post Office queue: the devil takes many forms.

Posts: 925 | From: The Henhouse, Beside The Seaside, Kent | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have PM'd my chosen number, and my prediction for the total is 9876.5

someone (braver than me) is bound to PM a number that isn't an integer, seeing as QM didn't expressly say we had to send him whole numbers.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the interests of being lazy (woo-hoo) and not needing to think about averages or anything, i shall ride into the next round of this competition on the coat tails of someone else.

So, with grateful thanks to Hazey Jane for thinking about her choice, I shall go for 9070.

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to admit that I am pretty relieved that someone has posted a number higher than mine. I tried not to care, but I failed miserably!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
R.D. Olivaw
Shipmate
# 9990

- Posted      Profile for R.D. Olivaw   Email R.D. Olivaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness -Thich Nhat Hanh

Posts: 496 | From: I'm a leaf on the wind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll go with 8750.

After all it is the addition of Quizmaster's ship number and mine.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Darn real life.

It keeps getting in the way of the quiz.

Check out the Mad Tour site for the analysis. [Biased]

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Knocked out for Plagiarism:
Rugasaw

Qualifiers:
Ann
Auntie Doris
Carex
Chorister
Christianjimmy
Custard
Hazey Jane
Hennah
Jedijudy
Marvin the Martian
Moth
MrSponge2U
Nutmeg
Papa Smurf
Professorkirke
Smudgie

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

ROUND TWELVE: BATTLESHIPS

Another idea from the contestants.

I have drawn up an 8x8 grid. Letters along the top are A B C D E F G H. Numbers down the side are 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8. You have to send me a PM with your chosen location. Your boat is then positioned in that single square. Somewhere between A1 (top left) and H8 (bottom right).

Once I have received all the entries I will then let you take potshots at your opponents. This will result in either no deaths, one death, or several deaths but I like the idea.

If you manage to kill each other off then I shall declare myself the winner of the quiz.

So no need to post yet.

NOW: Send me a PM with your chosen location.

LATER: (when I have all the positions) You can fire your shots at the enemy boats.

How does that sound?

--------------------

Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quizmaster dearest, what happens if by chance we post on squares that have been taken? Is it first in wins?

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At least this will encourage participants to keep some spare room in their inbox so they can send PMs.
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Drat!!!! Real life kept me from posting tell the last minute and I over looked Marvin's answer. [brick wall]

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jason™

Host emeritus
# 9037

- Posted      Profile for Jason™   Author's homepage   Email Jason™   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. The whole game could end in this one round. How scary.
Posts: 4123 | From: Land of Mary | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can also rans play? I mean, if we take s shot and kill someone will it count?

Tom

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My position has been sent to QM.

Thank goodness we aren't playing chess. [Paranoid]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
ROUND TWELVE: BATTLESHIPS
Once I have received all the entries I will then let you take potshots at your opponents...

...LATER: (when I have all the positions) You can fire your shots at the enemy boats.

How does that sound?

It doesn't sound that we are required to definitely take potshots. We could all make a pact to opt out of that bit in everyone's interests... well, except maybe Quizmaster's
Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

The positions are coming in thick and fast and already there are two boats in one square. If you get lucky you could knock out two of your opponents with a single shot. Why not try your own square and get rid of an opponent? [Ultra confused]

SPECIAL RULE:

I will allow Also-Rans to take a pot-shot at the competitors. The pot-shot will only count if the square that the Also-Ran selected has not been blown to bits.

WHEN THE TIME COMES:

Each Competitor and Also-Ran will name a single square. It must (as usual) be different from all the other named squares. If the square chosen is where one of the competitors lies they are knocked out of the competition.

My perception is that we may lose two or three players, but you might just all be safe. Time, as with all things, will determine the outcome.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You used my idea? [Eek!] [Cool]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
You used my idea? [Eek!] [Cool]

Well, my idea has already been used, so I guess QM is going to carry on using the less impressive ideas next... [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

Ooooh, I'm not sure if I condone violence. [Ultra confused]
Is it only pretend shooting, and can we tig them and they'll be alright again? [Axe murder]

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You don't think I'm aboard my ship do you? On a night like this? I found some gullible looking types at the dock gates and crewed the ship from them. And they're not getting paid. Unless they get back. If they do. If they can find me. It might put a crimp in this year's balance sheet if the ship doesn't come back, but then again it's carrying insurance and I didn't know that they'd be sailing into a war zone.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm just hoping the boat isn't a cruise ship on its way to the Baltic. After all, we need our Quizmaster around to set the rest of the rounds, don't we? Don't we?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

And I had better set a time limit of Sunday night for all competitors to PM me their location.

Anyone not PMing me in time will be eliminated before the shooting starts.

That would stop any violence. [Biased]

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

MORE POINTS SCORING:

P O S H

13 0 1 1 Papa Smurf For keeping a spreadsheet and imparting advice
13 1 1 0 Jedijudy Blatantly pleading for help from a friend
13 1 1 1 Marvin the Martian For precision
13 -1 1 1 Papa Smurf For more precision
13 1 1 0 Moth For having fun (the primary goal)
13 1 0 0 Hennah Was that an emotional outburst?
13 1 1 1 Sharkshooter For doing the necessary research
13 1 0 -1 Marvin the Martian Taking the fight with P.S. to decimals
13 1 1 1 Professorkirke Welcome to the club Professor
13 1 0 0 Hazey Jane We all love you Hazey, if you look like your avatar
13 1 0 0 Sharkshooter For the analogy that missed several of us
13 -1 0 0 Papa Smurf Publicly talking mathematics with Marvin
13 1 2 2 Carex What a brilliantly insightful analysis
13 0 -2 -2 Papa Smurf For never having played this game before
13 0 1 1 Custard I agree with that analysis of the RDO thought process
13 0 0 1 Smudgie For a delightful set of photographs
13 1 0 0 Auntie Doris That explains the platypus, now what about Smudgie?
13 1 1 1 Smudgie For finding an appropriate SCHOOL webpage
13 0 0 0 Carex Like my estimate of your score for that post
13 1 0 -1 Auntie Doris Or hiding IN the (Australian) bush
13 0 1 1 Rugasaw An excellent weblink
13 1 0 0 Custard No I did not
13 0 1 0 Pure as Snow For identifying Canadian stromatolites
13 1 -1 -1 Custard Equating a Google search with actual numbers
13 1 -1 0 Christianjimmy For picking out an insect
13 0 1 0 Marvin the Martian But at least we all now know what a stromatolite is

14 1 -1 -1 Pants Thanks for that description
14 0 1 1 Carex Another excellent link
14 0 1 0 Hennah For your choice, I love bats
14 0 -1 0 Quizmaster For forgetting a name
14 0 1 1 Custard For coming to the rescue
14 1 1 1 Pure as Snow Departing the quiz in style
14 0 1 1 Marvin the Martian Mentioning that safety valve, the internet café
14 1 1 0 Jedijudy For loving the little Quoll
14 1 -1 1 Marvin the Martian For missing out Shane Warne
14 1 1 0 Pants I think we get the message
14 1 1 0 Smudgie For that Cane Toad link
14 1 1 0 Smudgie For that picture of the Bush Baby
14 1 1 1 Smudgie For the satellite tracking link
14 1 -1 -2 Tom Day For overdoing the number of entries
14 1 1 1 Hazey Jane Pedantry is a GOOD thing
14 0 -1 0 Quizmaster For failing his spelling test
14 1 1 1 Smudgie For that remark directed at Tom
14 0 1 1 Custard For a good link
14 1 1 1 Christianjimmy For his generous offer of Kudos
14 3 3 3 Quizmaster Kudos taken from Christianjimmy
14 0 1 0 R.D.Olivaw Welcome to the Also-Ran world RDO
14 1 1 -1 Rugasaw For choosing a geosynchronous orbit
14 1 1 1 Custard For that helpful analysis
14 -1 -1 -1 Custard Overdoing the analysis
14 -1 -1 -1 Tom Day Overdoing the naming of satellites
14 1 1 1 Tom Day For the riposte to Smudgie's comment
14 -1 -1 -1 Tom Day Unlucky timing
14 1 1 0 Pants For bringing up a baby AND doing the quiz
14 0 -1 0 Pants For failing to find an orbiting time

15 0 0 1 Custard A timely reminder to use the links provided
15 0 1 0 Pants Appropriate thanks
15 0 0 1 Custard For being wonderful
15 2 -1 2 Christianjimmy For admitting a mistake that nobody noticed
15 0 0 0 Tom Day I watched it. I loved it.
15 0 1 1 Papa Smurf I should make you the referee. How about it?
15 1 1 0 Tom Day For discovering the meaning of life
15 0 1 1 Papa Smurf For that explanation of Pants' period
15 1 -1 -1 Gort For that rather quirkly aside
15 1 0 1 Gort Now that was worth it
15 1 0 0 Jedijudy For her amazing imagination
15 1 1 -2 Tom Day For that well aimed attack on Marvin
15 0 1 1 Marvin the Martian I think we all had the same thoughts Marvin
15 0 1 0 Ann Get in first and you can't be a plagiarist
15 0 1 1 Rugasaw For assisting Papa Smurf
15 0 1 0 Quizmaster For prompting what comes next
15 0 0 1 Quizmaster For planning to write a rulebook
15 0 1 0 Gort Continuing the analysis
15 0 1 0 Tom Day Which is the primary reason for the quiz
15 1 1 1 Custard For a complete explanation
15 0 1 0 Papa Smurf You are quite right. I do have that power
15 1 -1 -1 Papa Smurf You expressed that confusion very well indeed
15 0 0 0 Tom Day I DO want the Also-Rans to be active
15 1 1 1 R.D.Olivaw For sexing herself and connecting with Chandra
15 1 1 1 Smudgie I could not have expressed it better
15 1 1 0 Rugasaw That is all that you CAN do
15 0 -1 0 Gort The rules on this matter are still a bit flexible
15 0 1 1 Professorkirke For adequately outlining the current position
15 0 1 1 Jedijudy For clarification of the matter
15 1 1 1 Quizmaster For some sort of clarification
15 1 1 -1 Chorister Stop picking on a poor defenceless old gentleman
15 1 -1 -1 Quizmaster For entering into a duel
15 1 1 0 Tom Day For getting Quizmaster eliminated
15 -1 1 0 Marvin the Martian For supporting Tom Day
15 1 1 1 Chorister For posting that helpful link
15 0 1 1 Hazey Jane For posting the next helpful link
15 0 0 0 Custard For posting the third useful link

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

ORIGINAL EINSTEIN TABLE

19 = Smudgie
17 = Chorister
13 = Jedijudy
12 = Pants
12 = The Rogue
11 = Christianjimmy
11 = Professorkirke
11 = Quizmaster
10 = Papa Smurf

HELPFUL LIBRARIAN TABLE

15 = Smudgie
13 = Carex
13 = Papa Smurf
12 = Custard
11 = Marvin the Martian
6 = Christianjimmy
5 = Hazey Jane
5 = Sharkshooter
4 = Nutmeg

SMART ALEC TABLE

16 = Marvin the Martian
11 = Carex
11 = Rugasaw
10 = Custard
10 = Smudgie
10 = The Rogue
8 = Jedijudy
7 = Hazey Jane
7 = Tom Day
6 = Papa Smurf
5 = Doublethink

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I may well regret doing this, but if you're wanting a bit of target practice before Sunday evening, you could do worse than to try here , although I reckon they cheat! This one seems a lot more serious business to me.

[ 09. October 2005, 08:06: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Hennah

Ship's Mother Hen
# 9541

- Posted      Profile for Hennah   Email Hennah   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm - having had a go at both, if you watch the second version's tactics, it always bombs in a very set pattern. Therefore, you can position you ships accordingly, and never lose! Of course, that would spoil the fun, so I'll let you work out the pattern for yourselves...

Hen x

Posts: 925 | From: The Henhouse, Beside The Seaside, Kent | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
This one seems a lot more serious business to me.

But far more fun!! I won I won!! [Yipee]

(corrected code)

[ 09. October 2005, 15:20: Message edited by: Chorister ]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not so useful for this version of the game, but this link gives some strategy tips for those who become enthused.
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

Meanwhile, here is the good old-fashioned pencil and paper game, such as was played by kids when they didn't have flashy electronic versions or loads of pocket money.

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

I have put my ship on the grid, but I have made myself a promise that I will only target the other Also-Rans if I deem it necessary to save a competitor.

There are four Also-Rans lined up waiting to take pot-shots but there are also 2 competitors who have not sent a PM yet. There is a possibility that we will not have to take aim and fire.

Roll on 22:00 or 22:30 or 23:00 or 23:30.

I shall declare either war or a ceasefire tonight.

--------------------

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

quote:
MORE POINTS SCORING:

13 1 0 0 Hazey Jane We all love you Hazey, if you look like your avatar

I don't know if I should be flattered, worried or complaining of harrassment - you mean to say points are based on physical appearence?!
Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Right, back from a satisfactorily boozey weekend away with old uni mates (when you've known them half your life, you can do and say anything!), I have pmed the Quizmaster with my square.

I am uniquely useless at the paper version of battleships, so am confidently expecting to be smashed to smithereens by the first shot! I shall go down saluting on the bridge of my ship! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3446 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have also PM'd my choice to QM

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Originally posted by Moth:
Right, back from a satisfactorily boozey weekend away with old uni mates (when you've known them half your life, you can do and say anything!), I have pmed the Quizmaster with my square.

I am uniquely useless at the paper version of battleships, so am confidently expecting to be smashed to smithereens by the first shot! I shall go down saluting on the bridge of my ship! [Big Grin]

I guess it'll depend whether we load our cannons with cannonballs or mothballs [Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

R.D. Olivaw
Shipmate
# 9990

- Posted      Profile for R.D. Olivaw   Email R.D. Olivaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
15 1 1 1 R.D.Olivaw For sexing herself and connecting with Chandra
Wow, sounds positively tantric! What kinda girl do you think I am? [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness -Thich Nhat Hanh

Posts: 496 | From: I'm a leaf on the wind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

quote:
Roll on 22:00 or 22:30 or 23:00 or 23:30.

I shall declare either war or a ceasefire tonight.

*drums fingers*
Some of us have to be up early in the mornng, you know...

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Please prepare for an announcement.

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

WAR IS DECLARED

It has come to my attention that the enemy has been marshalling its fleet and is now in position to attack.

With this in mind those of you that have signalled your intention to be part of the fleet may now have a single shot each. You will all be aware, of course, when you have been hit. If you are hit that is the end of your time with us here.

Good luck, and may your God go with you.

QM [Devil]

--------------------

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

Peeks between fingers...Ok, here goes:

H6

Hazey (Standing ready with her flippers and wetsuit, to escape if need be)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  26  27  28 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016