homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2005 (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  26  27  28 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2005
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have just been corrected. The Sun Vista will hold 1750 minus whatever crew if any one would need. The only drawback would be the need for scuba gear. Unless the passengers were mermaids or mermen of course.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The S. S. Minnow

Available for three-hour tours of the lovely South Pacific. Capacity restricted to seven passengers: including a Skipper, a professor, a millionaire and his wife, and partiality will be shown to travellers named "Gilligan". Unfortuately, this cruise liner has a tendency to become stranded upon enchanted desert isles.

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:

Marvin
Who is still confident that someone will forget to post...

Not a bad guess for an early round.

quote:
Those knocked out for failing to name a volcano:
C#
Gladly The Cross-eyed Bear
Grits
Left at the Altar
Sharkshooter
Tom Day
Urbanita

I knew travelling would get me - I only hoped it would be later rather than sooner.

Oh well, as to cruise liners, RMS Titanic. 2,435 passengers.

Moth, does that help?

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just popping in to remind Quizmaster that, as of today, I am his boss [Biased] so he's got to be nice to me and award me lots of extra points. In return, I promise not to lock this thread until I have won [Big Grin] .

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chorister.

Congratulations on graduating to pure insanity.

As I understand it a host/hostess HAS TO READ EVERY POST made in their own particular section.

You should be sectioned.

P.S. No problem, you have got this won ... EASY! [Biased]

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Just popping in to remind Quizmaster that, as of today, I am his boss [Biased] so he's got to be nice to me and award me lots of extra points. In return, I promise not to lock this thread until I have won [Big Grin] .

Ahem. As Circus Hosts we are meant to be impartial and not ask for favours, handouts or anything that could compromise our position. As it happens, the fact that I am married to a contestant in this quiz will not mean that I will edit other posts in order to show her in the best light, not a chance, never...

Tom

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Day:
Ahem. As Circus Hosts we are meant to be impartial and not ask for favours, handouts or anything that could compromise our position. As it happens, the fact that I am married to a contestant in this quiz will not mean that I will edit other posts in order to show her in the best light, not a chance, never...

Tom

Cheating is O.K. It's getting caught that results in punishment. [Razz]

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

And for my Cruise Liner ....

Pride of America pictured here setting off from New York.

Passenger Complement = 2,156

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Just to upset all the hosts by posting three in a row ......

We have enough entries now to move onto the next round tomorrow night.

That's tomorrow afternoon for you Yanks and the following morning for you Aussies. [Smile]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
...As I understand it a host/hostess HAS TO READ EVERY POST made in their own particular section.

and the links, too, if I recall.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Better get this in quick, before the next round starts.

Mariner of the Seas

Holds 3114 passengers.

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sharkshooter:

Moth, does that help?

It's most kind of you, Sharkshooter. But does it count if you're an "also ran"?

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3446 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

quote:
Originally posted by Moth:
quote:
Originally posted by sharkshooter:

Moth, does that help?

It's most kind of you, Sharkshooter. But does it count if you're an "also ran"?
Depends on how much we bribe QM.

--------------------

Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

- Posted      Profile for Annie P   Email Annie P   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In serious need of bribing the QM... Hoping this entry is not too late.

My cruise liner is the Marine Iguana which can take a maximum of 100 passengers, and sails around the Galapagos Island.

Sounds like my kind of cruise.

Tom Day said
quote:
As it happens, the fact that I am married to a contestant in this quiz will not mean that I will edit other posts in order to show her in the best light, not a chance, never...

Awww, I bet he's thought about it though. Mind you, he's more likely to be on the look out for opportunity to correct my posts, because I've made a mess of them. [Roll Eyes]

[You mean like this dear [Biased] ]

[ 19. September 2005, 21:33: Message edited by: Tom Day ]

--------------------
Older now, but not necessarily wiser.

Posts: 3248 | From: stockton-on-tees | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Knocked out for failing to name a Liner:
Barnabas62
Da_Musicman
Footdoc
Papio
S'More
Tabby.Cat

Qualifiers for ROUND 4:
Ann
Annie P
Auntie Doris
Carex
Chorister
Christianjimmy
Custard
Dolphy
Doublethink
Gort
Hazey Jane
Hennah
Jedijudy
Jonah the Whale
Marvin the Martian
Moth
MrSponge2U
Nutmeg
Pants
Papa Smurf
Paul W
Professorkirke
Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow
Quizmaster
R.D.Olivaw
Rugasaw
Smudgie
The Rogue

Next round imminent. Sound your horns! [Yipee]

--------------------

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beep Beep!
Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

ROUND FOUR : AFRICAN COUNTRIES

Simply select a Country from the Continent of AFRICA.

If everyone posts a Country then the one to lose out and be eliminated will be the person who chose the largest country in terms of area.

Simply pick a country and tell us all about it.

--------------------

Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Gambia.

It is very small, and I once had a boy from there write to me because he saw my name in a newspaper.

They grow groundnuts there, and the capital is Banjul.

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3446 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ghana

The only country apart from the UK to have its capital (Accra) on the Meridian line. I know cos I was part of a Millenium project at school where I was given a penpal from Ghana. Who I wrote to until he hinted that he wanted to come to live with my family so he could study in Europe. The school then intervened!

Languages spoken include English, Twi, Ewe and Dagbani. Population size of 21,029,853. The lyrics to the National anthem can be found here. It is a member of the Commonwealth.

Some famous Ghanaians can be found here. Kofi Annan is among them.

[ 19. September 2005, 22:14: Message edited by: Hazey Jane ]

Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Togo

A small country tucked between Ghana and Benin, but because it is long and skinny it goes through 6 distinct climatic regions.

56 785 square km

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kenya. Not on the Greenwich meridian, but it is on the equator. I was born there. In fact my parents couldn't tell me if I was born in the northern or southern hemisphere. Known for its stunning wildlife and its steeplechasers, but in those days it was better known for its Mau Mau uprising. Main exports: coffee, tea, and athletes.

Jonah.

PS. Can I spoil my entry by snitching on Annie P. Her "ship" is called MV Galápagos Explorer II and not the Marine Iguana. The clue is in the initials MV, which stand for motor vessel, though I have to say that Marine Iguana (which is the name of the tour itinerary) would be a much more colourful name. I realise I'll probably lose points for this, but I'm an uncontrolable pedant sometimes and it gets the better of me. I actually wanted to help her change her entry but was too late. Honest.

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Benin , which is next to Togo, as it happens. Population a bit smaller than London, area about 1.5 times the size of Scotland.

It was also the site of a powerful 15th century kingdom. I've certainly seen allegations the king briefly enriched himself and sowed the seeds for the destruction of his kingdom by selling a large proportion of the population to slave traders. Not sure how true they were, but seems sad if so.

Was a French colony from 1872 to 1960.

Oh yes, and if you check out the sites people are linking to, you can find useful information about the countries you're talking about.

[ 19. September 2005, 22:48: Message edited by: Custard. ]

--------------------
blog
Adam's likeness, Lord, efface;
Stamp thine image in its place.

Posts: 4523 | From: Snot's Place | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
R.D. Olivaw
Shipmate
# 9990

- Posted      Profile for R.D. Olivaw   Email R.D. Olivaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mali

--------------------
We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness -Thich Nhat Hanh

Posts: 496 | From: I'm a leaf on the wind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Comoros

"The archipelago of Comoros is situated in the tropical waters of the Indian Ocean between the eastern coast of Africa and Madagascar. It includes three volcanic islands and numerous coral reefs and uninhabited islets. Mayote, the most southern island, remains a French dependency, although claimed by Comoros."

Population - 646,000
Land area - 2,230 sq km (861 sq miles)

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm... actually wondering now whether Comoros is actually classed as part of Africa. Guess we shall have to wait for the final judges decision.... *kiss* *kiss* Quizmaster.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amazingly little information about this country in the Horn of Africa on its official website.

So here is an unoffical one.

I am very impressed that the CIA has a big book of facts - apparently Djibouti has an area 'slightly smaller than Massachusetts', a population of less than half a million and a 'torrid' climate. It also contains the lowest point in Africa - Lac Assal at -155 m sea level.

[Cool]

To summarise; very small, very hot, very strategic.

(I checked out the CIA vision of the UK. Apparently we are 'slightly smaller than Oregon', 'more than one-half of the days are overcast' and our major political pressure groups are 'Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament; Confederation of British Industry; National Farmers' Union; Trades Union Congress'. Also very pleased to hear that we are a 'producer of limited amounts of synthetic drugs and synthetic precursor chemicals; major consumer of Southwest Asian heroin, Latin American cocaine, and synthetic drugs; money-laundering center' - ah, to see ourselves as others see us ...)

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
R.D. Olivaw
Shipmate
# 9990

- Posted      Profile for R.D. Olivaw   Email R.D. Olivaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oops...Mali is in Western Africa, is slightly less than twice the size of Texas and is completely landlocked. It's where you'll find Timbuktu!

--------------------
We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness -Thich Nhat Hanh

Posts: 496 | From: I'm a leaf on the wind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Largest Country Sudan, Republic of, republic in north-eastern Africa, the largest
country of the African continent. Sudan has a total area of 2505800 sq km

Evil cackle ah hah ha ha a

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am going to pick Rwanda which is squeezed between Zaire and Tanzania down the bottom bit. [Big Grin] It was the subject of a recent movie Hotel Rwanda which was really unspeakable. It is a tiny nation being only 9633 square miles. It is officially a Catholic Nation, major languages are Kinyarwanda and French. The currency is the Rwanda Franc. The population is listed as 7,312,000, which seems a lot for such a tiny country.

I've included a link to a Safari . As with most african countries, you can look at the wildlife while there. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would like to pick the United Republic of Tanzania , mostly because I think the stone tanzanite is a beautiful gem!

The population of Tanzania is 36,580,000, living on a landmass of 886,040 sq km (342,000 sq miles). The people speak English and Swahili (the official languages) plus local languages. Mt. Kilimanjaro and half of Lake Victoria are in Tanzania...and the climate can be hot, which appeals to this Florida girl! [Big Grin]

Sounds like a good place to visit to me.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cote D'ivoire:
  • Western Africa, bordering the North Atlantic Ocean, between Ghana and Liberia.
  • Total area: 322,460 sq km
  • Government type: Republic; multiparty presidential regime established 1960.
  • Population: 17,298,040
  • Climate: Tropical along coast, semiarid in far north; three seasons - warm and dry (November to March), hot and dry (March to May), hot and wet (June to October)
  • Terrain: Mostly flat to undulating plains; mountains in northwest.
  • Natural resources: petroleum, natural gas, diamonds, manganese, iron ore, cobalt, bauxite, copper, gold, nickel, tantalum, silica sand, clay, cocoa beans, coffee, palm oil, hydropower.
  • Infant mortality rate: Total: 90.83 deaths/1,000 live births
  • Life expectancy at birth: 48.62 years
  • Religions: Christian 20-30%, Muslim 35-40%, indigenous 25-40% (2001)
  • Literacy: (age 15 and over can read and write): 50.9%
  • Economy: Among the world's largest producers and exporters of coffee, cocoa beans, and palm oil.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Jason™

Host emeritus
# 9037

- Posted      Profile for Jason™   Author's homepage   Email Jason™   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Senegal!

Over 11,000,000 people (wow) live in this Western Africa nation. It's over 196,000 km squared.

A largely Islamic nation, it departed from France's leadership (France gave something up? Weird.) in 1960.

A verse from the national anthem:

Sénégal, comme toi, comme tous nos héros,
Nous serons durs sans haine et des deux bras ouverts.
L'épée, nous la mettrons dans la paix du fourreau,
Car le travail sera notre arme et la parole.
Le Bantou est un frère, et l'Arabe et le Blanc.

Senegal, like you, like all our heroes,
We will be hard without hatred, with open arms.
The sword in peace-time we will store in the scabbard,
As work and words will be our weapon.
The Bantu is a brother, and so is the Arab and the White.

Posts: 4123 | From: Land of Mary | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Republic of Madagascar happens to be the fourth largest Island in the world... even bigger than the Isle of Wight! It's a zoologist's heaven with some amazing wildlife inlcuding my absolutel favourites the ringtailed lemurs... in fact it homes 5% of the world's plant and animal species, 80% of these being unique to Madagascar.

You may be interested to know that Madagascar is one of only two countries in the world that doesn't use a decimal based currency - its currency is in base five.

If you'd like to see some photos of Madagascar, look here while a movie is available here

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
PS: Auntie Doris, I think we can feel fairly confident of our contributions being part of the continent of Africa, despite being offshore, because the websites we each linked to state as much. And besides, even the Isle of Wight has on its logo "A region of Europe" !

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I shall choose Burundi , which used to be called Urundi

It's quite small, only just larger than Rwanda, and slightly smaller than Albania. see this list of areas.
THe capital is called Bujumbura,
It has belonged to the Germans, and the Belgians.

It is said to be the poorest country in the world

In 1990, under the name Beats International, Norman Cook, (aka Fatboy Slim) released an album called "Let Them Eat Bingo", which had a song on it called Burundi Blues....

[ 20. September 2005, 08:21: Message edited by: Papa Smurf ]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Swaziland (it's in a book not on the Web that I found it so I can't link to it!)

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Pants' benefit:
Swaziland

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Background: Autonomy for the Swazis of southern Africa was guaranteed by the British in the late 19th century; independence was granted in 1968. Student and labor unrest during the 1990s pressured the monarchy (one of the oldest on the continent) to grudgingly allow political reform and greater democracy. Swaziland recently surpassed Botswana as the country with the world's highest known rates of HIV/AIDS infection
Location: Southern Africa, between Mozambique and South Africa
Geographic coordinates: 26 30 S, 31 30 E
Area: total: 17,363 sq km, land: 17,203 sq km, water: 160 sq km , slightly smaller than New Jersey
Land boundaries: total: 535 km, border countries: Mozambique 105 km, South Africa 430 km, Coastline: 0 km (landlocked), Maritime claims: none (landlocked)
Climate: varies from tropical to near temperate
Terrain: mostly mountains and hills; some moderately sloping plains
Elevation extremes: lowest point: Great Usutu River 21 m, highest point: Emlembe 1,862 m
Natural resources: asbestos, coal, clay, cassiterite, hydropower, forests, small gold and diamond deposits, quarry stone, and talc
Land use: arable land: 10.35%, permanent crops: 0.7%, other: 88.95% (2001)
Irrigated land: 690 sq km (1998 est.)
Natural hazards: drought
Environment - current issues: limited supplies of potable water; wildlife populations being depleted because of excessive hunting; overgrazing; soil degradation; soil erosion
Environment - international agreements:
party to: Biodiversity, Climate Change, Desertification, Endangered Species, Ozone Layer Protection signed, but not ratified: Law of the Sea
Geography - note: landlocked; almost completely surrounded by South Africa Population: 1,173,900
note: estimates for this country explicitly take into account the effects of excess mortality due to AIDS; this can result in lower life expectancy, higher infant mortality and death rates, lower population and growth rates, and changes in the distribution of population by age and sex than would otherwise be expected (July 2005 est.)
Age structure: 0-14 years: 40.6% (male 240,643/female 235,895) 15-64 years: 55.6,% (male 327,661/female 325,400), 65 years and over: 3.8% (male 19,273/female 25,028) (2005 est.) Median age: total: 18.72 years, male: 18.53 years, female: 18.92 years (2005 est.)
Population growth rate: 0.25% (2005 est.)
Birth rate: 27.72 births/1,000 population (2005 est.)
Death rate: 25.26 deaths/1,000 population (2005 est.)
Net migration rate: 0 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2005 est.)
Sex ratio: at birth: 1.03 male(s)/female, under 15 years: 1.02 male(s)/female, 15-64 years: 1.01 male(s)/female, 65 years and over: 0.77 male(s)/female
total population: 1 male(s)/female (2005 est.)
Infant mortality rate: total: 69.27 deaths/1,000 live births, male: 72.51 deaths/1,000 live births, female: 65.94 deaths/1,000 live births (2005 est.)
Life expectancy at birth: total population: 35.65 years, male: 37.18 years, female: 34.07 years (2005 est.)
Total fertility rate: 3.7 children born/woman (2005 est.)
HIV/AIDS - adult prevalence rate: 38.8% (2003 est.)
HIV/AIDS - people living with HIV/AIDS: 20,000 (2003 est.)
HIV/AIDS - deaths: 17,000 (2003 est.)
Nationality: noun: Swazi(s), adjective: Swazi
Ethnic groups: African 97%, European 3%
Religions: Zionist (a blend of Christianity and indigenous ancestral worship) 40%, Roman Catholic 20%, Muslim 10%, Anglican, Bahai, Methodist, Mormon, Jewish and other 30%
Languages: English (official, government business conducted in English), siSwati (official)
Literacy: definition: age 15 and over can read and write, total population: 81.6%, male: 82.6%
female: 80.8% (2003 est.)
Government Swaziland Top of Page
Country name:
conventional long form: Kingdom of Swaziland
conventional short form: Swaziland
Government type:
monarchy; independent member of Commonwealth
Capital:
Mbabane; note - Lobamba is the royal and legislative capital
Administrative divisions:
4 districts; Hhohho, Lubombo, Manzini, Shiselweni
Independence:
6 September 1968 (from UK)
National holiday:
Independence Day, 6 September (1968)
Constitution:
a constitution was due to be adopted in November 2003 but was delayed and scheduled for early 2005
Legal system:
based on South African Roman-Dutch law in statutory courts and Swazi traditional law and custom in traditional courts; has not accepted compulsory ICJ jurisdiction
Suffrage:
18 years of age
Executive branch:
chief of state: King MSWATI III (since 25 April 1986)
head of government: Prime Minister Absolom Themba DLAMINI (since 14 November 2003)
cabinet: Cabinet recommended by the prime minister and confirmed by the monarch
elections: none; the monarch is hereditary; prime minister appointed by the monarch
Legislative branch:
bicameral Parliament or Libandla, an advisory body, consists of the Senate (30 seats - 10 appointed by the House of Assembly and 20 appointed by the monarch; members serve five-year terms) and the House of Assembly (65 seats - 10 appointed by the monarch and 55 elected by popular vote; members serve five-year terms)
elections: House of Assembly - last held 18 October 2003 (next to be held October 2008)
election results: House of Assembly - balloting is done on a nonparty basis; candidates for election are nominated by the local council of each constituency and for each constituency the three candidates with the most votes in the first round of voting are narrowed to a single winner by a second round
Judicial branch:
High Court; Court of Appeal; judges for both courts are appointed by the monarch
Political parties and leaders:
political parties are banned by the government - the following are considered political associations; Imbokodvo National Movement or INM [leader NA]; Ngwane National Liberatory Congress or NNLC [Obed DLAMINI, president]; People's United Democratic Movement or PUDEMO [Mario MASUKU, president]
Political pressure groups and leaders:
NA
International organization participation:
ACP, AfDB, AU, C, FAO, G-77, IBRD, ICAO, ICFTU, ICRM, IDA, IFAD, IFC, IFRCS, ILO, IMF, Interpol, IOC, ISO (correspondent), ITU, MIGA, NAM, OPCW, PCA, SACU, SADC, UN, UNCTAD, UNESCO, UNIDO, UPU, WCO, WHO, WIPO, WMO, WToO, WTO
Diplomatic representation in the US:
chief of mission: Ambassador Mary Madzandza KANYA
chancery: 1712 New Hampshire Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20009
telephone: [1] (202) 234-5002
FAX: [1] (202) 234-8254
Diplomatic representation from the US:
chief of mission: Ambassador Lewis LUCKE
embassy: Central Bank Building, Warner Street, Mbabane
mailing address: P. O. Box 199, Mbabane
telephone: [268] 404-6441 through 404-6445
FAX: [268] 404-5959
Flag description:
three horizontal bands of blue (top), red (triple width), and blue; the red band is edged in yellow; centered in the red band is a large black and white shield covering two spears and a staff decorated with feather tassels, all placed horizontally
Economy Swaziland Top of Page
Economy - overview:
In this small, landlocked economy, subsistence agriculture occupies more than 80% of the population. The manufacturing sector has diversified since the mid-1980s. Sugar and wood pulp remain important foreign exchange earners. Mining has declined in importance in recent years with only coal and quarry stone mines remaining active. Surrounded by South Africa, except for a short border with Mozambique, Swaziland is heavily dependent on South Africa from which it receives about nine-tenths of its imports and to which it sends nearly three-quarters of its exports. Customs duties from the Southern African Customs Union and worker remittances from South Africa substantially supplement domestically earned income. The government is trying to improve the atmosphere for foreign investment. Overgrazing, soil depletion, drought, and sometimes floods persist as problems for the future. More than one-fourth of the population needed emergency food aid in 2004 because of drought, and more than one-third of the adult population was infected by HIV/AIDS.
GDP:
purchasing power parity - $6.018 billion (2004 est.)
GDP - real growth rate:
2.5% (2004 est.)
GDP - per capita:
purchasing power parity - $5,100 (2004 est.)
GDP - composition by sector:
agriculture: 16.1%
industry: 43.4%
services: 40.5% (2004 est.)
Labor force:
383,200 (2000)
Labor force - by occupation:
NA
Unemployment rate:
34% (2000 est.)
Population below poverty line:
40% (1995)
Household income or consumption by percentage share:
lowest 10%: 1%
highest 10%: 50.2% (1995)
Inflation rate (consumer prices):
5.4% (2004 est.)
Investment (gross fixed):
23.6% of GDP (2004 est.)
Budget:
revenues: $494.6 million
expenditures: $552.7 million, including capital expenditures of $147 million (2004 est.)
Agriculture - products:
sugarcane, cotton, corn, tobacco, rice, citrus, pineapples, sorghum, peanuts; cattle, goats, sheep
Industries:
mining (coal, raw asbestos), wood pulp, sugar, soft drink concentrates, textile and apparel
Industrial production growth rate:
3.7% (FY95/96)
Electricity - production:
402 million kWh (2002)
Electricity - consumption:
1.173 billion kWh (2002)
Electricity - exports:
0 kWh (2002)
Electricity - imports:
799 million kWh; note - electricity supplied by South Africa (2002)
Oil - production:
0 bbl/day (2001 est.)
Oil - consumption:
3,500 bbl/day (2001 est.)
Oil - exports:
NA
Oil - imports:
NA
Current account balance:
$-82.4 million (2004 est.)
Exports:
$900.1 million f.o.b. (2004 est.)
Exports - commodities:
soft drink concentrates, sugar, wood pulp, cotton yarn, refrigerators, citrus and canned fruit
Exports - partners:
South Africa 59.7%, EU 8.8%, US 8.8%, Mozambique 6.2% (2004)
Imports:
$1.14 billion f.o.b. (2004 est.)
Imports - commodities:
motor vehicles, machinery, transport equipment, foodstuffs, petroleum products, chemicals
Imports - partners:
South Africa 95.6%, EU 0.9%, Japan 0.9%, Singapore 0.3% (2004)
Reserves of foreign exchange and gold:
$320.5 million (2004 est.)
Debt - external:
$320 million (2002 est.)
Economic aid - recipient:
$104 million (2001)
Currency (code):
lilangeni (SZL)
Exchange rates:
emalangeni per US dollar - 6.4597 (2004), 7.5648 (2003), 10.5407 (2002), 8.6092 (2001), 6.9398 (2000)
Fiscal year:
1 April - 31 March
Communications Swaziland Top of Page
Telephones - main lines in use:
46,200 (2003)
Telephones - mobile cellular:
88,000 (2003)
Telephone system:
general assessment: a somewhat modern but not an advanced system
domestic: system consists of carrier-equipped, open-wire lines and low-capacity, microwave radio relay
international: country code - 268; satellite earth station - 1 Intelsat (Atlantic Ocean)
Radio broadcast stations:
AM 3, FM 2 plus 4 repeaters, shortwave 3 (2004)
Television broadcast stations:
5 plus 7 relay stations (2004)
Internet country code:
.sz
Internet hosts:
1,401 (2003)
Internet users:
27,000 (2003)
Transportation Swaziland Top of Page
Railways:
total: 301 km
narrow gauge: 301 km 1.067-m gauge (2004)
Highways:
total: 3,107 km
paved: NA
unpaved: NA (2000)
Airports:
18 (2004 est.)
Airports - with paved runways:
total: 1
2,438 to 3,047 m: 1 (2004 est.)
Airports - with unpaved runways:
total: 17
914 to 1,523 m: 7
under 914 m: 10 (2004 est.)
Military Swaziland Top of Page
Military branches:
Umbutfo Swaziland Defense Force (USDF): Ground Force (includes Air Wing), Royal Swaziland Police Force (RSPF) (2005)
Military manpower - military age and obligation:
18 years of age for voluntary military service; both sexes are eligible for military service (2005)
Military manpower - availability:
males age 18-49: 248,676 (2005 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service:
males age 18-49: 98,530 (2005 est.)
Military expenditures - dollar figure:
$40.5 million (2004)
Military expenditures - percent of GDP:
1.4% (2004)
Transnational Issues Swaziland Top of Page
Disputes - international:
none

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sheeeeesh Pants! Do you think you put enough information in there?! [Eek!] [Eek!]

I was actually gonna use Swaziland, (a lovely place to go btw people - this quiz is great, gives me a chance to boast about all the fun places I've been to!) but now will have to go for Lesotho which is quite small, so I'm feeling quite good about not getting knocked out.

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Hands up all those who wish to award PANTS the accolade of ......

"MOST INTERESTING POST TO DATE"

VOTES should be either

1) [Snore]
2) [Killing me]
3) [Roll Eyes]
4) [Ultra confused]
5) [Overused]

--------------------

Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I think she deserves [Overused] just for the sheer time taken to type all that out ( [Eek!] )and for the fact that she looked it up in a good ol fashioned book. [Biased]

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

definitely a [Snore]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nutmeg:
Well I think she deserves [Overused] just for the sheer time taken to type all that out ( [Eek!] )and for the fact that she looked it up in a good ol fashioned book. [Biased]

Two words - copy/paste.

My vote is [Snore]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And now for my entry: Egypt.

Egypt is probably the world's oldest civilization having emerged from the Nile Valley around 3,100 years ago, historically. Egypt is probably one of the oldest vacation spots. Early Greeks, Romans and others went there just for fun, and to see the wonders of some of mankind's earliest triumphs. But Egypt is much more than Pyramids and monuments. It is also Red Sea scuba diving, hot night spots, luxury hotels and five star restaurants. It is romantic cruises down the Nile on festive river boats, a night at the grand opera and it is a cultural experience like none you have ever experienced. Egypt is a land bustling with life, sound, visual beauty and excitement.

Also, my parents have been there twice, and didn't take me on either occasion, the gits [Mad]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My vote for Pants as I was showing D-U her post:
[Killing me]

Then as I got tired of reading facts and figures:
[Snore]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I shall explore the Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya.

The capital, Tripoli, was founded in the seventh century BC by the Phoenicians, but was subsequently taken over by the Cyrenaicans, the Carthaginians, the Romans, the Ottomans, the Spanish, the Knights of St John, the Ottomans (again), someone called Ahmed Karamanli, the Ottomans for a third time, the Italians, the British and finally gained independance in 1951.

The country's land area is 1.76million square kilometers of which 1% is arable. Six other countries share borders with Libya.

There are 57 million search results for Libya on Google.

Nine different languages are spoken in the country.

The mathematician theodorus was born there in 465BC who worked on the irrationality of some square roots.

Today the temperature at Tripoli International Airport is 82F.

Of the 104 nations visited by Pope John Paul II, none of them was Libya.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

My choice for African country: Lesotho:

Lesotho is enclosed by South Africa.

(Geography - note: landlocked; surrounded by South Africa; mountainous, more than 80% of the country is 1,800 meters above sea level; only country in the world that lies entirely above 1,000 meters. Lesotho is one of only three states surrounded entirely by another; the other two are San Marino and Vatican City, in Italy.)

Three distinct geographical regions, demarcated by ascending altitude, expend approximately north-south through the country. The western quarter of the country, a plateau averaging 5,000 to 6,000 ft, ranges from a thin strip of 6 miles in width to a zone 40 miles wide. The soil of this zone is derive from sandstone and, particularly in the western most region, is poor and badly eroded.

The reminder of the country is highland. A zone of rolling foothills, ranging from 6,000 to 7,000 ft, forms the border between the lowlands and the mountains in the east. The Maluti Mountains, spurs of the Drakensberg range, extend north and south. They form a high plateau from 9,000 to 10,000 ft in height. The highest point is Thabana Ntlenyana (11,425ft) in the east. The rich volcanic soils of the foothills and mountains are some of the best in the country.

The sources of two of the principal rivers in South Africa, the Orange and the Thukela, are in these mountains. Tributaries of the Caledon River, which forms the country's western border, also rise here.

CLIMATE

Temperatures vary widely from one geographical zone to another, and frequently within zones, depending on the altitude. In the lowlands, temperatures reach 32C° (90°F) or more in the summer and rarely fall below -6.6°C (20°F) in the winter. The range in the highlands is greater; temperatures can fall below -18°C (0°F) and frost and hail are frequent hazards. Rainfall is mostly concentrated in the months from October to April and the hottest months are January and February. Snows occurs in the highlands between May and September. Lesotho experiences a great deal of sunshine.

VISAS & IMMIGRATION

Most nationals of Commonwealth countries do not require visa, apart from Australia, Canada, Ghana, New Zealand, Nigeria, India, Pakistan and Namibia. Nationals from Denmark, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Norway, San Marino, Sweden and South Africa do not require visas. All others are required to have a visa to enter the country.

Full passports are required by all.

If travelling to Lesotho from South Africa, you require a multiple-entry visa to re-enter into South Africa.

It is advisable to check for the latest visa requirement information with the Lesotho representative in your country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONEY

Official Currency: 1 Loti=100 lisente

Lesotho is part of the Rand Monetary Area and the South African Rand is accepted as legal currency.

Travellers cheques are best taken in US Dollars or Pounds Sterling. along with most of the major credit cards are widely accepted. There are no restrictions on the import of foreign currency

Banks In Lesotho:

Central Bank of Lesotho

BANKING & BUSINESS HOURS

Banking:
Monday to Friday (except Wednesday) 0830-1500 Wednesday: 0830-1300 Saturday: 0830-1100

Shops:
Monday to Friday: 0800-1700 Saturday: 0800-1200

Government Offices:
Monday to Friday: 0800-1245 and 1400-1630

LOCAL TIME

Lesotho is two hours ahead of GMT

TRANSPORT & GETTING AROUND

Air:
Lesotho Airways has daily flights to and from Johannesburg International Airport which takes approximately one hour, ten minutes. Lesotho Airways also provides connections to some of the main towns.

Rail:
The South African Railway systems links into Lesotho from Maseru to Marseille on the Bloemfontein/Natal main line.

Public Transport:
Generally well served by privately owned buses and smaller passenger vehicles particularly between major centres. Some unsealed roads become impassable during the rainy season.

Self Drive / Hire Cars:

The main road running from north to western and southern borders is sealed and passable throughout the year. All other minor roads can be impassable during the rains.

Driving is on the Left hand side and driving licences issued in most countries are valid for a period of up to six month, provided that they are printed in English or are accompanied by a certified translation. International Licences are recognised.

PUBLIC HOLIDAYS

1st January New Years Day
11th March Moshoeshoe's Day
4th April Hero's Day
1st May Worker's Day
17th July King's Birthday
4th October Independence Day
25th December Christmas Day
26th December Boxing Day
Variable Holidays include: Good Friday, Easter Monday and Ascension Day

ELECTRICAL POWER

Electric Power is 220V running at 50Hz. The Plug types used are :
"South African" Plug - view

TRAVEL INSURANCE

If you need medical care whilst in Lesotho, it is best to be aware that medical providers may not accept payment through your insurance company. In these circumstances you will have to pay in full after your treatment and file a claim with your insurance company for reimbursement. Therefore you should have access to cash, either from a credit card or by wire transfer. If you need assistance contact the country's local embassy or representative.

To be compensated you must be treated by licensed medical personnel and provide your insurance company with proper documentation and receipts.

It is advisable to always ensure you have a comprehensive travel insurance policy which covers you for repatriation to your home country.

History

After many years as a British protectorate, Lesotho gained full independence from the United Kingdom on October 4, 1966. In January 1970 the ruling Basotho National Party (BNP) appeared set to lose the first post-independence general elections when Prime Minister Leabua Jonathan annulled the election. He refused to cede power to the Basotho Congress Party (BCP) and imprisoned its leadership.

The BNP ruled by decree until January 1986 when a military coup forced them out of office. The Military Council that came into power granted executive powers to King Moshoeshoe II, who was until then a ceremonial monarch. In 1987, however, the King was forced into exile after a falling out with the army. His son was installed as King Letsie III.

The chairman of the military junta, Major General Justin Metsing Lekhanya, was ousted in 1991 and then replaced by Major General Elias Phisoana Ramaema, who handed over power to a democratically elected government of the BCP in 1993. Moshoeshoe II returned from exile in 1992 as an ordinary citizen. After the return to democratic government, King Letsie III tried unsuccessfully to persuade the BCP government to reinstate his father (Moshoeshoe II) as head of state. In August 1994, Letsie III staged a coup which was backed by the military and deposed the BCP government. The new government did not receive full international recognition. Member states of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) engaged in negotiations aimed at the reinstatement of the BCP government. One of the conditions put forward by the King for the return of the BCP government was that his father should be re-installed as head of state. After protracted negotiations, the BCP government was reinstated and the King abdicated in favor of his father in 1995, but Moshoeshoe II died in a car accident in 1996 and was again succeeded by his son, Letsie III. The ruling BCP split over leadership disputes in 1997.

Prime Minister Ntsu Mokhehle formed a new party, the Lesotho Congress for Democracy (LCD), and was followed by a majority of Members of Parliament, which enabled him to form a new government. The LCD won the general elections in 1998 under the leadership of Pakalitha Mosisili, who had succeeded Mokhehle as party leader. Despite the elections being pronounced free and fair by local and international observers and a subsequent special commission appointed by SADC, the opposition political parties rejected the results.

Opposition protests in the country intensified, culminating in a peaceful demonstration outside the royal palace in August 1998. Exact details of what followed are much disputed, but in September a SADC task force operating on orders of unclear provenance entered the capitol city. While the Botswanan troops were welcomed, tensions with white Afrikaaner South African troops were high, and sporadic rioting intensified when the Afrikaaners ran up a South African flag at the royal palace. Numerous units of Lesotho's armed services mutinied. By the time the SADC forces withdrew in May of 1999, much of Maseru lay in ruins, and the southern provincial capitol towns of Mafeteng and Mohales Hoek had seen the loss of over a third of their commercial real estate.

An Interim Political Authority (IPA), charged with reviewing the electoral structure in the country, was created in December 1998. The IPA devised a proportional electoral system to ensure that there be opposition in the National Assembly. The new system retained the existing 80 elected Assembly seats, but added 40 seats to be filled on a proportional basis. Elections were held under this new system in May 2002, and the LCD won again. For the first time, however, opposition political parties won significant numbers of seats, and despite some irregularities and threats of violence from Major General Lekhanya, Lesotho experienced its first peaceful election. Nine opposition parties now hold all 40 of the proportional seats, with the BNP having the largest share (21). The LCD has 79 of the 80 constituency-based seats. Although its elected members participate in the National Assembly, the BNP has launched several legal challenges to the elections, including a recount; none has been successful.

Area:
total: 30,355 km² (137th in the world)

Natural resources: water, agricultural and grazing land, some diamonds and other minerals

Land use:
arable land: 10.71%

Population
- Total (2004)1,861,959 (143rd in the world)

National anthem
- Lesotho Fatse La Bontat'a Rona

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

For the assistance of the geographically challenged:

Countries in Africa

Auntie Doris, Comoros is indeed included [Smile]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Auntie Doris, Comoros is indeed included [Smile]

Hurrah, hurrah!!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

I would award a [Ultra confused] to Pânts, and a [Snore] to sharkshooter for doing something similar.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  26  27  28 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016