homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Trapped in Hell.

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Trapped in Hell.
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks a lot guys. The boards shut down and lock for the trip across the pond without warning and I’m trapped inside Hell for three days.

Man, it’s a big place. And I had never realised the variety before.

All the Hellion’s who make one liners are stuck in dull concrete telephone call centers. Over and over they start their spiel, only to be hung up on after a tirade of abuse. Over and over, with nothing of substance to say.

The jousting fields are superbly cultivated and simply enormous. The only blemish to this picture being the occasional deceased equine scattered about, obviously from previous battles. The crusaders, all immaculately prepared, astride their thoroughbreds, prance and run along the competition fields. But unfortunately, with only one rider to a field and the enormous size of the arenas, they have no one to engage in battle and no one can hear their screams of anger.

Centrally, there is a huge arena. In the middle a small spot lit area and in the surrounding stands, thousands of people throwing excrement at the poor bastards in the middle. Unfortunately, due to poor aim, the crap is hitting all in the stands as well as those in the spotlight. No one seems to mind and it is a hub of noise and activity.
Almost inaudibly, I hear ‘Only two people at a time; I say, that is simply not sporting’

Quietly in small cubicles underneath, several are muttering to themselves. ‘It’s a subjunctive past tense, not future; you ignorant twits.’ All else ignore them.

Forlornly wandering around, their radiance dulled by their blood and the muck they have been sprayed with are the oddities of Hell, chanting almost as a mantra ‘I Thought This Was A Christian Website’ to the sound of whimsical laughter.

In the deepest dankest part of Hell is a pit. The sign says. Beware of the Trolls. I cannot describe the creatures, for although I could hear their cries, and smell their offensive nature, I respected the sign stating ‘Hosts and Admins Only – Everyone else Bugger Off and Shut the Hell Up you Tosspots’.

Unusually, none of the denizens have shoes. In fact, there is not a boot to be seen.

Down the far end, almost out of eyesight, certainly out of earshot, are the Host Mansions.

Rook has his own mountain range for tramping, on call nursing and interestingly, a thesaurus of imaginative insults. It is well thumbed. The garage with a fine selection of high performance machines is particularly enviable.

Marvin, in his building; scribed in enormous glowing letters ‘IT IS NOT MARTIN YOU TURDS’ has a huge library on almost every subject. Interestingly, his posts are entirely written by machine, whilst Marvin sits back in front of the fire, sipping Port and smoking a fine cigars.

Sarky’s is a Hellishly themed bar. On every available surface is a different form of fork, with sharp nasty and well utilised tines still dripping with the body fluids of denizens. All the seats are well worn, and above the bar is a sign stating, Hosts and Admins only; Management reserves the right to humiliate, destroy and humble at any time.

Overhead, the Gator flies in an old sopwith camel, periodically firing at and scattering the denizens of this land. Periodically, a body from Purgatory is cast out of the plane to land unceremoniously amongst the others. A deliciously evil cackle can be heard. Even the Hosts seem wary.

And as I clawed my way to sanity, I observed an enormous pile of manure and I wondered how deep it was for I feared I would be in it very soon…

After three days, my mind all the more fractured, my spirit broken, my body weak and malnourished, I crawled from the computer wondering if any others survived a similar horror of entrapment in Hell.

[ 25. February 2006, 00:01: Message edited by: Sarkycow ]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You had a lot of time to compose that.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a lot to be said for one liners. They're easy to scroll past for one thing.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Emperors of the kingdom dolorous
From their breasts forth issued advice;
And better that I adhere

To those giants whose arms contain the hellions;
Consider now how great must be that whole,
Which unto such parts conforms itself.

Were they as fair once, as they are now acerbic,
And lifted up their brows against Heaven,
Well may proceed from them all tribulation.

O, what a marvel it appeared to me,
When I beheld the three faces on their heads!
The one a vermilion leaf was;

Two were the others, that were joined with this
Above the middle part of either shoulder,
And they were joined together at the crest;

And the right-hand one seemed like a planet;
The left was such to look upon as those
Who come from where the Channel passes Guernsey,

Underneath each came forth two mighty wings,
Such as befitting were so great a bird;
Sails of the sea I never saw so large.

No feathers had they, but as of a bat
Their fashion was; and they were waving them,
So that three winds proceeded forth therefrom.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This thread is my idea of hell. More poetry. Ok, y'all have driven me back to Mother Duchess's big ass screen tv...where she is forcing me to wrap up watching episode one of "Country Boys" sad look in my mom's eyes..."I thought you would love this! I thought of you when I watched this...

I'm gone. [brick wall]

[edited to correct dang grammar. shucks.]

[ 16. January 2006, 01:19: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What was snowpiss saying? I gave up after the seventeenth paragraph or so.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it was a metaphor, or an allegory, or something. Possibly indigestion.

--------------------

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indigestion as metaphor. Quaint.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, doofus? Big red sign, says 'Log out'.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever, it provoked a glorious poem from Tortuf. Now I am going to have starry-eyed fantasies about him reading it aloud with his famously gorgeous speaking voice.

Siiiigh. [Axe murder]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While I appreciate the flattery, I had better give credit where credit is due. The good parts of my poem belong to Dante Alighieri.

Have a look at Canto 34 of the Inferno. It just seemed appropriate somehow.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I figured it was a take-off on something. Still,nicely done.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

Merci. [Biased]

PATDYS, OP seemed like an attempt at epic poetry about our lovely Hell Hosts.

People just think they are mean. In reality they are weary of all of this nonsense of seeming threatening and harsh while hosting in Hell.

Why, with my intimate personal knowledge of the Hell Hosts, I can let y'all in on a secret or two.

RooK, who seems impervious to warm human feeling was once found holding onto a Teddy Ruxpin in a Toys R Us, and crying about his Boo Boo Bear. Marvin, who seems like a proper English Gentleman, carrying about his tightly furled umbrella, is actually an fanatic adherent of Stephen Gaskin, who lives on The Farm. Sarky, my goddess of the boards when she posts, is not the 20 something blond bombshell she pretends to be. She is actually one Ethyl Bainbridge, charwoman to the stars.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

...and Tortuf likes to run into donut shops and yell "What are pennies made of? DIRTY COPPER!!!"

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well then suddenly we heard a siren
And everybody started to run
Jumping out of doors and tables
Well I heard somebody shooting a gun...

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
Marvin, who seems like a proper English Gentleman, carrying about his tightly furled umbrella, is actually an fanatic adherent of Stephen Gaskin, who lives on The Farm.

[Cool] I've got a Farm streak, hidden away somewhere. Way cool that it's still around after all these years! [Smile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow:
Marvin, in his building; scribed in enormous glowing letters ‘IT IS NOT MARTIN YOU TURDS’ has a huge library on almost every subject. Interestingly, his posts are entirely written by machine, whilst Marvin sits back in front of the fire, sipping Port and smoking a fine cigars.

Port? I think not. It's good for swigging out of the bottle at halftime in a rugby match and not much else.

A decent Merlot, on the other hand [Smile] ...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bugger. And I tried for accuracy too.

Tortuf, Thankyou for your muse and inside knowledge.

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*sniffle*

I would have enjoyed getting stuck on the boards, in any section.

Well, maybe not a tat-filled ones, I dunno, having not spent a lot of time being concerned with tat.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

- Posted      Profile for ozowen   Author's homepage   Email ozowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish I knew some one liners

--------------------
Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at, so take time to thank a creationist for their contribution.

Posts: 2933 | From: The Never Never, Australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So is someone gonna summarise what was said? Or did no one get that far?

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

As I understand it Pânts, the pop-up version will be out by next Christmas. Do you think you can wait until then?
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
*sniffle*

I would have enjoyed getting stuck on the boards, in any section.

Well, maybe not a tat-filled ones, I dunno, having not spent a lot of time being concerned with tat.

Anyone else misread "tat" there? C'mon, someone musta done.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As much as it irritates the hell out of me to say this, if tomb were hosting here, I doubt this thread would be open much longer.

[brick wall]

eta: maybe I should delete this

[ 16. January 2006, 13:22: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is usually one pointless thread to irritate the Hell Hosts and this appears to be it.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh, the sole point of this thread is to irritate the hellhosts? Ok...

[Axe murder] [Axe murder] [Axe murder] [Axe murder]

I'd put the full 8, but I'm an underachiever.

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
As I understand it Pânts, the pop-up version will be out by next Christmas. Do you think you can wait until then?

I guess. It doesn't sound like it's very interesting anyway.

Will the pop up version have red maple leaves in it?

--------------------

Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
quote:

I guess. It doesn't sound like it's very interesting anyway.

Will the pop up version have red maple leaves in it?

They might be changed to blue, depending on our election next week.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Actually I just re-read the OP and it's really quite good.

Problem is it's so good, The hellions can't possibly add to it.* Hence thread failure.

*gauntelet alert

Pissy, copy-paste it to RooK's Holy Asshole thread in heaven and see if it flies there. My suggestion.

--------------------

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice try, PATDS. One day you may realise that creativity is not appreciated in Hell.

H&E - not an example, but a dire warning.

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ham'n'Eggs:
One day you may realise that creativity is not appreciated in Hell.

Sez who? [Confused]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zwingli
Shipmate
# 4438

- Posted      Profile for Zwingli   Email Zwingli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Actually I just re-read the OP and it's really quite good.

Assuming you're serious, I had to agree. The OP was quite amusing, though definitely the work of a man with too much time on his hands. I swear some denizens seem to need psychiatric help every time the Ship goes down, to cope with the gaping hole in their lives.
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Honestly, I've tried to read it, but I have trouble getting past the first line where he whines about the Ship going down without a warning. There was warning, dumbass, in the Styx. There was mention of it in one thread plus a sticky thread by Erin. Perhaps the rest of his OP was creative, but when he starts with such a plonker, the rest is just a waste in my mind.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So unforgiving. Artistic license perhaps?

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I tend to be dreadfully unforgiving when people take cheap sideswipes at The Management™.
daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

- Posted      Profile for daronmedway     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
I think it was a metaphor, or an allegory, or something. Possibly indigestion.

I'd say the genre is Apocalyptic.
Posts: 6976 | From: Southampton | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

quote:
Originally posted by Flausa:
Honestly, I've tried to read it, but I have trouble getting past the first line ...

Wait for the pop up version too?

--------------------

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

quote:
Originally posted by Flausa:
I tend to be dreadfully unforgiving when people take cheap sideswipes at The Management™.

Have to answer this.

I have avoided posting because I backed myself into a corner to a certain extent. I couldn't continue the theme myself, because it would be in direct reponse to the replies and go from a bit of fun to being spiteful.

I didn't want to have to justify my OP either because as a bit of fun, it either worked or failed on it's own merits. Joke suck when you have to explain them

But I feel I must answer this. Flausa, I am aware of the thread in the Styx and was so prior to the boards shutting down. In fact the boards shut down later and reopened earlier than I expected.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for the admins and for the hosts and for the boards and denizens themselves. I would ask you to reread the OP with the understanding that it was written from a postion of respect and humour. The humour, judging by the responses has been a bit hit and miss, but that's OK.

quote:
And as I clawed my way to sanity, I observed an enormous pile of manure and I wondered how deep it was for I feared I would be in it very soon…
Thankyou to those who have thrown flotation devices, the depth was deeper than expected.

Unfortunately, the Popup version has had to be put on indefinite hold.

--------------------

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

quote:
Originally posted by Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow:
I have nothing but the utmost respect for the admins and for the hosts and for the boards and denizens themselves.

Och aye.

quote:
I would ask you to reread the OP
While I can forgive the former, I must admit there's still too many words in the OP for me to read the whole thing. I'll just have to trust Kelly's judgment that it's funny and sit on the sidelines with Pants waiting for the Pop-up version. I do sooooo much better with small words and pictures these days.
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

- Posted      Profile for IntellectByProxy   Author's homepage   Email IntellectByProxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't like it? Don't read it. It's not like anyone had a gun to your head.

You always have the option of turning away from the screen, blinking into the middle distance and then maybe going out for a nice walk in the sun, whisking a few fallen leaves with your feet and remarking on the general loveliness of January afternoons.

Outside exists: I've seen it myself.

--------------------
www.zambiadiaries.blogspot.com

Posts: 3482 | From: The opposite | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
Originally posted by IntellectByProxy:
Don't like it? Don't read it.

But how will you know you don't like it if you don't read it? (I read it all the way through and liked it, BTW. But then I'm remarkably easy to entertain.)
quote:
You always have the option of turning away from the screen, blinking into the middle distance and then maybe going out for a nice walk in the sun
Not if you're sitting around for the second day in a row waiting for the plumber to come you don't.

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
As much as it irritates the hell out of me to say this, if tomb were hosting here, I doubt this thread would be open much longer.

[brick wall]

eta: maybe I should delete this

Maybe you should have deleted it. Too late.

Meanwhile, I rather liked it. Kelly's got it bang to rights though - it's a stand alone, rather than something to be added to I think.

Sarkycow

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

quote:
Originally posted by IntellectByProxy:
Don't like it? Don't read it.

I wanted to read it. But it had too many words.

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

and some big ones, too.

--------------------

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
Originally posted by Ham'n'Eggs:
One day you may realise that creativity is not appreciated in Hell.

Sez who? [Confused]
Are you calling me a sockpuppet? No, that would be much too sophisticated.

Is your memory retention span calibrated in microseconds?

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's creativity and C[R{E!A+T>I|V\I-T<Y though, Hammy. Yours was just the wrong sort. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
HopPik
Shipmate
# 8510

- Posted      Profile for HopPik     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nite all. I won't be turning the lights out.

--------------------
Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and supposedly the pig enjoys it. G.B. Shaw

Posts: 2084 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Yours was just the wrong sort.

Was? Aha! A compliment.

<makes note in worn-out Woolworths exercise book>

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016